Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Bicker the Better (348)

Default Boy Vs Girls

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II
    This might be the most well-written episode of "Pokémon Advanced" ever - but I haven't seen all of them, so I can't be sure. Regardless, I give props to whoever wrote this week's dub script, as well as the author of the Japanese original. Great back-and-forth dialogue between Ash and May, including stuff I wouldn't normally expect to hear on this show (all their talk about how the opposite gender is pathetic and all that). I'm convinced that Oscar and Andy simply go around trying to wreck other people's relationships and screw with their opponents' heads - both their battles were hilarious (Corphish chasing Skitty and Seviper wrapping Cacnea were both classic). And after a volley of classic Jessie and James insults - which was one of the best-written scenes this week - we get the big Battle of the Sexes (a term Brock actually used, to my surprise). Now THIS is inventive writing: a tag battle between the heroes and villains with one of each on each side, that eventually deteriorates into total anarchy. Great animation, fast pacing, hilarious voice work - this episode had it all. Unfortunately, that also includes the typical ending, but they made it work anyway. One of the best episodes I've seen in a long time.

Favorite moments:
    - Skitty freezing Corphish and then Assisting it over and over again trying to get Torchic's Ember attack
    - James hitting Jessie's soft spot with the ugly remark
    - Both "speech balloon" arguments - it felt hysterically Tex Avery for some reason
    - Dustox blowing away Brock and Wobbuffet at the same time
    - Meowth's "Ow" after Skitty trips them during their getaway

If only they could all be this crazy!
    It was oh okay I guess my favorite moments... - Dustox blowing away Brock and Wobbuffet at the same time
    - James hitting Jessie's soft spot with the ugly remark
    - What Brock says about the sexness thing.
    - Meowth butt dance.
    and how every was just fight.

For those looking for a mistake, here ya go: Jessie called out to Dustox to use Pin Missile. It should've been Poison Sting. In this one, I don't blame them. Why they have to use practically the same animation for both... ?

Also, I'm not so surprised at Brock's "Battle of the Sexes" comment. It's a common phrase, something 4Kids! is fond of putting into the dub, and it's been used before in the movies.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

I really really liked this episode. I don't see how people can bash Advanced Generation as being inferior to the Kanto episodes with episodes like this.

I loved the big attack scene, particularly because of how useless Habunake was. Since it doesn't have any projectile attacks, all it could do is just sit there and scream.

And this one is just begging to be avatar'd:

Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Brocksketchum Guest

Will Ash EVER learn that TR prepares their Pikachu capturing devices to be electricity-proof?
    Once in a while, Team Rocket forgets. So Ash is trying to play it safe, I guess.

Anyways, I was waiting all week for this episode... just to find out it wasn't at 9:00.

That makes me so mad! But I can still catch it on Friday.

EDIT: And I did catch it! Twas a good episode, with the Oscar and Andy couple with their Nidoqueen and Nidoking (they sound so similar too!)

The bubbles were so hysterical. Everything was well done, except of course the dub music. But hey, we can't have everything, or can we?

I can't wait for them to play it again!
    Last edited by Brocksketchum; 9th April 2005 at 1:00 AM.

Eh, the trainer choices are always screwed up (as it seems) As for the episode, I thought it was pretty good. Just seeing Ash and May fighting like that reminds me of all the times Ash and Misty used to fight *sigh* And the scene where James is calling Jesse ugly was just flat out funny *LOL*

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

the diologue in this episode was very amusing indeed
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

MayAsh1987 Guest

I noticed that too, about the Trainers Choice. They spelled Onix's name wrong. What is the matter with them???????????

Overall, I loved this episode! It was so funny! I all ready watched it 3 times in the last couple hours. As what I thought, May and Ash woke up in the wrong side of the bed. I love the part when they first argued where Ash doesn't see himself in the mirror like May does. Plus the bubble faces, that was funny, and May sayin "DARN IT!!!" The battle the sexes was funny even though GIRLS LOST!!!! Thanks alot Jessie!

In a way, to me it was that battle couple fault that made both groups to argue. Even though May and Ash argument started earlier, they made matters worse sayin their a couple and that goes the same with J&J. Sayin that their a couple got them fighting.

I can't believe no one brought about the part where Brock said the battle of the sexes is over. I'm pretty surprised.

I totally loved this episode, the arguments, the fighting, and a sweet ending when they make up. Also proved that no matter what, no sex will ever prove who is best, even though Ash and James won by default in the battle of the sexes.

This was a awesome epsiode! I really, really enjoyed it. The scenes where Ash, May, Jessie, and James argue was totally funny. I liked those anime bubbles with thier faces in them. So great! The battling was okay too. The end was great also. I have been wating for this one for a long time, and now they showed it. I am so happy. I taped it as well, so I am going to watch it over and over again.
    goodbye~

Robert Guest

There were some pretty funny lines and animation. I liked the scene where James called Jessie ugly, and the battles were great. Certainly good, but I can't help but feel that May was just being a different-looking Misty the entire episode... It seems like they're using May to get the Kanto Misty back... Bickering, having to constantly say that they're not a couple, etc.

Miss Priss Guest

The ep just aired in California an hour ago, and I thought it was the best ep so far IMO. For some bizzare reason, when May told Ash that a boy should be in fashion too, I couldn't help but laugh.*shrugs* I AM an advanceshipper, but I'm not going to say which parts I thought were shippy; just cuz I don't want a fight to start between the ships like in other threads.
    BYE BYE AND HAVE A GREAT SATURDAY EVERYONE!!!!
    Last edited by BeAuTiFuL mAy; 2nd April 2005 at 6:17 PM.

OMG! I loved this line

"Me and Cacnea were doing fine until Seviper went an tried to save the world!" James.

I also loved it when Wobbuffet popped out behind Brock and Brock freaked out.

Funny, "sexes" is usually advoided in cartoons.

I loved it, one of the best episodes. Too, funny and I think it was a little random. Like when Wobbufet poped durrign the battle and anoyed Brock (it was nice seeign Wobbufet boothering someone else). It was a classic episode. Nice use of bulbes too. One of the best.
    One day... one day in the future... I will get over my hatred of Betas... when that day comes you will be able enjoy my fics in all it's glory...

Unless you hate crossovers and AUs... then your pretty much screwed...

Wow, I never knew how many times love could be used in a sentence until I heard the Tag Battle Couple...Those love freaks (lol). One of the funny parts was when Wobbuffet appeared and freaked out Brock. And we found out something new, Meowth can shake his groove thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery

Gymshipping Mihoshi *UPDATED 9/28/08*
    Advanceshipping Hope (a new website!) *UPDATED 9/28/08*
    * Shipping banner made by the amazing Arceus Master

Geki Guest

I didn't like this episode that much. It was OK when they battled and in the end when May and Ash were happy again, but other then that it was kind of boring. I did like the battle between Ash and James VS may and Jessie.

Hey, this is the best episode I've seen for quite a while.

The part in the beginning with May obsessing over the mirror was funny, yet a bit random, too.

Oscar and Andy were strange. Actually, they were also sort of random. All they did is come in, have a couple tag battles, then left for the entire episode. But it was nice to see Nidoking and Nidoqueen.

Team Rocket's arguing was hilarious. I never thought I'd say this, but James' too-silly voice was amusing. Of course, I'd still like the old one back (not Ted Lewis). Anyway, yeah, James was funny. His line about Jessie being ugly. Then, right after he said that, he had a funny smile on his face, in the bubble. Then he kept on with the "uglies", and Jessie started with the "La-la-la's (I can't hear you)".

Then the tag battle, Ash & James vs. May & Jessie was funny. It looks like the boys were going to win, until Jessie cheated with her Dustox. Although, it was nice to see it around again.

Meowth trying to get Jessie & James' attention was funny, too. For some reason it seemed like it was doing something else, more like dancing.

Yep, this was a classic episode. I'll give it a 9/10.
    Last edited by Kamex; 28th April 2005 at 11:59 PM.

KreKitten Guest

OMG i know everyone is here saying how much they loved the episode but i have to say it too! i just gotta get it out of me! thank god for this episode man..hopefully more will be like this!

Andy and whats his face were wierd but hey atleast they knew Jess and James were in love! haha. Wobbuffet and brock..priceless man! and James and Jesse arguing.. how could it get any better!!! omg they are too funny! specially the part when he calls her ugly. and the last battle was reeking of awesomeness too! i like it when they are all around each other like that. and when they all started going crazy attacking each other and everything, omg i was laughing so hard! i was suspecting ash and may would steal the ending so when they did i wasnt bothered too much. cause jess and james did too and it rocked. yup i saved it on my dvr and im keeping it forevers.

Ever since the battle with Flannery, the fillers have become more entertaining in my opinion.

Favorite Moments:
    • Brock being bothered by Wobbuffet
    • Brock telling Max that Males and Females have been arguing since the beggning of time XD
    • 2 vs 2 battles! w00t!
    • James' 'Jessie is ugly' song

I gave this one a 10;
    Brock and Wobby together for a mysterious cause. Most confusing battle ever, FUNNI!

My most favorite part was a scene I dubbed "Frozen Phish" (a pun on Frozen Fish). Yes, I am talking about when Skitty's blizzard freezed Corphish and she tried to melt him with Assist. Nice Skitshipping there.

But we also had what I am dubbing "Twerpshipping" (May and Jessie or Ash and James). The TR and twerp double battle was funny. So that's what Emerald Double Battles are going to be like

Takuto Guest

I think this is the bestAdvanced episode so far.I liked the tag team battles and the constant fighting.Pokemon should be like this all the time.Anyways,very good episode.

This is simply one of the most hilarious episodes ever
    I really liked the speech bubble fights, Corphish vs. Skitty (Skitty looks so funny in the scene when they are both defeated, totally different from her usual, cute look), and of course, the Tag Battle Ash and James against May and Jessie xD
    The Tag Battle Couple had a lousy dress sense, but never mind! They were also hilarious anyway.
    I have only seen the original version, so I can't say if this joke was in the dub included too (But I'd say no since I don't know how they could have done that).. but well, I died of laughter when Ash was sarcastic and imitated May's 'kamo' in one sentence. The way he said it was just priceless.
    Well, if I continued, I'd use the word 'hilarious' several million times, so I'll stop right here ^^
    10/10

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Togepi Trainer Guest

I loved James' song! And the thought bubbles were great too!

I didn't like Oscar and Andy though.

Great episode, really funny! 9/10!

This episode was hilarious.

It was funny how Jessie and James were able to interpret what Meowth was trying to get across to them.

Why was the girl's name Andy?

Yeah, I noticed the Onix misspelling too (did I spell misspell correctly?)

The speech bubble part was hilarious. It was funny looking at the James was walking too.

Jessie should stop cheating.

I loved this episode. 9.5/10
    Yeah!

Aura The Wolf Guest

I was bored and decided to watch pokemon (I havent watched it since the first few episodes of advance challenge) and it was actually...funny. It's the best episode I ever seen of this season. James was so hallarious, this is an episode that could get me back into the series again.

It's just that May is so annoying, Max is awesome though so it makes up for her annoyingness I guess. It was funny when Ash was making fun of May the whole episode.

Anyway, It was really funny when James was singing about Jessie being ugly XD

EDIT: When is this ep. on again? I want to re-watch it XD
    Last edited by Aura The Wolf; 3rd April 2005 at 10:08 PM.

THERE WAS A HYPER BEAM OF LOVE!!!

Really, those two guest characters were among the briefest and least important characters of the day ever, but it somehow made them wonderful! I wonder if they spend all their days beating up any male/female pair they come across?

Honestly, on the shippers side, this episode may be the best out there for arguing that Ash and James have no feelings for their current female partners. Ash never even did his fanatical angry denial, or blushed (aside from when May questioned how good he looked).

Who knew Wobbuffet aspired to be a battle judge? Or maybe he just wanted to experience the joy of the Wobbuffet way without the risk of Jesse sucking him back into the ball. I just loved Max, Meowth, Brock and Wobbuffet's short quips to each other during the battle. In some odd way the two groups have really come to know each other pretty well over the years, almost like some freaky dysfunctional family.

May: "Boys, always in denial about their insecurities."
    Ash: "Me, insecure? You're the one who has to primp in front of mirrors."

Jesse: "Who are you calling a couple?!"
    Meowth: "And who did you completely ignore?!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    Jesse: "Who are you calling a couple?!"
    Meowth: "And who did you completely ignore?!
    You know, that might have been the best line of the episode. Like I said, whoever wrote this dub script deserves a hats off.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast