Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Love, Petalburg Style! (345)

Default Love, Petalburg Style! (345)

Love, Petalburg Style!

Back in Petalburg City, May & Max discover that their parents are having a fight and that their mom thinks Norman is having an affair with the local Nurse Joy. Will May & Max get to the bottom of this>

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Hales Guest

Okay I was wondering why Norman was so mad at the end of the episode, I know it was mainly because TR upset his fireworks display (romance *sigh*)

I thought he'd be more mad that Ash was alone battling TR without much assistance

Sounds like a great episode.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this episode in America. I've never seen Caroline get angry before. This episode sounds good!
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

My Dub Guesses, Interesting episode. I wonder if it could get banned
    The Passion for Joy

Thats All I can think of.

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

"The Passion For Joy" does sound good, King Shuckle! Another dub-title I thought of was "Drawing the Caroline" based off of the saying "drawing the line."

I can't wait for this episode! =D

Talking probably not!

Quote Originally Posted by King Shuckle
    I wonder if it could get banned
    i doubt that because it is not like his was having an affair. but it could be edited because in "showdown in pewter city" in the japenese version both of brocks parents left him to raise his brothers and sisters but 4kids didn't like him having 2 dead beat parents so they say she died so they will probably say that she was just jelous.

Same, I don't really think it will be banned. I want to see this episode it doesn't seem half bad I'll be waiting to see this episode of course!
    Thanks to whoever made this. <3

Actually, you didnt prove squat. You see, I find a being, all-powerful, all-knowing, constant, eternal, residing outside of space, time, and logic to be a lot more logical than a big explosion created the universe by accident.
    Logic, eh? Also, note the "residing outside of space, time and logic to be more logical" part.

Something residing out of logic to be more logical... Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by King Shuckle
    My Dub Guesses, Interesting episode. I wonder if it could get banned
    The Passion for Joy

Thats All I can think of.
    that sounds good, that most likely what it is gonna be but you will find out sooon! a few weeks

hmmm...its actually an exciting episode, but boring too...who would actually believe Norman loves anyone else???

離開是為了回來 & lj & icons
    Sumner Sturgeon love the siblings Kana

Shiny May Guest

a good episode, truly great to see how Max and Max are upset about their parents and the Beautifly thing is sweet too !!! Slaking really looks great in this episode !! I think Ash really got a strong impression of Slaking now. A good episode, I love the way the mother was mad at the beginning of the episode. Especially when Haruka mentioned Beautifly's name !!

Expected Dub Title: Back to Norman! (Back to Normal, since Norman is a play on Normal, something along these lines in expected)
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Though I am kind of bugged that this is the third episode with the Love...Style in the title, I am looking forward to having this air. I have seen the pictures and read the synopsis, and it sounds like a great episode

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

So was Norman actually having an affair with Joy, or was Caroline just mistaken? O_o
    Last edited by Jo-Jo; 12th February 2005 at 9:22 PM.

Shiny May Guest

Norman was not having an affair, he was arranging fireworks for his wife
    Caroline just became jealous I think because of rumors in town. But I'm not sure about that, perhaps some confirmation.
    But Norman did not cheat on his wife, Joy was only there for the fireworks

marilldude Guest

I really hope they don't ban this one too. I find it so stupid that this is the third episode where it's like Love...Style. The dubbers must be out of ideas. Stupid dubbers.

The dub title has been announced because the episode will be aired soon. That means that it has NOT been, and will not be, banned.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Quote Originally Posted by marilldude
    I really hope they don't ban this one too. I find it so stupid that this is the third episode where it's like Love...Style. The dubbers must be out of ideas. Stupid dubbers.
    The episode title puns being redudant became apparent when Johto was being dubbed.

I'll bite...

There's Love Totodile Style and this one. What's the other one?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Love, Pokemon Style when Squirtle Returned in the Silver Convention
    I have 3 Swellow's I believe, Swell, Tail and another one forgot that other name lol

Gotcha...thank you. Yah, that's getting a bit overused. Think they still have time to realize this?

I liked Space Skitty's example of "Drawing the Caroline."
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak
    I liked Space Skitty's example of "Drawing the Caroline."
    Thanks! =)

I think the "Love... Style" IS getting a bit overused. But the title won't hurt the quality of the episode any so it'll still be a great episode. I've waiting for this one for months! I'm glad it didn't get banned.

Wow. This was a pretty good episode, and it more than makes up for last week's, IMO. Great intro for Slaking and Slakoth. Slakoth was pretty darn cute in this episode. Slaking was quite cool when it fought TR, and the music was excellent. Norman and Kenny had great dub voices, IMO, as did Caroline. It's nice to see a family reunion here. It was handled quite well, too.
    Fav. quote:
    "This could be bad!"
    "Brock knows what he's doing!"
    "But he calls himself the Love Doctor!"
    ROFL! Plus, his first glance at Nurse Joy was hilarious. He went positively crazy!

Overall rating:
    9.0 out of 10!!!
    A great Before-the-Gym episode. Next week's episode looks pretty promising, too.

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Caroline has to be the best looking mother on the show. I can see where May gets her good looks from, her mother is a knock out!

This episode was pretty good, the "affair" was hilarious. Especially Norman trying to play dumb near the end of the episode, especially with Caroline holding her suitcase.

Ash was really terrible against Team Rocket today, the hell? Seviper and Cacnea were beating Pikachu easily, and Ash even had to retreat a bit. I guess it was to allow Slaking to blast them off.

I was a bit disappointed that May didn't show her parents her ribbons, does she do so in the next ep? They were a bit distracted in this episode, but does May ever show her parents her new pokes, and tell them she's a coordinator?

Also nice to see Max's devotion to his father, and how he's his hero. That was a great line for Max. May seemed to side more with her mother, I also liked how May is still torn on who she wants to win the GYM battle, either Ash or her father.

Great episode (was there any doubt?)

-A LOT of voices changes this time.

Caroline: Obvious because Megan left. This is a change I'm glad about, because the previous was just a stale voice.

Norman: Another good change. Much lighter this time. No doubt this was to differentiate him from Prof. Birch.

Vigoroth: Made it sound less... uh.. "Dan Green"ish.

Slakoth: Had a new voice altogether. I rather liked the old one. Other would've have probably hated though.

And I loved the dialouge used. Also, notice how Norman turns all Yami Yugi on us when he gets mad.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

This was a very funny episode I 'd never thought that Norman was as thick as Ash. XD!
    However, Slaking rocked!! That Gorilla was awsome! It's too bad it's a frustrating pokemon to train in real life. As it is to battle too!

Great episode 9/10!

I like Cressillia

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast