Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Take The Lombre Home! (339)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheer Cold
    Overall rating:
    9.6 out of 10!!!!
    An excellent filler, with some science and comedy!! Quite a good mix, I think.
    Your right, I guess Lotad didnt evolve.

Why did the first blast off scene have Seviper in it? Seviper wasnt in the episode at all.

By my count, this episode is the first dubbed one to mention the word GOD! I'm glad 4Kids is smoothing down and trying to teach kids that God does exist.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

The Grand Finale Arc begins with Chapter 109.

Ash will capture this thing.
    Mark my words

Quote Originally Posted by Sheer Cold
    An excellent filler, with some science and comedy!! Quite a good mix, I think.
    SC~ out
    What, filler? We have an evolution, there are no fillers here!

....alright, I'll admit that if you took Lotad evolving out of the picture, it would constitute as a standard filler, but hey, isn't that true for most other Captures and Evos!
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKeckleon
    I throughly enjoyed this episode... I can't think of anything bad about it

Solrock is now the winner of "the pokemon with the silliest voice"

seriously, how can anyone keep a straight face while hearing something that sounds like a middle-aged man flicking his fingers between his lips?

and there's another dub-added risque humor quote I throughly enjoyed (I can't remember what James said exactly though)

James: Well there goes our liquid assests!

Meowth: We'll have to kiss ours goodbye!
    Well lucky you for seeing it! because the uk stopped showing new eps for a whilie(not know how long but no new ep tomorow) so this has aired! what is Lombre's dub voice like?

I thought it was a pretty good episode. It was hilarious how little Lotad evolved. Lombre & Mary's voices seemed fitting to me. I think Solrock kept its Japanese voice. And Skitty was adorable! ^^ Overall, a nice episode.
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by stuarthillman
    what is Lombre's dub voice like?
    croaky-ish... or something... Imaigine Corpish with a sore throat or something..
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Next weeks episode looks a lot better than this one. Indeed this would have been a filler had Lotad not evolved. It reminded me of a mix of the Johto episode with Slowpoke in Azalea town, as well as "A Crowning Achievement" with Slowking. The town in a drought storyline is too overused, which is why the episode wasn't terribly interesting. Next weeks looks awesome though.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKeckleon
    croaky-ish... or something... Imaigine Corpish with a sore throat or something..
    lol that sounds funny! thanks!

Assets XD

Skitty certainly seems to have a run of dumb lucky, and I mean DUMB. I wonder how long it will last?

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Ash: I get it! That Lombre's not thinkin' any bad thoughts, right?
    May: That's safe to assume...^_^
    Max: Doubt Lombre's thinkin' any thoughts at all!

EDIT: So I'm not double posting...

More pronunciation slip-ups on my way of thinking.

Lombre:
    My way - "Lohm - bray"
    4Kids - "Lahm - bray"

Solrock:

My way - "Sawl - rock"
    4Kids - "Sole - rock"
    Last edited by V Faction; 29th January 2005 at 4:19 PM.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Well, 4-Kids did pronounce Lombre right, because it is supposed to rhyme with Hombre. And Solrockshould be pronounced Sole, since that is also aspanish word meaning sun, and that how you say it.

So am I right in assuming that this episode was indeed called "Take the Lombre Home"?

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Yeah, it was Take, not Takin'.

Anybody understand that pun.

And this episode also sort of reminded me of that Johto Filler, where TR was bottling up water and found Omanyte.

Well, Lombre's voice certainly was interesting. I was expecting it to be like Lotad's, only with the Spanish accent. Solrock kept its original voice, so I expect the same with Lunatone. The rain dance was very cute, and as close to the english name of a certain attack as we'll get since the Japanese name is 'Rain Prayer'! I caught the 'assets' quote as TR was blasting off; pretty funny. Overall; a cute little sub-filler featuring Lotad's evolution to Lombre: 8/10

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Indigo Guest

Here goes the ol' pros and cons method again:

Pros:

--The voice acting in this one wasn't too bad. Especially Mary. She didn't sound like your ordinary Pokémon one-day-filler girl. Good job, 4Kids.
    --Science in Pokémon?!?! A refreshing "WTF?" sort of thing, IMO. ^^
    --Brock is the hero again today! And more Mudkip! Hooray!
    --Again, there's that chemistry between the Hoenn group. Brock trying to break up Max and May while Ash looks on and thinks to himself, "I remember when I used to fight like that." XD
    --Is it just me, or is Brock getting a little less stale? Maybe it's the hiatus that threw me off, but he seemed pretty interesting this time around. Go 4Kids!
    --TR used their brains a bit more today. Reminded me of the Cascade Badge episode. Yay!

Cons:

--The drought concept is overused as hell. The first time it was used was all the way back in Kanto. That's a long-running filler plotline. They have to get a little more creative next time.
    --I just can't say anything about Pikachu anymore...maybe he's the character that's going stale.
    --Solrock sounded so strange...Yikes.

Overall, it was pretty damn good. 8/10 from me. And did anyone else catch this:

"And make it double, I'm a thirsty guy!"

Something tells me that had a really sickening double meaning...Oo

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo

no, I think you're thinking too much into it :\

Not a bad episode both Solrock and Lombre had an interesting voice and the TC wasd good as well.

This Episode was'nt as good as I expected.

This episode was completely boring to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo
    Overall, it was pretty damn good. 8/10 from me. And did anyone else catch this:

Lol, perhaps you're looking a little too into things there. Going by that, May said "I've never been so thirsty before in my whole life" in this ep....so..uh...yeah. Probably means nothing. :8)

Robert Guest

I'm glad Lotad evolved through something other than a heroic moment, but the rest of the episode was just boring and pointless. It was devoid of any humor and action at all... I can't help but feel the series is becoming Johto again...

Indigo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Lol, perhaps you're looking a little too into things there. Going by that, May said "I've never been so thirsty before in my whole life" in this ep....so..uh...yeah. Probably means nothing. :8)
    Yeah, but something about the way he said it gave me a weird feeling. Eric Stuart can do that sometimes. He can make something that sounds positively harmless seem positively dirty. He likes to do that with James.

I couldn't really picture James saying that. With May she whines a lot, so you expect it. But James...something about that quote just felt like it meant something else, without even trying to listen to it. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken Trainer
    This Episode was'nt as good as I expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia
    This episode was completely boring to me.
    I'm guessing that's because you guys only had the dub version to go by? I quite enjoyed the original version, but when I watched the dub this morning I wondered why I bother anymore.-_- The music was absolutely horrible as predicted and the voice acting for the main characters is getting progressively annoying as well. I think Eric Stuart is doing the same thing to Brock that he did to James a while ago, which to say the least, is not a good thing. The old woman's voice was alright, but it was a bit inconsistant. Did anyone else notice it was Jessie's old woman voice from "Pokémon Paparazzi"?

Ok, now for the small list of things I liked about this episode.:P
    -Mary's voice was good. I was so glad to see that it was original instead of sounding like half the other filler girls in the series.
    -They kept Solrock's voice, which was somewhat surprising. The thing sounds absolutely hilarious.XD
    -Lombre's voice was alright, I'm glad they didn't make it really annoying or anything.
    -The cultural references were a nice touch. We don't get stuff like that very often anymore.
    Last edited by Heracross; 29th January 2005 at 7:01 PM.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    Yeah, it was Take, not Takin'.

Anybody understand that pun.
    For the last time, the title is a play on a song called "Take the Long Way Home" by Supertramp. Apparently, I'm the only one on this entire board who's heard of them.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

that's not true... I've heard of Supertramp too

"Lonely days, and lonely nights, take a trip to the city lights, take the long way home..."

It was great to finally see this episode today like the rest of the nation. Thanks, Chicago! It wasn't the best episode, but it was fun to watch. I loved Wobbuffet popping up with the binoculars, Lombre's evolution and dancing, and the odd townsfolk. Most of all, I think it was pretty interesting to see a veiled religious episode. Kind of interesting, considering how many episodes shy away from overt religious references (*cough*Enlighten Up*cough*).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast