Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exploud and Clear! (342)

Heh...you should know very well that the Treecko line can't learn Vine Whip. :-p

This is the scene from this ep in Japanese where Grovyle first used Leaf Blade to cut off a new twig for itself. If you've never heard its Japanese voice, listen to this, and compare it to the dub voice.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I new Grovyle can't learn Vine Whip, thats why I was so confused until they said it was Pound.

Though I haven't seen the dub yet, I just saw the Japanese version of this one - and I must say, there was some fine direction in this episode. I love the use of darker outlines whenever a close-up is used, it makes the art look a lot more interesting. And the facial expressions in this one were great too. I want to know who directed this one (and "Poetry Commotion", since that one seemed to have the same style of animation as this did).

Since the dub reruns on Friday, I'll be able to compare it then.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Guys, Juputoru wasn't the disobediant one. o_O It listened quite well to Satoshi. It just wanted to fight abit more. Nothing among the lines of Lizardon.

Bakuongu, however, had the disobeiance issues.

As for Ash wondering what was going on..4Kids dumbed that one down. Satoshi clearly said "Kore wa..?!" during the evolution, meaning he knew exactly what was going on. Everyone but Masato and Haruka knew that the two Pokémon were evolving.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Yeah Grovyle refused to get back in its Pokeball and went up in that tree, but only in order to look for Exploud, not to disobey.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Well, now that I've seen the dub, I can honestly say that I REALLY prefer the Japanese version of this entire show. Few things I noticed:

- Grovyle's voice SUCKS compared to Juptoru's
    - 4Kids can't tolerate silence in the least (the whole scene where Exploud and Gai reconcile totally lost its emotion)
    - When Gai jumps into the path of the corks that Jessie and James shoot at Exploud, 4Kids removed the three that hit him in the back. Point, please?
    - Jessie and James' puns are even less tolerable now that I've heard their original dialogue ("Explain Exploud"; "Stick a cork in it"; "A Pokémon poised precariously on a precipice", which Kojiru never even SAID in the Japanese version; etc.)

Apparently, once you've had Japanese, you can never go back.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II
    Apparently, once you've had Japanese, you can never go back.
    Boy how I pity you.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Just saw this Episode. It will take some time to get used to Grovyle's voice even though I heard it way back in What You Seed is What you Get. I liked Exploud a lot very Touching with Guy. Also introduced part of a Game element in the Trading when if you only have a certain number of badges A Pokemon up to that level can obey you but if it's over that The pokemon might disobey you. Leaf Blade looks awesome, Funny that Ash was the only one that didn't seem to notice their would be at least 1 change. Furthermore was that the Loudred from the Dewford Island Arc or another one.
    I have 3 Swellow's I believe, Swell, Tail and another one forgot that other name lol

Ethereal Guest

Hm, just saw the ep, too. I liked it. Then again, I am biased because Exploud is one of my FAVORITE Pokemon. Both Exploud and Grovyle's dub voices are EXACTLY what I expected them to be, so I'm not disappointed in the least. I found Meowth's vision of Giovanni with the Exploud to be funnier than usual. I always find them to be funny, becuase they're always so retarded, but it was especially funny this time. The only thing against this ep is that I...HATE....TREECKO'S FAMILY LINE!!! I just wish Ash had a different Pokemon evolve, because I can't stand the Grass starter's family of this gen.

4/5...Lost a point due to Treecko/Grovyle being in it...And having TOO much screen time...

Trendy_boy87 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Swellow
    A Pokemon up to that level can obey you but if it's over that The pokemon might disobey you.
    urm anime doesnt follow the games somtime pokemon just disobey look at ash and primape and ash and charizard

just because it doesnt obey doesnt mean you have to have the correct badges it was simply down to it evolution that it went crazy and then it wouldnt obey because it wanted to beat grovyle by it self

......Umm the match?! What happened in the end?! That's the second time they've done that in the Hoenn region. They made it such a good battle originally, with both pokémon evolving and whatnot and then decided to completely abandoned it? It's like watching Tyson versus Lewis with all the pre-match hype and then have your cable operator disconnect it at round two.

Nice episode, expecting/hoping Grovyle's voice would sound the same as it had done in "What you seed is what you get!", and it did, so no mix up there then.

I like the no-nonsense approach also from Ash when they met Team Rocket, "Huh! OLD!!" and then Pikachu blasts them away lol, nice

I think this is the first episode of Advanced Challenge I've actually bothered to wake up at 7:30 in the morning to watch. Go me? Yes indeed.
    Overall, I think the episode classes as one of my favourites of the series. We have a rather interesting plotline, some seriously tough looking pokémon, excellent animation and drawing style, all topped of with a considerable dosage of humour provided by the ever amusing Team Rocket. And it wasn't a filler either. Hooray.

Not to be a typically predictable jerkass or anything (as I assume I usually tend to be), but god-damn, I just couldn't stand Grovyle's voice at all. I really tried my best to like it, I really did. Gritted my teeth, dug my ears clean, sat close to the TV to get a good listen, the whole 'try my best' drill. Oh lored, how I tried. But, I just hated it. Hate with a capital 'H' even. I'm sorry, but with a voice like that, I don't understand how anyone could take Ash's Grovyle seriously. It just sounds terribly stupid and goofy. I just couldn't get that badass vibe off of him at all. BLAH.

....many appologies to all who had to sit through and read that rather short little rant.
    All in all, good episode, 10/10

Great episode. One of the best in Hoenn. Treecko finally evolved into Grovyle and there was a great battle with humor on the side to top it all up. A real shame that we didn't see the winner. Did that with the Nicolai V Ash battle too.

It was funny when Team Rocket appeared and Ash started arguing about the motto being old with them coming back at how using Pikachu is old. Good stuff. I also actually found Meowth's boss daydream funny this time. They're starting to grow on me. The other one that got me laughing was the Bagon one. Exploud looked funny just standing there as an alarm clock.

Overall Rating: 9/10

it was a totally cool episode today and i glad treecko is grovyle now and i rate it
    10/10
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

PERFECT EP

but not as good as gulpin it down

look at my sig for the reveiw
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Factory Head Noland Guest

I thought this episode was quite good, it could have been a bit more exciting with the battle and all.
    Treecko evolved really fast! I'm gonna miss it...it looked so cool...oh well, now we got Grovyle! It's Leaf Blade attack is really something.
    I loved the flashbacks of when Team Rocket were attacked by the Loudred at Dewford Island, they were so funny.

I was actually a really funny episode like when James said "Usually I say you gotta catch 'em all but not this time."

Overall: 7.1/10

This ep was good but a few things.

1)Exploud was NEVER ment to smile! It was ugly at that point! Agree?

2)Grovlye's legs looked wierd at times but his voice was the same as lass time I thought it would be different.

3)I wanted to see who won!

4)Well I thought Gai was a girl before I saw this ep! lol!

5)The battle was COOL and GOOD!

Overall 9/10 A good ep!

Was this the one where Treecko evolved to Grovyle? One step closer to my favorite Pokemon.

I just saw this episode yesterday in the afternoon. I was amazed! Who drew this episode, and what others have they done? The facial expressions on the Pokemon were so cool. And Exploud looks so cool! It even made me start to like Grovyle a little as a real character. Grovey sure has had a lot of character development. He has a lot of dimension. The only other characters that have had development are Corphish, May, and Drew. The others are flat and dull. Yay for Exploud!
    Join the Probopass cult now, and receive a year's supply of chocolate-scented toothpicks!

Mudkip Master Guest

I loved this episode I would have liked to see the battle between Exploud and Grovyle

Seen the episode yesterday. It had very good graphics and the battle scenes were awesome!!! One thing I could not stand was Grovyles voice!!! UGGHHH what a horrible sounding voice it has...when I first heard it I was like that is SO not Grovyle's voice... He kinda sounded like a nerd with a lot of growling on the side.

Exploud was cool... ugly... but still cool since it used Hyper Voice

Oh yeah and Gai, Guy however you spell it, his voice was damn low for a guy/kid that age... And him getting hit by corks and that 'saving' Exploud...oh please.... Gai should just go off and soak those corks for looking like a girl

Oh yeah and I had two revelations I learned that Grovyle is said Grow-vile...I said it like Grow-vee-ul... And the pokemon choice thing...I learned that Numel is said Numb-el and not Noo-mel... Stupid names with so many ways to say them...

The Eh No Make Li'Dat Crew
    Crew|Notepad|PC|DT

Wow, touchy feely. Not really the best, but a nice welcome back Snagger to the world of the pokemon cartoon

DeviantART || Twitter || FurAffinity || Outlaw by me

Shadowcat Guest

Well this episode's the one that is coming to Singapore tomorrow, Singapore Time, Saturday. It looks nice, Exploud and Grovyle.Treecko and Loudred both evolving in battle seemed a bit too much. Though it's quite a good one. I love the cool moves Grovyle does.

Team Rocket felt really vain when Ash called them old.

I may not have seen Ash's Treecko evolve in this episode, at least I even see Grovyle on the succeeding episodes.

I have returned with a new sig on my team, so be careful with Palkia.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast