Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fight For The Meteorite (330)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonite
    I liked this episode.It was funny.I also liked it when Meowth said "Do you have any bad guy pride." and Team Rocket said "No,not a thread."I lalso liked Team Magma and Team Aqua.I lik that there real villains.Oh, and is it just me or does Commmander Shelly sound like the new Mai voice?Anyways,I give it a 8/10.
    I noticed that voice thing, too.

Why would they name that guy Tabitha?

I liked this episode quite a bit. It was really interesting.

Team Rocket in the cable car as tour guides was funny. I always like seeing Teams Aqua and Magma and their rivalry. It'll be great when we get to see the team leaders in the dub.

Professor Cozmo, Walrein, Air Cutter, and the meteorite were all cool, too.
    It was also funny at the end of the show to see Teams Aqua and Magma happy that they at least foiled eachothers plan.

Edit: Oops, forgot to rate it... 9/10.
    Last edited by Kamex; 15th November 2004 at 1:35 AM.

Doesn't air here until Tommorrow at 8 but I'll just deal with It, Things could be worse off
    I have 3 Swellow's I believe, Swell, Tail and another one forgot that other name lol

Indigo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    Here's what happened:

In Japan, the field commanders are known as Homura (the Team Magma guy) and Izumi (the Team Aqua girl). They are known by these names in both the video games and the anime.

In the American video games (Ruby/Sapphire), Homura's name was changed to Tabitha, while Izumi's name was changed to Shelly.

In the American anime episode "A Three Team Scheme," Homura was changed to Harland while Izumi was changed to Isabelle.

So, as you see, it's the same sort of thing that happened with Prima/Lorelei in the Orange Islands.

So, in regards to "Fight for the Meteorite," it looks like 4Kids went back and decided to call them by the names they were called in the American video games to keep them consistent. I guess that, when they dubbed "A Three Team Scheme," they didn't know that the two field commanders had been given names in the video games, so they came up with their own. I guess that between then and now, they realized their mistake, so they're trying to make up for it by changing their names back.

Personally, I think it's too little too late, but whatever. What's done is done, and it seems that these will be the names that they'll be known as for the rest of the series.
    Thanks for the clarification, Dogasu.

But I still don't understand why they would name a boy Tabitha when there is no such boy name. Is it a language screw-up? Does anybody know? This is kinda interesting...

Not only that, but I don't even remember anybody in the game named Tabitha. Now, to be honest, I don't remember many of the Team Magma/Aqua members from the game, but I'm pretty sure it would at least sound familiar.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Not only that, but I don't even remember anybody in the game named Tabitha. Now, to be honest, I don't remember many of the Team Magma/Aqua members from the game, but I'm pretty sure it would at least sound familiar.
    I checked a GameFAQs guide to make sure and it's true. See for yourself.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

I guess I stand corrected. Still, I find it odd that they would name a serious Team Magma agent Tabitha of all things. -_-; Anyway, I think 4Kids should have just stuck with the original dub names they gave them. Sure, some people would have been confused that they changed them from the game, but it's not like that hasn't happened before. And besides, changing their names randomly during the show caused more confusion that the initial change ever did.
    ~

Only Ones I know of Are Maxie and Archie lol
    I have 3 Swellow's I believe, Swell, Tail and another one forgot that other name lol

I suppose they could be last names or nicknames... though Tabitha's still an odd name... I suppose that it was a goof-up of the game names... the male Team Magma Admin does look a little female...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo
    But I still don't understand why they would name a boy Tabitha when there is no such boy name. Is it a language screw-up? Does anybody know? This is kinda interesting...
    Well, I'd assume so anyways. I do remember there being a few name screw-ups here and there in the Pokémon Contests, one of which being an (evil, evil) Kirlia that went by the name of 'Shedja' (clearly a nickname for a Shedinja). So I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few more little mess-ups here and there.

Personally, I prefer their dub names anyway. And they do seem to be similar to the originals eg. Izumi ~ Issabelle.

I wholeheartedly agree. The names Harland and Isabel just sound so much more... imposing. Shelly sounds more suited for a young girl as a name when "Isabel" is clearly mature. And we've already gone through the Tabitha Male/Female thing.

A thing I honestly would like to see, but know would never happen, is a re-dubbing of "A Three Team Scheme" to use the now Official commander names.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Hales Guest

So what was the reaction of Prof. Cosmo when he collided into Ash?

Let's hope they get Maxies and Archies names right the first time.

I had a feeling I wouldn't be liking this eppie...I was SO right!>_<; The only highlight for me was Prof. Cosmo. He was pretty cool, unlike the 2 previous science nerds(Seymore, and the guy obsessed with UFOs and aliens). As much as I hate Science; I love anything space-related, so I liked the meteor->meteorite lesson. Other than that, this eppie was pretty boring...Not even the Aqua vs. Magma battles saved this one: 4/10

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    I guess I stand corrected. Still, I find it odd that they would name a serious Team Magma agent Tabitha of all things. -_-;
    Hey, "Maxie" and "Archie" aren't exactly intimidating names either...
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

maybe Tabitha was named that out of cruelty of his dad or mom... much like that song "A boy named Sue" or something... no wonder he joined up with an evil team
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Robert Guest

It was a good episode. There was some action, and the humor was good. Also, it was great to see May and Max holding each other for support. I found it unrealistic that Ash would actually try to climb the rope, but hey, he's him.

I liked this episode, like I do most episode's involving Team Magma and/or Aqua

The two Magma administrators are Tabitha & Courtney. I always thought that they were both girls, because Tabitha didn't look too much like a guy or a girl to me, but was named Tabitha, clearly a female name. They name the male Aqua admin. Matt and the male Magma admin. Tabitha? At leat now I know there's a male Magma Administrator, instead of two females (By the way, I just beat Tabitha a few hours ago in Ruby, now that I know he's a guy, he looks more like one to me)

Sean Schemmel (Goku from DBZ) voiced three people in this episode (Cozmo, and one Team Aqua and Team Magma grunt) Whatever happened with him and FUNimation? He's been doing quite a lot for 4kids (Ryu from Shaman King, Robert from Pokemon [Win, Loss, Drew], and the aforementioned)

8.5/10

At least Teams Aqua and Magma both considered the mission successful in the sense that they both foiled the other's plot
    Yeah!

Quite a good episode. Professor Cozmo was cool, which was unexpected. "Tabitha" looks(and sounds) like a girl in the game, but in the anime he is %100 Male. Weird. I prefer the names "Harland" and "Isabelle", but oh well.

Overall rating:
    9.2 out of 10!!!
    Awesome episode. Hoenn's been doing really good lately!!!!

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

I loved this episode! Great action, great drama, and a Team Rocket-positive episode to boot (they didn't even technically get blasted off, just blasted down). That makes for a winning episode in my book. My favorite part had to be Meowth refusing to eat the sandwiches out of pride, but then Jessie and James take their share anyway. LOL

Unfortunately, due to Chicago's screwed-up Pokemon-on-Sunday schedule, they had the time change too and I didn't get to see "Game Winning Assist". I have no idea when the first show is on yet. Why can't we have Pokemon on Saturday mornings like the rest of the nation?!?!

EDIT: I found out it's now on Sundays at 8:00 AM and 10 AM. Grr, that means now I have to watch my tapes for first shows. I don't get up that early!
    Last edited by wobbanut; 16th November 2004 at 7:35 PM.

Meowth: "What's wrong wit' you guys, don't ya have any bad-guy pride anymore?"
    J&J: "No, not a shred!"
    Meowth: "...Come ta tink of it, I don't either!"

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

This was kinda good. Team Magma and Team Aqua were good as characters.
    I'M DOING IT SO I CAN QUIT YOU EVIL SEREBII!
    BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME!

can't wait to see this ep tommorow! after ages of calling Aidan a walrus on his birthday and ep with WALREIN will make him laugh
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

The battle between Team Aqua and Team Magma could have been better, other than that it's great episode - I wish we could see them more often.

Even though I'm a fan of Team Rocket - I must admit, in comparison to Team Aqua and Magma, they were pretty much useless in this episode.

The only other bad thing was that my tape ran out three minutes from the end *curses".

Alakazam Guest

I must say, this was quite an impressive episode. Although Prof. Cozmo seemed to have an extraordinary long nose o_o. Anyway, good stuff in this episode. Although there is the fact that it was really only Ash and Cozmo on the good side... I'd say this episode deserves 90% out of 100%.

Geki Guest

Great filler episode. I enjoyed ever minute of it. I was wondering though, when Brock asked if Jessie and James had a Cell Phone, was that in the original version, because it seems to american..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast