Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goin' For A Spinda! (333)

It's a pretty decent episode, although quite the filler. They spent the whole episode looking for Spinda... and yet all it's doing is just going to the top of the mountain... Can I say, no brainer? Especially for Claire!

One thing I liked was Spinda though, it showed that it can be a pretty darn cute Pokemon. The one with the broken heart, I personally thought Brock should of caught it. He was already attached to it, no?

Team Rocket was really funny. I loved the Motto. It's so well done!

As usual, there's another couple that is way too young to be getting married. (Kane and Claire).

Episode Rating: 7/10
    Cloning is a glitch in the game. Abusing a glitch is cheating. Therefore, if you clone. You cheat.
    The cloning glitch may or may not screw up your Emerald game, but I hope it'll screw up your Diamond/Pearl game if and when you trade it over.

IF YOU CHEAT, YOU'RE A PATHETIC LOSER!

My favorite part of the ep was when Spinda used Teeter Dance on Team Rocket and they got confused and started imitating the dance. XD

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

The mech TR used, they claimed it was ten times the size of normal Spinda but I think it had to be way bigger than that. It was still follow the tradition of utter absurdity with all the other Mechs used by Team Rocket. I mean come on, even with a giant robot they can't win, pathetic.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Indigo Guest

The rebellion against me begins...

Quote Originally Posted by VFaction
    Okay, that's it. PLEASE do some research. Clare was her name in the frickin' original version.
    You act as if I've made one thousand mistakes. I only made one. So all I have to do is change the name: "THINK OF MORE NAMES, WRITERS!" There. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    The episode was far from the greatest but it was hardly as bad as you make it out to be. It was an amusing episode, which is all it was designed to be so that's okay by me. Not every episode can incldue a life-changing event, and what would you expect from a Spinda episode except wacky hilarity?
    I wasn't expecting anything of the sort, I just didn't like the episode. It was pure Johto filler. Why does everyone have a problem with that?

And there are dozens of people with the exact same first AND last names in most large individual cities, let alone states and countries. It's hardly a crime that a few Pokemon characters have the same name as another character introduced earlier.
    I'm aware of that, but when one of them is the name of a Gym Leader, I just think that the writers should use other names, because this one was pretty noticeable.

Not a romance fan I take it, though that makes you seem a bit biased considering very little fo the episode was at all mushy. It wasn't even until the end that the romantic plot was revealed.
    Actually, I don't mind romance. It was just the clichéd lines like, "Oh Claire, you're the only one for me," that just broke it for me.

To me they seemed a bit fun and original (for them at least) actually, what with the way they got effected by the Spinda attacks, Jessie's obsession with acting etc.

TR: "We're blasting off in shame!"
    I disagree. We've seen all this before. You may not think so, but I do. It's not a crime.

I think they must have thought Seedot was Grass/Dark like its evolutions. If it was then Surskit could be the right choice, since Bug would do 4x damage, rather than Ice doing 2x damage. Although the only Bug type move Surskit could get is Hidden Power Bug...
    Anything could get Hidden Power Bug. They screwed it up, and it ticks me off that they did.

1. Some clever dialogue (Butler: "He is a strange little man").
    Okay, one instance. But that really doesn't do it for me.

2. Newly showcased attacks (Teeter Dance and Dizzy Punch had never been seen in the anime before).
    I believe Dizzy Punch was shown in "The Kangaskhan Kid"...

3. Brock actually using his Pokemon, and actually using Forretress for something worthwhile.
    True, but Lotad and Mudkip were made out as weak as well, and that still doesn't do it.

4. Some good discussion foreshadowing the fifth gym battle and a few other episodes, a good recap for all those involved, especially those with short memories.
    They do that sometimes, but it doesn't really affect the overall outcome of the episode.

I'm entitled to my opinion. There isn't anything you can really say is wrong, because it's totally opinionated. Why is it that every time I hate an episode, people hate me for hating it?

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo
    You act as if I've made one thousand mistakes. I only made one. So all I have to do is change the name: "THINK OF MORE NAMES, WRITERS!" There. Done.
    It was your lambaste of 4Kids that ticked me off. The company gets harped on enough for stuff that IS there fault. So yes, that's all you'd have change in your statement, or simply drop the last part entirely.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Why is it that every time I hate an episode, people hate me for hating it?
    I know how you feel. Some people picked me apart when I didn't like "What You Seed is What You Get" and "What's Up With Wattson". I swear, it's like if you don't like an episode you're treated like dirt.

Back on topic. I seem to remember Jessie doing the same scheme as in this episode. I can't remember when but it seems familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Surskit doesn't know any bug attacks. Besides, Seedot is not a Dark type. Pokemon Fan, why do you justify their being stupid with them being stupid?
    As I recall I specifically said that they may have THOUGHT Seedot was a Grass/Dark type as both of its evolutions are. And I also stated Surskit can't learn any Bug attacks, EXCEPT Hidden Power Bug.

I will certainly agree it was most likely a stupid mistake, but most (or at least some) of the TC are quite deep, and so I try to give them the benefit of the doubt.

It was still follow the tradition of utter absurdity with all the other Mechs used by Team Rocket. I mean come on, even with a giant robot they can't win, pathetic.
    How absurd is it for a robot to explode when you throw a super powered Bug/Steel type at it and have it use Explosion? It's not as though they are fighting normal creatures. Only a few mechas we've seen (usually not ones owned by the TR trio) are capable of standing up to strong Pokemon. Really, what does the size matter? As we've seen most of TR's mechas are as basically hollow inside and TR try to cut corners wherever they can to keep the price down.

I believe Dizzy Punch was shown in "The Kangaskhan Kid"...
    I've heard others say this but if it was used it certainly wasn't named in the episode. The only fighting the Kangaskan did in that episode was a bunch of fancy tail swipes and bashes.

I'm entitled to my opinion. There isn't anything you can really say is wrong, because it's totally opinionated. Why is it that every time I hate an episode, people hate me for hating it?
    I believe you've misunderstood. My post was not intended to be hateful, I was merely pointing out how some of your logic didn't make sense to me, and hoped you would respond clarifying your views. Just as you are entitled to your opinion, so am I entitled to giving my opinion on your opinion, and you are entitled to give your opinion on my opinion of your opinion *gets dizzy and falls over*

Anyway, I simply like to respond to opinions that don't make sense to me or that I disagree with. I don't call people names, bash them or simply say they are wrong but try my best to explain why their statement doesn't seem to make sense to me. I certainly don't hate you for hating an episode. It is only a animated fantasy tale after all. ^_^

Indigo Guest

I believe you've misunderstood. My post was not intended to be hateful, I was merely pointing out how some of your logic didn't make sense to me, and hoped you would respond clarifying your views. Just as you are entitled to your opinion, so am I entitled to giving my opinion on your opinion, and you are entitled to give your opinion on my opinion of your opinion *gets dizzy and falls over*

Anyway, I simply like to respond to opinions that don't make sense to me or that I disagree with. I don't call people names, bash them or simply say they are wrong but try my best to explain why their statement doesn't seem to make sense to me. I certainly don't hate you for hating an episode. It is only a animated fantasy tale after all. ^_^
    Yeah, you're right. It was petty of me to say that anyway. Sorry Pokemon Fan. I would've done the same thing you did, had my post not made sense to me, but it had to have made sense because I have to make sense to myself, because if I don't, my whole being won't make sense. Does that make sense? *gets dizzy and falls over too.* XP

As I recall I specifically said that they may have THOUGHT Seedot was a Grass/Dark type as both of its evolutions are. And I also stated Surskit can't learn any Bug attacks, EXCEPT Hidden Power Bug.
    The fact is that it isn't. They should know the types and type mixes of every Pokemon especially if they are going to do something like trainer's choice.
    AS for HP Buug, if you add that to the equation Wooper could be the best Pokemon.
    I will certainly agree it was most likely a stupid mistake, but most (or at least some) of the TC are quite deep, and so I try to give them the benefit of the doubt.
    Deep, these aren't deep. They give us no movesets, or anything except their type which goes without saying. They've just gotten it wrong. Except it.

However, I will agree that Forretress was a Pokemon version of an anti-tank shell.

This episode was nice, it, um...had a lot of Spinda.

That scene with Team Rocket and Teddiursa was funny. Once again, a short tempered Ursaring quickly arrived and wasted no time in attacking.

That broken heart Spinda that took a liking to Brock could have went along with him, although I knew it wouldn't.

Yeah, that's all. This was an overall tame episode. 7/10.
    Last edited by Kamex; 30th November 2004 at 2:18 AM.

Geeearrrrgh, I felt like I was watching a season three episode while this was on (pre-Wobbuffet, the Johto Journies season pretty much stunk). It was very boring and very slow moving. On the positive, Team Rocket was very hilarious during this episode. I wish Brock would have caught the broken-heart spinda, though, it really seemed to like him. That was so cute how it kept popping up on him.

3/10 for me, which I believe is my lowest for any Hoenn episode so far.

I agree it would have been nice if he had caught the broken heart Spinda, but somehow I don't think Brock would like having a Pokemon that constantly reminded him of what an utter failure he is in love.

Now i thought this episode was FUNNY! Any episode that a angry Urasaring will make me laugh! I also liked this episode because it had a ton of spinda and spinda is one of my favorite pokemon in the hoen region. Although I thought teeter dance would have had spinda moving around in circles instead they did soemthing differnt which I forgot.

Anyways this was a great episode so I will give it a 8/10 mostly for the part with urasaring and just having spinda in it.
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/5399191.jpg[/IMG]
    Anime Bish: Kagura from Gintama/Anime song: Alones from Bleach
    Many thanks to Kimmi the Awesome™ for the awesome banner.
    PM me if you wanna play me in Jump Ultimate Stars or Vs. me in PBR. ^-~

Indigo Guest

I agree it would have been nice if he had caught the broken heart Spinda, but somehow I don't think Brock would like having a Pokemon that constantly reminded him of what an utter failure he is in love.
    True, but it was hilarious, and the writers will do anything to get better ratings. Hilarity=viewers=money=good. the perfect equation.

too true... this episode was very Jothoish... which is a real shame... considering Spinda's a great pokemon D:

and the broken heart one should have been caught by Brock... oh well D:
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

I was wondering, do you think it ever occured to Brock that Forrestess using Explosion of the mech could've hurt the Spinda inside? Maybe the but more armor in the Pokemon holding compartment after the Numel episode. They did all make it out without a scratch. Too bad for Team Rocket they couldn't say the same.

Tips for Team Rocket: Stop saying that moronic motto and buy better Mechs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    I was wondering, do you think it ever occured to Brock that Forrestess using Explosion of the mech could've hurt the Spinda inside? Maybe the but more armor in the Pokemon holding compartment after the Numel episode. They did all make it out without a scratch. Too bad for Team Rocket they couldn't say the same.
    I think he threw it at the Spinda mech's head (though I may be wrong), not the body where the Spinda were kept.

Lindsay Guest

Thank goodness for friday repeats! But sadly this episode wasn't to great. It's filler with a Brock focus - the worst combination I can think of.

Spinda looked much cuter in the game then they did here which sucks cause there were tons of 'em to be seen here. Claire looked pretty hm....okay. It's good random filler characters are looking alot like the in-game trainer types.

The plot of the episode took advantage of Spinda's unique feature of their spots all being different but the whole chasing a POKéMON around for an entire episodes been overdone at this point.

And it sure didn't help that Team Idiot wasted mega time by appearing and getting blasted off like 5 times. Why couldn't they have just stayed away after the first? Their last appearance though is what truly made this filler. Yet another giant robot outta nowhere. SIGH!

A good point was Brock and the broken hearted Spinda. I understood the symbolism it meant the first time. But then they re-did the gag another two or three times. C'mon we're not stupid. Brock did have one good moment at least. Asking Forretress to use Explosion. That's a pretty harsh move so it was real nice of him to ask for it to be used.

2 / 5

Dizzyness provided most of the fun on this episode...... @_@ But otherwise it was blah.

Two funny things I didn't pick up the first time through.

One of the Spinda has a butt print on its forehead. I'm serious, one of first ones we see. Two spots come together and look like a butt print.

Brock: At least we have each other.
    Brokenheart Spinda: Spinda

Talking this ep is cool!!!!!!!!

i liked this ep and it was so funny when brock kept picking up the broken heart spinda!!!!!!!! and they show a tediursa. tediursa is so cute and they disgused him as a spinda!!!!

DIZZY PUNCH!!! LOL WHAT A DUMB NAME!!!

I wish Brock caught that broken heart Spinda... and why doesn't Caine have a character profile on the main site?
    Triplets with Prof.Cinders and treynor33!
    Buddies with ~Bayleef~

Click the mini-banner to visit my favourite forum!
    The Kyak Islands (Pokémon RP Forums)

I AM LOVING MANYULA!

El Georgio Guest

I saw this fifteen minutes ago on Sky One Mix and the thing where there is a REALLY close closeup of Brocks 'eyes' was freaky. -o-

Talking spinda!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokémon Master Josh
    DIZZY PUNCH!!! LOL WHAT A DUMB NAME!!!

I wish Brock caught that broken heart Spinda... and why doesn't Caine have a character profile on the main site?
    Good point, maybe he never caught it? and he was just it's friend (or check for his japenese name)

Factory Head Noland Guest

I saw this episode this morning and it was better than I thought it would be. It was so funny when Brock kept picking up the broken hearted Spinda, lol.
    After this episode I actually like Spinda!
    It was great to see Forretress, Lotad and Mudkip again! We haven't seen all 3 of them together in a LONG time!

Shiny May Guest

I've just seen the jap version of this one and I like the Torchic that were spinning around Team ROcket's head but overall I can't say I was deeply intrigued by the episode. It was nice but in the end I wasn't really interested in watching it anymore. But the animations and all was good.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast