Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Poetry Commotion! (331)

I thought this epsiode was great!! Flannery is so cool! ^___^ Old Man Moore was funny. Brock went crazy over her and guess who pulled him by the ear...? Max! That part was so super funny. I was laughing my head off. And also there was a little Japanese culture in there(Sand baths). I read about them in a magazine. So that was great they stick the culture in there. I think when Team Rocket battled Old Man Moore was funny. Seviper and Cacena got burned. So did Meowth. Showing Typhlosion was a treat too. Wow they show a Pokemon from Johto! Old Man Moore probably got it when he traveled to Johto to write more poems. ^__^ Anyway this was a good epsiode. It got me ready for the next one...oh yeah!

Flannery voice was great...it suits her.
    goodbye~

Quote Originally Posted by Space Skitty
    This episode seemed short to me. Maybe because I was tired... I know Flannery's voice was highly familar, but it suited her. I liked Flannery's first appearence; not many Gym Leaders are introduced on fire! XD! I thought it was a nice episode. Meg & Mag are cute names! ^_^
    I just saw this now and had to reply.

Not many Gym Leaders are that hot though either, it makes sense for one whos temperature would surely be very high for the heat radiating from her, to be on fire.

I watched the Raikou Crystal special a long time ago, and when I first saw that flashback of Flannery's grandfather, I was pleasantly surprised to see that they kept in Typhlosion's Japanese voice, the voice I was accustomed to for all these years ^_^. BTW, someone earlier said Typhlosion's original name is "Bakuran" or something, but allow me to correct that person and say it's "Bakufuun".

Hey, I don't know if I was hearing correctly, but when May and Max were retrieving Torkoal, did May address her brother as "May"? I'm pretty sure I heard a long 'a' sound there as opposed to the short 'a' in Max. Perhaps I did just mishear, because out of all these posts, someone would've brought up such an error by now.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

No, I think she said Max. I watched the episodes again yesterda night and didn't hear that mistake. I wonder what people that hate Flannery's voice would say if they heard Her Japanese voice? I have a voice sample of it somewhere. Well, it's not mine, I just asked permission to put it in the first post at my Asuna/Flannery Fan Club at PC. Oh well.

Lutochris Guest

Christ what's with the Lisa Ortiz hate-fest? Yeah she's been used before but who hasn't at this point? They've got a limited number of actors to work with and at least one new character virtually every episode, with close to 400 episodes. I LOVE Lisa's voice, even if it's overused, I could just listen to it all day! I think she's one of 4Kids' best VAs (which is saying something considering 4Kids also has Rachael Lillis, Megan Hollingshead, and Veronica Taylor), and I think the problem isn't with HER range ability, it's that 4Kids always assigns her the same type of nice-happy-cute-energetic girl characters.

Oh yeah, also how come no one's mentioned yet that Flannery stole her hairdo from Side-Show Bob? She must be a Simpsons fan.
    Last edited by Lutochris; 21st November 2004 at 4:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    BTW, someone earlier said Typhlosion's original name is "Bakuran" or something, but allow me to correct that person and say it's "Bakufuun".
    Yeah, that was me.^_^; I guess I thought it was spelled that way because it sounded like that's what they were calling it in the Raikou Special. Now that I look more closely at the subtitles and pay a bit more attention to what they were saying I can see that it was Bakufuun.
    Last edited by Heracross; 21st November 2004 at 6:33 PM.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Lutochris
    Oh yeah, also how come no one's mentioned yet that Flannery stole her hairdo from Side-Show Bob? She must be a Simpsons fan.
    Do you know why no one mentioned it? Cause Flannery's hair looks more like the lava that comes out of a volcano when it erupts. Fire Gym Leader... lava is real hot... get it?

Lutochris Guest

Hmmm, nope it's Side Show Bob. Obvious rip-off (j/k).

Neat little side point here...in the original, Flannery's grandfather's name was simply Mura. When they dubbed it, they changed it so the name people called him was his LAST name (Mr. Moore/Old Man Moore)...I'm assuming because it sounds more respectful or whatever to call an elderly man by his last name, at least in our culture...anyway, if Moore is his last name, it could be Flannery's as well, at least in the dub. Flannery Moore...not bad.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    ...anyway, if Moore is his last name, it could be Flannery's as well, at least in the dub. Flannery Moore...not bad.
    Of course, if Flannery's grandfather is her mother's father, then that theory doesn't work.

Regardless, what IS it with the dub and giving everyone last names, anyway?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

I have no idea. But it adds to the realism and lets us learn a little more about people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Neat little side point here...in the original, Flannery's grandfather's name was simply Mura. When they dubbed it, they changed it so the name people called him was his LAST name (Mr. Moore/Old Man Moore)...I'm assuming because it sounds more respectful or whatever to call an elderly man by his last name, at least in our culture...anyway, if Moore is his last name, it could be Flannery's as well, at least in the dub. Flannery Moore...not bad.
    Hey, did you steal that from my Asuna/Flannery Fan Club?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    Of course, if Flannery's grandfather is her mother's father, then that theory doesn't work.

You mean except Main Characters, right?

Ash and Gary are it. Other than that, none of them have one.

Yeah, but he's called Mr. Moore, so he has a last name, we just don't know his first name, but in the Japanese version, his name is Mura.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu

1. Exactly. I never said it was a certainty.

2. So, um, like 2 families (Ash's and Flannery's) is considered "everyone"?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

ronster486 Guest

I personally dislike episodes with Gym Leaders with no Ash vs Gym leader battles but it was a ok episode. 4.3/10. The episode following it is alot better.

Factory Head Noland Guest

This episode was just on Sky Mix and I really enjoyed it! I think Team Rocket were funny in this episode and when Meowth tried to pick up Flannery's Torkoal by itself, lol.

Rating: 8/10 Very good!

I quite liked Flannery, she's more bubbly than the other gym leaders we've encountered so far in Hoenn.

I liked the idea with grandfather sneaking up on her, wasn't expecting that, thought it would be routine like the other gym fights. It's nicely poised for the actual battle now, can't wait!

Talking flannery!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Venusaur
    This episode was o.k. The voice for Flannery is overused, but fits her.
    The voice for her grandfather was used three times in the last episode (Sean Schemmel) and is now used again.
    It was nice to see Typhlosion. The only other time it was seen was in the Rustboro Pokemon School, where it got limited coverage

7.5/10
    Flannery's voice was cool and it was the same voice as cassidy's(it listened closely you would know) and i never saw typhlosion before and it kept its japenes voice.

I just recently saw the Japanese version of this episode, so I can't vouch for any of the dub complaints. But I will say that the Japanese version of this episode had some VERY good animation, especially during Asuna's introduction. From the point where Asuna runs back and forth with her robe on fire to the point where Masato drags Takeshi away by the ear was a period of lavish direction. I notice these sorts of things - not only am I an animation geek, but there's not much else to do when you can't understand a word of Japanese (although the voice acting was great in this one, especially Hayashibara Megumi's performance as Musashi when she's relaxing in the hot spring).

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

vulpix Guest

this episode is soo good i could just watch it over and over and never get bored.

I thought it was cute at the beginning when Team Rocket is in the hot springs and when Jessie says "Last one in the scented baths is a rotten Exeggcute!", James and Meowth submerge themselves under water and mumble "Oooh...Scented baths..." That was so funny!

DeviantART Studio Jupiter (TBA)

Shiny May Guest

It was a nice introduction of Flannery and good to see a starter gymleader. You don't see that very often. Typhlosion looks cool and overall I have to say it was a good episode.

Geki Guest

I liked this episode, Flannery and her Grandfather were awesome characters. I liked when her Grandpa used Typhlosion on Team Rocket.

8/10

The funniest parts of this episode had to be James criticizing the grandfather for spying with binoculars, and Team Rocket's reactions when they found out he was spying on his own family. ROFLOL It was definitely interesting to see a rookie gym leader who's just learning everything that goes with being one. At least that was a bit different. I liked how the grandfather kept popping in secretly trying to help her too.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Unhappy

Flannery is a cute , cool , HOT , sweat , beatyfull , lovely , pokemon Trainer .
    I love hear .
    I never saw that episode on television .
    Is this episode cool ???
    What does she in that episode ???
    A Battle ???
    I want to now it .
    Where can you download that episode ???
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast