Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Poetry Commotion! (331)

I just wanted to make a couple of statements. To reply to smilestar, Flannery's grandfather owned a Typhlosion way before he went on his journey. To reply to Commander Blizzard, remember Laramie's Ponyta? She said when you befriend a fire pokemon, like Ponyta(in this case Slugma), it won't burn you.

I like her fire pokemon .
    That torkoal is sow cute .
    There is no way out,
    No hope,
    But Itachi Uchiha is coming,
    He will get you,
    And infect you with his Mangekyo Sharingan.
    Follow him into the place,
    Full of pleasure,
    Escape from the misery,
    And step into another world.

(Don't touch him, cus he is my bishie & Hidan ^^ )

Name: Britt
    Friend Code: 4639 6332 0447
    [CENTER[/CENTER]

I didn't like this too much. Just some filler anticipation for the gym battle :/

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

hm those torkoals are so strange if you ask me, they look like first class smokers to me, anyway it was a decent episode i enjoyed watching this one.

Its a nice episode, Flannery is my fave gymleader...it was good
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

first time i see theres a bathroom in pokemon, so now I assume that they are used

I love Torkoal!

I loved to see Flannery's pokemon. especially Torkoal.

And i loved to see Typhlosion, it was really powerfull...

8/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Rofl, the beginning with Flannery's coat on fire was funny. She really has personality unlike the other sticks for gym leaders we have.

Her team was ok. Torkoal as her strongest mirrors the games. I really like how her grandfather was looking out for her even though he was supposed to have left on a journey. It was sweet.

Good episode was a few funny moments like having Ash and Co. help with the gym field. 8/10

Flannery is the best,this is a good episode.
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers)
    in their teams. If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature!
    99% of people think Staraptor is better than Pidgeot. If you think Pidgeot is better put this in your signature (Started by Bossk)

Good episode I say. Mostly because of Flannery but it's one of those episodes where there is no Gym battle that I actually like (Gardenia's another and Clair). It was kind of funny how she made some of those mistakes.

Edit: Flannery was voiced by the same person who voiced Sabrina? Wow never knew that (Same with Liza/Shauna, note all three of those (Not Sabrina) wears similar clothing)..

The person who said Flannery's hair was like Sideshow bob lol I don't think it looks like him, (Actually I knew a girl once who's hair used to be similar to Flannery years ago, if she had it tied in four different ways it would have looked like it).

Also nice to see Typlosion as well.
    Last edited by Willow's Tara; 4th May 2010 at 5:57 AM.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

I really liked Flannery, her personality was great.

Her grandfather was pretty funny too, and the fact that he had a Typhlosion was cool.

Good episode.

This episode was ok... It was very funny. Flannery definitely had an embarrassing moment when everyone entered the Gym and it was full of holes from the last battle. It was great to see a Typhlosion again. Too bad there's never a Typhlosion for a gym battle... It was great to see a Torkoal for the 1st time, owned by Flannery, very powerful. Buns instead of Lava Cookies? Now that's a very odd translation... Flannery's Grandfather was very funny until he was revealed.

50/100

I loved this episode. It was really really cool to see Typhlosion again. Seeing Torkoal again was really awsome. Flannerys personality is great. Her Grandfather was very funny too and he owned the Typhlosion which makes him even cooler.

A pretty okay introduction episode which was made so due to Team Rocket's supposed rivalry with Flannery's grandfather. Max was pretty annoying in this episode but that's nothing new.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I love the Flannery and her grandfather in disguise. Think deep and you would almost say the former Fire-type Gym Leader took over the small gag of Blaine when he was disguising himself all the time. I actually thought the voice fitted perfectly with the energetic and clumsy Gym Leader and they did a nice job of both introducing her, and her Pokémon.

This was a funny episode IMO. I liked how Flannery was on fire when Ash & friends met her, didn't have her battlefield cleaned up, and didn't know where the badges were kept. She seemed so clueless and you could tell that she really did only just become the Gym Leader. Her grandfather was interesting too, loved how he came back to the Gym in disguise. Also, I loved Team Rocket's reaction to seeing him spying on what was going on at the Gym and their faces when he took off his disguise.

I love this episode! I think Flannery is really cute, it's nice how she's clumsy and even needs Ash's help to fix things up. I think the clumsiness is cute, it gives her a cute flaw. And seeing Flannery's grandfather was interesting too, I loved the disguises. But speaking about disguises, it's really strange how characters in Pokemon rarely recognize someone in a disguise, despite it being pretty obvious... But I do have to admit that Flannery's grandpa's disguises aren't as obvious as the ones Team Rocket has, for example. 8/10.

Default "Poetry Commotion!"

I loved seeing my favorite Hoenn Gym Leader Flannery in this episode, she is really cute, sweet and Hot too! Not to mention, her hairstyle is cool.
    I liked how she was on Fire when Ash and the others met her, LOL it's funny when Brock's Mudkip extinguished her.

Seeing her grandfather Mr. Moore in disguise reminded me of Blaine, who also likes to disguise himself most of the time. It makes me wonder if he had met Blaine before?

The battle between Jessie/James and Moore/Flannery was awesome, it was awesome when Flannery's Slugma evolved into Magcargo during the battle. I liked how both Typhloson and Magcargo put up a good fight against Team Rocket and won! As usual, Pikachu sent Team Rocket flying with a Thunderbolt.

I liked Ash and Flannery's interactions at the end, both of them were really fired up for their upcoming Gym battle.

Overall, it was a nice introduction episode of Flannery and her Pokémon. The only thing I didn't like about this episode was the Background music, 4kids shouldn't have replaced the nice Japanese music with their stock music.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I really enjoyed the personality that Flannery had. It's a nice change of pace from the more serious personalities most gym leaders seem to have. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be her personality in the actual games, because I've never got that far before.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

I was glad that we got to see more of how a Gym is run even if Flannery's ditziness got tiring after a while. Also, part of me was simply happy to finally see a bathroom in the anime when Flannery's grandfather went there to find the Heat Badges. Flannery's Slugma evolving was a surprise and I was glad that Ash finally got his hot sand treatment.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345