Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Going, Going, Yawn! (332)

Default Going, Going, Yawn! (332)

Going, Going, Yawn!

It's time for Ash's Gym Battle against Flannery. It will be a 3 VS 3 battle and flannery intends to use Slugma, Magcargo and Torkoal. Will Ash manage to beat them in this blazing hot battle?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Another Flannery episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Insert eternal EEing here* They are gonna ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only bad thing about thsi episode is that Ash beats Flannery and Team Rocket interfering, but who cares? Flannery's in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Dies*

Factory Head Noland Guest

I saw the japanese ep of this and I love this ep!!!!!!!! It's the best Hoenn Gym Battle so far!

You've seen this one!? When and where!?

It was totally AGES ago, It was the Japanese version.

But it's not going to be that long until the English version is coming!!

I saw it too, and it was very good. The battle was truly awesome, I can't wait to see it full screen on TV. As I've said before, 4Kids will have no doubt have ruined the music, but with such a solid episode as this one, it should still be quite good.
    Last edited by Heracross; 1st November 2004 at 10:34 PM.
    ~

I know, I love the Advance Advanture tune in the background you know when Corphish uses Crabhammer against Torkoal and it spins around (lol) I watch some episodes just to listen to that background tune.
    Also I love the tune when Treecko uses Bullet Seed against Slugma when Slugma has just body slammed it.
    Background music is awesome!!

I wonder if they'll edit some stuff, like Flannery's entrance seem not so embarassing? Um, what's the English name of this episode if you know? If you don't, when will it be confirmed? Could you PM me when you find out? Please? *This is me being desperate, I hate manners!*
    Last edited by darkgamerGS; 24th October 2004 at 9:00 AM.

The dubbed title are as far as "Cheer Pressure" so yeh I will PM you the title when it comes out.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thnx, P8!

If they plan to continue the 2 ep per week, that means we'd see this ep...in 4 weeks...YEA...i just want to see this EP...it's goin to be way to intresting...
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

It should air on November 13th, and the suspense is murder!

This is totally one of the best Gym Battles ever but I don't understand why Ash used Treecko in it when he had Taillow, Treecko didn't beat any of Flannery's Pokemon but Taillow probably could have. Treecko got burnt aswell so it was totally useless in this battle.

Shows what Ash can do against Fire Gym Leaders using a Treecko.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonisgr8
    This is totally one of the best Gym Battles ever but I don't understand why Ash used Treecko in it when he had Taillow, Treecko didn't beat any of Flannery's Pokemon but Taillow probably could have. Treecko got burnt aswell so it was totally useless in this battle.
    From what I understand, Treeko was at the time the fastest Pokemon he had besides Pikachu. I think his reasoning was that Treeko would be able to dodge any and all attacks from the fire snails. What he didn't count on were Slugma's repertoire of defensive and debilitating moves, and the fact that Treeko didn't have enough physical strength to make up for it. Once Treeko's leg got burned it couldn't dodge as well.

Pokemonisgir12, you need to stop quadrouple posting. Anyway, I can't wait to see this episode because Flannery is hot, and I want to see Torkoal's dub voice. I tink it will be a great gym battle like the one with Brawly.

LuauGirl15 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Trainer
    Pokemonisgir12, you need to stop quadrouple posting.
    Uh, she hasn't quadruple posted.

I'm looking forward to this match. Just one question:

how come in the past, when pokemon fall asleep, they are unable to battle (like when Ash battled Richie), but in this match, when Corphish falls asleep, he's still aloud to battle?

Ash vs Richie is just one example. It just means that the writing has improved over time. Don't forget, in the Silver Conference, Ash's Snorlax was asleep when he sent it out, and it stayed in battle.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Uh... shouldn't the title of this thread be changed to the dub version by now?

Anyways, I have yet to see this episode. This is the only Hoenn gym match I haven't seen among the seven.

Oh noes! Bad TC! I foresee much complaining!
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Since the Episode guide doesn't list these, here's the Trainer's Choice

Trainer's Choice:

Which is the best to battle against Forretress? Swellow, Minun, or Seviper?

Kid's WB Answer:     Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Also, Torkoal's voice is fine for never hearing the original version.

The animation with the Ursaring is great!

This was a good episode overall. It introduced new attacks and actually explained how attacks worked. Though I didn't like KWB's mis-translating Treecko getting burned.
    The music for this episode was meh. Never seeing the dub, I can only guess it was better.
    Last edited by Porygandrew; 20th November 2004 at 4:31 PM.

Well I think this episode was really good. Although Flannery lost, it was still good. The Ursaring in the hot spring with Team Rocket was weird since there arent Ursaring in Hoenn. I liked seeing Overheat, Iron Defense, and Sludge Bomb in the Anime. The Trainers Choice was weird since Seviper isnt good against Foretress. Swellow would have had the Advantage since Its flying type and Bug is weak against Flying.

Quote Originally Posted by GardevoirMaster
    Bug is weak against Flying.
    That is true, except for forretress's steel type negates almost every physical attack except for Fighting and ground. Steel is also immune to poison which makes it extremely weird that seviper was chosen.

EDIT
    On second thought, maybe KWB isn't going off of types, but by attacks? Perhaps out of all of those three choices, seviper knows the best attacks for defeating Forretress? If so, that means that KWB is doing their homework 0.0!

Quote Originally Posted by Porygandrew
    Though I didn't like KWB's mis-translating Treecko getting burned.
    Yeah, they never specifically say it was burned. But who knows, it could be another case of them translating the dialogue right but instead the actual Japanese episode doesn't mention it, like Shedinja and Wonder Guard. That's a stretch though.

The music for this episode was meh. Never seeing the dub, I can only guess it was better.
    Really? The music I heard sounded like it could belong in the original episode, during the middle of the battle at least.
    V | Faction

Quote Originally Posted by Porygandrew
    On second thought, maybe KWB isn't going off of types, but by attacks? Perhaps out of all of those three choices, seviper knows the best attacks for defeating Forretress? If so, that means that KWB is doing their homework 0.0!
    Methinks it's more of a case of them using episode fights to dictate the TC's. In one episode, Seviper actually damages Forretress with Poison Tail, so they could be basing it off of that. It's still silly though.
    V | Faction

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast