Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Winning Assist (329)

I didn't really like this episode. They also got Trainer's Choice wrong by saying that Combusken was the best choice to battle Kirlia. Graveler would of been since Kirlia is weak against psychical attacks. Togetic was even better since he has high special defense. Combusken was part fighting, but they still said it was right. Skitty was cool with Assist, that's the only part I liked.

Indigo Guest

You know, you guys should be happy that they played Combusken's voice for you. That's a lot better than getting the TC wrong. Now we have a vague idea about what it'll sound like in the future when it's appearance comes around!     Spoiler:

Togepi Trainer Guest

I liked it, May was cool....

TC was stupid! My Togetic would beat it!

Also, I KNEW that's what Combuskens voice would be.

*Destroys the 4Kids Building for the bad Trainer's Choice.*

*realizes he forgot to get someone else to do the dub.*

*Uses Celebi to go back in time and correct the Trainer's Choice.* (I wish!) :rollseyes:

Anyways, not a bad ep. I kinda forgot how Assist works. Now I completly remember it.

Team Rocket had an intresting mecha. However, they could've done better.

And for once, Ash wasn't the hero. I'm glad they made May the hero for once. Hope they make Brock the hero at some point. I would love to see that.

Anyways, pretty average filler. 7/10.

See ya.

Other then the TC, this episode was original. May being heroine was cool by itself. Skitty was KAWAII! ^^ It was just so cute! Assist was also a pretty neat move. Numel's voice sounded fitting. Oh, and I loved Max's concern for May! ^__^ So sweet! This was a nice solid episode.
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

Jesus H. Christ on a Cracker...

we all know that 4Kids goofed up this time... THEY'RE ONLY HUMAN AFTER ALL... dispite the fact that they dub and air the cartoon, this does not make them the ulimate experts of pokemon battle stradgies, they do know more about pokemon then companies who deal next to nothing on it, but they're not the ones to look to for real battle stradgies...

that's that Serebii.net is for

as I've already mentioned, my theory is that 4Kids must have thought that Kirla was a grass type... well, if you look at it, it could be easily mistaken for one... So it's just a mistake on 4kids
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Yeah, and I don't get what the big deal is with hearing Combusken's dub voice in the Trainer's Choice. Doesn't anyone remember "Having a Wailord of a Time"? It freaking had Combusken in it. Come on people, it's not that hard to remember is it?
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Yeah, and I don't get what the big deal is with hearing Combusken's dub voice in the Trainer's Choice. Doesn't anyone remember "Having a Wailord of a Time"? It freaking had Combusken in it. Come on people, it's not that hard to remember is it?
    Yeah, I was gonna say that same thing.

Anyway, this episode was o.k. I liked finally getting to see a Numel. And the way steam keeps spouting from their...hole, thingy, is cool.

Assist was interesting to see. I've rarely seen it in my games.

Well...not much else left to say. 7/10.

I really enjoyed this epsiode for three words...May and Skitty. Man that was so great! I love when Skitty used Assist. That is a very cool attack. May and her battling are really starting to improve. I was impressed. The Numel were cute too. ^__^
    goodbye~

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo
    Now we have a vague idea about what it'll sound like in the future when it's appearance comes around!     Spoiler:
    *shudders*     Spoiler:

I despise these spoiler tags. And is it really a spoiler to mention a pokemon thats in the friggin' opening? 0.o;

Indigo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    *slaps self.* That's right. Sorry, it's been quite a few weeks. I have other, more important stuff to remember than the Pokémon episode ten weeks ago. ^^;;

Hope they make Brock the hero at some point. I would love to see that.
    *coughAMudkipMissioncough*

I liked It mainly by just showing a Move in the ep. Also If you have more then 6 pokemon does Assist just pick Moves from the 6 on your team
    I have 3 Swellow's I believe, Swell, Tail and another one forgot that other name lol

Too bad you really can't put a feather in you cap for winning against Team Rocket. Maybe May will face a worthy foe. Then she would get my respect.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKeckleon
    the anime has a strange way of introducing pokemon from a new generation, a few episodes back, they would be like they never existed in the first place, then bam, once the new generation has been introduced it would be like the characters knew about them the whole time. Even though at some points they'd mention that there should only be a certain number of known pokemon in the world... it is a little strange though
    Well, in the first season there were several mentions that there were 150 known Pokemon. However, that was likely because at the time they didn't know the series would go on. Once it became clear there would be more new Pokemon, the series has ever since then been careful to avoid any references to how many specific Pokemon there are, and will usually show any "new" Pokemon as being one that was known to all or some before the series even began.

Indeed    Spoiler:

I think it's a national thing. Kangaroos don't bounce around here in Michigan.

You think James had enough Numel? I'd be a roast duck with all those Numel.

Yay, I actually got a pronunciation right. I that they played off the word numb.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Those Numel looked kind of big if you ask me

I was playing Ruby the day before the episode premiered, and a Skitty I fought used Assist. That may have been the first time I'd ever seen the attack in the game. I guessed the effect right (everyone else already knew this)

7/10, this episode was o.k.
    Yeah!

I finally got to see this episode yesterday, thanks to Friday reruns of weekend episodes. I have to say, I was pretty impressed by the episode. I didn't know how awesome an attack assist really was until I saw this episode (I'll definitely teach it to one of my skitties). It was great to see May escape from Team Rocket on her own too. This was an excellent episode for her.

Anti-Richie Guest

Thumbs down

I really didn't like this episode (only saw it today on Sky One. I'm a Brit )

A very boring filler. It didn't seem important apart from showcasing the Numel, who were quite cool, and Skitty's Assist move. It had a really bad Johto feel to it, but did improve slightly in part 2. Even Team Rocket were below par. There was a golden opportunity for Meowth to have had a fantasy about giving the Numel to "the boss" but all we got that drivel about James having the Numel keep him warm....

I think the only good thing about this episode is that Numel had a good voice and it brings the UK closer to the Mount Chimney episodes.

I'm not usually this harsh, but 4/10.

Those numel were obese! Way too big and dopey, like Snorlax, rather than small and cute, witch you'd expect.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Too much of Skitty I think here, so much so that it's starting to become very annoying. Also May once again was featured more than Ash was, seems like she's beginning take over his lead role nowadays!

Not a bad episode, better than Cheer Pressure mainly becasue Max didn't bugger anything up this time.

Factory Head Noland Guest

Hey Sharpshooter!

I quite liked this episode, Team Rocket actually nearly got away with their plan! (Extremily rare!!) That Furret was fast! I think that Skitty should have been able to get a few more hits in there.
    I think Skitty is grrrrrrrrrreat!

I'm with Anti-Richie, this was reallly Johto. I loved the Numel, but that was abut it. Skitty was cute, and nice to see Furret again, but.....meh. This episode just didn't catch my interest. Would've been better if they'd re-run 'A PokéBlock Party!" or "Watt's with Wattson?" instead of this. The least I can say is that I didn't miss this episode, although I kinda wish I had.

Overall rating:
    4.9 out of 10....
    Pretty bad episode. Small bit above Johto, but anyone who couldn't tell would call it a Johto, and I don't blame them.

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Lust Guest

This is the first Pokémon episode I've seen in about three years. Too bad it was a filler. Anyways, there were some good things and bad things.

- May is a pretty cool character.
    - May's Skitty is also pretty cool.
    - Numel looks pretty cool in this episode.

Dislikes

- Max is really annoying!
    - Team Rocket is as annoying as ever. Especially Wobbuffet.

A decent episode, but not without its flaws. They're not huge, but they still bugged me...

1. The voice acting. I know 4Kids has to wrap their scripts around the lip movements, but you'd think they could do it better. At the end of Act I, Ash's line "Hold on, May, 'cause we're comin' to save you!" just sounded too contrived. Same thing for James and Meowth's simultaneous "That sounds great, can we be in your fantasy too?" And May looking up Skitty's attacks in her PokéDex sounded like Veronica Taylor had a train to catch while she was recording it.

2. Nitpicky, but still - I don't like the writers throwing Hoenn Pokémon into Kanto flashbacks. It's fine when they're contained in their own region, but when you make up some backstory about how James used to keep his bedroom warm with a herd of Numel, it's just odd. Numel aren't found in the Kanto region (of course, you could argue that James' wealthy parents had them imported from Hoenn, but then that takes all the fun out of nitpicking).

Aside from that, though, this episode wasn't half bad. Some good screentime for Skitty, especially when showcasing Assist - I just wish they'd given it more variety, since I'm sure May's Pokémon know attacks other than Ember, Silver Wind, and Gust. The Numel were inexplicably adorable; I'm sure the voice contributed to it. They were played perfectly dopey. And it's good to see May be the hero(ine) every once in a while - it shows character development. In all, a mostly satisfactory episode.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Geki Guest

I didn't like this episode much, it was pretty boring and not worth waking up early for..

3/10

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast