Thread: Gulpin It Down! (341)

Threaded View

Pretty decent filler episode. It was a good way to display new pokémon without having a random trainer of the week, it kinda reminded me of "Sparks Fly For Magnemite" but with a new twist to it. The professor was a nice character, it's been a while since we've seen anyone like him. It was also good to see the heavy ball making it's first appearance since early Johto. It's nice to see they haven't forgotten about them and adds a good feeling of continuity to the series.

As far as the dub goes, I was really surprised how much of the original music was kept. During the part where Brock is holding the Pokéblock and the Gulpin start to attack, the part when all the Gulpin come out of the manhole and everyone have to fight them back with their pokémon, and when the professor is using his particle beam to get rid of the Gulpin, all the original music was kept (as well as TR's motto theme, but that's usually kept anyway)- definately a plus.

It's still going to take some time for me to get used to Nurse Joy's new voice actor, but I think she does Jenny very well.
    Last edited by Heracross; 12th February 2005 at 5:06 PM.