Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Goin' For A Spinda! (333)

The anime really made me like Spinda, it's cute! The heart broken Spinda gag was funny, especially with Brock XD
    8/10 I really liked this filler!

This episode may be a mandatory filler, but it did had some hilarious things in it. The whole thing with Brock and the Spinda and also seeing Team Rocket disguising as Teddiursa, only to be blasted away by the angry Ursaring was very humorous to watch.

I've never been a Spinda fan, and this episode felt like a lame filler to me. However, I did like Brock's role in this episode, he should've caught Spinda. And Brock getting flirty wasn't bad. And Teeter Dance always got a laugh of me in the games (while it also annoys me), and in the anime, the same applied. 6/10.

Default "Goin' For A Spinda!"

This episode starts with Ash deciding to head towards Petalburg City for his next Gym battle. On their way, the Ash and the others runs into a Spinda with a heart-shaped mark on it's head. The Spinda gets scared after seeing the group and runs off. Later they meets a pretty girl named Claire and his butler Royce. Claire tells the group that she's looking for her lucky Spinda which was given to her by a close friend for safekeeping. Brock gets attracted to Claire and quickly grabs her hands, promising to do anything to find the missing Spinda. Then the whole "searching for a Spinda" plot begins.

Overall, I thought this was an OK episode. The COTD girl Claire was very pretty, no wonder why Brock fell in love with her. Too bad Claire was already engaged the Spinda's owner Kain. Because of that, Brock got his heart broken Again!

Team Rocket were really annoying in this episode, this time they tried to steal the Spinda. the Spinda-mecha was one of their most lame mechas in my opinion. Oh well, at least Brock got to blast Team Rocket off in this episode.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 8th December 2013 at 4:53 PM.

Usually I'm not one to say this, but Even I think Brock should have caught that one Spinda with the broken heart mark on it. It suits him perfectly!

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

Formerly Painkiller2001

I thought it was cute how May and Max were excited to return to Petalburg City now that Ash had four badges. Those Spinda were so ditzy and silly and I cackled when Brock found one that had a broken heart spot on its fur. I also hollered when Team Rocket disguised a wild Teddiursa as a Spinda and then got attacked by the momma Ursaring.

It would've been hilarious if Brock had caught that Spinda.
    my firered team

my soulsilver team

my alphasapphire team

Sinnoh Team coming soon

The spinda with the broken heart clinging to Brock was hilarious.Meowth dressed as spinda was really funny as well.

I liked how Ash made plans to visit Petalburg's gym again now that he had four badges, and the Spindas were funny. I kind of wanted Brock to catch one mostly cuz his team was so simple at this point in AG. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    I kind of wanted Brock to catch one mostly cuz his team was so simple at this point in AG. ^^;
    Lol, but Spinda wouldn't have brought anything positive to his team. At best its dizziness would be a gag.

Spinda are cute like real pandas, so I was glad to see them here and the best part was seeing the Spinda with the broken heart symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    Lol, but Spinda wouldn't have brought anything positive to his team. At best its dizziness would be a gag.
    Well the writing staff could've gone with that direction I guess, but mainly I thought that Brock's team could've used some quirkiness which I think Spinda might've provided.

This was a pretty decent episode, although a filler. They spent the whole episode looking for Spinda and yet all it's doing is just going to the top of the mountain. One thing I liked was Spinda though, it showed that it can be a pretty cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    They spent the whole episode looking for Spinda and yet all it's doing is just going to the top of the mountain.
    Well the Spinda was trying to help the Cotd Claire get that special flower from the flower garden, which was only found at the mountain's summit. I know that that plot device wasn't very good, but it's to be expected from a filler episode. ^^;

This was a cool episode, it was nice to see Brock actually open his eyes! I liked seeing the Spinda. I would have liked it if Cain had showed some of his Pokemon that he had got from being a Pokemon Adventurer but I get that the episode was centring of Spinda.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234