Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Fan With A Plan! (353)

I think they might have been going on a rumor from the game; if you update Arbok it will evolve into Seviper.

In my opinion, Seviper looks more like an evolved Ekans.

Considering Rattle Snakes are Vipers it would make sense. However why would a Cobra evolve into a viper? Oi that one sucked. I thought the type matching was bad this one was let's see how stupid will can really be.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonouchi
    I also noticed that the (previously mentioned in another topic) Mysterious guy was in this episode, but was wearing different clothing (I swear, it looks just like him)
    I thought I saw the Mystery guy, too. He was wearing a different colored sweatshirt, I think, but he had the long brown hair.

Anyway, this episode was okay. TC was terrible. It never bothers me when they make a mistake with it that much, but it is pretty sad that they have to continue to mislead any gullible fans out there with their misinformed Trainer's Choices. I mean come on, Arbok evolves into Seviper? If you've never seen the Pokemon before, that might make sense, but 4kids really needs to get their act together about this. :/

Brock's line of "Turnip Thief" was nice. And so was Jessie's "Wobbufet needed a bath," and the other line about giving Meowth and James.

I was just thinking that Wobbufet wasn't doing much besides serving as extra comic relief right before it started using its Counter and Mirror Coat attacks (or rather, only Counter, since they rarely mention Mirror Coat).

I'll rate this episode 7/10, like a gazillion episodes preceding this one. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksketchum
    Brock wasn't too out of control with the love thing, I noticed.
    Probably didn't want to risk finding out she was married or something, not to mention she had a kid, a bit more of a woman than Brock usually goes for. One does have to love her comments though, that Brock will one day be in high demand among women for his household skills. ^_^

Isn't Wobbuffet supposed to return the attack back to its opponent? That confused me.
    They never named what move it was using, but although it looked like its normal Counter/Mirror Coat, it behaved just like Safeguard in the anime, which just blocks the attack. So I say it was using Safeguard, as that is a move Wobbuffet learns.

I loved Drew in this episode, he just has so much more charisma than Gary, and a way of goading May without actually being outright mean. He also doesn't care about fans or popularity much, unlie Gary did for a while. I loved how he just smiled and flicked his hair before walking off after the fan girls deserted him.

How do you think they got a hold of those Norman and Drew action figures/statues?

Poor Ash... what's it gonna take before more people recognize him? He should be among the handsome young trainers in that book!

Other pluses:

Cute scenes of May getting an inflated ego.

Cute scene of the Coordinator mother getting stagefright.

Masquerain had a great voice.

Negative:

I once had faith in "Trainer's Choice" but error after error has made me wish they'd just go back to only "Who's that Pokemon" or more ideally do away with both and put in some Oak Pokemon lectures from Japan.

The whole scene with TR getting blasted off by Water Pulse left me confused. What exactly did the little girl whisper when asking her mom to use Water Pulse? Did she intend to blast them off or just put out the fiery balloon and TR's bad luck interfered?

I think she reminded her mom that Water Pulse might be the best way to get rid of them. She seems to be a pretty smart kid, after all.

*copies and pastes comments from elsewhere*

Heh, I loved TR's motto:

Savannah: Hey, those aren't yours!
    Jessie: Prepare for trouble, they are today!
    James: If you can't win 'em, steal 'em, that's what we always say!
    Jessie: To protect my entry status from devastation!
    James: To allow a certain contestant to complete her registration...
    Jessie: To denounce the evils of losing, that's true!
    James: To extend her winning streak from zero to two...
    Jessie: Jessie!
    James: And James...
    Jessie: Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!
    James: Surrender now, do me a favor, or I'll have to fight.
    Jessie: This contest will have a cute winner by tonight!

As far as the name changes go:
    Ruibosu -> Rubello (mentioned)
    Tsukiko -> Savannah
    Hoshika -> Sandra

Nice job with the names, 4Kids.

I agree with whoever commented on Savannah's and Sandra's relationship. Sandra's a cute kid too. She's embarrassed by her mom's antics with the fan club, but obviously loves her dearly, and seems mature for her age too.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

hay guys, you know that vegetable that brock called a "turnip"? it looked more like a parsnip to me :\
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Wobbuffet uses Safeguard for the first time, and on its own, too! I wonder if it'll use Destiny Bond?

Great episode. I can't believe the fangirls didn't recognize Ash. Hello? Top 16 in Kanto, CHAMPION IN ORANGE ISLANDS, top 8 in Johto? THE CHOSEN ONE?

Geki Guest

This episode was pretty bad, but not as bad as Me, Myself, and Time! It was kind of boring throughout the whole episode, and the only cool part was when Shuu's Masquerain did that Bubble/Moonlight thing. It looked awesome, a lot better then May's Beautifly Silver Wind thing.

Masquerain never used Moonlight. It can't even learn the move. You must have meant "in the moonlight".

CharZard Guest

Default Mistake?

While I was watching, I noticed that during the break, when they asked 'Which Pokemon evolves into Seviper' that none of the choices evolve into Seviper, because there is NO Pokemon that evolves into Seviper. When they returned, I was surprised to find out that it was Arbok that evolves into Seviper. I was confused. I checked this out on serebii.net, only to find that this isn't true! Who went wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by CharZard
    While I was watching, I noticed that during the break, when they asked 'Which Pokemon evolves into Seviper' that none of the choices evolve into Seviper, because there is NO Pokemon that evolves into Seviper. When they returned, I was surprised to find out that it was Arbok that evolves into Seviper. I was confused. I checked this out on serebii.net, only to find that this isn't true! Who went wrong?
    4Kids went wrong, of course. They mess up the TC quite often, actually, but never like they did with this episode. Seviper has no evolutions, nor does it have pre-evolutions (as of today). And Arbok doesn't evolve. Like I said, 4Kids just botched things up, probably out of lack of research. :/

Edit: By the way, CharZard, I can tell you haven't read any/most of the previous posts in this thread; over half the people who have posted probably mentioned this incident. :P

Indeed. Can we PLEASE stop talking about that crap and talk about the actual EPISODE for once?

I don't really have a lot to say about the episode, since the next one was so much more interesting, but I've gotta say it's always a pleasure to see Drew in an episode. These two contest episodes may not have had as many contestshipping hints, but I still love the interaction between May and Drew. Savannah was a great guest character for the episode. Also, I love the scene where that mothers club clustered around Drew, then May. That was hilarious, especially when Drew got nervous.

Okay, now how can I have watched this episode and forgotten about Wobbie's safeguard attacks? That was AWESOME!!! At least I watched the episode a second time the other night, so it's fresher in my memory. I loved Jessie calling him the "king of deflection" too. Too bad Wobbuffet hardly "attacks" anymore (at least I know from the captioning thread that he does safeguard again in "Rollout Loving Donphan"), he's been Team Rocket's most awesome fighter.
    Last edited by wobbanut; 27th May 2005 at 4:04 PM.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 7/15
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:
    To reclaim:

WindyNight Guest

YTV just aired that episode today at noon..
    An awesome episode! Here are a few scenes I like from that episode:
    ~When Drew made his appearance
    ~When he was surrounded by the fan girls..His expressions were funny
    ~The conversation between May and Drew that evening
    Overall, I give a rating 9/10 for the episode...^^

This episode was one of my favorites of the entire Hoenn saga...I also knew i was going to love this one.

Positives
    -OMG Wobbuffet is useful?
    -The little girl and her mom's relationship was cute
    -May and Drew (contestshippyness) wonder that I enjoyed both times they spoke to each other.
    -Drew in general - I loved his expressions...we've never seen him under pressure or sweat, so it was funny and adorable. My favorite part of the whole episode was the following:
    Fangirl - Can I have your autograph?
    Drew - No, I don't do that...(flicks hair)
    Encyclopika - XD AHHHHH!!!! Kawaii!
    -Lairon's voice was great...I've never been so impressed with a dubbed voice.
    -The fangirls were hilarious.

Negitives
    -Masquerain's voice disappointed me because it didn't sound male...in the end I convinced myself that all bug pokemon have high voices, which is a fact for the smaller ones, which Masquerain is a part of.
    -The TC - when they asked the question I was like "Oh, it must be a trick question" and thought that was clever of them. Then when they said Seviper I'm like "You lazy bast*rds!" I'm starting to think 4kids has new staff or something because they never made this stupid of mistakes before. This one was just, dumb!

I give it a 10/10, even with the negitives because they weren't that bad and didn't intereupt my enjoyment so much. A very great episode! And I so agree with what you said Pokemon Fan about Drew. I find him to be better at being a rival than Gary was. There's a difference between rival and bully, and I found Gary to be a bully up until the end.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Transducer Guest

Got to saw this ep today here in Canada. Top three errors I have found in this episode are:

1) Arbok evolves into Seviper (already known by all)
    2) May exclaimed she won the Fallarbor Contest with Skitty when it was BEAUTIFLY who won the Contest.
    3) I found it strange that Bulbasaur's Razor Leaf was able to cancel out a Flareon's Flamethrower.

Other than those three idiotic things, this episode was preety good.

I'd give it a 7.2/10

twas a good ep

I loved Lairon and Flareon!

but the trainer's choice was messed up like all of them

9/10
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

WindyNight Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Transducer
    2) May exclaimed she won the Fallarbor Contest with Skitty when it was BEAUTIFLY who won the Contest.
    Did she say that? I have the episode on tape and I didn't hear she say anything about the Fallarbor Contest...
    She only mentioned something about the Verdeanturf Contest...

Melissa Guest

It's been almost two entire seasons since Wobbuffet actually did an attack. I think the last time it battled was in "A Poached Ego". As for the trainer's choice, they probably forgot what happened in that episode and thought Jessie's Arbok just evolved into a Seviper.

In R/S, Masquerain had a fairly awesome "battle cry". I really expected Masquerain to sound cool(sort of like Steelix had a cool "battle cry" in G/S/C and wound up sounding cool in the anime). In this episode, Masquerain didn't sound awesome at all! But I guess the company wanted Masquerain to sound the way it did.

Stealing May's and Savannah's ribbons was bad enough, but Jessie's character in this episode was totally revolting. I kinda feel sorry for James and Meowth as they weren't at all interested in stealing ribbons as much as Jessie was. She almost got away with it and wasn't willing to give them back (even though eventually she did). I'd say this episode was the worst all because of Jessie and her pride.

Arbok --> Seviper O_o. Other then that, this episode was alright.

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

This was an okay episode. It was nice to see that Wobbufet did some action. And I liked the dub names like Rubella, Lairon, and Flaron.

And the Trainers Choice, it just proves that 4Kids doesn't know squat about Pokemon and could care less. All they care about is the money.

overall i liked this episode the most out of almost all the recent episodes the mother and daughter were cute and there was quite possibly the funniest momement in pokemon history (not that it was intentional)

Not a good episode. Jessie trying to steal a ribbon? Come on.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast