Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 103

Thread: Delcatty Got Your Tongue? (336)

  1. #51
    Lindsay Guest

    Default

    You can also take into a account that Pikachu isn't much of a physical fighter and Iron Tail is a pretty physical move. Skitty's used only physical attacks to besides the Assist Ember but even so she's a Normal type making it easier for her to go either way.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    outskirts of Wylie Texas
    Posts
    815

    Default

    It's also concievable that Assist has something to do with the ease at which it learned Blizzard, as well as the great experience fo the Delcatty (Pokemon seem to learn faster when copying another Pokemon as they perform the move, especially if that Pokemon is very accomplished at that move), this was the legendary Coordinator after all. ^_^

    But back to Assist, Skitty can concievably use any move when using it (provided another team member knows it). This would likely mean that Skitty in general can learn new attacks more easily and more quickly than most Pokemon. The same would go for Pokemon that naturally learn the move Mimic.

    Having just won that battle with Ampharos, Skitty may have had a lot of experience energy it could burn learning a new move.

    I wonder if that Flygon trainer WAS Lance? He gets around after all (though its hard to see him being that hard on someone so much weaker than him). ^_^

    The variety of Delcatty's moves was great. I caught Iron Tail (attempted against Flygon), Safeguard, Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Solarbeam and possibly Tackle (when its ramming the balloon basket).

    It's too bad Delcatty are so weak in the games...

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Now that I've seen the Flygon trainer again, there's no way it could have been Drake. He looks completely different.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  4. #54
    Princess May Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    It's also concievable that Assist has something to do with the ease at which it learned Blizzard, as well as the great experience fo the Delcatty (Pokemon seem to learn faster when copying another Pokemon as they perform the move, especially if that Pokemon is very accomplished at that move), this was the legendary Coordinator after all. ^_^

    But back to Assist, Skitty can concievably use any move when using it (provided another team member knows it). This would likely mean that Skitty in general can learn new attacks more easily and more quickly than most Pokemon. The same would go for Pokemon that naturally learn the move Mimic.
    i totally agree.

    also, maybe Delcatty was a better teacher than Sentret. I mean it's probably easier for a Delcatty to teach a Skitty a move regardless, than a Sentret teaching a Pikachu a move. It's kinda like kittens seeing what their mother does and imitating it. Dont you think a cat can learn something faster from another cat than a mouse learning from a squirrel/furret(?).

    Maybe Skitty could learn faster from a Delcatty because it is its breed or whatever and can somewhat relate.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Now that I've seen the dub ep, I agree with the hilarity of Jessie's line about the "bizarre yodelling accident". XD XD XD

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Mitten State
    Posts
    6,977

    Default

    I'm sorry but learning a move you've never seen before until now in two seconds. Pikachu had seen Iron Tail before in Johto. He was also shown Iron Tail be Sentret. He technically knew about Iron Tail than Skitty even knew that Blizzard existed. Yet Pikachu had to to train to be able to use Iron Tail. Yet Skitty on her second try was able to do a perect Blizzard. Is it just me are they making life WAY too easy on May. I bet Ash would have loved for things to have just fallen in place for him in Kanto.

    EDIT: Yes the Yodeling accident was hilarious. You couldn't get much funnier than that. Wait, James in the dress and Jessie in the hiking outfit would be funnier.
    Last edited by The Big Al; 6th December 2004 at 12:01 PM.

    Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

  7. #57
    Indigo Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    I'm sorry but learning a move you've never seen before until now in two seconds. Pikachu had seen Iron Tail before in Johto. He was also shown Iron Tail be Sentret. He technically knew about Iron Tail than Skitty even knew that Blizzard existed. Yet Pikachu had to to train to be able to use Iron Tail. Yet Skitty on her second try was able to do a perect Blizzard. Is it just me are they making life WAY too easy on May. I bet Ash would have loved for things to have just fallen in place for him in Kanto.
    I agree, but it's the animé. NOTHING makes sense.

    But I have caught hints on them making life a bit too easy on May. Beating an Ampharos like that? Ash probably wouldn't have been able to with, say...Charmander. It would be around the same time. But he did "beat" Golem, so...

    Sorry, I'm biased. I just am. I don't like May as much as Ash, and sometimes the things she does aren't too appealing to me. I want her to experience some of the things Ash did: having to make a life or death decision for the sake of your Pokémon(hell, Ash did that the first day, but they're different so a while from now, but I still want it), taking a Pokémon out a match early for concern for their welfare(Blaine battle...Pikachu...), and the parting with a friend. These are the things that May should experience in order to become a truly connected coordinator, and I think it'll help me and a few others like her a little more.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo
    Beating an Ampharos like that? Ash probably wouldn't have been able to with, say...Charmander. It would be around the same time. But he did "beat" Golem, so...
    A poorly trained Ampharos whose best Electric move was Thundershock? What exactly is the point of contention here?

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    23,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT
    Delcatty's nickname in the original was Joanie, BTW. They probably just mispronounced it.-_-;
    That would be correct. Mispronounciation. Because of that, they made it seem like they changed its gender. o_o

    3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ares Vallis
    Posts
    5,311

    Default

    Yes, Joanie is a much better nickname, especially considering how feminine Delcatty acted. -_- And guys, if you think Skitty learned Blizzard too quickly just wait for the new dub episodes tomorrow.     Spoiler:
    ~

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Mitten State
    Posts
    6,977

    Default

    Can someone answer this? How can massage cure smoke inhalation(sp?)?

    Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

  12. #62

    Default

    Well, I guess it forces it out, much like a Heimlich. Just a guess.

    SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:


    Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.


    Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.


    Ficubes made by me.


    Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Mitten State
    Posts
    6,977

    Default

    You use the Heimlich to force out a solid. It can't cure smoke inhalation. I guess we'll never know how it works. *shrugs*

    Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    23,263

    Default

    It would be relaxing the muscles. Believe me, massages can cause your whole body to relax quite well and get rid of anything that's been building up inside of you. I've had one and trips to the bathroom were not pleasant. >_o

    3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Mitten State
    Posts
    6,977

    Default

    What the heck are you talking about. I agree that the massage relaxed Skitty's muscles. However, that doesn't erase the fact that she was suffering from Smoke inhalation. Let out tensions won't get the soot out of her system.

    Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ares Vallis
    Posts
    5,311

    Default

    Well, it could have helped her relax and dislodge some of the smoke particles that were stuck in her lungs. It also could have helped open up the air passages to help her breathe easier.
    ~

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    23,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    What the heck are you talking about. I agree that the massage relaxed Skitty's muscles. However, that doesn't erase the fact that she was suffering from Smoke inhalation. Let out tensions won't get the soot out of her system.
    It's not just your muscles. It relaxes the whole body and allows everything in your body to flow better and anything bad that's been in your body can come out.

    3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Joliet, IL
    Posts
    1,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Ha, anyone amazed that 4kids adds BLATANT sexual innuendo in the show, yet if there was any animation that was questionable it would have been edited out? I mean c'mon, Brock's heart throbbing out of his chest, and asking the coordinator that by doing some pressure pointing they can really "rock and roll". Also by the tone of Brock's voice, you can tell what was being stated. I find it funny that 4kids has no problem with sexual innuendo implied, yet if anything is SHOWN they have to cut up and butcher the scenes.
    I know, I watched the episode again just yesterday on my tape, and I can't believe I missed that line the first time around. I was like, WHOA, they let that get past the censors?!? Maybe not the heart practically pounding out of his chest, but that "rock and roll" line certainly got my attention.

  19. #69
    Shiny May Guest

    Default

    sweet how Delcatty teaches Skitty how to use blizzard and fails the first time and does it right the next time !! Delcatty also looks really cute!

    Also a nice story she told about how once her Skitty got hurt and she learned those techniques and nice to see how Skitty evolved into Delcatty! A good ep imo
    Last edited by Shiny May; 16th January 2005 at 2:11 AM.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    I saw this episode this morning and thought it was really good. I liked it when Skitty learned Blizzard. It was really powerful against TR.

    And talking of Team Rocket, they really seemed to stay strong instead of blasting off straight away. Or maybe that was because Pikachu didn't blast them off straight away. Abbey's Skitty (Jonny) evolving into a Delcatty was really good too.

    Flygon's cameo apperance was awesome, how it was kept in the shadows to put some mystery behind its identity. That attack it made was ultra-powerful.

    Rating:9/10
    There's always room for improvements in everything.

  21. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Charmander
    I saw this episode this morning and thought it was really good. I liked it when Skitty learned Blizzard. It was really powerful against TR.

    And talking of Team Rocket, they really seemed to stay strong instead of blasting off straight away. Or maybe that was because Pikachu didn't blast them off straight away. Abbey's Skitty (Jonny) evolving into a Delcatty was really good too.

    Flygon's cameo apperance was awesome, how it was kept in the shadows to put some mystery behind its identity. That attack it made was ultra-powerful.

    Rating:9/10
    There's always room for improvements in everything.
    yep, i agree, but Skitty lernt a move too quickly because it took agges before pikachu could use iron tail and treeco could use bullet seed and swellow could use airial ace!

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Mitten State
    Posts
    6,977

    Default

    I thought it was already brought up that learning a move in two seconds was unreasonable. Oh well, I guess you have to keep the thread alive.

    Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

  23. #73
    Factory Head Noland Guest

    Default

    I saw this episode this morning! It is a great episode!
    I liked it when Jonny used Iron Tail, it looked so cool (I love Iron Tail).
    Maybe Blizzard isn't as hard to master as Iron Tail, Bullet Seed or Aerial Ace...
    I really like Delcatty! It's so kawaii! I liked the info on the Pokemon Contests that was given, only a little bit but still good. I hope May gets a Ribbon Cup someday...

    Overall 8/10

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Mitten State
    Posts
    6,977

    Default

    Blizzard is far more powerful and more complicated than any of those attacks. Anyway, that arguement is long dead.

    Though, I'm waiting to see a Raichu use Iron Tail.

    Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

  25. #75
    Factory Head Noland Guest

    Default

    Okay....I thought it was funny that Jonny was teaching Skitty Blizzard in the middle of a battle with Team Rocket, lol ^_^
    I thought it was so funny when Cacnea got hit with Solarbeam and it rolled backwards off the rock, lol. This episode was actually really good...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •