Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Come What May (327)

Default Come What May (327)

Come What May!

Its time for the Pokémon Contest in Fallarbor and May is as vigilant as ever. She is anxious to have her first win and wipe the smirk off Drew's face. However she ends up against the Medicham and has her toughest battle yet...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Factory Head Noland Guest

I can't wait to see this episode! I love Pokemon Contest's, they are so exciting.

Beautifly VS Medicham....sounds like an exciting episode!

I love this episode! I just watched it, and it was totally worth watching BTW, and this episode had some pretty cool stuff: beautifly's combo
    Grace not laughing a lot
    Drew finally losing, so i can laugh!
    Jessie cheating with dustox
    I give this episode a 9/10!
    xNodame is my Bishoujo! MUKYA! >:3
    xCurrently playing: MinDeaD BlooD (PC), Dairantou Smash Bros. X (Wii), No More Heroes (Wii) [Lots of stuff]
    xCurrently watching: Nothin' [Playing too many games]
    xCurrently listening: Ayako Ono - [TWO OF US]
    <---

[ HAZUKASHII~!]

{----------------------------------------------------------------------------}
    | Anime List | Youtube Account | Website |

"Pros and Con artists" was awesome.

What impressed me the most about this episode was how well scripted the battles were. They weren't cheap battles either, Medicham using the Ice punch on the floor to deflect Roselia's Solar beam was really great.

What was also good is it wasn't a cheap cop out to have May win. They made May's battle against Grace believeable, even though Grace had so much more experience. Beautifly imobilizing Medichams arms so it couldn't use Meditate, as well as the Silver wind to it's back making it hurt it's knee. Really a great strategy.

Really loved the battles and animation in this episode. I knew the contests episodes would be great, they're just as interesting as the GYM episodes.

Bottom line, if you didn't like this episode, I guess you don't like well scripted battles. Also goes to show you that battling in Contests is just as exciting as real battles.

This was awesome...as now if i were to vote between May and Misty in battle chances are...MAY would win with what pokemon she currently has...with her stratgies and combo's...this will help my fic...lol

Well, it was good, now another few ep...and GYM MATCH...lol
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Excellent excellent Episode.

-It was a Contest Episode. What's not to love? >_<

-The animation was awesome, specifically Medicham's Ice Punch. Man, can that thing be launched!

-All the attacks were expertly said, no foul-ups as far as I can tell.

-Very emotional too. The big climax with Beautifly versus Medicham was heart-racing.

-Trainer's Choice: Not bad, very simple today. I know some people will complain that it was too simple, but hey, you can't have toughies all the time.

-And... what's this? Who's that Pokemon? Why, it's Paras of course, but what's the occasion? It was certainly in an odd place.

This Episode gets V's seal of approval, not that my seal is anything special: [Approved]
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

That who's that pokemon is obviously KidsWB's doing. It clearly wasn't part of the episode, KidsWB played an old clip from some Kanto episode with Paras. (hence the old design)

I wonder if KidsWB is going to put old clips like that before the commercial breaks end.

OMG, this was onem of the best episodes ever!!!! Medicham's voice rocked as usual, and the battles were amazing. Jessie and Dustox were funny, and it's good to see TR have more of a role than the usual comedy relief!! Grace and May's battle was excellent!!!! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Overall rating:
    9.8 out of 10!!!!
    Second best episode in AG so far!!! Keep up the AWESOME work!!!
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Kewl episode. I loved it. That Ice punch Vs. Solar Beam was so coool.

Master Mewtwo

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    That who's that pokemon is obviously KidsWB's doing. It clearly wasn't part of the episode, KidsWB played an old clip from some Kanto episode with Paras. (hence the old design)
    I did recognize that it was an older version, but I'd like to know the reason for showing it right now of all times? I mean, was there a demand for it? Did KidsWB have a craving for WTP? Was there a roulette wheel involved?
    V | Faction

Houndoom Master Guest

You could tell May would win. The combinations were clever, but I doubt Grace would actually realize the way Solarbeam would reflect off the ice. The strategy most of the characters had were smart. Drew was still snobbish, I can't stand his voice. By the way, what the heck was the Who's That Pokemon with Paras about? Overall, I only give it a 3/10. BTW, I use my own rating system, and it didn't score that high. Otherwise, what I post is comments.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    I did recognize that it was an older version, but I'd like to know the reason for showing it right now of all times? I mean, was there a demand for it? Did KidsWB have a craving for WTP? Was there a roulette wheel involved?
    Well, let's see if they put another who's that pokemon during "Cheer Pressure" in half an hour.

It'll be amusing to see if it's Jigglypuff, then I know they're going in order from "The Problem with Paras".

slysunshine Guest

Talking

Oh, where to start? I loved it of course. There's been a near perfect episode each week for three weeks now.

I actually liked watching these battles. Watching them attack wasn't the best part of the show, but it was cool for once. (Well, it was a contest, why wouldn't it be?) I didn't get to see May win though. My sister came in right as Beautifly and Medicham were heading right for each other. :/

I can't believe I didn't get to see the end! *sigh* Anyways, May and Drew looked cute standing next to each other watching, and it seemed like May was disappointed when Drew lost, though I know it was probably because she realized how strong Grace was. Also, May's combinations were very beautiful, and Roselia was good too!

My only complaint is that they dove right into the contest at the very beginning, but I guess they have to do that when they only have 30 minutes.

Anyways, it's one of my very favorites. 10/10.

Can someone please tell me exactly what happened and what was said in the last five minutes? XD

I probably won't get to see any of Cheer Pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by charizardtrainer
    Overall, I only give it a 3/10.
    3 out of 10? Jebus, what the hell kind of ratings do you give the johto-ish filler episodes, -3000 out of 10? >_O;

This is an episode that screams out 'high quality'. A decent pokémon battle, well thought out strategy, lots of great animation sequences, tons of character development, emotional scenes and a truckload of breath-taking moments.
    THESE are what make the contest episodes a great addition to the story. And with such an intense battle such as this, there is no denying that. Quality all the way, and I'd go as far as saying this battle alone totally thrashes Ash's first few gym battles in Houen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Bottom line, if you didn't like this episode, I guess you don't like well scripted battles. Also goes to show you that battling in Contests is just as exciting as real battles.
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by sly_74

Can someone please tell me exactly what happened and what was said in the last five minutes? XD

I probably won't get to see any of Cheer Pressure.
    Well, right after the part you stopped at, Medicham and Beautifly both were hurt badly after crashing into each other, May wins, of course.
    May does her victory pose and everybody cheers! *commercials*
    May is outside talking to Grace, and Grace congratulates her on the fantastic battle. Drew comes in, and also congratulates her too, but then he gets cocky and says "If you were against me, you probably wouldn't have won." Max complains, and says he still has his bad attitude, but May says it doesn't really bother her. Ash yells about his next Gym, and May says she can't wait for the next contest!
    xNodame is my Bishoujo! MUKYA! >:3
    xCurrently playing: MinDeaD BlooD (PC), Dairantou Smash Bros. X (Wii), No More Heroes (Wii) [Lots of stuff]
    xCurrently watching: Nothin' [Playing too many games]
    xCurrently listening: Ayako Ono - [TWO OF US]
    <---

[ HAZUKASHII~!]

{----------------------------------------------------------------------------}
    | Anime List | Youtube Account | Website |

Well... I LOVED IT! The battle was very intense all the way. May & Beautifly were just awesome! I was rather surprised May could put up such a great battle because I would've expected that kind of battle from someone experienced. Comes to prove May isn't such a newbie anymore. I'm looking forward to her future contests! Just as interesting as Gym Leader battles; if not more. Beauty, talent, strategy, and power all in one. You go, Beautifly! ^__^
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

slysunshine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zonic the hedgehog
    Well, right after the part you stopped at, Medicham and Beautifly both were hurt badly after crashing into each other, May wins, of course.
    May is outside talking to Grace, and Grace congratulates her on the fantastic battle. Drew comes in, and also congratulates her too, but then he gets cocky and says "If you were against me, you probably wouldn't have won." Max complains, and says he still has his bad attitude, but May says it doesn't really bother her. Ash yells about his next Gym, and May says she can't wait for the next contest!
    Thank you so much. That helps.
    Last edited by sly_74; 6th November 2004 at 5:47 PM.

It was an awesome battle using Ice Punch to rikocha the Solarbeam to hit right back at Roselia. The match between May and Grace was also good as well just Grace laugh annoy me. I was a bit suprise in seeing who's that pokemon when they already got a trainer choice but it been a loooong time since we last saw Paras.

Was it just me, or did Grace yell "Use Hi Jump!" in the beginning? Yeah, they showed Jiglypuff in Cheer Pressure. What's with that? The old WTP animations was horrible, and now we get Trainer's Choice, so why show it? Anyway, VERY good episode, better than Cheer Pressure, at any rate!

9.5/10
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great!
    Was it just me, or did Grace yell "Use Hi Jump!" in the beginning?
    Reasons for that...

1. Almost like a nickname. I'm sure Medicham has used the attack many times before. Saying "Hi Jump" is as equally as good as saying the whole thing, because both Trainer and Pokemon know what to expect.

2. Mouth flap constraints.
    V | Faction

Togemon Guest

This episode was good. I Really liked Grace, and the battles in this episode were better than in others, but some things I didn't like was;
    1. The Ice Punch on the floor thing. I thought it was too cheap.
    2. Drew was in it.

Though I loved seeing Drew get beat, I give it a 7/10, it would have been higher, but Drew brought it down for me.

Great episode! I'll admit that Dustox's rainbow thing was cool, even though it wasn't really Dustox. The battles were great, and the whole thing was terrific, even though I knew that May would win. Gosh, Grace looks like a Wobbufet when she laughs like that! XD
    The Who's That Pokemon was......unexpected. It was so random! Why so early? Why the old style? Why Paras? WHY EVEN PUT IT THERE????

So yeah, I give it an 9/10.

DA SMILIE PICTURE:

---------@ (((((((

This lovely banner was made by Faerie.
    My Devaintart gallery
    Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
    trouble remembering how to fly
    Oh, and I claimed Sora from the Kingdom Hearts games in the bishie thread. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by zonic the hedgehog
    Don't forget the rose. I'd be interested to know the exact dialogue around it in the dub.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

She asked if the rose for Beautifly and his answer was "...Yeah, something like that.." Not sure if that was a part of the original.

And apparently 4Kids didn't wanna translate Psybeam. :\ Stupid considering rainbow and Psybeam have the same amount of syllables and can share the same amount of mouthflaps. Musashi was combining Psybeam with Poison Sting. :\

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Whewww Good Eppy yeah what ETR said was right (I swear I felt like barfing...personal reasons)

This one was a good episode I really liked the battle against Grace using Silver Wind Tackle and String shot and Gust she used them perfectally I loved the tornado and the fight overall.Drew losing was so funny The Ice Punch and the floor and reflecting was good.It was a good episode in all one of my favs so far.
    Thanks to whoever made this. <3

Actually, you didnt prove squat. You see, I find a being, all-powerful, all-knowing, constant, eternal, residing outside of space, time, and logic to be a lot more logical than a big explosion created the universe by accident.
    Logic, eh? Also, note the "residing outside of space, time and logic to be more logical" part.

Something residing out of logic to be more logical... Nice.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast