Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Take The Lombre Home! (339)

Default Take The Lombre Home! (339)

Takin' The Lombre Home!

After an accidental evolution, Brock's Lombre is asked to help some villagers call for Rain as there is a Solrock going around causing nothing but Sunny Days. However there is opposition against the use of Rain. Will the Solrock end up going away?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Question What is this ep title pun for this ep?

What is this ep title pun for this ep? Also this ep looks so cool also what is up with lotad just evolving because they mostly evolve in battle?

This thread's title is erroneous - it's supposed to be "Take the Lombre Home", and it's a parody of a song by Supertramp called "Take the Long Way Home". A lot of people around here don't seem to get it.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

The dub title itself is rather..dumb cause it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the episode except for the fact that Lotad evolves into Lombre.

And Pokémon don't just HAVE to evolve from battle. They can evolve out of the blue or other reasons. o_O

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Considering Lotad's goofy personality, the way it evolved seems appropriate enough. A goofy Pokemon deserves an unorthodox evolution.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II
    A lot of people around here don't seem to get it.
    it's mostly because these children are too caught up with their Hilary Duff and Hoobastank to know anything about obscure bands from yesteryear

The dub title itself is rather..dumb cause it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the episode except for the fact that Lotad evolves into Lombre.
    and I'm pretty sure the Japanese titles that pretty much give away the plotline of the story are way better

Puns may be the one of the lowest forms of humour, but I like'm just fine thank you
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKeckleon
    and I'm pretty sure the Japanese titles that pretty much give away the plotline of the story are way better
    Why yes they are since it grabs the people's interest and sparks curiosity on how things will unfold. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Why yes they are since it grabs the people's interest and sparks curiosity on how things will unfold. :P
    and the english episode titles don't somehow?

ah whatever, I'm not even going to argue anymore... it's pretty much pointless

Well, I'll agree that some do. But a majority of them, like this episode for instance, have absolutely nothing to do with the plot except for one Pokémon or so. Candid Camerupt is another good example. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Well, I'll agree that some do. But a majority of them, like this episode for instance, have absolutely nothing to do with the plot except for one Pokémon or so. Candid Camerupt is another good example. XD
    Having a Wailord of a Time: Bad. It was only in there for 3 minutes tops.

Take the Lombre Home: Good. Because Lotad frickkin' evolves. And a good part of the episode revolves around the villages wanting to use Lombre as a means of ridding themselves of the Solrock. So a title like this has a perfect meaning.

You want to talk bad ETR, you talk about HaWoaT, but not this.

Spoiler:
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Yes, Lotad's evolution does play a role in this episode. But that's about the only thing the title's accurate about. Lombre. Nothing about taking it "home" even if it's a pun off of a song. Even bad dub titles such as "Good 'Quil Hunting" give you some form of an idea of what's going on in the episode.

I can't wait to see this episode. I live in the US, and they didn't show any new episodes today. I hope Lombre's dub voice is cool!

Well, I'm waiting for this eppy even from what I hear it's evolution was kinda strange or something O.o I wanna hear Lombre's dub voice It'll be a laugh most likely.
    Thanks to whoever made this. <3

Actually, you didnt prove squat. You see, I find a being, all-powerful, all-knowing, constant, eternal, residing outside of space, time, and logic to be a lot more logical than a big explosion created the universe by accident.
    Logic, eh? Also, note the "residing outside of space, time and logic to be more logical" part.

Something residing out of logic to be more logical... Nice.

Factory Head Noland Guest

This episode looks really good, I like Lombre very much. They had it's voice on Trainer's Choice a while ago, that is when I found out that it's pronounced as "Lombrey" and not "Lombra". I'm used to saying the real name now ^_^

Yes, Lotad's evolution does play a role in this episode. But that's about the only thing the title's accurate about. Lombre. Nothing about taking it "home" even if it's a pun off of a song. Even bad dub titles such as "Good 'Quil Hunting" give you some form of an idea of what's going on in the episode.
    "Good 'Quil Hunting!" is one of the best dub titles out there! It explains the episode and it sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonisgr8
    This episode looks really good, I like Lombre very much. They had it's voice on Trainer's Choice a while ago, that is when I found out that it's pronounced as "Lombrey" and not "Lombra". I'm used to saying the real name now ^_^

"Good 'Quil Hunting!" is one of the best dub titles out there! It explains the episode and it sounds cool.

I was wondering if they showed it's voice I didn't get to hear it's voice so I will still be waiting.

I always called it Lombrey" anyway i'll be waiting to hear it's voice now...

Actually, you didnt prove squat. You see, I find a being, all-powerful, all-knowing, constant, eternal, residing outside of space, time, and logic to be a lot more logical than a big explosion created the universe by accident.
    Logic, eh? Also, note the "residing outside of space, time and logic to be more logical" part.

So the "bre" in "Lombre" rhymes with "grey" right? Of course it's pronounced that way. The name Lombre partially comes from the Spanish word "hombre", which means man.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Heh, now I feel smart. I realized the pun on the word hombre the first time I saw its name.
    ~

Yeah, I know I know who to say Hombre(though I'm hispanic I tend to say it like with out the ey part)

I agree with what you said up there Geodude about a goofy Pokemon deserving a unorthodox evo

wait... did this episode air on Jan 1 on KidsWB or didn't it?

I can't wait to see this episode, not only because I love the ex-Lotad, but also because I'll finally get to see the episode on a Saturday! At long last, the brain trusts at the networks in Chicago have moved Pokemon to its rightful slot on Saturday mornings, from Sunday mornings. Now I can watch Pokemon at the same time as the rest of the nation. Well, I'll probably be taping it and watching it later, but still, I can watch it at a normal time!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKeckleon
    wait... did this episode air on Jan 1 on KidsWB or didn't it?
    No, It's airing like in the end of the month which kinda stinks though we shouldn't complain we got treated with 2 new eppys every saturday

Not more time to wait...

Well, that was the most random evolution ever. I guess Lotad was just too dim-witted to know that he had enough exp. to evolve before this, or whatever.

The trainers choice was right this time. Maybe 4kids finally learned something about battling? I also liked how they remembered that Solrock was both Rock AND Psychic, they showed it using traits of both, not to mention Solarbeam and a Fire attack.

The rest of the episode was rather standard, nothing too exciting.

This was a great episode. What really stood out to me were the voices. Solrock's was quite new, as was lombre's. Mary's wasn't too bad, either. And, Lotad was pretty funny. It just jumped on the well bucket, and sat there. An everyone else thought it was about to do some miracle. I laughed hard at that. Lotad's evolution was rather unorthodox, but it was kinda funny. I liked Solrock, voice and character, and the way it made rain. Scientific^^. Wobuffet's pop-up with the binoculars was pretty funny, IMO.

Overall rating:
    9.6 out of 10!!!!
    An excellent evolution episode, with some science and comedy!! Quite a good mix, I think.

SC~ out
    Last edited by ≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈; 29th January 2005 at 5:20 PM.
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Where's all the excitement needed for this Thread? This is the first new episode in what seems like forever (really only a couple of weeks).

-TC: Might as well get this out of the way. Yay, they kept it simple (Fire beats Grass) so no whining this time.

-There were some great quotes in this episode. I'd have to rewatch it to get them down exactly, but I'm sure ALL who watched heard that *** related one. Ah TR, we love your Adult Antics!

-Voices: Sounds like they went with Jessie's "Old Lady" voice for the Grandmother. I don't blame them. Mary's voice was quite nice. Lombre's was decent, but I'm sure people are going to go hog-wild over it. And correct me if I'm wrong, but that was the Japanese Solrock voice used, yes? Such an odd sound.

-Plot: People have never seemed to appreciate the way Lotad evolved here. I think it fits nicely.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

I throughly enjoyed this episode... I can't think of anything bad about it

Solrock is now the winner of "the pokemon with the silliest voice"

seriously, how can anyone keep a straight face while hearing something that sounds like a middle-aged man flicking his fingers between his lips?

and there's another dub-added risque humor quote I throughly enjoyed (I can't remember what James said exactly though)

James: Well there goes our liquid assests!

Meowth: We'll have to kiss ours goodbye!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast