Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Pokemon should people have gotten/had?

Default What Pokemon should people have gotten/had?

This thread is dedicated to the discussion of what Pokemon a member of the main cast should have. Basically, you name a character, then a Pokemon, and explain your reasons for having that Pokemon.

This is not like the Next Pokemon thread, because there, you discuss someone may catch. Here, we accept that someone won't catch a certain Pokemon, no matter how much we wish they would.

To show you how it's done, I'll say Dawn should have caught a female Snorunt and evolve it into Froslass because Froslass is graceful and elegant, something Dawn could have used in Contests.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Ash should have caught Luxio who later evolves to Luxray, but I know that won't happen because of pikachu.

pfft, we already had a thread like this. A mod came in and said it was like the Next Pokemon Thread even though it wasn't.

So don't expect it to be open for long.

Kingler, my friend. No matter what, you will always remain my favourite Water type. You shouldn't have missed out on the Sinnoh League and I look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the near future.

There you are, I see you in the back there!

Maybe, but either contribute while it's open, or stop wasting time trying to rain on my parade. And just to piss you off, AMBIPOM IS NOT LEAVING!!!

Zoey should have caught a Rhyhorn. With moves like Rock Tomb, Stone Edge, and Dragon Pulse, it could have decent Contest potential... at least until it evolves.

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

I don't see how that would piss me off, as I don't want Ambipom to leave. I'm just accepting the possibility that it might, unlike some ignorant people.

*goes to dig up post from previous similar thread*...ah, here we go:

Quote Originally Posted by CharyZard
    hmm, if I was in charge at the start of Sinnoh and had no idea how great the current Pokemon would be, I would have probably made the teams:

Satoshi

Pikachu
    Budew -- Roselia -- Roserade
    Chimchar -- Monferno -- Infernape
    Buizel
    Starly -- Staravia -- Staraptor
    Aipom -- Ambipom (rotation with Burmy -- Mothim)

Hikari

Piplup -- Prinplup
    Buneary -- Lopunny
    Shinx -- Luxio
    Bidoof -- Bibarel
    Cherubi -- Cherrim
    Mantyke

Takeshi

Turtwig -- Grotle
    Croagunk
    Snover -- Abomasnow
    Bonsly -- Sudowoodo

Shinji

Torterra
    Elekid -- Electabuzz -- Electivire
    Magby -- Magmar -- Magmortar
    Murkrow -- Honchkrow
    Weavile
    *Reserve rotation (Feraligatr, Gliscor, Nidoking, Manectric, etc)*

Jun

Empoleon
    Tangela -- Tangrowth
    Quilava
    Pidgeotto -- Pidgeot
    Ralts -- Kirlia -- Gallade
    Hippopotas -- Hippowdon

Nozomi

Glameow
    Misdreavus -- Mismagius
    Lumineon
    Kirlia -- Gardevoir
    Combee -- Vespiquen

Kengo

Prinplup (mimicking Hikari)
    Breloom
    Magneton -- Magnezone
    Houndour
    Lickitung -- Lickilicky

Naoshi

Leafeon
    Shellos (East) -- Gastrodon (East)
    Vulpix -- Ninetales
    Dusclops -- Dusknoir
    Chimecho (Seen as a Chingling in a flashback)
    Togekiss

Musashi

Yanma -- Yanmega
    Skorupi
    Chatot

Kojiro

Carnivine
    Stunky
    Mime Jr
    Last edited by ShinyCharyZard; 8th April 2009 at 4:26 PM.

Kingler, my friend. No matter what, you will always remain my favourite Water type. You shouldn't have missed out on the Sinnoh League and I look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the near future.

I'm not saying I don't accept Ambipom may be leaving. All I know is Dawn's not getting too far in the Grand Festival without her, especially if she keeps on using Buneary and - God forbid - Pachirisu for her appeals.

Ash should have caught Magby. I always considered Electabuzz and Magmar to be counterparts of each other, and Ash having Magby in response to Paul's Elekid would reflect that perfectly, given that Ash is Paul's polar opposite.

Brock should have caught Shieldon. There could have been an Underground episode instead of the bullcrap during the Oreburgh Gym episodes, Brock could have found and revived an Armor Fossil, giving him Shieldon.

Actually, I think one of the Shieldon in the Hunter J episode was particularly attached to Brock. I don't know, it's been about a year since I saw the episode.

I think: -

Ash;
    Larvitar - To help mature it into a strong pokémon and a power house for the Battle Frontier in the future.
    Mudkip(Dewford) - Would have been good in the Hoenn League.
    Combusken (Slateport) - Would have been good in the Hoenn League.
    Scyther (Bug-Catching Contest) - Evolve into Scizor, strong and quick also a Steel type which he's never had before.
    Fearow (Veridian - Kanto End) - To show him growing in his first season.
    Weedle (Veridian - Kanto Start) - To show him growing in his first season.

Brock;
    Rhyhorn
    Shieldon
    Nosepass

Rock types are his specialty.
    That's it for now!
    Last edited by crawdauntpro; 15th April 2009 at 10:41 PM.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

You're supposed to give reasons! Otherwise, it's exactly like the Next Pokemon thread, which is something we're trying to avoid!

Zoey should have had a Monferno, which would evolve into an Infernape by the Grand Festival. She had to have picked a starter Pokemon. Turtwig doesn't fit with Zoey being from Snowpoint City, and Dawn already has Piplup, not to mention Kenny and Prinplup and Barry and Empoleon.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Osiris View Post
    Zoey should have had a Monferno, which would evolve into an Infernape by the Grand Festival. She had to have picked a starter Pokemon. Turtwig doesn't fit with Zoey being from Snowpoint City, and Dawn already has Piplup, not to mention Kenny and Prinplup and Barry and Empoleon.
    Um you're forgetting that in the anime and in the games, not everyone who is a trainer has one of the official starter Pokemon. Zoey's unofficial starter Pokemon could've easily been Glameow.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Brock - Rhyhorn- Rhydon- Rhyperior
    Dawn - Eevee- Leafeon
    James - Tangela - Tangrowth

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    pfft, we already had a thread like this. A mod came in and said it was like the Next Pokemon Thread even though it wasn't.

So don't expect it to be open for long.
    dude, just participate
    why waste space?????????

anyways, i think ash should have gotten a lucario
    it would have been nice for him to have a decent figthing pokemon
    DIAMOND FC: 2578 6868 6639
    PLATINUM FC: 2585 9519 8864
    I BATTLE FOR THE FUN OF IT ONLY

pokemon i'm currently offering:
    all starters from all regions, many legends, and various others
    pm me with offers and will see what we can work out
    ps: dont come with that "nature" crap, i dont deal with it

NOTE: DS CURRENTLY BROKEN. WILL TRADE, BUT YOU HAVE TO WAIT TILL I GET A NEW ONE OR BORROW ONE

i claim the mighty HANDS OFF, LOL

what about when chimchar evolves, what monferno is a decent fighting type.

I think Ash should've caught a Misdreavus. I honestly thought he would catch one after the Johto League with that minor Misdreavus part, but he didn't.

I don't know Misdreavus seems like an okay choice for Ash. But now I doubt he'll ever catch one.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I dunno, the only Ghosts i could really ever see Ash having are the Gastly or Duskull line.

He so should have caught that Haunter.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    He so should have caught that Haunter.
    I would've preferred it be Gastly, but Haunter did bond with Ash in the episode so that's probably why. But if it was Gastly there could've been a higher chance Ash kept it. I suppose the writer let him borrow Haunter because it was easier to give to Sabrina.

Dawn
    Empoleon(NOT refuses to evolove)
    Buneary
    Pachirisu
    Arcanine
    Mamoswine

Ash
    Pikachu
    Grotle
    Staravia(not evoloves)
    Chimchar(not evoloves)
    Blue Shellos(later Gastrodon)
    Hippopotas(beifriends it and catpures)

Brock
    Sudowoodo
    Shieldon
    Happiny

Jessie
    Scorupi
    Yanmega

James
    Mr. Mime
    Gliscor

Barry
    Infernape
    And other of his team is OK
    Last edited by milenadrg; 23rd April 2009 at 6:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I would've preferred it be Gastly, but Haunter did bond with Ash in the episode so that's probably why. But if it was Gastly there could've been a higher chance Ash kept it. I suppose the writer let him borrow Haunter because it was easier to give to Sabrina.
    Haunter just followed Ash like Jigglypuff, it was never officially his Pokemon.

i think that ash should have caught hippopotas as he had a special connection with it.
    Also i think ash should have caugbht a mightyena i dont know why it just fits him.
    White team:

Black team:

Quote Originally Posted by Echoed-Lives-444 View Post
    Also i think ash should have caugbht a mightyena i dont know why it just fits him.
    Probably the hairdo.

You can't win 'em all.

Talking

thinking about it he may have a mightyena wig lol
    White team:

Black team:

Brock - Shieldon-Bastiodon
    Dawn - Combee - Vespiquen
    Ash - Ralts-Kirlia-Gallade

Brock-Shieldon-Bastiodon
    Dawn-Cherubi-Cherrim
    Ash-Ralts-Kirlia-Gallade
    James-Tangela-Tangrowth

Ash-Gallade

It fits him, and most importantly, IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    Ash-Gallade

It fits him, and most importantly, IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
    yeh it suits him perfectly. but too bad cant happen im afraid lol
    I love Gliscor but they should have given him ralts instead.

Dawn: Drifblim. It could've been awesome, but, sadly, it won't happen. Plus, I wish she kept Ambipom.

Ash: Well, a Gallade would've been cool. An awesome team for him in my mind probably wouldn't fit his character, or what the writers would do. I would've loved for him to have gotten Honchkrow for this region, but it never would've happened. I hae no real reason why I'd like that though.

Brock: Tangrowth. I'm doubting Brock catching anything else. Sudowoodo will probably go to the Gym after the League, Happiny will evolve twice, Brock will get a fifth Generation baby, and Croabunk will become his Pika/Piplup. The end.
    Current Black Team: Rivka (Stoutland), Elmo (Musharna), Scarlett (Whimsicott), Gabriel (Carracosta), Reese (Klang), Sean (Mienfoo); all are at level 47. Currently in Victory Road.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast