Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Delcatty Got Your Tongue? (336)

Skitty and Delcatty are so CUTE!

Well, this was a good episode! I thought that the Delcatty's nickname was weird! I just love seeing Skitty, it's just so adorable! ^^ I'm glad that May's going to use Skitty in a contest! And it was cool how it learned Blizzard.

Team Rocket was hilarious! What accent were they using? I couldn't tell. And Meowth in bandages was funny too! Delcatty did sound like a real cat! And I liked the tail juggling thing!

I give this episode an 8.5/10. At least the fillers aren't boring!

BTW, the guy with the Flygon looked a lot like Lance.

This lovely banner was made by Faerie.
    My Devaintart gallery
    Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
    trouble remembering how to fly
    Oh, and I claimed Sora from the Kingdom Hearts games in the bishie thread. ^^

I thought Skitty sounded hilarious when it was first hit with poison tail, it sounded like it was really screaming XD. It was adorable, as always, especially with the juggling. Learning Blizzard was interesting, too.

Overall rating:
    9.4 out of 10!!
    Another excellent, high quality filler(well, Blizzard makes it a half filler)!!

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Indigo Guest

Hmmm...

Pros:

-TR was SO FUNNY! Those voices...hilarious! Brings me back to the days of Mewtwo Strikes Back..."You vant to cross de river? Veal get you dere faster than you can zay farfignoogan!"--Jessie

-Brock was...inappropriate on so many different levels. But the Elvis thing was kind of interesting because this is a kids show...so I'm content. ^^

-Flygon...*drools.*

Cons:

-Johnny. WTF is up with that???? That Delcatty was obviously female!

-I didn't like May in this episode. I don't know why, I just didn't.

-So Johto...*yawns.*

Overall, 7/10. We've SEEN this before.

Delcatty's nickname in the original was Joanie, BTW. They probably just mispronounced it.-_-;

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Indigo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT
    Delcatty's nickname in the original was Joanie, BTW. They probably just mispronounced it.-_-;
    Ah, yet another name screw-up made by 4Kids...

But I don't see how in the hell they could've thought that Delcatty was female! It practically screamed "Girl!"

Not every pokemon that looks "girly" should be a girl. That's just a stereotype! I mean look at Gardevior. It's not a female only species for some (strange) reason.

But yet another fabulous battle. Skitty is still a little weak on the edges of defense but oh, well. Delkatty's thunderbolt. Billirant just gorgeuos. I'm happy they didn't have a dub voice. It would have ruined it's image: "Del-katty katty katty kat" Sometimes 4kids just ruin things.

Since on the subject, what's a good level for Skitty to evolve

I like Cressillia

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky the Mew
    Not every pokemon that looks "girly" should be a girl.
    Yes, but the animé usually tries to make it as obvious as possible when taking gender into account. And considering how people are surprised that its called 'Jonny' or whatever, I'm assuming it was portrayed as femenine. The animé is known for gender stereotypes when it comes to the pokémon themselves.

A screw up is good enough once. Two was too much and they did it way more than once. Like I said Jonny WTF 0.o.

A lesson to all trainers, don't take on a Flygon you're first actual battle. Live and learn eh...though you need to LIVE to learn.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Indigo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Yes, but the animé usually tries to make it as obvious as possible when taking gender into account. And considering how people are surprised that its called 'Jonny' or whatever, I'm assuming it was portrayed as femenine. The animé is known for gender stereotypes when it comes to the pokémon themselves.
    Precisely my point. And even if it was a boy, you'd assume they'd make it more obvious. But I am almost convinced that it's a girl, just by the way it acts, talks, and yes, looks. I'm not saying that it isn't a boy, I'm just saying that the chances are very slim considering past episodes.

that's just superb... my name is finally put into the anime and it's for a Delcatty D: D: D: *crys in shame*
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKeckleon
    that's just superb... my name is finally put into the anime and it's for a Delcatty D: D: D: *crys in shame*
    It's not all that bad man. The closest they've come to my name is Alexa and she was a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    It's not all that bad man. The closest they've come to my name is Alexa and she was a woman.
    Apparently, the guy from the Shroomish ep was named Alex, although it wasn't mentioned in the show's actual dialogue. I've been told it showed up in the closed captioning.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I seem to remember his name being Alex too. Don't know where I heard it, but I remember it because Itsamike provided his voice.
    ~

Okay, I stand corrected. Thanks guys.

Togemon Guest

Skitty officially creeps me out o_O I just thought of the devil when it learned Blizzard... I'm scared of that cat.
    But did Brock actually mention being a Pokemon Breeder?? That's a good point he said something about it.
    I give it a 6/10, it was ok, but not great.
    Last edited by Togemon; 5th December 2004 at 2:06 AM.

it doesn't help my situation though D:

Indigo Guest

it doesn't help my situation though D:
    True, but at least your name showed up. I'm still awaiting my name debut(Rachel). Unless they've aired an episode with a character with that name and I'm unaware...I've heard Rochelle and I think there was a Raquel, but no Rachel. ;/

maybe I'm just a little jealous because my sister's name has showed up in almost ever single episode since the second one D: (Jessie of Team Rocket D: )

Talking

I was wondering why Delcatty was called Johnny. I thought it would be female, but ended up getting an impression of it being male.

Team Rocket was funny in this episode.

That fat lady with the Aron was scary. It's a good thing she wasn't the therapist.

It took Skitty two seconds to pull of a Blizzard, while it took episodes of intense training for Pikachu to master Iron Tail. I guess Skitty had a role model to look up with a free demonstration.

That guy eith Flygon looked kind of like Lance. Skitty versus Flygon. That makes for a heated battle...

This was a pretty good episode. 8/10
    Yeah!

Pikachu had Sentret. There goes your theory. They were just too cheap. Blizzard is a much stronger attack than Iron Tail too and Skitty has no where near the experience of Pikachu. This episode was just cheap. I mean, using a TM on the game takes longer.

There's nothing wrong with some Pokemon taking longer to learn certain attacks than others. It's just like us as humans: two people can have the same skill, but one may have needed to work much harder than the other to master it.

Indigo Guest

But Skitty's so playful and carefree...and then we have Pikachu who is willing to work his butt off for whatever Ash wants. It was a bit cheap, but hey. She needed to learn it before the contest in Verdanturf, which is what? Two episodes away? They had an excuse, but it was still pretty bad.

Being playful and carefree doesn't mean it can't also be a quick study.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Being playful and carefree doesn't mean it can't also be a quick study.
    Yes, true, true Skitty And Pikachu have different personallities. But pay attention to this! Pikachu only had just a little while of personal tutoral from a pokemon (sentret). While Treeko and Skitty had more oppertunity to study. Plus, being a slow-minded and carefree person myself, I'm considered by my piers as very intellegent. Just because I don't look like it doesn't mean I don't pay attention to nothing at all.

I like Cressillia

Nevertheless, its weird to think about a Skitty learning Blizzard about 20 times as fast as Ash's Pikachu learning Iron Tail. And just about every other Pokemon with a tail that Ash and friends meet knows that attack all of a sudden.

This episode was nothing special, but it was interesting at times.

That fat lady in the beginning was freaking me out for a second, lucky she walked out a few seconds later.

Delcatty's name was Johnny, even though I thought it was a girl. But apparently it was supposed to be a girl, right?

I give this episode a 7/10.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast