Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Bicker the Better (348)

Unfortunately, I set my tape for 30 minutes instead of 35 for taping (I always go over in case the clock is off) and lost the last 30-60 seconds of the episode, but that didn't stop me from enjoying this episode. Like "A Double Dilemma", I just couldn't stop laughing during the episode. I'm glad they kept the advanceshipping hints, even though I'm not an advanceshipper, even though the U.S. is more into pokeshipping. Otherwise, it would've ruined the episode. It makes me rethink Ash and May a little bit, though I'm still a contestshipper. Anyway, here's my highlights and lowlights:

HIGHS

-- Rocketshipping! Yay!
    -- One of the all-too-rare teamups of Team Rocket and Team Twerp. Okay, so it was against teammates, but still, I love when they work together.
    -- Team Rocket kicks some butt!
    -- Wobbuffet popping over by Brock, and Brock telling him not to do that. LOL
    -- Dustox! Yay!
    -- Jessie/James and May/Ash reconciling

LOWS

-- Oscar and Andi. YIKES, don't get me started on them, they made me sick after a minute.

10/10 for me. I'm retaping Friday so I can get the entire episode. This was definitely one of the best episodes of the season.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Maverick_X Guest

YOU CAN'T SAY "SEXES" IN A POKEMAN CARTOON. MY SOCCER MOM IS GOING TO FORM UBER POWER-RANGER LIKE COALITION MONSTER TO TAKE DOWN 4KIDS...

Actually, yeah.. this episode was pretty cool. Best I've seen in a while. Could've done better without the 20 whatever year old hermaphrodites named Bert and Ernie or whatever they were calling themselves.. but, all in all it was great.

Twilight Jirachi Guest

This episode cracked me up. I watched it at my cousins house in the morn. Like others, when he said "the battle of the sexes is over" it caught me off guard. The odd thing is, this episode had nothing to do with "a new pokemon or anything" just bickering and tag battling thats all though

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    I just loved Max, Meowth, Brock and Wobbuffet's short quips to each other during the battle. In some odd way the two groups have really come to know each other pretty well over the years, almost like some freaky dysfunctional family.
    That's true, it really is. And that can be a good foundation for some actual friendships, should J&J ever decide to actually leave Team Rocket.

And forgive me if this has been mentioned before...maybe I heard wrong, but did Jessie tell Dustox to use Pin Missile on Cacnea? If so, there's a little dub goof, but no big deal.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    And forgive me if this has been mentioned before...maybe I heard wrong, but did Jessie tell Dustox to use Pin Missile on Cacnea? If so, there's a little dub goof, but no big deal.
    *sigh* Yes, I pointed that out a while back.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Well, after watching this again yesterday I guess the girl's name was Andy all along. The first time I saw it I thought they called her Abby earlier in the episode, but I guess I just wasn't awake enough to tell the difference. XP

Transducer Guest

This episode had Advanceshipping all over it! I loved every minute of it The volume of Advanceshipping and Rocketshipping has been cranked up!!! *does a pimp pose*

Anyways, excellent episode. I give it a 9.5/10

Mr Zero Guest

Looks great, I can't wait to watch it in the UK ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Zero
    Looks great, I can't wait to watch it in the UK ^^
    It shows on sunday in the uk! Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Transducer
    This episode had Advanceshipping all over it! I loved every minute of it The volume of Advanceshipping and Rocketshipping has been cranked up!!! *does a pimp pose*

Anyways, excellent episode. I give it a 9.5/10
    I find it strange you can say that when I saw it more as a refutal of both shippings. I mean the way they reacted wasn't at all like what one see;s in anime where quarrelling characters really are in love. Ash and May seemed more confused than angry and there wasn't one blush...

Transducer Guest

I find it strange you can say that when I saw it more as a refutal of both shippings. I mean the way they reacted wasn't at all like what one see;s in anime where quarrelling characters really are in love. Ash and May seemed more confused than angry and there wasn't one blush...
    I respect your opinion. Yes they did seem a tad confused but it is understandable that they weren't expecting the word "love" from Oscar and Andy. However it is true. Or have you forgotten about the episode Electric Shock Showdown when Joy told Ash and Misty that fighting is a sign of friendship/love? And what do you know? In the end, Pokeshipping was revealed to be true. If it were the case for Pokeshippers, it shall be too for Advanceshippers. Obviously blushing is not the only sign of love, ya should know that my friend =P

Characters don't always need to blush to show affection, I don't know why so many people say "OMG they didn't blush, so it wasn't shippy!" which is pretty dumb in itself.

There were quite a few times Ash and Misty fought and neither of them blushed.

Bah, some shipping *does sarcastic dance*

After seeing all the good ratings I was expecting this to be better but from an entertainment point of view it wasn't great at all, unless you're in to that kind of thing. There was a lot of plot confusion and parts that just plain didn't make sense, there was more reusing of animations in this episode then in any other I've seen, and just when I thought TR wasn't going to do their song they squeezed it in 2 minutes from the end

On the plus side Wobuffet mimicking Brock was adorable
    Last edited by Sasuke.; 1st May 2005 at 8:41 AM.
    ive got my i on u :o

[ Stats ] [ PC ] [ Base ] [ DT ] [ Bios ]

I just watched the bicker the better now!
    kinda boring though!
    Finally they won the last match together without fighting!

BLOODY AWESOME EP!!!

i never knew how great Ash and James are together
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Well

Good Points.
    *People Fighting.
    *Wobby copying Brock.
    *Nidoqueen and Nidoking appearence.
    *Advance Shipping Hints. Alot!
    *Team Rocket and ain Charecters working together.
    *May trying to make Skitty use ember.
    *Seviper wrapping up Cacnea.
    *Corphish and Skitty's fight.
    *Jessie and James Hints!

Bad Points.
    *That couple was annoying!
    *The whole "Show us the love" thing. Ah!
    *Max he wasn't very involed in this episode.

10/10 A great episode!

Factory Head Noland Guest

I just watched this episode and I thought it was excellent, there were loads of battles and it was just so funny.
    I loved the battle between Ash, James, May and Jessie when it ended up Skitty, Corphish, Seviper, Cacnea and Dustox all attacking each other.

[img135]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/houen/348/AG265.jpg[/img135]

The loved up couple were kinda weird 0_o;;

Overall 8.9/10
    Great episode, lots of battling and very funny.

KaiX Guest

I quite Liked this episode. I found it very funny or maybe it seemed funny cuz i was tired. w/e

I absolutely ADORED this episode! There were loads of funny things:

Wobbuffet imitating Brock
    The fights where you saw their heads in the bubbles
    James singing 'Jessie is so ugly!'
    Corphish chasing Skitty
    Corphish battling with Skitty
    Corphish scupture
    And more!

But what I hated were:

Andy and Oscar
    An episode that starts more 'OMG!!! ASH AND MAY FOREVER!!!1'

Overall, 9/10.
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

This episode was pretty boring to me.

An alright episode all in all. Is it just me or was the animation of Nidoking and Nidoqueen alot smaller than normal? They looked squashed o_O

The only part I enjoyed was Brock swooning, saying he would endure all sorts of attacks for her love. And then when Wobbuffet was imitating him.

The couple were indeed annoying, "Show us the love with your powerful [insert attack here]!" ¬_¬

7 / 10
    Pokemon Y ~ Kaya
    Friend Code: 3067-5666-7967
    Friend Safari: Fraxure, Druddigon, Noibat

I realy love this episode its so full of advanceshipping isnt it ?

Banner made by May_Beautifly. Im in the May fan club.

Banner made by Rufinito18.

WindyNight Guest

AdvanceShipping...Well, I guess there were some hints....
    I think this is a funny episodes..
    My favourite part is when Skitty freezed Corphish with Blizzard Attack...lol
    Overall, I give a raing 7/10 for the episode..^_^

Blaziken master Guest

One of my fave advanced episodes"Ugly,ugly,ugly,la la la not listening"Just love that quote!I also loved the part where dustox attacked Brock and wobbufet

XDLord Guest

Lol, this eppy was hilarious and I only watched 15 minutes.

Well, I can't rate if I watched only part of it, so oh well.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast