Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: All Torkoal, No Play! (334)

Hybrid View

Default All Torkoal, No Play! (334)

All Torkoal, No Play!

On their travels, Ash & Co. see a Wild Torkoal being attacked by many Steel type Pokémon. Worried for it, they go to assist. However the steel Pokémon wont let them through so Ash decides to teach the Torkoal how to defend itself. Will he succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Factory Head Noland Guest

This episode is so cool! I was so shocked when I found out that Ash has caught a Torkoal!
    I didn't like the part when the Magneton attacked May and Torchic though!!

Well, Torkoal being caught was a good think...but it would have been better for a Numel...ah who cares...

well, if they air 2 ep per weeks then we'll see this in 5 weeks..YEA...such good news...i hope this does happen...
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Factory Head Noland Guest

When the title was first shown on the website I always thought that the gang were going to meet up with Flannery again and I thought that the Torkoal on the preview picture was Flannery's so I was totally shocked when I saw that Ash had caught a Torkoal. I love Ash's Torkoal, it cried when it's happy!

I don't think that they will air new 2 eps a week for very long because they will be racing ahead.

I Love Torkoal as i have one on Ruby! I thought Ash would get Numel too!

I'm sick and tired of people saying Torkoal is underused. Right now, they are around water, yes Torkoal loves to swim but it still isnt good for her.

Torkoal always acts like a whimp because of the abuse the steel pokemon gave her.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Crystal Latios Guest

Awwww..... this Torkoal is sweet ^_^ I luv her *she hugs Torkoal baby*
    Also, she wanted fight with Stellix. How brave.
    What song did they use? "Let`s Go"! or something like that
    Ending was sweet^^

I still think, Torkoal is a girl. She is so sensitive^^

Quote Originally Posted by Flannery
    Awwww..... this Torkoal is sweet ^_^ I luv her *she hugs Torkoal baby*
    Its a female Torkoal then? Well...I'm certainly surprised to say the least 0.o;

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Its a female Torkoal then? Well...I'm certainly surprised to say the least 0.o;
    No, it's just that people love to assign inane genders to the gang's Pokiemon for whatever reason. Torkoal's really emotional, but whether that signifies it is a Female has yet to be seen.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    No, it's just that people love to assign inane genders to the gang's Pokiemon for whatever reason. Torkoal's really emotional, but whether that signifies it is a Female has yet to be seen.
    Blah, trust me, I'm very familliar with debates and arguments based on the gender of insert pokémon here.
    Although, I'm just wondering if its voice is what makes its gender a little more obvious, as they usually do it that way in the japanese version. I haven't heard Ash's one, so I'm not all too sure, but if anyone has, do tell if it sounds feminine or not. *is rather curious*

I was really glad because Ash had finally caught his fifth pokemon.
    And torkoal was a good choice.

Espeon And Umbreon Guest

The episode was quite good. I watched it at my grandparent's house while I was on vacation. It was freezing down there though. Episode is very good and I loved the scene when Turkoal blew the smoke from its nose!

I can't wait until Ash captures his fourth pokemon!! Torkoal is cool and powerful, and I really want to here the dun title to this episode.

Well, this one is intresting...

i totally like Torokoal now...but i hope Ash's Torkoal gots a betta voice as it wouldn't sound good for it when it cry's and it has Flannary's Torkoal's Voice...which would TOTALLY SUCK
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

I just hope that Steelix has the same voice that it did in Nerves of Steelix.

SeraphimWarrior13 Guest

Did anyone else notice that when Torkoal used Overheat on Steelix and he began to fell it sounded like he was saying "My Eye!"?

Well, I liked the Episode except after all the attacks Ash made on the Magnemite they kept coming back. I liked the battle between Torkoal and Steelix but it used a Green colored Attack, I'm still confused about what it is.

Pokemon Pearl Friend Code: 5069 0146 7587
    Name: Ryan
    Have/Wants: Click

Quote Originally Posted by GardevoirMaster
    Well, I liked the Episode except after all the attacks Ash made on the Magnemite they kept coming back. I liked the battle between Torkoal and Steelix but it used a Green colored Attack, I'm still confused about what it is.
    It was Dragonbreath. I'm surprised the episode didn't touch on that.
    V | Faction

Quote Originally Posted by GardevoirMaster
    Maybe sandstorm in a beam thing? I dunno, when he was doing his sandstorm "shield" it looket somewhat alike to the beam. It was a pretty good episode overall.
    [IMG]http://i4.*******.com/286sld1.png[/IMG]
    ...has only a shiny Unown V and is only currently searching for a shiny Girafaraig! Revenge!

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

This episode was teh pwns. 10/9.4 I like the detail put into everything there. Steelix's body turning to kick up the sand, the grand enterance with Dragonbreath, and the actual character(!) of Steelix. Just... wow.

Give Torkoal a break, guys. She had likely gone her whole life being constantly abused by big powerful Pokémon she was powerless against. It's really kind of asinine to expect it to be all happy-go-lucky and independant.

It was Dragonbreath. I'm surprised the episode didn't touch on that.
    Bam! Me 1, dub errors 0!

God. No. 4Kids really gave Torkoal the royal shaft in the voice department. Now we have to listen to that every single time Ash uses it in the dozens of episodes to come. Someone once said Torkoal's dub voice sounded like Barney the dinosaur and I would say that's not a bad comparison. Why they couldn't just keep the original voice is beyond me, most of the time all is says is 'ko' anyway. Then they let Typhlosion run around yelling "Baku!". I guess I shouldn't be surprised though, nothing 4Kids does makes sense anymore.
    ...You're kidding, right? it sounds perfect! Maybe it's an acquired taste. *shrug* Has alot more personality than some of the voices.

The number is probably at a dozen knowing how little we've seen of Torkoal.
    Oh god no. Am I doomed to never see Torkoal again?! T_T

But did anyone else catch the Magnemite/Magneton mistake? It goes from two Magnemites to three to two, and one Magneton to two Magnetons.
    I'm sure there are more than 3 of each in the whole canyon.
    My name is Sibyl.

Well, my darn sister was hogging the TV, so I only saw from when Magneton arrives, looking KOed, to Steelix, to the end. But, from what I saw, it looked cool. Torkoal was a good addition to the team, and I like the sound it makes when smoke comes out of its nose. Steelix's voice was.......meh. I didn't like it too much, but Steelix itself was cool. I liked Torkoal's Overheat, too. IMO, I think Steelix was using.................Zap Cannon? Oh, I don't know, I'm just making a guess!!

Overall rating:
    8.5 out of 10!!
    About Hoenn-filler standard from what I saw, but maybe the earlier part of the episode was better. BTW, what was the TC?

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Talking

Very nice episode. Mostly battle centered which is always a good thing. And of course seeing Steelix being a badass again, also always a good thing.

Definitely a great episode, nice to see Ash battling behind Torkoal when he didn't even capture it yet. Also nice to see May help out with Torchic.

Sheesh. And people say Brock doesn't do anything? Brock is clearly the guide for the group, explaining to them about the Steel Valley, telling May that fire pokes are good against Steel, explaining how Torkoal wanted to restore his pride against Steelix, explaining to Ash not to use Overheat to early, etc. Brock was much needed in this episode.

Also the scene where May fell off the cliff and Ash went down to save her was good, except if I were writing the scene I would have had Magneton shock the two of them a lot more while they were hanging on.

And the animation during the last battle with Torkoal Vs. Steelix was very well done. Also great continuity with wanted to go challenge Wattson again.

The continuity in Advance is what sets it apart from Johto and even Kanto, we're getting much more character development for the humans and their pokemon in this series than any other season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    The continuity in Advance is what sets it apart from Johto and even Kanto, we're getting much more character development for the humans and their pokemon in this series than any other season.
    "We meet again Commander Harland! Wait.. or is it Tabitha?"
    "Yes, yet again Isabelle! I-I mean Shelly! Yes, Commander Shelly!"

Ha, okay. That isn't exactly the show's fault. And hey, remember we had a little continuity back in Johto with Morty. In fact, it was much like the trek back to Mauville right now. Of course, that's all there was in Johto...
    V | Faction

I thought this was good episode. I feel so sorry for Torkoal... All those Pokemon ganging up on it wasn't fair. The battle between Steelix & Torkoal was exciting. Funny how Ash had refered to Torkoal as "my Torkoal." Almost as if he knew the future... But I think he meant in a friendly way. Speaking of which, Ash was very kind towards Torkoal. He helped protect it then he helped it beat Steelix. Overall, a nice episode! ^_^
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

Default All Torkoal, No Play!

Geez, I didn't like how all those Steel-type were trying to hurt Torkoal just because it's a Fire-type and not a Steel-type. Seriously, All those Steel-type Pokemon ganging up on Torkoal was unfair.

The battle between Torkoal and Steelix didn't make much sense. How in the world Steelix was able to withstand those storng fire attacks from Torkoal? Oh well, at least Ash caught managed to catch that Torkoal.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 13th December 2013 at 11:27 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast