Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Take The Lombre Home! (339)

ah yes, The Great Lombre...

I'm now completely convinced that the lotad family are based on Kappas (as well as Lillypads and Mexicans)
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia
    This episode was completely boring to me.
    Thanks for that well-thought-out, detailed explanation of your opinion. -_-

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Didn't Team Rocket already pull off the bottle water scheme (a few times). They gotten so bad they're repeating their old schemes. (Though they've put more craters on the face of the earth that a meteor shower.)

Lotad just, evolved. No reason at all, just up and turned into Lombre.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Well, a wacky Pokemon like Lotad deserves a weird evolution, wouldn't you agree? It just kinda fits with its character.

Lotad's evolution was very unexpected, because I expected it to evolve later on in the episode. And it was for no reason at all. But I think that was actually a very clever way to make it evolve, it fits Lotad's character perfectly.

The voices of all the characters were nice, esspecially Mary's. I don't quite remember anyone else sounding like that at the moment.

And does anybody remember at the end of the episode, when Brock started talking about wanting to stay with Mary, and Mary was talking to her Grandmother, then she said (I'm paraphrasing), "Oh, I'm sorry Brock. Were you saying something important?" lol!

Edit: Oops, forgot to rate this episode. 7/10.
    Last edited by Kamex; 30th January 2005 at 10:44 PM.

vulpix Guest

this episode is great in my opinion of course.i taped it this morning! ^_^

KreKitten Guest

i wish lotad didnt evolve...he was dippy and i could relate to that lol. he shall be missed. but i did like when meowth said go rise and shine elsewhere" or somethin like that to solrock lol. annnnd i used to hate solrock but now i think its alright, kinnda cute even. is that going out on a limb? hehe

PKMN Master Travis Guest

I thought this was a really good episode.It was weird how it evolved.Lombre is funny and so is Solrock's voice. It is the same as his japanese one. I liked the Rain Dancing part. It was funny when Max said this " Even the wild Pokemon are going wild.". Mary was cool. Those old people are weird. Skitty was in it too I liked that. I can't wait until next week.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Didn't Team Rocket already pull off the bottle water scheme (a few times). They gotten so bad they're repeating their old schemes.
    Yep, see Fossil Fuels with Omanyte and Omastar.

Frost Guest

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Lombre:
    My way - "Lohm - bray"
    4Kids - "Lahm - bray"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    Well, 4-Kids did pronounce Lombre right, because it is supposed to rhyme with Hombre.
    Well, 4Kids didn't say Lombre's right then. They're rhyming "Lombre" with "hambre" by pronouncing the name as "Lahm-bray." It may seem kind of anal, but the long O sound is how "hombre" is pronounced; it's not a big deal for a Pokemon name, but that one vowel pronunciation is the difference between saying "I have hunger" and "I have a man" in Spanish.

Anyway, besides Lotad's random evolution... the episode was just there. It didn't really lean toward good or bad either way. The Rain Dancing part was terrible, but Skitty's cuteness made up for that. The overused drought/bottled water plotlines were average, but James/Meowth's "assets," line really made up for that. Maybe a 7/10 for me.
    Last edited by Frost; 30th January 2005 at 6:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Yep, see Fossil Fuels with Omanyte and Omastar.
    LOL, you mean Fossil Fools.

My question--Ok, so TR drained the spring. That still doesn't explain why it STOPPED RAINING. So why did it seem like they got blamed for that too?

Another thing that sounded dirty in the episode...Meowth saying 'under his belt' in reference to the Boss.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    Another thing that sounded dirty in the episode...Meowth saying 'under his belt' in reference to the Boss.
    You didn't have to post that! it does sound dodgy!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    My question--Ok, so TR drained the spring. That still doesn't explain why it STOPPED RAINING. So why did it seem like they got blamed for that too?
    That was never clarified, so maybe it WAS Solrock's fault. Maybe it didn't realize what it was doing or something.

I was wondering about the no raining thing, making me think it was Solrock who was actually causing the lack of water for most of the episode.

I didn't really like Lotad's evolution either. It wasn't grand enough for it, but sort of did suit it.

I liked Solrock's voice.

Yeah, the old lady did sound too much like Jessie, and Mary's voice was unique and new.

I'm not sure what I think about Lombre's voice. I didn't like it at first, it's better the more I think of it.

8/10
    Yeah!

Anyone else wondering where the hell Habunake came from when Solarock first blows the Rocket Gang away with Solar Beam? o_O; It just..blasted off with them, as if it had been called out earlier, but it wasn't. Not even in the Japanese version was Habunake called out.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Lindsay Guest

This episode had a good setup but sorta fell apart after revealing it was Team Idiot stealing the water. C'mon they build up to a nice big mysterious drought possibly caused by Solrock only to again have it be due to Team Idiot? Bleh! Also Lotads evolution seemed pretty random.

But there was lotsa goodness like the rain dance it was amusing and fun. Corphish digging up a pot and going into it instead of finding water was pretty funny! Plus Solrock was pretty cool so that make things about even.

3 / 5

A slightly above average episode even if the mystery was a letdown there was still cool stuffs here to make up for it.

Hasubo really didn't need a flashy evolution. o_o It was, and still is, more of a background Pokémon and having a random evolution ain't really a problem at all since it fits its personality.

And I'm suprised 4Kids didn't decide to go with a hermit crab joke for Corphish when the lil' thing dug up a pot and stuck itself inside. XD

This is the first episode I've seen in... 5 years. I just figured, "Eh, why the hell not?"

The evolution was a litte... spontaneous. But corphish makes me miss my pet crayfish that died T_T

DeviantART || Twitter || FurAffinity || Outlaw by me

The Japanese version of this episode is where this sound clip, originally recorded by Murgatroyd, came from. It's the scene with Corphish digging in the ground and coming up with that pot. It sounds hilarious in Japanese.

http://members.shaw.ca/geodudesounds/ash/heihei3.mp3

Geki Guest

This was a great episode. I liked Solrock's dub voice too, is sounded cool!!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond
    This was a great episode. I liked Solrock's dub voice too, is sounded cool!!
    Its voice wasn't dubbed over, just pointing out~
    I still prefer this Solrock's voice compared to Tate's Solrock XP The weird slurping makes it sound much more unique compared to the oddly scottish-sounding one Tate owns...IMO of course ^^

I find it very strange that Solrock used Flame Wheel, a powerful one too.

And about Solrock causing the drought. It hit the earth as a meteorite, right? Meteorites, if they're big enough, pollute the atmosphere with debree for a period after they hit, so rain would've come eventually.

Meh. >_> I still prefer's Fuu's Solarock more than this one. This Solarock sounds like someone was running the side of their finger in front of their lips like them ol' Looney Tunes characters would do when going crazy. XD

And that was Fire Spin Solarock used, not Flame Wheel. o_O

no, Fire Spin was when it saved ash & Co. from Team rockets hole. Flame wheel is an attack when the pokemon engulfs itself in fire and charge a head-on attack.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast