Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Come What May (327)

If anyone says that Contest battles aren't like real battles, then they don't know what they're talking about.

This was a great ep. I loved all of the attack combos put together!

I also loved it when Medicham used Ice Punch to reflect Solarbeam. Who knew that was a possiblity?

And Beautifly using Silver Wind to stop Meditate? CLEVER!!

I give this ep a 10/10! One of the BEST Contest eps ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by EliteTrainerRaven
    She asked if the rose for Beautifly and his answer was "...Yeah, something like that.." Not sure if that was a part of the original.
    That's pretty close to the original.

And apparently 4Kids didn't wanna translate Psybeam. :\ Stupid considering rainbow and Psybeam have the same amount of syllables and can share the same amount of mouthflaps. Musashi was combining Psybeam with Poison Sting. :\
    She only used Psybeam once in the episode, never combined with anything. The repeated use of "Rainbow" (I assume that's what you're referring to) is an absolutely perfect translation from the original, as Musashino used that exact English word in all her attack orders.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

aura500 Guest

I loved this eposide, this one is definitely one of the best. I liked the part part when meticham was slaming ice punch on the ground to block solarbeam. The battle with may and grace was good too. This episode was alot better than I thought it would be, It gets a 10/10.

Lindsay Guest

Gee Serebii, spoilers much?

Awesome episode! The long wait for May's second contest was well worth it!

This one must have had a pretty good budget because the special effects and coloring from the many attacks were truly a notch above most episodes. The battle directing was also great! None of the 3 battles felt cheap or obvious who would win. Some really great stuff for sure.

Dustox vs Beautifly - A pretty even fight although Dustox had a better start it stayed pretty close. If Dusty had been able to pull off that Psybeam it might have won.

Roselia vs Medicham - Roselia was outclassed through and through which was surprising. I didn't expect Drew to flop so badly especially after beating Ash in battle just the day before so wow...

Beautifly vs Medicham - Ooo the big showdown! So many good parts to choose from! Medicham's Ice Punch temporarily freezing Beautifly, it taking extra damage from missing Hi Jump Kick, and Beautifly's big finale of immobilizing Medicham's arms with Silver Wind so it couldn't Meditate!

Aaaaaand May has won her first ribbon in an episode better then some gym ones! Way to go May! ^_^

5 / 5

Brilliant episode with great battles that I just can't get over praising. Even the Hoenn-haters would be hard pressed to find fights this well directed in their stupid old 1st season lovefest.

At least Pokemon got to beat the living the crap out of each other. Lay down the beating with style. Whatever, I still think contests are a joke at the expense of real Pokemon battling. Though that's just my humble opinion.

Jessie cheats, how...predictable. If she actually but some work into it, she could probably win a contest. Considering you don't have to be a good trainer to win coughmaycough, she win fair and square.

We finally get to see the undesirable effects of Hi Jump Kick when it misses. I'm glad when they actually read the manual.

7/10 if it wasn't a contest episode maybe an 8.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

This episode was filled with nice contest performances.

I liked Medicham's vigorous icepunching of the ground, and then making ice spikes shoot out from it.

I had more to say about this episode, but I had already written it before...I guess I just forgot to submit my reply, so...

I give this episode an 8/10.

Robert Guest

Thumbs up

This episode was quite... remarkable... the battles were awesome and original, there was some drama, and May won! I just didn't like how sickenly obvious it was that Jessie was cheating with that thing on Dustox... Oh well. Still a splendid episode! ^__^

meggirl63 Guest

I was really proud of May winning that Pokemon Contest. Of course, I was really surprised that Drew gave May a rose because of Beautifly's performance. How sweet!

The episode was one of the best battle episodes in quite a while. The effects were beautiful, and the strategies innovative. The various intricacies are what really made the episode though, such as showing the adverse effect of Hi Jump Kick, and how Medicham could use Confusion on itself to dodge attacks and even move so that it could dodge and use Meditate at the same time!

While many have commented on the use of Ice Punch to deflect Solarbeam, what impressed me the most was the way Ice Punch was used against Beautifly. Medicham actually surrounded its fist with icy energy then threw the energy at Beautifly like one would a baseball or something. I really like how many attack in the anime work on various levels, and include physical and projectile forms, and can even be used indirectly (as when Corphish uses a pressure wave from its Crabhammer to blast TR off without throwing energy at them or touching them).

I have to admit the battles were great Especially the ones with Grace. She's the real deal with her connection with Medicham. She could probably clean up in the contest and gym circuits. At last, they forced May to think on her feet and she actually rose to the challenge. I don't loath her so much now, however, she still isn't that good of a character.

The battles were good except we had to listen to the stupid judge who I thought were really out of place commenting on the battle. I was like "cut the chatter and get back to the butt-kicking already, I don't care what you think of it".

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I really liked this episode. It was an awesome battle between May and Grace. I can't belive May won!!

Ash500 Guest

I gotta hand it to this episode that made people who liked Misty forget about her. The battle was so long I couldn't move from the screen. It was good though seeing how May was finally able to work great with beautfly in battle.

I really enjoyed this episode. Grace and Medicham knew what they were doing. It was cool that May won. The battles were awesome. 9/10
    Yeah!

May: "I suppose this rose is for Beautifly, right?"
    Drew: *flicks hair* "Yeah...something like that."

One of the best ContestShippy quotes yet. And I liked when May said to Beautifly:

"I love you. You're just the best."

That scene was so cute.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    I have to admit the battles were great Especially the ones with Grace. She's the real deal with her connection with Medicham. She could probably clean up in the contest and gym circuits. At last, they forced May to think on her feet and she actually rose to the challenge. I don't loath her so much now, however, she still isn't that good of a character.
    *claps* It's nice to know you are open-minded in your views. Who knows, by the end of her tour through Hoenn you may come to more than tolerate May. ^_^

This ep was good May won a contest Beutifly was really cool in this ep but Grace's laugh scares me her mouth its not normal.

Just click it already.

Good ep! but Grace was weird..........her laugh was weird.......
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Tomas Guest

That episode sounds good but I wonder how long It will take to come out here.

Princess May Guest

I just loved this episode it was my favorite so far. Beautifly has been one of my favs from the moment I saw it and I just loved seeing it shine. May was fantastic as well.

Factory Head Noland Guest

This is one of my favourite eps ever! It was all action from the start and I love Pokemon Contests!
    Grace was a tough opponent, she was great against Drew. The Ice Punch and the Solarbeam thing was amazing!!
    Medicham was strong but Beautifly still won in the end!

10/10! May is an excellent character. Her Beautifly was strong when doing Silver Wind in the beginning. It was great that Drew lost to Grace, and Jessie would never win a contest! But I liked the Rainbow Whirlwind.
    I'M DOING IT SO I CAN QUIT YOU EVIL SEREBII!
    BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME!

Waaaaahhhhhhhh! Due to a combination of my own stupidity and the suckiness of my mum's cable box, I missed this episode. And I was really looking forward to it, too! Woe. I don't suppose there's a transcript online anywhere?
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

vulpix Guest

i have to admitt this is a great episode,may wins her first pokemon contest(loved it).

I re-watched this episode earlier today and I still find this a great episode. Unlike most of May's competitions, this one is the one I enjoyed the most...Let's just say the battle between Beautifly and Medicham was one excitement after another.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Geki Guest

This was a great contest, I'm happy May won. Go Beautifly!!!

6/10

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast