Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Poetry Commotion! (331)

I don't remember what the battle girl sounds like, but I guess whoever the voice actor is also did Lisa from the Charicific Valley (if I remember her voice correctly). It also vaguely reminds me of Lara Laramie's voice from "The Flame Pokémon-Athon".
    ~

Her voice is too overused, it's lousy. Flannery now sounds like 7 other main girls in the anime, terrible.

*sigh* 'Fraid Imma gonna have'ta side with Cyber on this. The Lisa Ortiz voice is used WAAAY too much. Pretty much every stylish teenage Female has her voice. The big trouble I find is that Lisa does little to distinguish that same high and scratchy vocal when it matters. It's the same deal with The Ritchie Voice.

Now of course, the voice is very suitable character-wise, there's no doubting that. But it has saturated the series to the point that it's disappointing to hear it once again, no matter how well done the acting may be. Hearing it gives you the same annoyed feeling you experience every time Ash and Co. are dense enough to fall for one of Team Rocket's cheezy disguises.

I still have yet to hear it personally, so there may still be some hope that the voice is pulled off in a slightly different way.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

If you wanna know the truth, I really can't see any similarities between Flannery's voice and other girl's voices.

Quote Originally Posted by darkgamerGS
    If you wanna know the truth, I really can't see any similarities between Flannery's voice and other girl's voices.
    After your little frenzy up there, I can see why.
    V | Faction

Really, I don't. I couldn't think of anyone, and still can't think of anyone that sounds like Flannery.

I'm tired of hearing her voice we need something Winona will probaly have that voice as well. I got the chance to hear 1 of Slugma's voice it sounds like it's just sticking out it's tongue and Magcargo has that SlowPoke voice and Torkoal has the same voice from TC on Cheer Pressure.

Let's not even get started on Slugma's voice. It sounds different in every episode it appears in. =P
    ~

Sounds cool... But I can't find the preview on the official site... I need help. Anyone?

anyways, this episode is definitely gonna rock (I'm not obsessed with Flannery /\ _ /\). Well, just hopefull, The Slugmas and the Magcargos won't bother me again and I bet I'll just love Flannery's character. She seems like the rocking teenage gym leader Pokemon has never had! Can't wait!!! /\ _ /\

Lindsay Guest

zzzzz dub error already. Lava Cookies /=/ Buns/whatever.

Damn the dubbers calling Lava Cookies buns! Other than that, um... well... *Too intimidated to say anything*

Team Rocket must be using a new fuel. The smoke cloud was green when they got blasted to the Stratosphere.

I see that they kept Typholsion's Japanese voice.

Yup, they certainly screwed up on the Lava Cookies. Hot Crossed Buns, really.

That flash back of Flannery had some pretty dumb trainers. Who would bring Grass Pokemon to a Fire gym?

Anyway, an enjoyable episode complete with a boat load of Fire Pokemon.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Lindsay Guest

Hmmm yeah I usually don't like "setup" episodes for gym battles not after the 5 episode fiasco of Claire and the 8th Johto badge. So I went into this one not thinking highly of it from the start. And I can say that I'm thoroughly disappointed. A letdown with low expectations is a big letdown. -.-

Firstly after like a 4 or 5 episode break the stupid Team Idiot daydream sequence returned. And second most of the episode was just Max making mean comments and everyone cleaning a dang battlefield!

The little subplot with Flannery's gramps wasn't all that hot either especially since uh, he didn't actually go anywhere. At least we got to see cute Wingull again. Plus animated Typhlosion is a nice bonus.

But overall it's an episode I wouldn't care to see again.

1 / 5

Blah.....

-Yes, the Cookies got mixed up. That however I don't entirely blame them for. You can only get cookies from atop Mt. Chimney, and we never see May purchase them (from the last episode). So we have conveniently appearing snacks.

-Okay, I have to admit, Flannery's voice wasn't too bad. There was a small bit of difference. Like Max from "Maxxed Out!" though, it started to drift into the regular ol' voice about half way into the Episode.

-Apparently we've got Shawn back, doing the voice of the Grandfather.

-*Claps* Very nice intrpretations of the names. Meg, Mag, and "Old Man" More.

-Good to hear some relating back to past Gyms.

-When Meowth was trying to move Torkoal, it looked a little... umm... Well, it looked like a violation of Torkoal's privacy, if you know what I mean...

-Flannery and More vs. Team Rocket fight = Hilariously amazing. It was fast paced, well played, correct terms (Ember!), and funny to boot.

-I don't know why, but hot springs really piss me off in the show. They've come across them so many times... It's kind of hard to get excited about a whole town based around them. The Sand Baths we interesting at least.
    V | Faction

The best part was Typholsion beating TR to a smoke pulp. At last, not some stupid weakling Pokemon some how destroying Team Rocket with a singal hit but a Typhlosion in an actual battle.

Lindsay Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    The best part was Typholsion beating TR to a smoke pulp. At last, not some stupid weakling Pokemon some how destroying Team Rocket with a singal hit but a Typhlosion in an actual battle.
    But doesn't that mean Typhlosion kind of sucked to not be able to destroy them in one hit? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay
    But doesn't that mean Typhlosion kind of sucked to not be able to destroy them in one hit? lol
    No it just meant the writers wanted to write an actual battle sequence that was convincing. Maybe they found themselves with enough time to make it.

Where to start? Well, the first thing I noticed after watching for a whole five seconds was that they had already changed the music. They really mangled it pretty badly in this one too, at one point I noticed they began to play different music over the music that was already playng.-_- Unfortunately it's not the least bit surprising, but it's still very dissappointing. Flannery's voice was good, it may be overused, but I actually thought it fit her well. Slugma's voice was different yet again, I'm starting to wonder if it's like a running joke with 4Kids. Very funny. =P Speaking of the pokémon's voices, I thought I was going insane when they showed the flashback of Flannery's grangfather battling and his Typhlosion said "Baku Baku!" clear as a bell. That was really surprising and it leads me to believe that the people over at 4Kids have finally lost their minds. They replace pokémon's voices that have the same name, yet they let Typhlosion run around saying "Baku!"? O_o That's not a bad thing really, I like Bakufuun's voice, it was just very unexpected. Anyway, there was one thing that bothered me, Brock said he was the son of a Gym leader. His father was a do-nothing bum who failed at pokémon training and lived in a hole selling rocks... not exactly what I'd call Gym leader material. -_-; Anyway, I thought Flannery's grandfather was really amusing, especially when he asked to use the bathroom so he could show Flannery where the badges were.

Flannery: Hey, I thought you needed to use the bathroom?
    Grandfather: Oh... I just realized that.. there must be one in my hotel room! Bye bye!

Anyway, this was a good episode overall, I just wish 4Kids would finally see the light and stop ruining the music.
    Last edited by Heracross; 21st November 2004 at 7:20 PM.
    ~

Maybe the second episode will be... nah. Ash wins, so this one is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Anyway, there was one thing that bothered me, Brock said he was the son of a Gym leader. His father was a do-nothing bum who failed at pokémon training and lived in a hole selling rocks... not exactly what I'd call Gym leader material. -_-;
    Flint took over after Brock left (if we're ignoring the whole Jiroo thing for now). So in technical terms, he IS a Gym Leader, just... not very good, dependable, etc. etc.
    V | Faction

in the screen where flannery was talking about her grandpa leaving i heard him say he was going to go to jhoto and something that sounded like orre.
    I'm also Twillightwolf from Nsider. P.m. me for FC's when d/p come out in english

you know, I think he did say that. Flannery's Grandpa is funny. XD But still, this episode was so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    That flash back of Flannery had some pretty dumb trainers. Who would bring Grass Pokemon to a Fire gym?
    Funny you should say that since Ash uses Treecko for his Gym battle.
    Last edited by Heracross; 20th November 2004 at 6:07 PM.
    ~

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, Heracross. XD That was weird.

If it weren't for Flannery's god awful voice, this episode would have been more watchable.

4kids ruined a perfectly good character with their horrible reuse of VA.

Go 4kids, give Winona Roxanne's voice, just as Jasmine and Clair had.

Characters who have Flannery's voice:

Liza from the Charicific Valley
    Shauna the battle girl
    Oakley from Movie 5
    Marina from "Bye Bye Psyduck"
    The Ninja girl with the Hitmontop from "Two hits and a Miss"

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few too.

If it didn't sound EXACTLY the same for different characters maybe it'd be a bit different, but 4kids doesn't seem to care.
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 20th November 2004 at 3:53 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast