Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Disguise Da Limit! (338)

Hybrid View

Default Disguise Da Limit! (338)

Disguise Da Limit!

It's time for the Pokémon Contest in Verdanturf Town. May wants to win her second contest but soon finds out she has to face the masked co-ordinator she recently met. Using her Skitty she must battle his Dusclops. Will she win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss...

Tate+Liza Guest

I hope she does. Mommy is really annoying. She keep on poking me. I wonder why do she like the name "Tate".

Meh, I was just watching a clip for this episode on the KidsWB site, and the battle between Dusclops and Skitty had some...really boring music playing in the background the whole time.
    I mean, Haruka is unable to do any damage to Dusclops, and they've decided to use random mixxed-together tunes that don't give any sort of feeling of desperation at all x.x;
    Bah, music does make a big difference in many cases I'm afraid~

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Meh, I was just watching a clip for this episode on the KidsWB site, and the battle between Dusclops and Skitty had some...really boring music playing in the background the whole time.
    I mean, Haruka is unable to do any damage to Dusclops, and they've decided to use random mixxed-together tunes that don't give any sort of feeling of desperation at all x.x;
    Bah, music does make a big difference in many cases I'm afraid~
    There trying to fit the music in with the battle. This is probaly the 1st time we'll see the episode go by the game play.

Ethereal Guest

Wait, I thought this episode was called "Disaster of Disguise"...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMightyena
    Wait, I thought this episode was called "Disaster of Disguise"...
    That's episode 337 this is episode 338.

What the Hell kinda dub title was this? Disquise Da' Limit? Sounds like something Meowth would say. Anyway, I think this will be an interesting contest episode.

Ah, another good episode. Not quite as exciting as the contest Vs. Medicham, but still a good one.

Anyone else IMPRESSED by Jessie in this episode? In the first contest she entered using the Rainbow machine, cheating to win. In this episode Jessie actually DID win the first round fair and square. Maybe being a coordinator is something for Jessie as well?

Ha, May's battle against that Wartortle was short. The Dusclops Vs. Skitty battle seemed to be mostly a strategy of attack/deflect/repeat throughout the match. A nice bit of continuity was using Assist and Blizzard, which are both attacks Skitty learned recently. One thing I love about Hoenn is even the fillers contribute to the overall story (Skitty learning Assist in the Numel filler, and then Blizzard in the Delcatty one). Also liked the backstory on Timmy's mother.

May has her second ribbon. It seems May always goes against some of the toughest evolved forms in her contests (Medicham, Dusclops, and in the future, etc.)

Skitty is the equivilant of Ash's Pikachu, both seem to take and dish out far more than they should. May's Skitty seems to be very strong, it may have been a high level before she caught it, since it evolved by Moon stone and not level.

Maybe if you people stopped reading spoilers and looking at episode pictures you'd be surprised at the ep, instead of knowing everything that's going to happen before the episode even airs.

Yeah. This episode was... really bad. johto filler bad. WTF kind of battle was this?! Did the writers of the last contest retire or something? Shipping hints in this and the last episode were many, though.

-Drew says hi to May without being a dick.
    -May seems sad when Drew can't enter.
    -Drew actually cheers May on, if I'm not mistaken.
    -Ash cheers for Timmy. Contestshippers 1, Advanceshippers 0. Pwned.
    My name is Sibyl.

Ash also cheered for May in other parts of the episode, none of the characters were really one sided. Some of you must be forgetting what Johto fillers were really like, to put an episode like this on the same level.

The animation didn't seem to be as good in this ep, May looked a little off in some scenes.

And yeah, May does have a Super Skitty. I guess it makes up for Torchic's weakness at this time. Perhaps it's a new breed of Skitty with phenomenal advances in both attack and defense. Ah, a Super Pikachu and a Super Skitty, what will be next?
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 11th December 2004 at 4:05 PM.

Ditzy_Blonde Guest

Arrow

Enjoyable, but not as good as the second contest battle. The End Battle was just to simple and lacked the complexity of May's first and second contests. I think it has something to do with Skitty's limited moveset. Why is it that she pretty much uses Double Slap/Assist over and over again? I would orgasm if she used Charm, or maybe Attract (which skitty learns naturaly in the game, and Cute Charm is it's natural ability). Hopefully she'll learn these moves, as well as Heal Bell and Double Edge later.

And don't get so bent out of shape about Skitty's strength. Afterwall, we've put up with Super Pickachu for the past 7 seasons...

It was a good EPISODE...it sad now...that we have to see MAY lose 1 or 2 battles now...in her upcoming CONTEST...
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Robert Guest

Thumbs down

May got a rather high score... A failed blizzard and juggling three balls was able to pass by? What the heck? The scenes where the Pokemon would perform blew by quickly, and the battle was pathetic. Skitty was way too powerful. This was one of my least favorite episodes in recent history...
    Last edited by Robert; 15th May 2005 at 4:52 PM.

I think it could've been better. The music I think really sorta ruined it a bit. (When Ash's Pikachu fought Timmy's Dusclops, they had some really good music. But this one was just... Repeatitive. I think May's battle was more important than Ash's so it should've had some more better music. The music sounded filler-ish, like the kind used in filler-battles.)

But Skitty was a tough little thing. Maybe another Super like Pika? I'm a little surprised it was able to take all those hits. Focus Punch isn't a little attack...

I felt a little sorry for Timmy. He did well.
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

wow... judging by the actual battles, this episode was pretty bland

but I think the main focus of the episode is the whole backstory behind Mrs. Grim and her dislike for pokemon

I liked the Fallarbor contest alot better, and I hope future contests aren't as half-butted as this one was :\
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Poochyena could still be alive, pokémon aren't like normal animals after all. The pikachu Vitcor had was at least 20 years old. It would still be pretty unlikely that they would be reunited, but it's not necessarily dead. Anyway, this episode was pretty good, Timmy's dad was really cool for letting him go to the contest like that. It was also cool seing his mother give in and let him have pokémon after she remembered how much she missed Poochyena. It seemed a lot more emotional in the original version though, the music they played was really sad. The contest battles were really good too, Jessie seems to do better each time, but she just never catches a break. I was dissappointed but not surprised that the only music 4Kids kept in the entire episode was during Jessie's battle with Timmy. Even though I really like that music it's just not enough to make up for the rest of the episode. I also really liked how they used Ready Go! for the battle between May and Timmy, but of course they didn't keep it in the dub because it had Japanese words in it.
    Last edited by Heracross; 11th December 2004 at 4:56 PM.
    ~

This episodes was okay, but I like the first part of the Contest Arca better then the actual contest, but trust me, the latest contest is really cool! (Don't wanna spoil it)

psisam Guest

I thought it was ok but I don't know how a skitty could beat a dusclops.

Simple. It didn't use Normal attacks, nor is this the game where the battle would be in Dusclops' favor due to its defenses. o_O

The thing is that Skitty destroyed Focus Punch with style and did it quite fast. Most people would try having their Pokémon dodge attacks of the sort, thus resulting in loss of points when it has some sort of effect on the defensive Pokémon.

And really can you guys really complain about it? We were treated to great looking battles during these Contests.
    Last edited by Chris; 11th December 2004 at 6:52 PM.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

I firmly believe if Beautifly was used in this contest instead of Skitty, it either would have lost, or performed a strategic battle with whirlwind and string shot.

May's Skitty is just a "Super Skitty", seemingly blessed with stats that make it stronger than most evolved forms.

Granted I did enjoy the battle, and I don't see how people thought it was as bad as a Johto filler, but the battle was a little cheap, because of well..."Super Skitty" resisting two direct Hyper Beams, Focus Punches, and then having lucky Assist and Blizzard working just at the right time to win.

It's just a Super Skitty, you can't really debate it.

Remember that the attacks didn't hit Skitty. And don't worry about Assist and Blizzard. There's going to be times where they don't work exactly as planned.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Remember that the attacks didn't hit Skitty.
    Huh? Cyber's right, Focus Punch and 2 Hyper Beams hit Skitty head on.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

I'm sorry but I'm not buying the super Skitty bit. It's more powerful than Pikachu and yet it's been around for 1/50 the time. Even a well trained Skitty can't take one physical hit of that magnitude, let alone 3 and half.

I don't see why you two defend the undefendable.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    I'm sorry but I'm not buying the super Skitty bit. It's more powerful than Pikachu and yet it's been around for 1/50 the time. Even a well trained Skitty can't take one physical hit of that magnitude, let alone 3 and half.

I don't see why you two defend the undefendable.
    And it's because you constantly ***** about the un*****able. Regular battles are not the same as Contests. Contests don't exactly rely on attacks to have full power. And we could see Dusclops' Hyper Beams were no where near as strong as say a Gyarados' considering those normally cause explosions.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast