Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Disguise Da Limit! (338)

Poochyena could still be alive, pokémon aren't like normal animals after all. The pikachu Vitcor had was at least 20 years old. It would still be pretty unlikely that they would be reunited, but it's not necessarily dead. Anyway, this episode was pretty good, Timmy's dad was really cool for letting him go to the contest like that. It was also cool seing his mother give in and let him have pokémon after she remembered how much she missed Poochyena. It seemed a lot more emotional in the original version though, the music they played was really sad. The contest battles were really good too, Jessie seems to do better each time, but she just never catches a break. I was dissappointed but not surprised that the only music 4Kids kept in the entire episode was during Jessie's battle with Timmy. Even though I really like that music it's just not enough to make up for the rest of the episode. I also really liked how they used Ready Go! for the battle between May and Timmy, but of course they didn't keep it in the dub because it had Japanese words in it.
    Last edited by Heracross; 11th December 2004 at 4:56 PM.
    ~

This episodes was okay, but I like the first part of the Contest Arca better then the actual contest, but trust me, the latest contest is really cool! (Don't wanna spoil it)

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Skitty maybe a super but don't even think Pikachu would still be standing after that kind of punishment. Not mention Pikachu has been around for years and uis very well trained. Skitty's been around for a half dozen episodes and takes a Focus Punch, deflects another, and then take two Hyper Beams. Like I said, even Pikachu would be a shadow on a wall after that.

I like the redone Kanto gym-leader music they played during Jessie's and Timmy's battle. It was probably the best piece of music the entire episode.

Other than that, I remember Johto and this comes pretty darn close.
    Would you quit your *****ing? :\ She didn't have it easy. She got lucky that Assist worked in her favor most of the time and the two were close to beating eachother. The way the battle worked was nicely done. Gust blowing away Hyper Beam, then String Shot wrapping around the projectile Focus Punch and destroying it (makes sense too, considering if the opponent attacks during Focus Punch then it fails), then Ember destroying all the Will-o-Wisp flames, and then Silver Wind blowing being destroyed by Psychic. They didn't give it to her on that. It came down to the luck of the draw between Blizzard and Hyper Beam.

Since I missed the episode, anyone wanna confirm to me if the karaoke of Ready Go! was playing during the battle?
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

psisam Guest

I thought it was ok but I don't know how a skitty could beat a dusclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    She didn't have it easy. She got lucky that Assist worked in her favor most of the time and the two were close to beating eachother.
    If you ask me, using luck isn't an accurate display of determining the ease of a battle. Random luck is just that, random luck, not an example of proving your skills whilst in a pickle nor an example of blowing the whole match. If you're talking in general about the battle, that it wasn't easy to face-off against Dusclops, then I agree, because almost every battle works like that.

The way the battle worked was nicely done. Gust blowing away Hyper Beam, then String Shot wrapping around the projectile Focus Punch and destroying it (makes sense too, considering if the opponent attacks during Focus Punch then it fails), then Ember destroying all the Will-o-Wisp flames, and then Silver Wind blowing being destroyed by Psychic.
    Only if the user takes damage does Focus Punch fail. String Shot would not have be useful in stopping Dusclops from using Focus Punch, but it was helpful in the way it was used to cease the attack itself. Still, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth when the likes of Gust, String Shot, and Ember can stop powerful attacks like Hyper Beam, Focus Punch, and Will-O-Wisp. However, Silver Wind and Blizzard were a lot more appropriate.

I can put that all aside though. The one true thing that disturbed me was how Skitty could survive attacks that calculate in the 100+ range. Focus Punch alone would've set its points back a pretty penny. The only reason for all of that I can come up with is because of Dusclops's low attack power, but still...

Since I missed the episode, anyone wanna confirm to me if the karaoke of Ready Go! was playing during the battle?
    Reports say that it wasn't included.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Simple. It didn't use Normal attacks, nor is this the game where the battle would be in Dusclops' favor due to its defenses. o_O

The thing is that Skitty destroyed Focus Punch with style and did it quite fast. Most people would try having their Pokémon dodge attacks of the sort, thus resulting in loss of points when it has some sort of effect on the defensive Pokémon.

And really can you guys really complain about it? We were treated to great looking battles during these Contests.
    Last edited by Chris; 11th December 2004 at 6:52 PM.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

I firmly believe if Beautifly was used in this contest instead of Skitty, it either would have lost, or performed a strategic battle with whirlwind and string shot.

May's Skitty is just a "Super Skitty", seemingly blessed with stats that make it stronger than most evolved forms.

Granted I did enjoy the battle, and I don't see how people thought it was as bad as a Johto filler, but the battle was a little cheap, because of well..."Super Skitty" resisting two direct Hyper Beams, Focus Punches, and then having lucky Assist and Blizzard working just at the right time to win.

It's just a Super Skitty, you can't really debate it.

Remember that the attacks didn't hit Skitty. And don't worry about Assist and Blizzard. There's going to be times where they don't work exactly as planned.

Remember that the attacks didn't hit Skitty.
    Huh? Cyber's right, Focus Punch and 2 Hyper Beams hit Skitty head on.
    V | Faction

I'm sorry but I'm not buying the super Skitty bit. It's more powerful than Pikachu and yet it's been around for 1/50 the time. Even a well trained Skitty can't take one physical hit of that magnitude, let alone 3 and half.

I don't see why you two defend the undefendable.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I was referring to the part where the battle started to pick up in her favor, although Skitty was hit by one Focus Punch and one Hyper Beams During the first portion, Skitty did take abit of a defensive stance for the first Focus Punch. One of Dusclops' Hyper Beams did hit but then the next one was blown away. Then the body picks up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    I'm sorry but I'm not buying the super Skitty bit. It's more powerful than Pikachu and yet it's been around for 1/50 the time. Even a well trained Skitty can't take one physical hit of that magnitude, let alone 3 and half.

I don't see why you two defend the undefendable.
    And it's because you constantly ***** about the un*****able. Regular battles are not the same as Contests. Contests don't exactly rely on attacks to have full power. And we could see Dusclops' Hyper Beams were no where near as strong as say a Gyarados' considering those normally cause explosions.

Skitty did take abit of a defensive stance for the first Focus Punch.
    ...If you call a defensive stance just standing there, heh...
    V | Faction

Ditzy_Blonde Guest

And lets not forget that the power of attacks are scalled down for contests. Remember in the Dustox/Beautifly contests episode, when the trainer told his dustox to lower the power of his psybeam? Well, same thing can apply.

I'm with you Al, no Skitty can survive that sort of thing. My Skitty, at Lv. 15, was critically injured by a Lv. 5 Pidgey. Skitty's Defenses are so low that there's no way it can survive even one of those attacks. Normally, Skitty are cute, but this one is just too godly in this contest. And, while regular battles may not have the power of regular ones, that doesn't mean that they have it easier. Hyper Beam is still powerful enough to 2HKO. And Skitty shouldn't have been able to take a Focus Punch from a Tyrogue, let alone a Dusclops(although the Attack power difference is not that high, really).

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Had Skitty taken the attack head on, it would've been knocked backwards considering it was attacked the moment it came out. But that doesn't seem to be the case:
    [img135]http://myuu.munkki.net/images/skitty.jpg[/img135]

Ditzy_Blonde Guest

O_o What? Your Skitty must have been pretty weak if that happened. I only train Skitty's in the game, and all of them can hold their own if given the right moveset.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheer Cold
    I'm with you Al, no Skitty can survive that sort of thing. My Skitty, at Lv. 15, was critically injured by a Lv. 5 Pidgey. Skitty's Defenses are so low that there's no way it can survive even one of those attacks. Normally, Skitty are cute, but this one is just too godly in this contest. And, while regular battles may not have the power of regular ones, that doesn't mean that they have it easier. Hyper Beam is still powerful enough to 2HKO. And Skitty shouldn't have been able to take a Focus Punch from a Tyrogue, let alone a Dusclops(although the Attack power difference is not that high, really).

SC~ out
    Ugh. Game stats have no place in the anime. Were it true, every attack done by everyone against Dusclops would've done very little to it.

While I agree Skitty should have been knocked out at least by the second Hyper beam, why are you comparing it to your Skitty in the games? If you Lvl 15 Skitty was fainted by a Level 5 Pidgey, perhaps yours has crap DV's and a bad Nature. May's Super Skitty seems to be stronger than a Delcatty in some ways. If it knew Thunderbot and Flamethrower as well it'd be godly in the anime.

Had Skitty taken the attack head on, it would've been knocked backwards considering it was attacked the moment it came out. But that doesn't seem to be the case:
    [img135]http://myuu.munkki.net/images/skitty.jpg[/img135]
    But it was taken head on. It didn't have time to react, because, as you said, the attack was administered as soon as they popped out of their Poke Balls. May didn't even command a "Brace yourself!" type of maneuver.

Even Will-O-Wisp looked like it did more damage to Skitty than Focus Punch.
    V | Faction

Thing is that had Skitty actually really taken a severe blow from the attack, it'd have flown backwards considering the direction it came out of its ball. Seemed more like it was using its head (no pun intended >_>) to lessen the blow.

The reason for Will-o-Wisp doing more damage was because it was little damage piling up considering the amount of ghostly fireballs there were that were surrounding Skitty.

Thing is that had Skitty actually really taken a severe blow from the attack, it'd have flown backwards considering the direction it came out of its ball. Seemed more like it was using its head (no pun intended >_>) to lessen the blow.

The reason for Will-o-Wisp doing more damage was because it was little damage piling up considering the amount of ghostly fireballs there were that were surrounding Skitty.
    *Sigh*

Yeah, because if it doesn't fly backwards then its clearly unphased by a 300 power attack! Even the points don't lie!

*Jumps off cliff*
    V | Faction

SC~ out
    NOT KOed. There's a difference<<;;. BTW, FYI, my Skitty's IVS are ALL between 17 and 23(level too low to determine it exactly), except for Speed, which is higher, but that's irrelevant. And, as far as I know, it being the Box Skitty doesn't make it weaker than your hand captured Skitty. Any Skitty will be severely injured by a Hyper Beam, anime or ingame, and two will take it out without effort. Maybe if it were a Delcatty, there'd be different odds, but as Skitty..........Nope, not gonna work. Even if by some miracle it had survived, Focus Punch would've taken it down. I'm just saying that the anime makes stuff too easy for lil Skitty, and that they needed to put some more effort into this Contest.

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

And it's because you constantly ***** about the un*****able. Regular battles are not the same as Contests. Contests don't exactly rely on attacks to have full power. And we could see Dusclops' Hyper Beams were no where near as strong as say a Gyarados' considering those normally cause explosions.
    I'll "b****" if want to. You're just being unreasonable. Althrough Dusclops isn't an offensive power house, it's attack power is far greater than Skitty's defenses. I also didn't see any attempt to defend against the first Focus Punch. Also, Dusclops blew away Roselia (a very well trained Roselia I might add) with two or three attacks that weren't nearly as strong as the attacks used on Skitty. Yet Skitty was not only still conscious but had the energy to execute two Blizzard attacks.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Skitty beating Dusclops really ticked me off. I was hoping the whole time that Timmy and Dusclops would win. I don't understand how Skitty won. It really is a super Skitty. All that onslaught and it was still standing?

How could a Skitty's gust blow away a Dusclops' Hyper Beam?

What also annoys me is how May used Beautifly and Skitty in Pokemon Contests before Torchic. Right now, Torchic isn't getting much attention.

I liked how Timmy's mom saw the light. That poor Poochyena...

Jessie was going prety good. 28.5 in the first round, more than anyone else. She did that without cheating too. I wish she didn't go all berserk later on. I wish Jessie could actually win a contest, without cheating too.

I'm sure whatever that Blastoise did was better than juggling three orange balls slowly with a tail and an unsuccessful Blizzard. Although it did seem sort of like just a Rain Dance or something.

In this episode and the previous one, there were three different Poochyena.

I still loved this episode, but I wish Dusclops won 9/10
    Yeah!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast