Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Double Dilemma (344)

Quote Originally Posted by Hales
    I feel really sorry for Edward Elric...
    What about me? I'm on his side...

*feels neglected*

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Hales Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    What about me? I'm on his side...

*feels neglected*
    I'm sorry Geodude... I feel bad for you too!

Now don't give me the guilt trip... you are totally not neglected... heck don't I ask you many stupid questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow
    I have a feeling that I'm going to hate May after this episode. I can't believe she basically cheated against Ash and didn't even say it was un-fair.
    That match shouldn't even have occured in the first place. May should have known better. Ash was tired, his Pokemon were tired, and crowd would sooner tear him apart than let him win. Real trainers (a co-ordinators) know you don't kick another trainer when they're down. They've shown that throughout the series and then throw it out the window to give her a mega-cheap win. That's the number one reason I don't like May and I don't like this episode.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Sure, the match was unfair, but that wasn't because of May, it was because of the mob.

Yeah the battle wasn't May's idea, it was the crowd's. They wanted to see the daughter of their favorite Gym Leader in action.

I think Ash and May should have been smart enough to decline. They should have known it would be unfair and that any judging would be biased. Maybe Brock should have judged as he had no real preference over one or the other. Still, I think May should have been declared the loser for having her Pokemon attack the opposing trainer instead of the opposing Pokemon. That was one of the cheapest is not THE cheapest battle in Pokemon history. That battle was Ash's but that blasted crowd couldn't be mature enough to let it run it's course.

Nameless Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    I think Ash and May should have been smart enough to decline. They should have known it would be unfair and that any judging would be biased. Maybe Brock should have judged as he had no real preference over one or the other. Still, I think May should have been declared the loser for having her Pokemon attack the opposing trainer instead of the opposing Pokemon. That was one of the cheapest is not THE cheapest battle in Pokemon history. That battle was Ash's but that blasted crowd couldn't be mature enough to let it run it's course.
    With all those fanatic fans? They would get teared apart by the mob.

Get.over.it.

You know Satoshi was gonna win. We knew he was gonna win. He knew he was gonna win. He's not overcompetetive. Leave it be. He was being mature about it and letting them think what they want. You can't change someone's opinion if they're completely biased. It's not like the battle had any significant effect.

For christ's sake, calm down and get over it. So she won; big deal. She's not bragging about it. It hasn't been brought up since it happened. No worries about it.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

This episode's moral
    Discetrion is the better part of valor and important to not looking like you need to be covered in A1.

Still -1/10
    I hate mobs, cheap battles, and nutcase fans, you don't agree with me, deal.

If May had directly TOLD Torchic to include Ash in the attack, you might have a case. But she did not.

May couldn't have turned down the battle against Ash.
    She had her Dad's honor to think about. What wouldn't the mob think about her, and her dad, if she turned down a battle? Besides, May was so worked up over all that ego boosting-ness from the mob, that she just wanted to prove herself. And the more the crowd cheered, the more she got worked up. Pretty much similar to when Ash gets overconfident.
    And Ash couldn't exactly turn down the battle either. He had his own honor to think about. He battled, and won, against numerous of trainers, and if he turned down a battle against May, then he would've been labeled as a frightened trainer, who doesn't dare to battle against the daughter of the Petalburg city's gym leader.
    The fact that the crowd prefered to lie to themselves, and only make things happen to their likings, is just not something you can do about.
    May didn't control the crowd. May had nothing to do with their obsessions. And May couldn't help that she, a young naive girl, ended up believing what the crowd said. She isn't exactly the pessimistic type. Not in these kind of occasions anyway.
    But if you have to blame anyone for this infair battle, then blame the mob.

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

I hate the mob mentality. It drains the intellegence out of otherwise reasonable people.

I hate the mob mentality.
    Yeah, mob-psychology is one of the worst things you can get yourself into, but there pretty much nothing you can do about it, even if you are normally reasonable. Hence the loss of Ash.

And like Geodude said, May never commanded Torchic to attack Ash, it just happened. Ash was mature enough to not let May down infront of the mob. Good judgement and overall funny episode.

Plus in case any of you who are still flaming Haruka for that one, assuming she was at fault for Satoshi losing, just remember that Taillow saw the huge Ember fireball and flew up before the attack hit it, making Satoshi the new target. >_>
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

The wall of flame would have gone right past Tailow and BBQ'ed Ash anyway. I don't see why he didn't dodge. He was like a deer caught in head lights.

It went like this:

[img135]http://myuu.munkki.net/images/idol.jpg[/img135]
    First Ember attack hit the two of them. Notice how close the two are together.

[img135]http://myuu.munkki.net/images/idol2.jpg[/img135]
    Second Ember at full power and used repeatedly. Before this shot, Taillow flew up right before the flames hit.

Remember, Satoshi was tired. Taillow was not. Plus considering how fast the attack came in, Satoshi's fatigue wouldn't have allowed him to move in time.

Why didn't May notice this? You'd think even she would notice that Tailow wasn't there.

Nameless Guest

Wasn't May going nuts with Torchic? She was like "gogogogogogogogogo"

Why didn't May notice this? You'd think even she would notice that Tailow wasn't there.
    And that would've helped how? -_- The attack would already be in progress, there'd be nothing she could do. Think a little, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless
    Wasn't May going nuts with Torchic? She was like "gogogogogogogogogo"
    Actually, what she said was: "Hinoko-hinoko-hinoko-hinoko-hinoko-hinoko!" (Hinoko = Ember.) She was just getting overexcited because of the crowd egging her on.

Cause it dodged in the LAST MINUTE. She can't stop Ember if it's right there and Taillow just dodged. o_O

Hales Guest

We're still going with this argument?

I like the pictures that showed that Ash didn't stand a chance in heck of escaping from the Ember.

I also stand by my feeling sorry for Satoshi!

Gaadi Guest

If you all say May cheated, Then you must hate ash too, Ash used a charizard against a chikorita sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaadi
    If you all say May cheated, Then you must hate ash too, Ash used a charizard against a chikorita sometimes.
    That was a one off. And I think Ash was just trying to teach her a lesson.
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

Robert Guest

This was a good episode. It had some good humor and some good battles. I found it a bit strange that the May and Max disguises were convincing. Even in comparison to other disguises on the show, they seemed to be pushing it a lil'... Oh well. I liked the episode.

Meowth and Wobuffet weren't convincing in the SLIGHTEST. People really are getting stupider on the show. It's near impossible for a girl to actually shrink 2-3 feet, as any moron should know.
    X.x;;. Chibi May overload! I can't even count how many times that Chibi picture popped up >.>. I hate it, now.
    Those town people were downright snobs. You can be a fan without killing anyone who isn't. I'm quite glad Ash beat those little boys in the park.

Overall rating:
    7.9 out of 10!!
    A standard filler, IMO. I hope next week's is a bit better, however.

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast