Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Going, Going, Yawn! (332)

O_O; Did Flannery call Slugma Mag at one point!? Maybe I heard Her wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Yeah, they never specifically say it was burned. ..... but instead the actual Japanese episode doesn't mention it
    Okay, so it's implied then. fair enough.
    Really? The music I heard sounded like it could belong in the original episode, during the middle of the battle at least.
    Like I said, I haven't seen the original version, so I can't really give too much of an opinion on the music. There wasn't really a chance to use the 'opening'-bgm or whatever it was called, right? Or I just missed that part >.<

Quote Originally Posted by darkgamerGS
    O_O; Did Flannery call Slugma Mag at one point!? Maybe I heard Her wrong.
    Eh, at first I thought they were named the same thing when she called out slugma. 'Mag' and 'Meg' are so close together that they sound extremely similar
    Last edited by Porygandrew; 20th November 2004 at 3:45 PM.

Well, a lot of the battle music was the same, but most wasn't. Particularly the part when Ash has to send Corphish out while it's alseep. The music playing in the original is much more suspenseful , remember the stuff they first used in "The Ancient Puzzle of Pokémopolis"? In the dub the background music just keeps on going. Blech. At least the music wasn't as mangled as the last episode.

EDIT: If by the opening bgm you mean the new version of the one they always used for recaps of the previous episode, then yes, they did use it. They also used it during the battle with Team Rocket in the last episode. It's a shame they haven't used it in the dub yet, they did a good job redoing it.
    Last edited by Heracross; 20th November 2004 at 3:54 PM.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Porygandrew
    There wasn't really a chance to use the 'opening'-bgm or whatever it was called, right? Or I just missed that part >.<
    I'm not really sure myself. I'll leave all that music stuff to Heracross.

One thing that irked me...

Ash: So, a Macargo, huh?

...makes it sound like he had no clue Flannery would choose Mag, even though he witnessed its evolution just last episode!
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

L100Meganium Guest

I'm confused, the names sound the same for Flannery's Slugma and Magcargo. @_@

And the TC thing was wrong....Seviper wouldn't be able to attack with poison moves on a part-Steel type. =/

But the Gym battle was awesome! I liked Overheat, that was really neat. =D

Lindsay Guest

Oooh another gym battle that didn't disappoint to much. Flannery may be a newbie but she didn't do too bad. Dumb strategy on her part though to start with Magcargo instead of Slugma.

Poor Treecko got totally owned and rightfully so. Is Ash ever going to use Taillow in a gym battle again? *grumble* Pikachu was buuuurned as well though it did okay in knocking out Slugma.

Cool how accurately Reflect and Overheat were represented. And Corphish should finally get some props! Weakling? Ha!

But still it somehow felt lacking in the end. Not the best gym battle ever. Probably woulda been better if Ash faced Moore instead.

3 / 5

Team Idiot in a hotspring.....why?

Robert Guest

Thumbs up

This was one of the better Gym Battles, a million times better than the last one. >.< Why the heck Ash picked Treeko over Tailow is something I'll never figure out, but the rest of the battle was good. Seeing Team Rocket getting blasted out of the Hot Spring was great. A good episode overall.

Quote Originally Posted by L100Meganium
    I'm confused, the names sound the same for Flannery's Slugma and Magcargo. @_@
    That's because they're named Mag and Meg. See how close the two are?
    V | Faction

Lindsay Guest

Eh so anyone care to explain the Flannery obsession to me? Roxanne and to a lesser extent Brawly were a hell of alot better then her. Not to mention Roxanne was 10x hotter. ~_^

I gotta admit, Ash's strategy was good, but why he chose Treecko just cause of its speed we'll never find out. Were the TR scenes really necessary?

Bad_Blaziken Guest

I saw that episode today. I liked it, but I didn't like how Ash used Pikachu and Pikachu lost.... I mean Ash has had pikachu for so long don't you think pikachu would be almost unstoppable by now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay
    Eh so anyone care to explain the Flannery obsession to me? Roxanne and to a lesser extent Brawly were a hell of alot better then her. Not to mention Roxanne was 10x hotter. ~_^
    *Shrugs* Don't know. Maybe it's the outfit. Maybe it's *cough* other features. What's intriguing to me though is that you're a Female and you find Roxanna hot. Nice.
    V | Faction

Togepi Trainer Guest

PEOPLE, Seviper, it can learn Flamethrower, and fire > steel AND bug, so meh!

I liked this episode, 8/10

I think the battle was awesome and everything, but was Ash a little TOO pushy? I mean, he sounded pretty mean when he returned Corphish then later (when it's his last Pokemon) he calls it "buddy?" Seemed to me like he was sorta using Corphish... :/ And I think he also acted too harsh when he started stomping his feet & saying he wouldn't quit. But, that's just me. Overall the battle was great and strategy (my favorite part of a battle) was also interesting. Ash & Flannery both had some pretty good strategies. And Corphish rocked! ^_^
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst
    PEOPLE, Seviper, it can learn Flamethrower, and fire > steel AND bug, so meh!
    Ah, but 4Kids doesn't seem to take into account anything BUT what's been seen in the anime so far. And I haven't seen Seviper use Flamethrower in the anime. But that's beside the point - the trainer's choices are bad, and need a LOT more thought put into them. Or better yet, just scrap them and use a regular eyecatch.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Lindsay Guest

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    *Shrugs* Don't know. Maybe it's the outfit. Maybe it's *cough* other features. What's intriguing to me though is that you're a Female and you find Roxanna hot. Nice.
    The outfit and character design is ugly. She would fit in better with that Yaoi-gi-oh show. Her hairstyle is atrocious....and wether its 4Kids doing or not, her rack changed size in almost every scene. Bleh.

Togepi Trainer Guest

Can't you accept that 4kids may have done something right? Instead of whining, just think that maybe they DID do research, as this TC was harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Skitty
    I mean, he sounded pretty mean when he returned Corphish then later (when it's his last Pokemon) he calls it "buddy?" Seemed to me like he was sorta using Corphish... :/ And I think he also acted too harsh when he started stomping his feet & saying he wouldn't quit.
    Well, I don't think he was trying to be mean as much as he was just frustrated. I know I get frustrated when my pokémon are put to sleep. And don't forget how fired up (pun intended ) Ash can get over gym battles and such, he was just really getting into the battle and he doesn't like giving up without a fight.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst
    Can't you accept that 4kids may have done something right? Instead of whining, just think that maybe they DID do research, as this TC was harder.
    I doubt they did research into it at all. I'm willing to bet they just went and assumed that poison attacks would effect Foretress because its a bug type, and didn't think the added steel type would make much difference. Although, that would bring up the question of why the hell Swellow was there. But I'll stick by my opinion of how they're working with these things.

Considering the amount of shows they are dubbing all at once, in such short amounts of time, which includes translation, editing, music changes and casting the voices to fit lip flaps, I doubt they'd have enough time to look over all the attacks pokémon learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Linsay
    The outfit and character design is ugly. She would fit in better with that Yaoi-gi-oh show. Her hairstyle is atrocious....and wether its 4Kids doing or not, her rack changed size in almost every scene. Bleh.
    I don't think she's a badly designed myself...well, apart from the fact that she is twig-thin at certain points.
    This episode was done by the best team of animators, so its surprising that they had some...*ahem*...inconsistancies concerning size ^^;

...y'know, I wish these episodes would air in the UK sooner, that way I could actually take part in these discussions properly ~.~ Another 4 weeks to go until this episode airs...

Time for another Gym Battle...Not as excellent as the last Fire Gym Battle(Charizard vs. Magmar), but good nonetheless. I should've known Mag and Meg's nicknames would be kept as is.(I overslept and missed the first eppie) They acknowleged the facts that Overheat gets weaker the more it's used, and that Reflect stays around for 5 turns(I almost forgot about that!^_^; ). And the Trainers Choice almost got me: I chose Swellow; since it's fast and Flying attacks do neutral damage to Forretress. When they said it was Seviper; I was all WTF because Poison does zip to Steel Types! Then I remembered later that Seviper can learn Flamethrower by TM(which can pretty much KO Forretress on the spot)...Pretty smart by 4Kids! I give it 8/10.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Yeah, they did something right for once. I was thinking Plusle or Swellow. *Is still intimidated*

Indigo Guest

This match was pretty damn good.

Pros:

-Ashy boy gettin' all fired up...very cute. I don't find any problem with it. In fact, it kind of balances out the old, arrogant Ash with the new, mature Ash. So everybody's happy! ^^
    -Flannery is pretty cool. She's a good battler and knows when something works.
    -You have to give Corphish some credit, guys. He held up pretty damn long, and he really pulled through.
    -The animation was phenomenal in this ep. One part that was especially good was Pikachu breaking the Reflect attack.
    -Pika lost! THANK YOU!

Cons(Here comes my rant...):

-I wish Flannery knew what she was doing some more. It kind of seemed like a fluke.

-Okay, here's the rant, people. I shall start it with two words, and end with the same two. Here we go.

FAVORITISM SUCKS. You say that you don't know why Ash chose Treecko over Taillow. I'll tell you why. Favoritism. You don't know why Ash compliments one Pokémon and then is frustrated when another one loses? Favoritism. Why would Ash be angry with Corphish to wake up at first, and then use "buddy"? Favoritism! There were blatant acts of it all around this episode! Ash says it's all up to Pikachu when he still has two other Pokémon. Disabled, but he has them. He acts as if he uses Corphish, and is only happy with it when it wins, and he says that Treecko and him have teamwork on their side. SO DOES TAILLOW AND HIM! Or do they? We'll never know, because Ash can't seem to get over this new "I'll use this one because I've used it more so I KNOW it's stronger!" phase. FAVORITISM SUCKS.

*end o' rant.*

It was good, i never thought i'd be this good, untill we watch it...as this was excellent...
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Togemon Guest

Well, I slept in and missed the first episode, darn it...
    Well, Flanery's voice was ok, a little annoying and over used, could have been better. But one other thing that annoyed me was Macargo using Double Team, isn't that like a speed attack, and it's a slug o_O Weird to me...
    I liked the battle, yay for Corphish shining through, but IMO Ash should have used poor under used Taillow instead of Treecko, I mean it seems Ash forgot he has a Taillow...

Well, this was a good battle. I was amazed at how Ash got past Iron Defense. He knew that by spinning Torkoal around, he would make it too dizzy to defend itself. I always expect Ash to pull off some sort of brilliant strategy when he's in a tight spot.

Such a great battle. I really liked this ep, dispite it's bad title.

Oh, and I think I know why 4Kids chose Seviper. Look at Seviper's movepool. It can learn Flamethrower. I suspect that being the reason why they chose Seviper.

Anyways, gets 9/10.

See ya.

- Mew!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast