Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whiscash and Ash (351)

MayAsh1987 Guest

I liked this episode, it was funny. I like episodes where people act stupid like Ash losing his badges again. In a way, I could of sworn I seen something similiar, I don't remember, but how Whiscash taunting Ash, reminded something I seen. Its not MOby Dick story.

I love all the different expressions used in this episode, all the panicking, faliure, happy, sad, laughing, mad, so many feelings! I like Flaffy, the aminators made it cute and fierce which to me was surprising. Then the Master Ball gettin' eatin' by Nero. That was funny. Jesse hair gettin' eaten by a Feebas was funny too.

Sullivan was a great side character. I like when AMM&B called Sullivan legend. Made me laugh, and how Max put him down.

Overall, good episode, voices was actually fantastic for once, like Sullivan voice, and Ash's voice was aggressive in this one which me like! Plus all the others!

I rate this 8.9 out of 10! Great filler!

it was scary when Ash almost died (that would've been the 3rd time!). Overall, it was a really good episode, I give it 8/10.

Ah, Ash's stupidity returns once again. I like the new mature Ash but seeing Kanto Ash is always nice.

I noticed that the word 'God' is popping up in the anime more often (in the Solrock episode, in "Love, Petalburg Style!" when Caroline says "Good God"). Maybe they couldn't say the word 'God' in the early days because Pokemon was more popular and parents would be having a fit about Pokemon teaching religion or some other stuff like that.

One moment I thought was funny was when Max got his fishing rod in between the two stumps on the first try and Sullivan got depressed over that. Everyone's facial expressions were funny.

Very funny episode: 9/10

Gymshipping Mihoshi *UPDATED 9/28/08*
    Advanceshipping Hope (a new website!) *UPDATED 9/28/08*
    * Shipping banner made by the amazing Arceus Master

She said good lord, and in the Lombre episode I think he was the Lord of the Water or something.......

Lord is not as bad as god, apparently, but still hearing god said like 3 times is amazing!

I can't believe some of the criticism that has been voiced here on this episode (not the below quote but others). How can anyone be upset that they included a Master Ball? Of course, they're rare, that's why Sullivan said it took him fifty years to get his hands on one. Some people are hard to please here...

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Ash WTF moment #3: Ash somehow lifting the giant Wishcash in the air, when the Wishcash probably weighs like 200 pounds or something.
    It actually made a lot of sense. by getting in front of Nero, Ash was able to use its forward momentum against it, like pulling something toward you that is already coming toward you.

This episode was so full of energy! It almost felt like I was watching a different show altogether. Lots of great expressions and great voice acting, I loved Mr. Sullivan, the fishing god! ^_^

And what about that incredible Flaaffy? I didn't think it was possible to make that thing look vicious but sheesh, it looked homicidal at times! :scared: I guess it was angry after being denied an anime appearence as a non-illusion Pokemon for so long.

Other great scenes:

*Max unintentionally destroying Sullivan's pride time and again*

*The whole "drowning Ash and the Pikachu lure" thing*

*Jessie's hair being attacked again, and again, and again*

*A huge eruption of water reveals! ... a tiny Magikarp!*

Meowth: "A Whiscash? Those things are near impossible to find."
    *a small Whiscash leaps by him*

*Ash going nuts again and again, we haven't seen him lose his cool like that in a while, it's always fun to see him so full of passion*

*Ash's action-hero moves to get Whiscash on land*
    Last edited by Pokemon Fan; 23rd April 2005 at 8:57 PM.

Yes, this was definately Kanto busting into Hoenn (It's especially nice after the crap Johto like filler we got last week.)

A guest character who was face faulting funny. Sullivan, the self proclaimed fishing god.     Spoiler:

Facial expressions you can't help but laugh at.

Good humor all around (and no I'm not talking about ice cream).

The characters actually fishing (something that is common in the games but rarely scene, even while Misty was around).

A episode based on fishing (unprecedented).

The flaafinator. XD

And of course the Master Ball eating. (I still think it would have been great if the Master Ball just caught him but poor Sullivan would be without purpose.)

The Big Al's rating
    8.7 out 10

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I thought this was a good episode. It was also pretty funny. I thought it was funny when Sullivan kept on catching small Pokemon. It was also funny when Feebas kept on biting Jessie's hair. That scene where they showed all the Hoenn gym leaders was also good. The only thing I didn't like was Sullivan's voice. I think they could of done better.

Rating - 9/10
    "The strongest Pokémon... Is this... the fulfillment of my dream?" --Dr. Fuji
    Brock: And I decided I want you to be my partner!
    Girl: What?!

Everything was very cute, the whiscash had a neat voice. Reminds me of Slowpoke kinda. That feebas that kept biting on to Jessie's hair was funny, maybe the Magikarp guy should sell Feebas one day. He does appear again in the Chimecho ep and Pearls are a Spoink's best friend.

Robert Guest

Thumbs up

This was one my favorite fillers ever... The animation was some of the best ever, and there were all sorts of funny moments, from Jessie getting her hair eaten to Sullivan being so easy flattered into doing favors. I liked the battles near the end, and I think it was funny to see a Flaaffy act so savage... I loved seeing a Master Ball, and I thought it was great that it got eaten; mostly because it was funny. Also because Ash and Co. always seem to run into someone who have been trying to do something for years and then the one day they visit just happens to be the one the person accomplishes the goal... Great twist. The only thing I disliked about the episode was the scene where Ash almost drowned... Seemed odd. Still an awesome episode, though.

I've been looking forward to this episode since it first aired in Japan, and it's excellent

all the good points have been mentioned already, so I don't need to repeat them

however, I was a little surprized that Sullavin proclaimed himself to be a "fishing god", but it's was quite good
    Last edited by PDL; 24th April 2005 at 7:55 PM.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Nice episode.

Meh, I don't feeling like listing out the good points, right now. They were already mentioned anyway. But it was a funny episode, Sullivan really spiced it up with his humor. And the Masterball thing. Yup, good stuff.

And I guess Sullivan has to spend more exciting years finding Nemo...er, Nero. ^^

I'll give this episode an 8/10.

I loved this episode, it was so funny! Sullivan doing things because they called him a legend, Ash tripping over the bucket, Nero eating the Master Ball, Hannah the scary Flaafy...XD! Stupid Jessie! She shooed off one of the rarest Pokemon in Hoenn! That must have been torture to the people who have yet to catch a Feebas! Sure, this episode was a filler, but the humor more than makes up for it! I give it a 9/10.

(o)

(o) >

Last edited by Silver Ryu; 25th April 2005 at 4:16 AM.

This lovely banner was made by Faerie.
    My Devaintart gallery
    Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
    trouble remembering how to fly
    Oh, and I claimed Sora from the Kingdom Hearts games in the bishie thread. ^^

LOL, Sullivan was absolutely hilarious in this episode. I loved the exaggerated faces and his smarmy voice. It was great. I also liked Jessie accidentally catching the feebas with her hair three times. Overall, very funny episode. It was a little distressing to see Ash drown, though. That's unusually serious for the show (even the dewgong bit in "The Joy of Pokemon" and the fantasy in "Pokemon Shipwreck" had cutaways).

8/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut
    It was a little distressing to see Ash drown, though. That's unusually serious for the show (even the dewgong bit in "The Joy of Pokemon" and the fantasy in "Pokemon Shipwreck" had cutaways).
    You think that's bad, just wait until 4Kids releases the first Misty HoSo.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

So Sullivan had been hunting that Whiscash for 50 years, yet didn't know that it was part Ground type? XD

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    So Sullivan had been hunting that Whiscash for 50 years, yet didn't know that it was part Ground type? XD
    yea...i kno that's kinda FUNNY...OH GREAT MASTER...isn't he...LOL

but the funny thing was Max putting the guy down LOW LOW...with his HONEST WORDS...:P LOL
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Great episode. But one thing I just wanna say.

Imagine being Ash. Wouldn't it totally suck to get your badges stolen... then you dive underwater for it... only to drown to death? That would have been a sad way to end your journey towards being a Pokemon Master.

Anyhoo, great episode like everyone said. I was expecting your typical filler, but didn't expect THIS many humor. Usually the humor we get are lines made by James. But in this episode, more of the funny things were definitely from Sullivan.
    Cloning is a glitch in the game. Abusing a glitch is cheating. Therefore, if you clone. You cheat.
    The cloning glitch may or may not screw up your Emerald game, but I hope it'll screw up your Diamond/Pearl game if and when you trade it over.

IF YOU CHEAT, YOU'RE A PATHETIC LOSER!

I've gotta say, this is one of the best episodes of Advanced Generation I've ever seen, and there are only about 20 I haven't viewed in one language or another.:P The animation was simply excellent and really brought out the humor of the episode, and the fishing master was easily one of the funniest one-shots since the guy in charge of building the Giva Dam.

I really wish the animation would be this good every week, the use of thick lines to accentuate action is always cool, and everyone's outrageous expressions throughout the whole episode were absolutely hilarious.

I agree with you Heracross...even though it wasn't a IMPORTANT ep...it was a good noo noo...and EXCELLENT filler
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

I thought this was a hilarious episode. Sullivan was a great character; I wouldn't mind the gang meeting him again someday. It's not everyday you see a filler character with a unique (and hilarious) personality. I also thought it was funny how Max kept shaming Sullivan so easily! XD Overall, one funny episode!
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

Ashfan17 Guest

Ok Ash has lost his badges tons of times but still a hoot. It was a very funny episode and to see Ash almost die again like that is just heart breaking, though I knew he wouldn’t die from the images on Serebii's site lol so I knew before hand. I was hoping the fisherman guy was in the Hoeon league and was going to be one of Ash's competitions but oh well. I liked the episode very well done; animation has defiantly improved over the years. How many times has Ash almost died? Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfan17
    How many times has Ash almost died? Very sad.
    Well, let's see...

- "Pokémon! I Choose You": Almost mauled by a flock of Spearow; nearly drowns in river
    - "Pokémon Shipwreck": Stranded in the sunken St. Anne; attacked by five Gyarados
    - "Abra and the Psychic Showdown": Almost falls off a cliff
    - "The Tower of Terror": Crushed under a fallen chandeleir
    - "Pokémon Scent-Sation": Risks own life by running into the burning Celadon Gym to save Gloom
    - "The Ninja-Poké Showdown": Almost falls through a trick wall in the Fuschia City Gym
    - "The Legend of Dratini": Nearly drowns trying to retrieve dynamite from the bottom of a lake
    - "Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon": Trapped in a cave-in in Grandpa Canyon after an explosion
    - "Holiday Hi-Jynx": Nearly drowns again trying to swim to the North Pole while towing a raft
    - "Snow Way Out": Trapped in an ice cave by an avalanche
    - "The Pi-Kahuna": Nearly drowns again after being knocked unconscious while surfing
    - "Pokémon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back": Nearly drowns again in the ocean after boat capsizes; turned to stone by Mewtwo and Mew's attacks
    - "A Scare in the Air": Miraculously survives crash landing on rickety, dilapidated blimp
    - "The Joy of Pokémon": Nearly drowns again while smothered with hugs by a Dewgong
    - "Pokémon Food Fight": Almost eaten by his own Snorlax while disguised as an apple
    - "The Stun Spore Detour": Stricken with paralysis after a Vileplume attack

There's undoubtedly more, but they're likely in that "I-quit-watching" gap between "The Light Fantastic" and "Exploud and Clear". Anyone care to add on?

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Yeah, the AshApple one was pretty funny you know. [cbg]Best, Gag, Ever![/cbg]

I was wondering when the MB would show up in the anime.

Flame The Blaziken Guest

Oh my god. That episode was just simply -hilarious-. I felt like smacking the crap outta Jessie for letting a FEEBAS go. XD Also, it was just.. XD man when the whiscash ate the masterball. This proves that 'god' is stupid, seriously. XD

Over all, I think it a great episode... XD

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast