Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disaster of Disguise! (337)

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Anyone notice that when the Rocket Gangs did their motto in the first part of the Phantom episodes, they dressed EXACTLY like Tuxedo Kamen (Tuxedo Mask) from Sailor Moon? Even Sonansu busting through the moon was indication enough. XD
    I think I mentioned that earilier. Yes, they ripped on Sailor Moon bad. (Card Captor Sakura AND Sailor Moon, it looks like Pokemon has decided to declare war on Shoujo.)

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I didn't notice Meowth say "Bling-bling". Whatever, I guess I just didn't notice.

Drew didn't get to try to hog the spotlight in this contest, because Dusclops put his Roselia in bad condition. I like Drew, but seeing him lose was kinda fulfilling, in a way.

I liked "The Phantom". I especially liked his costume. His Dusclops mask reminded me of that skull mask Ash once wore to scare Misty and Brock close to the beginning of the episode, "The Tower of Terror".

Timmy's mom was too strict. And she somehow got very chubby after all these years. His dad was cool, he used to be The Phantom. And then he helped his son out. Did anybody else notice that his hairstyle was exactly like Max's? Except the gray hair, of course.

Brock disguising himself as The Phantom was hilarious. And he wouldn't let James fish his mask off. Jessie said something like, "What did he do, glue that thing to his head?"

Yeah, this episode was nice. 8/10.

The group's bad acting during their little scheme was hilarious. Bet the VAs had fun with that.

[img135]http://members.shaw.ca/shinygeodude/screens/teamrocket/ag61tuxedos.jpg[/img135]

Yep, definitely a Sailor Moon parody.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

What is this, a good episode again, I forgot what these were like (and would forget again once the next epi airred) it had been 3 weeks since a good episode had been on. This was funny, and charming, good music, good battles, nice story, just a good episode.
    8.3/10
    Scrubs (My Cold Shower) JD's closing Monolouge: As I looked at all the relationships around me, Some that had gone on forever, (Cox and Jordan) Some that were reigniting, (Carla and Turk) And some that were had just begun, (Elliot and Keith) I realized something.

It should have been me. (In reference to Elliot while he is taking a cold shower.)
    YES, JElliot is coming back. Screw Elliot Keith, and all its backers.

I find it funny that you hate half of Hoenn yet keep watching.

Hope springs eternal. Not to mention there are real gems of episodes (like this one) just as there are some duds.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I really loved this episode. It was the best episode I've seen in a long time. Timmy was pretty cool and his Dusclops owned Pikachu in that battle. His mom was kind of mean and ''over'' strict.

Quote Originally Posted by Th' Duck
    it was an ok episode. I know the anime doesnt go by the game, but will-o-wisp appeared to do damage to Drew's Roselia
    Well it makes sense considering how it works in the games too. It is a bunch of dark energy that inflicts the Burn status. As I recall it would go like this in the games.

Dusclops used Will-O-Wisp!

Roselia was Burned!

Roselia was hurt by Burn! *HP falls*

They just went right ahead and had Roselia immediately suffer damage since turns don't really occur in the anime. ^_^

I was disappointed by how short the battle between Dusclops and Pikachu was, but overall it was a okay episode. I wondered how they would do Normal attacks not effecting Dusclops as it seems so solid. It's certainly different from the Gastly line, where they've always had the Pokemon just pass through them. Brock's and the group's little farce really made the episode though!

*Seviper wraps Phantom Brock*
    Phantom Brock: "Get this thing off of me!"

*Ash tells Pikachu to attacks but stops as he realizes he could hurt Brock, May then orders her Pokemon to attack and Brock blasts off*
    May: "Oh no! Brock I'm sorry!"

Brock had some funny and clever lines, it was nice to see his goofiness concerning something other than girls.

Indigo Guest

Hmmm...

--First thing's first. The Ash abuse was HILARIOUS! I laughed my aching butt off(had a nasty fall on my tush the other day ^^()). I wish they do this more often.
    --God, this episode was so KANTO! I'm lovin' it!
    --I thought Meowth's "bling bling" comment was funny. First it's that, then "Disguise Da Limit"...4Kids is going ghetto!
    --Timmy...was...spectacular. What a great character. This is the creativity we want in one-shot characters! This is like...Gizelle material! Maybe even up to A.J.'s standards.

This episode was just great. Awesome, awesome, AWESOME filler. Big, fat, 8.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    I find it funny that you hate half of Hoenn yet keep watching.
    I watch only because of the other half, it is worth it to watch all of it to watch the ones I enjoy. Crap like the next episode and the Torkoal capture episode just happens to be thrown in there. But few episodes are as bad as those 2 were.
    Scrubs (My Cold Shower) JD's closing Monolouge: As I looked at all the relationships around me, Some that had gone on forever, (Cox and Jordan) Some that were reigniting, (Carla and Turk) And some that were had just begun, (Elliot and Keith) I realized something.

It should have been me. (In reference to Elliot while he is taking a cold shower.)

How in the world was the Torkoal capture episode in any way bad? e_e
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Indeed. If you think the Torkoal capture episode was crap, there can be only one of two scenarios:

-your standards for good episodes are either way too high or seriously twisted

-you didn't even see it

Hales Guest

So what was the Ash bashing all about? I mean I don't like Ash bashing but I'm game to hear about it!

What was ther TC for this episode because I fell a sleep and won't be able to watch the encore this Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hales
    So what was the Ash bashing all about? I mean I don't like Ash bashing but I'm game to hear about it!
    This kind of Ash bashing was physical, and it was dealt by Mrs. Grim.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Indeed. If you think the Torkoal capture episode was crap, there can be only one of two scenarios:

-your standards for good episodes are either way too high or seriously twisted

-you didn't even see it
    You saw all my things on "All Torkoal No Play" so clearly I saw the episode.
    I had many things against it. I saw the thing, I just did not find it good at all, I actually saw it as the worst Hoenn period, worst capture episode period, and probably bottom 5 for the whole series. I can't think of one redeemable element of that episode. It is my opinion, even if it is "twisted" I saw it.

Hales Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    This kind of Ash bashing was physical, and it was dealt by Mrs. Grim.
    Actually now that you mention it when I read the summary to that he was being bashed... okay so on that note... hee... wish I'd seen it, I'm in America now so I could have watched it

meggirl63 Guest

This was a good episode, especially for the Phantom part. If he was real, I'd go out with him. hehehehehehe Oh, I can see that deep beneath Timmy's costume he's still a good boy. I like that!

Eh, the worst capture episodes were easily the Noctowl and Phanpy (if you can consider that a capture) ones. Those two were 'put-someone-to-sleep' material in the purest form~

[img135]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Gravyyy/masatotofuture.jpg[/img135]

Why wasn't this episode entitled 'Max to the future!' or something along those lines?! Pfft, talk about missed opportunities, ne?

Seriously though, the Phantom's father could easily pass a a future Masato. They look so similar its scary 0.o;

now that you mention it, you're right! It scary! LOL.

I taped this epsiode(I didn't want to get up). It was so great. I loved it. Drew got beat big time. I felt sorry for him. His Rosella had no chance of beating Timmy's Dusclops. I liked it when Brock dressed up as the Phantom. He was funny. And when Mewoth said "Bling, Bling"-Soo great. Timmy's mom was mean, but his father was so cool. I can't believe Mrs. Grim shook Ash. He got dizzy. May had to open her big mouth. Luckly Mrs Grim didn't found out that Timmy was the Phantom. They acted it prefectly. Yep I enjoyed this epsiode very much. Looking forward of May and Timmy compete each other.
    goodbye~

Not to go too far off topic but...

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Strife
    You saw all my things on "All Torkoal No Play" so clearly I saw the episode.
    I had many things against it. I saw the thing, I just did not find it good at all, I actually saw it as the worst Hoenn period, worst capture episode period, and probably bottom 5 for the whole series. I can't think of one redeemable element of that episode. It is my opinion, even if it is "twisted" I saw it.
    But you never gave any discernable reasons, you simply kept remarking how awful it was without saying why. That's the main reason people take issue with those words. The episode had a nice plot, Steelix had an actual character, the animation and battle were quite well done, not to mention Skarmory and Steelix got to keep their Japanese voices. Team Rocket didn't have their usual cliched role either, they just got bashed around for most of the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Eh, the worst capture episodes were easily the Noctowl and Phanpy (if you can consider that a capture) ones. Those two were 'put-someone-to-sleep' material in the purest form~
    But you got to love Noctowl hypnotizing Ash into thinking a big rock was Pikachu. ^_^

Very exciting episode, but why would a parent wouldn't allow a child to play with a pokemon? isn't that cruel.. ~_~

anyways, it was a very good episode. and interesting...

LiveJournal - Fanfiction.net - Save our Voice Actors

PBR Friend Code: 4381 9024 5685

slysunshine Guest

I saw the second half of this episode, and from what I saw it was great. I loved how Brock dressed up as the Phantom. ^_^ May was cute, and I was sad to hear how Drew got beat. lol I wish I could remember more of this episode.

Yay! It was on today! Before I missed it.
    *wahhhhhh*
    Cilan/Dento is my bishie! <3

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast