Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Balance of Power! (346)

Daigo Guest

I like this episode a lot. Norman is one of my favorite characters, he is both kind and hot!

JoHn_C Guest

Slaking was in control of the match but then Grovyle kept on attacking and then he learned the move Over Grown which was soo cool! Norman's the best!

lightspeed Guest

This was one of the best episodes with Grovyle in it, Grovyle did really well, but it should have used more attacks to faint slaking. It was also really cool when it used overgrow. Grovyle is the best!

Max is such a b*tch in this episode. lol It's sorta weird and sorta funny cuz he's like a spoiled brat. ftw @ Slakoth avoiding everything. Sorta odd.
    -Formerly known as Banette-

Thanks to xxpoke_loverxx for the banner.

Yeah, Max was a total crybaby in this episode, I would've gone "Shut up and gimme my badge ya big cry baby!" Anyways, I liked the battle between Slaking and Grovyle the most....it was awesome when he used his ability, yeah.

Yeah, Max is woosie and should never have journeyed with Ash, May, and Brock. The little dufus has no point in the show, acts stupid, and has no Pokemon. Anyway, pretty good eppy. It looked like Slaking had heartburn when it fell down and lost. LOL

LOL he did. It was awesome cause Grovyle was like KABOOM and yeah...I dunno. I didn't like the idea of Max traveling with them either, but yeah, it was cool that Slakoth kept dodging all of Pikachu's attacks 0_o

No, this episode clearly shows the sad Ash supremacy...my sister and I were very aggrivated when we see Grovyle+SLaking clearly direct hit each other with Leaf Blade+Focus Punch. Even though Overgrowth made Leaf Blade potentially strong enough to beat Slaking, there is no way that Grovyle, after already have been severely injured, could have survived that. They could at least have made it a tie...and the Slakoth+Vigoroth battle scenes seemed rushed...this would have been better as a two-parter...

Well, this episode was one today. The battle was really good. Also the TR scene where Jessie and James put the box over Meowth and they said "the (can't remember) have voted you off." The name was something bad, lower working, kind-of-name. Max had a purpose before. In the first episodes he used the Pokenav too help them navigate for a bit. Then Brock came back and he helped them with his written maps.

There is my two cents.

The truth was that Max seems so smart and mature all the time but in reality his is just a kid like they all are. Some people need to give him a break. In the last two episodes behind this one, Ash seemed pretty distant in his ownself while everyone dramatized about a bunch of nonsense. And when he gave Max the badge, he seemd to have grown or was still in his own world.

My ideal battle ever!

Very good episode the Battle between Norman and Ash was excellent, I can see why max really looks up to his father. Nice to see Max mature a little in this episode even if he didn't want to except that his father lost, but that's why Norman never let his kids watch him battle cause he knew something like this might happen. Also nice to see that TR didn't interfere this time I guess they learned their lesson last episode to stay away from Norman and his family.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

God. In this episode Max acted like some whiney school boy b*tch. If I were Ash, I would have kicked open the door, punched him, and said, "Give me my badge, you little punk." However This is one of my fave episodes of all time. I don't really pay attention to the music, so if it was crappy, I didn't notice it.
    The Fierce Fuzzball

Ash has no skills. It would've been cool to see Norman win. But, anyway, the whole Overgrown thing was pretty neat. I'd like to see more abilities being used.
    I can understand Max, though. Seeing his father battle for the first time and then seeing him lose...I wouldn't react the same way, of course, but I would have been upset, too. I do hope we see more of Norman in future episodes, though.
    Signatures are overrated.

Stupid Max...

Why did he have to be a jerk like that!!

Ugh, I can't stand that damned ugly Slaking. When it was shown on the screen, I think I threw up a little bit. The battle was pretty cool, but my favorite part was when Max got upset. I mean, he idolizes his dad, so it's hard to see him lose. Yes it's childish, but it's also touching to see how much he loves his dad.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

This was a pretty good gym battle. It seemed terribly hard like it does in the game.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

i liked watching this gym battle, it was a tough one to beat was it?

I like Norman, he's a great gym leader and father ^_^
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

this episode makes me hate max even more what a baby
    p.s. slaking rules!!

Signature Stuff
        Spoiler:- undefined:

Great gym battle.
    I really loved Slaking's power, it was very strong.
    And max taking Ash's badge wasn't nice, max was very sad.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This Gym battle episode was surprisingly good. We got a great Gym battle since Norman didn't go easy on Ash, and Ash fought hard against Slakoth, Vigoroth, and Slaking. I dislike how Max took the badge and started crying near the end of the episode though. He's just so annoying sometimes. He'll never make a good trainer if he doesn't learn to let things go. 5 badges for Ash though, cool. 8/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 9th November 2010 at 10:13 PM.

Really awesome gym battle, especially Grovyle vs Slaking. Love the way how Overgrow looked (especially since you don't see it nowadays). Max was extremely annoying the entire episode.
    Epic battle + Max annoyance = 7/10

I wonder how Grovyle could take so many hits from Slaking, one would think it is very powerful o_O and it would tear Grovyle apart with one.

Yet, this was one of the best gym battles in Hoenn, i like this episode. I dislike Max crying, but after all he is just a kid and he has Norman as his hero, so it couldn't be easy for the boy.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

I'm definitely in the camp that wasn't bothered with Max's behavior. Even if he's smart for his age, he is still a kid afterall. Now I could understand the criticism if it came out of nowhere, but the episodes leading up to it did make his stance clear.

Plus he's shown crying before the commercial break, so it's certainly not left field.

The battle was great. Slaking being defeated by Grovyle was great to watch, it reminds me the battle between Treecko and Hariyama, which was better, but this one was good aswell.

The best part was with Max at the end.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast