Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheer Pressure! (328)

This was a pretty good episode. I thought they'd've remembered Jessica from the contest. And, besides, don't they recognize Team Rocket's Poke'mon? It would've been one thing if ONE of them had a TR Poke'mon, but both of them?!? OMG..............

Overall rating:
    6.3 out of 10!
    Not one of the better fillers, but still above Johto quality!!
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

A coolio show. Plusle and Minun did a much better job then their last appearance. Yay, we saw Foretress today! Seviper kept making its stupid purr sound again. SNAKES DONT PURR! Since I missed the first half of Come What May, the Jigglypuff WTP was a suprise. I hope KWB doesnt go back to that junk. Torkoals voice in the trainers choice made me sad. I hope it will sound different when we see it again.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

The Grand Finale Arc begins with Chapter 109.

Ash will capture this thing.
    Mark my words

Today's lesson, if it sounds too good to be true, it frickin' is.

James a cheerleader, bad thoughts, dirty thoughts, get out of my head.

I think the who's that Pokemon was a fluke. I can't imagine they did that on purpose.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Robert Guest

Red face

This episode can't hold a candle to "Come What May!" (which was remarkable). There wasn't much in the way of action or humor (except James being a cheerleader XD). Someone with blue hair named Jamester uses a Cacnea and someone with purple hair named Jessica (as in the last episode) uses a Seviper... It's never been more obvious than that as far as TR's disguises go. Also, it seemed very obvious that attacks were coming out of the drums. There wasn't too much wrong with the episode, but nothing really right.

(Note: Torkal's voice sounded good to me)
    Last edited by Robert; 7th November 2004 at 1:55 AM.

flixerblixer Guest

I liked this episode, mainly because of the fact that Max is actually doing something other than examine a battle or contest.

Anyhow, I liked this episode even though there were flaws. The disguises were really stupid and how obvious they were. Oh, and Jessie's hair is red.

Quote Originally Posted by El Ludicolo
    A coolio show. Plusle and Minun did a much better job then their last appearance. Yay, we saw Foretress today! Seviper kept making its stupid purr sound again. SNAKES DONT PURR!
    Oh come on, Seviper's cute "blooping purrs" are one of the best things about it. There aren't many pokemon that have two distinct ways of using their voices, while Seviper does in both the original and the dub.

Oh, and yes real snakes don't purr. But real snakes don't have venonous blades on their tails or can hear airborn sounds either, so Seviper's voice is fine. ^_^

I didn't like this episode. There was really no story line and it was very boring. It reminded me of a Johto Filler. Torkoal's dub voice was very bad too. I really hope Ash's doesn't sound stupid.
    Last edited by Yellow; 9th November 2004 at 2:22 AM.

What really ticks me off about this episode, even though it was good in so many ways (especially James beating Brock!!!), is when I compare the cheering teacher to Anthony from "You Said a Mouthful". After thinking about the episode for the last 24 hours (Chicago runs new episodes on Sundays), I still can't get what on earth the guy was doing that was so wrong. I mean, sure, Seviper kept getting revived more often than it should have (I'm not getting into Cacnea, since she only needed one revive), but don't trainers do something similar with potions? Seviper wasn't even technically knocked out until the very end, when the scheme was uncovered. I just don't get what it was that was so wrong. Sure, Pikachu could have used the boost too, and then it would have been fair, but what's so wrong about getting in some added experience?

Now, when I compare this guy to Anthony, the guy with the "multi-talented" pelliper from last season, I still say Anthony was the bigger jerk and cheater, and should have been the one to pay for his cheating, not this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut
    What really ticks me off about this episode, even though it was good in so many ways (especially James beating Brock!!!), is when I compare the cheering teacher to Anthony from "You Said a Mouthful". After thinking about the episode for the last 24 hours (Chicago runs new episodes on Sundays), I still can't get what on earth the guy was doing that was so wrong. I mean, sure, Seviper kept getting revived more often than it should have (I'm not getting into Cacnea, since she only needed one revive), but don't trainers do something similar with potions? Seviper wasn't even technically knocked out until the very end, when the scheme was uncovered. I just don't get what it was that was so wrong. Sure, Pikachu could have used the boost too, and then it would have been fair, but what's so wrong about getting in some added experience?

Now, when I compare this guy to Anthony, the guy with the "multi-talented" pelliper from last season, I still say Anthony was the bigger jerk and cheater, and should have been the one to pay for his cheating, not this guy.
    What makes you think Cacnea is female? Anyway, it seemed a lot like cheating to me. And people don't use potions in the middle of a battle in the anime. I also think that Anthony was a much better person than this swindler. He didn't run off with other people's money like this guy did, and he actually admitted that what he was doing was wrong. He seemed like a pretty decent guy to me.

I thought this episode was o.k., but I didn't enjoy it as much as other fillers. I liked "Come What May" more than this episode. 7/10
    Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by WaterMaster#1
    Was this just in my area, or did they show the "Who's that Pokemon!" again?
    Yes, i noticed that too!!

As soon as the theme song ended, it went "Whos that Pokemon?" And it showed the silhouette of a Jigglypuff, and the odd thing was...it was the old version of "Who's that Pokemon", like in the first season! It had the red background and everything.

Not only that, but right before the episode started, KidsWB played the Pokerap! But instead of rapping the names of Kanto Pokemon, the names of Hoenn Pokemon were featured! It was the EXACT SAME melody and instruments, just different lyrics!

Isn't that weird? Both of these happenings made me feel very nostalgic. O.o

Why does Japan get all the cool Wifi Pokes???
    it's not fairrrrrrr!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow
    I didn't like this episode. There was really no story line and it was very boring. It reminded me of a Johto Filler. Torkoal's dub voice was very bad too. I really hope Ash's doesn't sound stupid.
    Better get use to that voice I saw the episode clip for Poetry Commotion and Going, Going, Yawn and Torkoal has that same voice.

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut

Of COURSE what Sheridan was doing was wrong. People are expecting to battle just ONE Pokemon, not FIVE. -_- And that's exactly what was going on.
    Last edited by Geodude; 11th November 2004 at 7:25 AM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamer Zack
    Better get use to that voice I saw the episode clip for Poetry Commotion and Going, Going, Yawn and Torkoal has that same voice.
    That doesn't change much, since Ash's Pokemon almost always have different (and better) voices than previously introduced members of their species. Though I for one thought Torkoal's vocie was fairly fitting, I'll have to see how well it is used in turns of differing tones and as a battle cry etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Of COURSE what Sheridan was doing was wrong. People are expecting to battle just ONE Pokemon, not FIVE. -_- And that's exactly what was going on.
    to true... I was thinking about the anatomy of a pokemon battle through out the episode... to have a legal pokemon battle, there needs to be certain number of participants

usually, there needs to be 2 trainers facing each other, though in double battles, there can be up to 4.

the number of pokemon to trainer can vary with what sort of battle your having, but it's usually one pokemon verses one pokemon, though in double battles, it's 2 on 2...

and there needs to be a referee to determine who can no longer battle and declare a winner.

however, outside interferce that gives one side an unfair advantage is against the rules.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Um......Thatcher (or whatever his name was) was adorable. >>

I was very pleased to see another Makuhita.

What Sheridan was doing didn't seem as wrong to me. >> I mean, people use potions and X Attacks on their pokemon in the games, so I don't see what the big deal is. >>

Purrrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_Bugsy
    Um......Thatcher (or whatever his name was) was adorable. >>

I was very pleased to see another Makuhita.

What Sheridan was doing didn't seem as wrong to me. >> I mean, people use potions and X Attacks on their pokemon in the games, so I don't see what the big deal is. >>
    yeah, but he lied to them. he kept it secret so he can get their money and said that cheering can easily help Pokemon without Helping Hand or Aromatherapy

You got to admit, it was underhanded on Sheridians part.

However, neither Helping Hand nor Aeromatherapy heal physical damages to the Pokemon. Seviper would have been fried after at least three bolts even with the cheating. The Pokemon in the drums would have certainly been wore out.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

This episode rocks!!! I especially like the part where Pikachu kept attacking Seviper, and then the Helping Hands and the Aromatherapy...I mean, it was so funny!
    I'M DOING IT SO I CAN QUIT YOU EVIL SEREBII!
    BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME!

I enjoyed Team Rockets antics, shame Max had to bugger it up but Team Rocket never win I guess so *shrugs*. It still was enjoyable despite that, just goes to show how powerful Ash's Pikachu has become over the years.

i loved this ep because pluse and minun ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! minun is one of my favorite pokemon.

Factory Head Noland Guest

I was very VERY annoyed that when Plusle and Minun use Helping Hand on Pikachu the Advanced Adventure tune didn't come on! Even though it did in the Japanese ep!
    It just.....SUX!!

This is one of those episodes that starts out kinda slow, then picks up a little in the end. Sheridan's reaction when Max reveals his scam was priceless. However, aside from that, the episode just felt kind of...meh. I mean, it's pretty much set entirely in one place, nearly the entire episode is spent on the slow execution of Jessie and James' plan, which isn't particularly clever to begin with, and the animation wasn't all that great most of the time. Plus, there were quite a few plot holes - don't you think someone would have noticed the attacks coming from the drums? And I don't know about Ash, but I would have gotten suspicious of trainers named Jamester and Jessica who are respectively armed with a Cacnea and a Seviper. I haven't seen "A Different Kind of Misty", but I hope it was better than this episode - just a lot of mediocrity all around.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

I like this episode. I like episodes where people make second appearances.
    Last edited by xyzman123; 6th May 2005 at 2:58 AM.

Somebody made an avatar of the strange disquise Max wore yet? He looked so cute in it you know. Episode was good, they even kept Plusle and Minun's original voices (pura?! Mimey!).

Geki Guest

Pretty cool filler, I liked seeing that kid from ''A Different Kind of Misty'' again. Plusle and Minun were cool in this episode, they were better portrayed then in Destiny Deoxys.

7/10

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast