Thread: Horrorable move sets for rental pkmn...

Default Horrorable move sets for rental pkmn...

countless times do i see realy missmatched move sets... like the one i saw a few mins ago, a victrybell with acid ,attract ,sweet sent and........sward dance !!!!

what a horrid move pool i traind my own victrybell and gave it , sludge bomb , morning sun (move onaly obtaind in XD), leaf storm, and wring out...(turns out to be very hard to take down ^^)

see how much better that is... honestaly how dumb wer the programers... to give sward dance to a pkmn with no attk baised move

any one else know of any worse than this? cus all of the other trainers pkmn in fortune battle could not beet mine and i was constantly getting there lvl 30 stat pkmn....

Friend code Y - 2535 - 3801 - 3555 -
    Friend code X - 4613 - 6908 - 5944 -

Don't call the programmers dumb. Honestly, they had to input hundreds of sets. They can't make the Pokemon too strong either, as inexperienced players need a chance to win. Sludge Bomb / Morning Sun / Wring Out / Leaf Storm shows that you have a limited understanding of advanced Pokemon yourself. If the opponent were to use a Yache Chomp, I'm sure you would lose. The movesets are quite balanced imo.

Skarmory | Toxic | Fly | Double Team | Roost | Brightpower is pretty bad though. ^_^

Are you saying that for every different Wii there is different rental passes?

No, I think that the poster is talking about the different pokemon you can obtain from trainers in gateway (postgame) by trading. It's funny, because the movesets that are on the default passes are much better than the movesets you can get by trading (i.e. the Golbat on the cool girl's pass is very good, while the other golbat obtained by trading are quite bad). Hopefully, I'll be able to get better pokemon at rank 6 or so in gateway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Master Zork View Post
    honestaly how dumb wer the programers... to give sward dance to a pkmn with no attk baised move
    the programmers know more about this game then you'll ever will dark master zork, afterall they constructed this game, personally i think these moves are added because it must be a challenge for the gamers, the game won't be alot of fun if you don't have to think through your strategy by looking at your moveset.

it's like playing games with pokemoncards, sometimes you are lucky and it will be an easy one but if not then you'll have to think hard in order to improvise.

well if they had perfect move sets it would be too easy i acctuly played the game onnly useing the rental pass ( up untill stargazer)
    My amazing event darkrai
    On my first SR I got 31 Sp Atk ivs and 29 speed ivs with a Timid Nature.

The rentals in the original Stadium (well, the international one), had decent movesets, yet not outstanding ones (say, they gave fully evolved Pokemon dragon rage, fly, and the like) In stadium 2, Mud Slap and Rock Smash were all over the place in fully evolved Pokes...

In this, apart of a limited and fixed pool, we get very poor movesets...

And the programmers know how the game works, on a technical standpoint, but they still think that Hyper Beam is the best thing since sliced bread, that Rock/Steel is the best defensive type, and that Phione is broken. Just like a physicist may know all about the world from a technical standpoint, but does not know what is the best.

The makers don't know very good strategies.
    Brawl FC: 1247 3340 8549
    Platunim FC: 2621 8920 9598

Hey, they gotta make it harder some how. Giving you a automatic moves like, Swords Dance, and Fire Fang, so you'll plow through everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Master Zork
    see how much better that is... honestaly how dumb wer the programers... to give sward dance to a pkmn with no attk baised move
    Quote Originally Posted by SunMecha
    The makers don't know very good strategies.
    So, what you are saying is that the ones who created the Pokémon concept, made Pokémon Battle Revolution and programmed both the hidden and visible game mechanics and values don't know a thing abut strategy? Are you sure?
    Just Battle one of Mysterial's teams in the Masters Battle 8th Set and tell me the programmers don't know about strategy.

If you encountered that set in the Neon Colosseum, it's probably to make it even more dependant on luck. You know, being lucky enough to get your own Pokémon with good movesets will greatly aid you, while being unlucky enough to get a Pokémon with a bad moveset will prove a good challenge for you.

If you got that set on the Gateway Colosseum Rental battle, there's also a reason for those movesets. The reason being, pay attention to see the movesets your oponent's Pokémon have, don't just trade them away without even knowing what kind of Pokémon you're going to receive.
    Last edited by Black Diaruga; 30th April 2009 at 3:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mudkip master View Post
    well if they had perfect move sets it would be too easy i acctuly played the game onnly useing the rental pass ( up untill stargazer)
    nice performance, i used a EV trained team myself so personaly it was way too easy for me, when i get my game back i'll sdee if i can complete it on rentals.

Is everyone forgetting that it wasn't Game Freak who made PBR?
    Anyway, the developers sometimes don't know the best strategies with their own games. For example how the first 2 Saikyous used neutral natures- not good. The only pokémon I run with a neutral nature to great success is a cosmic power mixed Claydol that's designed to receive speed boosts off a Ninjask. So not much really, to say I have a couple of hundred EVeds.
    But then again the rest of the Saikyous were pretty good. The only parts that really imply the developers don't know much about strategy are the constant stream of rock/steel would-be walls and slow start on Regigigas making him completely useless. Plus the whole Phione being banned thing is stupid- I don't get that. Latios and Latias should be banned ingame too, as they don't seem to know how strong they are.
    Wow I'm in need of an updated signature.