Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Six Pack Attack! (347)

Robert Guest

This was a good episode. It was great to see the ol' starters again. There were some pretty funny lines in here, too. I liked how May and Bulbasaur got along. It started out a bit slow, but I still liked this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheer Cold
    Great episode! Max's abuse of the Kanto Starters was HILARIOUS, as was the teenaged Giovanni in Meowth's fantasy!
    He sure didn't look teenaged to me. Heck, with that lighting, he looked *older* than he usually does.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

*squeals* Charmander~! Kawaii as ever, but still has Zippo's voice. I've always preferred the original Charmander voice(before Ritchie was introduced); it was cuter IMO.-^_^- Nice to see Prof. Oak; it's been a good while since we've seen him in a decent role! I like that TR kept referencing the starters as babies; since technically they just hatched.(Remember what level hatched Pokés are at first in the games?) Nice foreshadowing with May and Bulbasaur...The part with them shaking hands(vines in Bulby's case) was so cute!^_^ Overall...9/10. BTW, what was the 'TR getting drunk' thing I'm hearing about?(as in, when did it happen?) Guess they drunk a bit too much sake.^_^;

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

I think I'm the only one here who gets nauseated with the glaringly obvious "buddy-buddy" hints.

"Hey, were going to let May capture Bulbasaur soon, so we'll let this Bulbasaur stand out from the other starters and have it tickle May's fancy!"

Puh-lease. Next thing you know, they'll have Ash shag a Tropius because they want him to get 'aquainted' with one before his next capture. Careful Ash, it wants your "Pokéballs"!
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Ethereal Guest

VERY good episode. I was surprised. I was very entertained by it.

The Good:
    -A whole butt-load of Pokemon were in the ep, which is always good.

-Team Rocket drunk....Yes.

-A chance to see the old Kanto starters with their old voices again. So good. I actually had my love for Bulbasaur re-kindled by this ep, so I must now restart LG and choose Bulba. ^_^

-The Poochyena from the beginning of Hoenn was back again, and cuter, too.

-Team Rocket was actually smart in this episode, and they made me laugh.

The Bad:
    -Max....Ugh...After last week's ep, I just can't stand that little b.itch of a kid. I mean, I hated him before "Balance of Power", but now, just seeing him in the eps take the episode down half of a point.

Overall: 9.5/10. Damn Max.

I just liked it when Professor Oak revived the classic Security Camera spoofing trick, putting a static picture in front of it to make TR think Oak (and then assumming) May and Max were still there. That was a real classic you know! Oh and does anyone know the history of that trick (in movies or TV)?

Quote Originally Posted by Corvair
    I just liked it when Professor Oak revived the classic Security Camera spoofing trick, putting a static picture in front of it to make TR think Oak (and then assumming) May and Max were still there. That was a real classic you know! Oh and does anyone know the history of that trick (in movies or TV)?
    I saw something like that in a movie about a bus that had to speed around a city keeping its speed over 50, and if its speed dropped, it would explode. I think it was called "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down"...

Seriously, though, that was a great sequence. Jessie's face upon realizing she'd been had was priceless.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Yeah, that was probably my favorite part of the whole episode. It was just so hilarious that the only thing on the security camera monitor was Ookido-Hakase doing that cheesy pose.XD

Other than that, it was cool to see the Rocket-dan finally make their own base, even though it ended up getting demolished.XP It was also nice to see all the Kanto starters again, even though as V Faction said, it was rather annoying to have Haruka take a liking to that Fushigidane only two episodes before she captures her own. And I thought it was kinda neat that Odomaki Hakase had that Pochiena working for him now, helping him track everyone down.

Dubwise, I can't comment on anything as I slept through it yet again. I swear my alarm clock has some serious issues. It works sometimes, then it just doesn't.XP

Geki Guest

This was an average episode. I liked it, but it wasn't great. I liked seeing old pokemon like Charmander and Squirtle again. And Treecko, since all we hear about now is Grovyle. It was funny when Birch almost hit that lady asleep on her Camerupt hayride!

I liked this episode. It was great to see Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle and Professor Oak. Brings back good old memories... I thought Max was hilarious on this episode! Too bad the Kanto starters didn't like him as much as he liked them in the beginning. XD TR getting drunk was also funny. I was surprised by that part, even thought I guess I shouldn't have been. It was sweet to see May & Bulbasaur bonding. Overall, a nice episode.
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Geki
    It was funny when Birch almost hit that lady asleep on her Camerupt hayride!
    That LADY? *sputter* *guffaw* I don't think Professor Oak would like being called a lady.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    That LADY? *sputter* *guffaw* I don't think Professor Oak would like being called a lady.
    I'm pretty sure Geki was referring to the lady driving. Oak was just asleep in the back.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Jynxie
    The Bad:
    -Max....Ugh...After last week's ep, I just can't stand that little b.itch of a kid. I mean, I hated him before "Balance of Power", but now, just seeing him in the eps take the episode down half of a point.

Overall: 9.5/10. Damn Max.
    I don't understand? He has an immature moment in the previous episode, apologizes quite sincerely, but it still makes you hate him so much more than before? When it comes to little kids you have to be more lenient I think. ^_^

Not bad for a filler.

• May shakes Bubasaurs' Vine. A sweet moment.
    • TR gets drunk! ^_^ Can you Imagine the hangover they have?
    • Kanto starters and Prof. Oak make an apperance. Just like the good ol' Days!

Overall, a good episode. 9/10
    Last edited by Chosen of Mana; 20th August 2005 at 7:09 PM.

about TR's drunk sence:

I just noticed that not only were they congratulating themselves on their base and capturing the starters, but they were also commenting on finding an underground spring.

was this in the japanese version as well?

because if this wasn't, was 4Kids trying to hint that they got the "water" from that spring or something?
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Team rocket drunk on water LOL

Max is a biatch!
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKeckleon
    about TR's drunk sence:

I just noticed that not only were they congratulating themselves on their base and capturing the starters, but they were also commenting on finding an underground spring.

was this in the japanese version as well?

because if this wasn't, was 4Kids trying to hint that they got the "water" from that spring or something?
    Well, it says here that it was water in the original, so I wouldn't be surprised if that line was in there, too.

Anyway, good episode. It's good to see May liking Bulbasaur, and we see some interesting stuff from Max, too.

Wow high ratings here, I didn't expect this
    I thought it was so so, Birch was good and nice to see Oak again, Kanto starters yes yes very nice, but an episode with max as the main character was always going to bite
    An average, or not in this case seen as the other ratings have been so high, 6/10

A Max episode happens rarely but this is the worst Max episode yet. But it is a good episode. 8/10 good Kanto pokemon, Oaka nd Birch, May showed lots of hints to her catching a bulbasaur didn't she?

Factory Head Noland Guest

This episode was great, it has everything. One of the best Advanced Challenge episodes AND we got to see a Bulbasaur ^_^
    It was good to see Max, May and Prof Oak have the spotlight in the episode. I loved seeing 6 of the starters, we haven't seen the Kanto starters for ages.
    There were so many Pokemon at the end. Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Skitty, Pikachu, Lombre, Poochyena and Mudkip.

Overall 9.1/10
    Excellent episode and had "Advanced Adventure" in it!

Hales Guest

So when did Ash get to talk to Prof. Oak? I mean he hasn't seen his mentor in ages... let's just say I hope that Ash got a chance to catch up with Oak before they continued with their journey... sorry I have no life

I just got an e-mail that says that when the episode was aired in the U.K., Team Rocket's champagne glasses weren't edited. Could this be another Kids' WB! edit?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

The first time I heard the title, I thought that some buff dude will show up and go against Ash.

It is by far one of the best episodes of Pokemon. The Indigo and Hoenn Starter Pokemon make the Jotho Starters look bad.
    Last edited by Ashy Boy; 16th April 2006 at 12:06 AM.

You realize that the reason so many Kanto Pokemon are present in this is because of FireRed and LeafGreen. That prescence sorta detracts from and undermines the whole Advance Generation motif.
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast