Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Fan With A Plan! (353)

Default A Fan With A Plan! (353)

A Fan With A Plan!

Now in Ruibosu City, May meets a co-ordinator who is going to take part in the upcoming contest, which requires 1 ribbon to enter. However, Jessie doesnt have 2 ribbons in order to enter and intends to steal them. Can she be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Formiddable Enemy?! Mother Co-ordinator Enters!

Now in Ruibosu City, May meets a co-ordinator who is going to take part in the upcoming contest, which requires 1 ribbon to enter. However, Jessie doesnt have 2 ribbons in order to enter and intends to steal them. Can she be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
    it says you need 1 ribbon to enter but it says jessie doesn't have 2 ribbions to enter with but it says you only need 1 to enter. also i thought of one dub title for this ep

-reading between the lairons- (pun on the phrase reading between the lines)
    Last edited by Torkoal Stu; 1st January 2005 at 7:57 PM.

My Predicted Title
    ~Mother May I?

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

Okay, to clear some stuff up:
    The dub title is "A Fan with a Plan".
    Masquerain does have his M7 voice, Larion's voice is fitting.

I saw them in the ad that was shown on WB today, they did the "Pikachu's got something to tell us" thing like with Baltoy. It did show their voices, Larion does sound cool.

Man, the Pokemon Trainer Trivia thing in the dub claimed that Arbok evolved into Seviper! Also, the dub used "god" and "die" in this episode. Man, this episode was intresting...

EDIT: Also, my sister noticed how coincidentally this episode aired before Mother's Day.
    Last edited by Rex Kamex; 7th May 2005 at 4:33 PM.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

-Worst. Trainer's Choice. EVER. I can put up with bad type matchings and such, but claiming that Arbok evolves into Seviper is too blatent of a mistake to ignore.
    -Uh-oh! FANGIRLS! May and Shuu, run for your lives!
    -...Brock TRIED to do something useful. I guess it's an improvement.
    -This ep. didn't wow me all that much.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

One thing to say.........XD!!!!!
    Turnip Thief! Great line for Brock. And the tomato observation was pretty good too. TC was REALLY messed up, of course. The evolution LOOKS possible, but any fool knows that's not what happens.
    TR's motto was funny 'cause of the lack of enthusiasm. Dustox appears too, which is always good. And Wobuffet battles!1!1!!1 Excellent!
    Savannah(sp?) and Sandra were cool characters too. The MFP was a good idea, too, IMO.
    Masquerain and Lairon make their debuts, and Flareon makes a much needed reappearance. Yay!

Overall rating:
    9.4 out of 10!!!
    Pretty good pre-Contest ep. I hope the Contest fills the anticipation set by this episode.

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

I'm usually nice about the TC's, but man was that STUPID! There's a little thing called research and it's a heck of a lot better than "guessing".

But aside from that, I found this to be a nice episode. The dub names are quite captivating. I found Lairon and Flareon to be quite a pair. What a coincidence that their English names have the same vowel sounds. The voices were all good and the episode itself was informative.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Bandit Guest

Worst. Trainer's Choice. EVER. I can put up with bad type matchings and such, but claiming that Arbok evolves into Seviper is too blatent of a mistake to ignore.
    I agree 100% How could they make this mistake???

The episode had a funny part or two, team rockets contest motto was a improvement. Its a lot better then the last episode, I enjoyed this episode

darn... I thought I was going to post BEFORE people were going to go apeshit over the trainer's choice... maybe next time...

anyway, the episode was kinda annoying... but tolerateable... even with the awful trainer's choice and blatant use of Liza Ortiz... they need to add new talent...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

wow, and I thought 4Kids were smart enough to know that Seviper has no Evolutions/Pre-evolutions (Unless it has one in the 4th generation). Anyway, this episode was pertty good. At long last, Wobbuffet actually used an attack this season. I also noticed that the (previously mentioned in another topic) Mysterious guy was in this episode, but was wearing different clothing (I swear, it looks just like him)

Good episode, can't wait till the next episode

8/10

You don't want to know. Trust me. =P

Current PASBL stats: 12-5-0, 25 KO's, 73 TP. LVL 2 Trainer. B ref (Not reffing at the moment)

"I really f***ing hate you both" -Mozz (In memory of his awesomeness)

So we're finally in Ruibosu...sorry, Rubello Town. I like the dub name, it's still pretty similar to the original. We're also introduced to Savannah in this episode, and she seems like a pretty good adversary for May in this next contest. I'm glad that the writers give May somebody new each time - just having her square off against Drew all the time would bore me to death.

Heh, Jessie was particularly on in this episode, especially with James and Meowth's indifference. Good to see Wobbuffet actually fighting on occasion. And the Rocket-Dan offered this week's best lines:

MAY: Give us back our ribbons!
    JESSIE: I'd sooner give up James and Meowth than give up these ribbons!
    JAMES AND MEOWTH (appalled): Excuse us?
    JESSIE: Well, you know how badly I want to enter...come on, guys, help me out here.

As for other characters, I notice Brock got a bit more screentime than usual here. And yes, the line "Turnip thief" is a short but sweet classic.

Trainer's Choice...can't they just use regular eyecatches? Who decided that it'd be a game like this? And this one replaces "Game Winning Assist" as the stupidest TC ever. I wonder if there are kids out there who actually believe these things...I sure hope not.

But aside from that, the episode was great. Interesting that it aired the day before Mother's Day...you'd think they would have played that up in the promos.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Destiny Bond Guest

LoL silly dubbers, Seviper and Arbok are not of the same evolutionary line.

This episode was alright for me, since Flareon is back! Yay! Nothing much happened other than people flattering May once again... heh. I rate it 6/10.

I was hoping at the end of the Trivia Challenge thing, Ash would say, "Neither of them! Seviper has no pre-evolved form!" Either that, or something else that makes the commercial break funny. (The Japanese version did something like that before, way back in Beauty and the Beach.)
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKeckleon
    even with the awful trainer's choice and blatant use of Liza Ortiz... they need to add new talent...
    WTF? Liza Ortiz had/has talent?
    ...just a little curious here, but who exactly did she voice this time around? Random background characters or Savahna/Savannah/whatever?

8/10
    Great debut for Masquerain, and Larion too. Neat voices for both make them super cute or super tough respectivaly. Savannah was pretty great, but have I heard that voice before. I liked how she gave commentary on everything that Bulby did (reminds me of the Battle Arena at the Battle Frontier on Emerald).

This episode would have been a 10, but I had to deduct 2 points for a Trainers Choice infraction. Seviper DOES NOT have evoultions. I thought they would say "We tricked ya trainers! Arbok does not evolve into any of these Pokemon".

Pretty good, but the error made me laugh more than the Beautifly=Nuzleaf error in Hokey Pokeballs.

edit:like the sig that goes along?
    Last edited by Kanadian Kyuubi; 7th May 2005 at 5:33 PM.

about the TC... sure they get it wrong sometimes, but is it really that big a deal if they get it wrong? it doesn't really matter really... it's just the "Who's that pokemon" made to sound more "intelligent" It doesn't really matter if they get it wrong, if they showcase the "pokemon of the day", then they did their job. they could even have Magikarp evolve into Raikou, but as long as they showcase Raikou, they did their job. Regardless of how wrong they are.

besides, Seviper does kinda look like the evolved form of Arbok... if you squint and look at the right angle from upside down...

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    ...just a little curious here, but who exactly did she voice this time around? Random background characters or Savahna/Savannah/whatever?
    I see I didn't make myself clear enough apperently...

first of, what I meant was that liza ortiz used the exact same voice for SANDRA as she does for all of her characters...

secondly, I also said that 4kids should add new voice actors to their current cast.
    Last edited by PDL; 7th May 2005 at 5:05 PM.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Wow, what an embarrassing and appauling mistake on 4kids part. Looks like someone is going to be fired next week.

As for the episode, I thought it was great. It was a very nice set-up episode, and the mother/daughter combo was pretty interesting.

Was it just me, or was there a LOT of blushing in this episode? Ash blushed, May blushed, Drew blushed, Brock blushed, the Mother blushed, the fans blushed...the hell?

The animators must have really liked blushing in this episode, whenever someone said anything a character blushed. Brock's fantasy was hilarious though.

I also really liked how Dustox and Wobbufett were used in this episode, they were neglected for awhile. Snatching the ribbons instead of the pokemon was a nice change of pace as well. And anyone find it hilarious that Jessie wanted to attack the daughter? Bulbasaur using Vine Whip to wrap around the daughter and pull her back put a dirty thought in my head. And the mother saying she "likes Vine whips"? LOL?

Pretty good episode, and I like how May is still nervous about her contests.

*waves the WTF flag*...WTF is wrong with the dubbers??? I don't remember hearing that Arbok evolves into Seviper! And I don't remember Skitty winning in Fallarbor Town. Beautifly did!!!

...With that said, this was a very cute episode (without me getting thrown off by the dubbing)

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

MegaraptorScribe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Yes.

She does get casted a lot. But that's the casting people's responsibility. The woman's just trying to get work.

And no, she's not greedy for having so many roles. A character of the day is a much smaller paycheck than, say, a regular character.

-Fangirls. Finally, some recognition. Not for Drew and may, but for us fangirls.
    -DUHSTAKSS!
    -"Surrender now and do me a favor or I'll have to fight."
    -This is the first time in like 100 episodes that Wobbuffett has moved.
    -"Thanks, Wobbuffett needed a bath!" "Waaaabuffett!"
    My name is Sibyl.

Brocksketchum Guest

Masquerain's Bubble attack looked pretty cool! I'm glad to see for myself the difference between Bubble and Bubblebeam.

Brock wasn't too out of control with the love thing, I noticed.

Isn't Wobbuffet supposed to return the attack back to its opponent? That confused me.

The Trainer's Choice was the best part of the episode. Just as I thought they couldn't screw up evolutions...

Waterstar Misty Guest

I really liked this ep,it was weird,but funny. The voice for Masquerain was pretty good, as for the way they pronounced masquerain's name, I kinda liked it I was pronounced it differently, the fangirls were uhh interesting. When that man at the contest said " My point? You can't enter 'cause you never won a single ribbon" that was too funny and Jessie searching for a ribbon.
    The trainers choice, at first it got me, I thought at first it did have a pre-evolved form and then I remembered it didn't, but the TC really doesn't bother me that much. It took me a while to realize, that they said Skitty was in the Fall Arbor contest, when Beautifly was the pokemon who won it.
    Pikachu really seemed to really like Sandra.
    The TR motto was funny, 'caused Jessie seemed to be the only one who got into it and when TR got blasted off by water pulse I loved when Moewth and James said " Ungrateful twerps are the worst kind".

My rating: 8/10
    Last edited by Waterstar Misty; 7th May 2005 at 8:08 PM.

So, Drew got under May's skin and she decided to use Bulbasaur.     Spoiler:

The motto was funny. Meowth and James were borderline depressed. Then Jessie asked the twerps to put them out of their misery. Have they at last been broken. *Looks at future episodes.* Dang it.

I was wondering when they were going to get into the requirement system.

An okay episode but lackluster in plot after the gems of the past two weeks.

The Big Al's rating
    7.9 out of 10

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Robert Guest

This was a pretty boring episode. A rather standard plot that didn't have too many surprises... At least Wobbuffet actually did something (though the attacks didn't return like they're supposed to). The scenes with May and Drew were good (maybe I'm becoming a contestshipper, I dunno) and I liked Brock's "Turnip Theif" line. Other than that, it was a rather dull episode. I'd take a stab at TC, but everyone else has done so quite well already.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast