Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheer Pressure! (328)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamer Zack
    As always I miss the Trainer Choice maybe Ash's Torkoal will have that voice and Flannery's Torkoal will have something different?
    One sound clip isn't much to go on, but I doubt they'll be too different.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

This episode was pretty good. TR actually had important roles in this one. Pikachu was also feisty in the battle against Seviper. Max continuing to be sneaky. XD!

And Jessie just used "Jessica" as her name in "Come What May." I don't believe the gang STILL feel for it. But I guess if they didn't, it wouldn't be an episode.
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

slysunshine Guest

Oh, ok. Jessica can be expected, but Jamester? XD

Houndoom Master Guest

Yeah, Jamester is weird. Jessie basically stomped his foot when he was about to say "James" and 'ster' was the first thing that popped into his head. Now, back on topic. I liked this episode a lot! TR almost won, and if it weren't for Plusle and Minun, would've. The name actually made sense instead of being some stupid pun that bareley related to the episode. The Trainer's Choice was stupid, because Tailow and Torkoal could both win against Shiftry, and Torkoal would do no better than Tailow. Although the end was overly-moralish for me, I still liked it. I give it 7/10!

Well this episodw was pretty good. I was surprised to see Thatcher again. I guess if I had been paying attention I could'va guessed he'd be in it because of Plusle and Minun, but oh well. Pretty original plot, and this is already the second time they brought back a filler character in another episode. Very good sign. I didn't notice Torkoal's voice, but the Trainer's Choice was still kinda dumb because flying types would also have an advantage over Shiftry. The music was pretty good in this episode, 4Kids seems to be getting better about it. Let's just hope they keep that trend going. I also thought Brock was pretty funny, he seems to be even more humorous than usual lately, although I don't know why. Not much else to say I guess, pretty solid filler ep.
    ~

"Cheer Pressure" was pretty average, nothing too exciting. The best part was seeing Brock battling again with Foretress, he needs to battle more often.

So is Jessie's real name officially Jessica now? They seem to be using it a lot more often.

Overall not much to say on the second episode, a filler that didn't introduce any new pokemon either.

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    I didn't notice Torkoal's voice, but the Trainer's Choice was still kinda dumb because flying types would also have an advantage over Shiftry.
    The TC always asks for the best choice. In this case, Torkoal is a lot more beneficial to use because of its insane power. Taillow could have a decent chance, but in this situation Torkoal is completely prefered. It's the same deal with the TC that happened a while ago, that chose Dewgong.
    V | Faction

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    So is Jessie's real name officially Jessica now? They seem to be using it a lot more often.
    It's probably just her stage name for Contests. I suppose it reflects a more professional state. Another good example would be if someone wanted to be called "William" instead of maybe "Billy".
    V | Faction

Togemon Guest

Was this just in my area, or did they show the "Who's that Pokemon!" again?

I really didn't like this episode too much, I know Ash & Co aren't the smartest, but come on! And I have to agree with what Jessie said, I wanted to smack Ash for that "Friendship" line. I give it a 5/10. And Torkaol's voice sounds like it should be the voice of Yurtle the Turtle from Dr. Suess. I just... don't like it.

Torkoals voice sounds great to me. I agree with V faction.

Then again Ash's may sound different, so you never know...

Torkoal did sound a little different from what I was expecting... but it wasn't too far of, I was expecting it to sound like Shuckle...

but what do you guys think of the actual episode?

well, I found it weird that Helping Hand looks like an electric attack, I thought that's how Plusle and Minun used it, but after seeing Makuhita and Shrumish (can they even able to learn Helping Hand?) using it, now it seems a little weird to me...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteTrainerRaven
    Nobody likes the amount of puns 4Kids keeps dishing out. This title makes sense, but it's a little too corny for my tastes. How I wish that they simply translate episodes like they did back in the first portion of Kanto. :\
    Correct, for example "Showdown in Pewter City" "The Challange of The Samurai" "Water Flowers of Cerulean City", simple but yet effective titles, they're much more striking to the common viewer :P

Hey, Im watching this episode right now!mystic<_< >_>
    FB
    [masque][dyrim][atlas][leilanii][gog][hannah]
    [100][50][63][52][56][26]
    |||||

|||||
    [38][34][16][05][21][30]
    [sigfried][bellatrix][maduin][heimdal][yoatl][adam]

Maybe it has to do with the old episodes being shown this past week...Oh well. Plusle, Minun, and Pikachu were SO CUTE in their scenes together!(Why didn't they show Pichu more often in Johto?!) No attack mixups this time around--Max actually got the info right!(Vileplume and Roselia are the only Pokémon to learn Aromatherapy naturally. The effect of the move was right on as well; as it erased the Paralysis that Pikachu's Thunderbolt caused on Seviper every time!) Makuhita and Shroomish with Helping Hand was a nice twist; as most people probably assumed Plusle and Minun to be using it. I noticed that Jesse's being called Jessica more often now...Makes you think of that moment in 'Pokémon Shipwreck'; doesn't it? Overall; an alright filler, 7/10.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKeckleon
    well, I found it weird that Helping Hand looks like an electric attack, I thought that's how Plusle and Minun used it, but after seeing Makuhita and Shrumish (can they even able to learn Helping Hand?) using it, now it seems a little weird to me...
    They sure can. That was one of the points of this episode, to show that these helpful attacks can be branched to Pokemon other than just the signature learners. Shroomish may seem a little weird with it, but when you look at Breloom it makes sense.
    V | Faction

Quote Originally Posted by EliteTrainerRaven
    Kortoise certainly doesn't have a low, dopey voice. If anything, they should've kept its original voice since we normally hear it just shouting "Ko!"
    I thought it did? Although I haven't actually seen Ash's Torkoal yet, just Flannery's, and that had a somewhat low sounding voice from what I can remember.
    Meh, I wouldn't expect them to keep too many of the japanese voices anyways, considering the likes of Zangoose and Nosepass don't retain theirs~

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Definitely better than "Ko!"
    Meh, well, you can't really compare until you've listened to both. Which is what I plan on doing...just 3 or so weeks until I can do so as all. *folds arms and waits*

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Meh, well, you can't really compare until you've listened to both. Which is what I plan on doing...just 3 or so weeks until I can do so as all. *folds arms and waits*
    True true. I was more or less just taking a shot at the naysayers (or naysayer).
    V | Faction

Togemon Guest

I doubt it happened, so I'm just checkin, did James really say he was a cheerleader in the original?

For those totally unaware, Musashi/Jessie are using stage names to avoid anyone recognizing their real identities.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

I myself found it a bit strange when the so called "Cheering Teacher" said that his cheering would makes it and so that NO ONE loses. I had a feeling something was up.

I can understand the names that Jessie and James picked. They had to come up with something off the top of their heads, and you don't do too well with that sometimes.

We also got to see the Amroatherapy attack. Intresting how it's a pink-like Sleep powder.

This was a decent ep in the end.

7/10! I would take time to watch it again.

Also, I kinda like Torkoal's new voice. It does suit the dub version.

slysunshine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Well, James called her Jessica back in season 1 I think.

And I think Jamester is a cute and funny name. That probably would've been one of my favorite parts. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by pokeplayer984
    We also got to see the Amroatherapy attack. Intresting how it's a pink-like Sleep powder.
    Are you colorblind or something? The Aromatherapy attack was GREEN! G-R-E-E-N!

Nice episode, but did those people really think that cheering could restore a Pokemon's health? Gosh, they're gullable! Torkoal's voice was AWFUL! It sounded like Mr. Crocker from Fairly Odd Parents! 0_o

7/10.

NOW FOR DA SMILIE PICTURE! (gee, I should do these more often!)
    .........................__________
    .........................__________

This lovely banner was made by Faerie.
    My Devaintart gallery
    Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
    trouble remembering how to fly
    Oh, and I claimed Sora from the Kingdom Hearts games in the bishie thread. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Ryu
    Are you colorblind or something? The Aromatherapy attack was GREEN! G-R-E-E-N!
    Really? Hmm... I'm gonna have to watch it again. I sometimes get mixed up with these different powder like attacks.

I'll check back later.

Quote Originally Posted by El Ludicolo
    after seeing "A different Kind of Misty" I can't say Im excited about this episode hearing Plusle and Minuns stupid dub voices. "Purray" "Miymiy"
    Those aren't dub voices, they kept the originals.

All this fuss about Jessie's name is kinda weird to me, because all this time I thought Jessie's real full name was Jessica. I heard that named used by James in "Pokemon Shipwreck", and other times, too. Also, in the beggining of that same episode, when Officer Jenny was on that boat, she was saying a goodbye to, I believe, "Ash, Misty, Brock, Jessica, and James".

The trainers' choice was kinda weird, too. If you were only going by type, you could say Taillow was as good a choice as Torkoal.

That guy that led the cheering squad was funny, especially when he quickly said "aromatherapy", and "helping hand" to keep reviving Seviper. But when he ran away after his scheme was ruined, I didn't expect everyone to let him go without returning the money.

Also liked the return of Thatcher and his Plusle and Minun, although it was rather quick.

By the way, WaterMaster#1, I noticed the "Who's that Pokemon?" thing, too. If they're going to start that up again, they should make them new.

I give this episode an 8/10.

Blame 4Kids for not coming up with a different name for Jessie to use for her competitions. All Musashi had to do was add 'no' at the end of her name. It's somewhat the same in the dub, but they don't remember the things they do more than a few months ago.

El Ludicolo, Plusle and Minun BOTH kept their original voices. o_O

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast