Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grass Hysteria! (349)

stigy Guest

Great episode. But why couldn't TR just have crushed Ash and Co instead of doing their motto?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Pokemon Master

While I'm talking about May, though, am I the only one who thought I heard her say "strip mall"? >_>
    I heard her say "strip mall" too, and a dirty thought crossed my mind as she said that, knowing May's character and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    I heard her say "strip mall" too, and a dirty thought crossed my mind as she said that, knowing May's character and all.
    Yeah, and it's strange. The only other thing I could think of that she may have said was "street mall", but I have no idea if those 2 words even exist together like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MayAsh1987
    Bulbasaur sounds a little bit like Larvitar, and Venasaur sounds to me like Rapheal from Yu-gi-oh or its just me. Don't know.
    Yeah, I thought Bulbasaur sounded like Larvitar, too. And same with the Venusaur thing. But I was thinking Don Krieg (sp?) from One Piece. I guess all 3 of them have the same voice actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Pokemon Master
    Yeah, and it's strange. The only other thing I could think of that she may have said was "street mall", but I have no idea if those 2 words even exist together like that.
    There are such things as strip malls, it's like little strips of a mall not a mall for stripping >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeballs
    There are such things as strip malls, it's like little strips of a mall not a mall for stripping >.>
    Oh. ^^

That makes sense. Sorry, I just don't think I've ever heard of "strip malls" before, so what did you expect me to think?

It was funny when Team Rocket blasts off because Wobbufet was still stuck to the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Espeon
    Wow, people have never heard of strip malls before? They're generally the same length as a regular mall, though only one-story and a little compact.
    I've discovered that a lot of people here are weird. It's to be expected.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    The whole "pull down a lower eye lid and stick out the tongue" thingy.
    ah-cha, so that's what it's called

it's very easy to tell it's an insult, even if it is a "japanese only" one, it's been done in anime countless times

anyway, abouts the episode, I found it kinda "meh"

May's conversation with bulbasaur was kinda amusing, as was Team Rocket's Old Lady robot
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

9.7 out of 10,
    The new bulbasaur kinda reminded me of Larvitar (you remember him, don't you?), I've never seen Oddish's and Sunflora's mad before, but still cute (we also saw all 3 cottenweed evos, hoppip, skiploom and jumpluff).

One more thing, Mecha Mean Old Lady Mach 1 was great name for newest mecha. Wobuffet's turn out compartment was pretty funny (make it an avatar!!!).

Well, after five straight great/pretty good episodes, they were bound to have an episode that wasn't as great. I really liked bulbasaur, and I'm glad it and May bonded in the episode (and I'm glad to see May catch a new pokemon after what happened with swablu a while back), but the main plot wasn't all that great. The real highlights of the episode for me was Ash going to rescue May (*chants* I'm a contestshipper, I'm a contestshipper *chants* Okay, so the Ash/May stuff was nice, but I'd hate to get torn between two ships for one person like I was with Xena) and Wobbuffet's many cameos. It was cute how Wobbuffet kept appearing from the turning door. LOL
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II
    I've discovered that a lot of people here are weird. It's to be expected.
    Er...just because I've never heard of strip malls, doesn't mean I'm weird. O_o

Robert Guest

The episode wasn't very good. I thought it was a bit odd how they often referred to the "wrath of the grass Pokemon" when most of the ones they showed were not especially powerful. I didn't like how Venasaur's voice was almost lighter than Bulbasaur's voice, either. And I'm glad May has another Pokemon, but we've had a Bulbasaur as part of the crew for over 200 episodes... On the bright side of things, I liked some of Wobbuffet's random entries and Ash holding May. I also liked Bulbasaur and his flower... That's a great picture.

But why couldn't TR just have crushed Ash and Co instead of doing their motto?
    That was the very first thing I thought of when I saw that scene... 0__o

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II
    And Wobbuffet spinning around on that little door was hilarious - I burst out laughing the first time I saw that.
    Agreed, agreed. XD I just finally saw this ep in English.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I'm just wondering if the Poochyena were dubbed, because when I heard their shadow ball cry, it sounded like they were actually saying "Poooochey--ena!!".

Quote Originally Posted by Corvair
    I'm just wondering if the Poochyena were dubbed, because when I heard their shadow ball cry, it sounded like they were actually saying "Poooochey--ena!!".
    Nope. If they are, then that's one soft voice being used.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Isn't Poochyena's Japanese name Pochiena anyway?

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Yeah; Poochyena basically kept its Japanese name...and I heard them saying their name when throwing the Shadow Balls.

vulpix Guest

you know the only reasoni like this episode is because of how cute Bulbasaur was!

i noticed that no one has mentioned this......there were no Hoenn grass type pokemon in that entire garden. unless i missed something, it was nothing but a bunch of Skiploom, Sunflora, and oddish (and respective evolutions). this just seems odd to me since, duh, the gang's in Hoenn. wouldn't there have been at least one Hoenn pokemon in there? otherwise, this was a nice episode.

i also noticed another thing. some people have mentioned that Advanced shippers would like this episode. while i guess i would have to agree, i would also have to burst their bubble (sorry :P) since Brock and Max showed as much concern as Ash did (so hey, everyone can claim it as evidence of this or that ship ).
    Currently playing: Pokemon XD:Gale of Darkness

# of Shadow Pokemon: 83
    # of Pokemon Purified: 83 (yes!)

Also playing: Black and White 2

Up to: Land 6

I am also Blackcat88 at Fanfiction.net http://www.fanfiction.net/~blackcat88

Ahhhhhh *Faints in the sight of all the Grass type Pokemon*

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcat88
    i noticed that no one has mentioned this......there were no Hoenn grass type pokemon in that entire garden. unless i missed something, it was nothing but a bunch of Skiploom, Sunflora, and oddish (and respective evolutions). this just seems odd to me since, duh, the gang's in Hoenn. wouldn't there have been at least one Hoenn pokemon in there? otherwise, this was a nice episode.
    Yeah no Shroumish ect. But the end was kinda wierd. If I didn't know what was gonna happen I would of though another Swablu sinaerio.

However Team Rocket's machine was funny. But seeing all those grass types from Johto was good and a Vensaur Yay!

8/10 alright i guess.

Factory Head Noland Guest

Just watched this episode.

This was such a great episode, I never watched the Japanese version of this so it was all a surprise.
    I love Bulbasaur, May's Bulbasaur is so kawaii! It's such a great addition to her team.

I thought it was wierd about the Grass type Pokemon aswell, they could've thrown in a Treecko, Shroomish and a Seedot in there somewhere.

Overall: 9.5/10
    I love Bulbasaur, this episode was excellent and Grass types rock!

I thought this ep was great too ^
    First off the bat I just love grass pokemon so it would always be good, not to mention Hoenn is my least favourite gen so I didn't even notice they were missing Ash and May holding hands was cute, Venusaur using solar beam was awesome =| continuty!-Wobuffet was still attatched to that revolving door when they blasted off! Overall 8/10

Some little things to clear up though as always ... Ash jumped off that 20ft fence? o_0; I'd have expected him to be lying at the bottom with two broken legs when the rest of the gang followed him later on. Also the pokemon all seemed to be able to understand human despite never having been in contact with any, remember, it's forbidden. And does anyone know what happened to Skarmory?
    ive got my i on u :o

[ Stats ] [ PC ] [ Base ] [ DT ] [ Bios ]

Geki Guest

The episode was pretty cool, I like May's new Bulbasaur. I knew Venusaur was going to use Solarbeam on TR too!!

7/10

Venusaur was awesome in this episode.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast