Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pearls are a Spoink's Best Friend (355)

Robert Guest

I liked this episode. There were some pretty funny moments, and I liked the reference back to the salesman, especially seeing his kids... It wasn't breaking new grounds or anything, but it was a good filler.

Kootasu does use Body Slam. Satoshi's does not know Ember. It only knows Flamethrower and Overheat as its fire-type attacks.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

This was a really funny episode! I loved how Spoink kept putting things on its head! But really, was the Spoink desperate, or just stupid? I loved seeing the Magikarp guy again - he's always funny. Yeah, I noticed the Magikarp whiskers, but for some reason, I forgot that Feebas didn't have them. I was wondering why they were taped down...

This lovely banner was made by Faerie.
    My Devaintart gallery
    Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
    trouble remembering how to fly
    Oh, and I claimed Sora from the Kingdom Hearts games in the bishie thread. ^^

Hee hee, I love the magickarp salesman. It's nice that they did everything different with him this time- Jessie buys from him instead of James, he actually has more dialogue than his sales pitch (he talks about his family), James recognizes him right away, and the twerps interact with him. I also love the part when Jessie gets hearts in her eyes thinking about getting a milotic. Too bad they didn't mention Victreebel.

Oh yeah, and spoink was cute and very funny.

8/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

the episode was quite amusing... it would have been a tad better if Spoink sounded more like a pig though :\
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

You bring up a good point wobbanut. Shouldn't Kojirou have asked about getting his Utsubotto back? I mean, we all know what happened to it, but for all Kojirou knows it's still in the possession of the Koiking salesman. All the love he showed for the thing when he was forced to trade it, and now he completely forgets about it.

Man, and I thought it was odd that Satoshi replaced his old hat like it was no big deal. :P

frankly I'm actually kinda glad that Victribel wasn't brought up, that thing was never really introduced into the anime for almost no reason... it just appared from out of nowhere... and it was only a one-trick pony anyway...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

But still, for all the compassion Kojirou showed towards it, he sure forgot about it pretty quickly.:P

WindyNight Guest

YTV aird this episode today at noon..
    It was an okay episode with a few funny scenes...
    ~Spoink liked to Psychic whenever it saw something round..lol
    ~TR got tricked by the Magikarp Salesman again..
    Overall, I give a rating 6.5/10 for the episode...

it was a good ep but they overused the spoink and the round object thing...

Nice to see the magikarp man again

6/10
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

I enjoyed this episode, Spoink was really really cute :3 It wasn't weak either; it could use Confuse Ray and Psychic. It was sweet when it kept putting things on it's head, pretty funny too. The Magikarp salesman was funny, the whole sadstory of his family made me giggle.

Great episode 8.5 / 10
    Pokemon Y ~ Kaya
    Friend Code: 3067-5666-7967
    Friend Safari: Fraxure, Druddigon, Noibat

A GREAT EP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good side:
    *Veyr very very pro Torkoal.
    *Torkoal used body slam.
    *Spoink had a nice voice.
    *Magicarp Salesmen.
    *Hilarious when Spoink put the magicarp on his head.
    *Max laughing at team rocket.
    *Igglybuff more johtos appearing.

Bad Side:
    *Meh that cut sence should of stayed even though I know it couldn't.
    *Magicarp are a bit boring.

10/10 Mostly because it was very pro Torkoal! (I changed my avi to Spoink becasue this epsiode was sooo good)

MaskedManAbsolkid is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

I loved this episode. It had a mix of comedy, seriousness, and was dubbed like it wasn't for little kids. But didn't the Magikarp salesman say all his kids were 10? If he did, his kids were different ages! I thought his family was ugly, which made me laugh! It was funny how Spoink went hypo whenever it thought it saw it's pearl. It was funny when Spoink put Magikarp on it's head.

Overall: 9/10
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

No, it put Igglybuff, Voltorb, and Electrode on it's head.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvair
    No, it put Igglybuff, Voltorb, and Electrode on it's head.
    No, nearer the end when they we're battling team rocket Spoink put the Magicarp on its head.

EDIT:To Corvair:[IMG135] http://www.filb.de/extras/ag79/AG79_256.jpg[/IMG135]

SEE?
    Last edited by Torkoal Stu; 19th June 2005 at 2:09 PM.

Factory Head Noland Guest

This episode was great, I thought it would have been a bit boring but it wasn't.

I thought it was funny when Spoink kept putting all the Pokemon and things on its head, lol. I really liked TR's outlines when they were blasting off due to Psychic attack.

Lol at James being fooled by the Magikarp salesman again but this time he bought a "Feebas". Ahhhh, will he ever learn...?

Overall 8.1/10
    Very funny, a great episode.

neoboy Guest

i liked the part when spoink picked up an electrode and it shocked everyone...lol

neoboy Guest

i'll be your buddy ~bayleef~!

Transducer Guest

This ep was kinda boring IMO. Looking for a pearl, Team Rocket getting conned by the salesman, well it wasn't that bad but I didn't like this ep much.

I'd give it a 6/10

Flying Tropius Guest

but I wonder who might catch spoink? or a replacement for jigilypuff just folowing?

spoink was great! im thinking spoink will be the new jiggly puff from kanto and snubull from johto!

This one has Castform (appearence) and SPOINK! I loved it it!

I dont care about bishies... Pachirisu and Porygon-Z are ALL MINE!! Looking for a Shiny Pachrisu and Shiny Porygon. PM Me if you have them. :]

Banners CANNOT exceed a total area of 46800 pixels. The banner in your sig exceeded that limit, so 's been removed. Please read the Signature Rules.

This epy was kinda boring ;< Oh well. It was better then the recent one they made of Spoink =D

Banner and sprites made by the amazing Hakuryuu! Thanks! <3

I love you Dara <33

8/11/07

lightspeed Guest

This episode was fine, and it was really funny when spoink placed the electrode and magikarp on its head.

If it was really a Magikarp, why'd it utter "Fee" after James caught it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast