Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Balance of Power! (346)

I enjoyed this episode and the Gym battle, Norman was a tough opponent. The only part I disliked was when Max wouldn't give Ash his badge. I understand that his father is his hero and seeing him lose must have been hard to except, but he should know better than to do something like that.

Overall, great episode.

This episode was cool. I really liked this gym battle, it was great! It was odd that they didn't show Slakoth and Slaking's abilities... The battle between Pikachu and Vigoroth was really cool, I'm glad Pikachu won that battle. Grovyle vs Slaking was great! It was great to see the Overgrow ability for the 1st time, and it helping Grovyle win the battle. I'm glad Ash won this gym battle. It was cool to see Pikachu's ability Static.

99/100

I get that kids in the anime tend to be more level headed than they should (Such as Ash putting unnecessary pressure on Treecko for the second Gym Badge.), but when alls said and done, Max is still a little boy who at this point looks upon to his father the most.

And it's not like it came out of nowhere. Anytime that the group discussed the upcoming rematch, Max without hesitancy believed Ash had no chance.

Besides, it gives this episode something more for viewers to discuss.

Definitely one of the best Gym battles in Hoenn. Max was getting a little annoying and at the end he was just dumb. I understand he is just a kid, I think I just stole Iris's line, but it was still dumb... Besides Max, it was a really great episode!I loved Torkoal getting a win because that doesn't happen very often and even though it was a puny Slakoth and even though it was quickly taken out by Vigoroth...
    Last edited by OnceUponATime; 19th December 2011 at 1:27 AM.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

The battle started nice. But the final match was ruined by the slow animation...
    I actually liked Masato's reaction. It reminds me of those kids who have their heart crushed when they see their idols losing for the first time.

I liked that ash was mature enough to offer the badge to max. One of the few mature ash moments of the anime.
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

lmao at Torkoal getting one-shot by a Scratch attack. It was just another Grovyle hyping battle really to showcase its new battling abilities as a Grovyle. I like the use of Grovyle's ability that doesn't get used on a consistent basis. Likewise with Pikachu's ability for that matter. Why he doesn't use them more consistently I'll never know.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Perhaps it wasn't the best gym battle we could have hoped for, but I did think they still did a solid job with it. The KO was just stupid, but I did like the last battle with Grovyle and that was probably the highlight of this episode. Team Rocket's role in this episode was meant to be humorous, but it really didn't do that and therefore, there role became pointless in this one.

This was just a superb episode all around.

Yeah, torkoal's KO was pretty dumb, but at least it beat slakoth, while Slaking vs. Grovyle was just awesome. overgrow activating just made it even better.

Max was a little obnoxious, but hey, he just was sometimes.

8/10.

Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.

Now all those times Max was saying "You'll never beat my Dad/My Dad is unbeatable!" make a lot of sense with his breakdown at the end of the episode. It made me feel sorry for him.

Regarding that, I'm torn between these two things. On one hand, I do think Max was overreacting at Norman's loss. I mean, he's 8/9 years old now. That should be old enough to realize that Daddy is going to lose the occasional gym battle, and is not some indestructible and unbeatable person. Yet, on the other hand, I think people should give him a break. Put yourself in his shoes. How would you feel if you saw your hero lose for the first time?

Again, I'm torn between these two things and don't know which one I truly feel more strongly about....

The battle itself.
    Never thought that Slakoth would stay standing for that long.
    That was one powerful (and amazing) scratch attack on Torkoal Vigoroth did.
    Best battle, though, was definitely Grovyle and Slaking. An awesome battle!
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456