Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: That's Just Swellow! (356)

Default That's Just Swellow! (356)

That's Just Swellow

In their travels, Ash & Co. find out about a Flying contest called the PokéRinger Contests. It puts your flying Pokémon to their ultimate abilities. Ash decides to enter his Taillow, but things get tough when they get into it...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I loved it when Swellow had evolved..this was a nice ep...

Espically the debut of Pokeringer...it was so amazing. I'd love to see it again...
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Factory Head Noland Guest

I saw the Japanese ep of this a while a ago and I love it! What a cool episode!
    I love it when James uses Jessie's Dustox to take part and he actually done really well with it (didn't cheat!).
    Dustox is cool! I loved it when Taillow evolved into Swellow and it travelled through that big orange tornado and beat Dustox!
    It was too close for comfort!

Talking swellow

another important ep because ash's taillow evolves into swellow and i thought of a dub title (it is pretty lame)

-don't forget to swellow- (don't forget to swallow)
    -i'm felling swellow- (i'm feeling swell)
    Last edited by Torkoal Stu; 19th December 2004 at 2:26 PM.

Hmm, This seems like a good episode I see it's the one where Taillow evolves into Swellow Pokeringer eh? Seems cool I like the way Taillow evolves it's kinda good I'm waiting for this one!
    Thanks to whoever made this. <3

Actually, you didnt prove squat. You see, I find a being, all-powerful, all-knowing, constant, eternal, residing outside of space, time, and logic to be a lot more logical than a big explosion created the universe by accident.
    Logic, eh? Also, note the "residing outside of space, time and logic to be more logical" part.

Something residing out of logic to be more logical... Nice.

No, American titles don't usually give spoilers in the titles. They're usually hidden meanings (Current Events springs to mind) How about Bird Battle?
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

i made a dub...ok two!

swift swell oh
    bug o swell
    -----
    lol jus kiddin.im not creative

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    No, American titles don't usually give spoilers in the titles. They're usually hidden meanings (Current Events springs to mind) How about Bird Battle?
    What do you mean? Also what about

Takin' the Lombre home! or You can never Tailow! or I feel Skitty! they all have the main pokemon in the title!

Because the episode was about Skitty......not sure about the Lombre one thohgh

My Dub Guesses
    ~Bad Air Day
    ~The Highs & Taillows

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

Quote Originally Posted by King Shuckle
    Because the episode was about Skitty......not sure about the Lombre one thohgh

My Dub Guesses
    ~Bad Air Day
    ~The Highs & Taillows
    lol!I think it will be about Talliow or Swellow! It better! I think The highs and talliows sounds right I can imagine it now! but all titles people predict are always close because on Balance of Power! everyone Said Losing your Balance or Fighting for Balance!

My Dub Guesses
    ~Bad Air Day
    ~The Highs & Taillows
    Or this.

'All's Swell'

Kinda sux, but so do many of 4Kids' titles.

Quote Originally Posted by frednmethod
    Or this.

'All's Swell'

Kinda sux, but so do many of 4Kids' titles.
    Where should I start at lame titles I know Poetry Commontion, Going Going Yawn, Go Go Ludicolo, Pros & Con Artists, ect!

How about "Through the Pokeringer" (assuming they keep the same event name)
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

vulpix Guest

i'm soo looking forward in seeing this episode.can't wait to see Taillow evolve!

How about All's Swellow Here? or Go Go Talliow? I like that second one even thought its just like the ludicolo ep thought but who cares?

That's just Swellow is the title.

What we should expect is:
    • A great debut for Pokeringer
    • Great debut for Swellow (the title gave it away, how swell!)
    • No crazy TC's. If they say Pidgeot evolves into Fearow or a simliar occurance, I'll be MAD!!!

> =

Quote Originally Posted by Corvair
    [*]Great debut for Swellow (the title gave it away, how swell!)
    Swellow has alreayd been debuted. In Candid Camerupt. Its had a VERY VERY bad voice.

I saw this episode. Pretty good!
    IMO, it would've been better if James had faced his old master and beaten him. I'm glad he got a lot of spotlight time, though. Same with Dustox.
    Swellow has quite a bad voice. I'll get used to it, but at the moment, it's really meh-ish.
    Yay for another Swablu! Shane's hairstyle matched its little thing on the top of its head too. We've seen other instances of this before, but this one was pretty funny.
    May and Max were quite eccentric in this episode :0. Kind of frightening, almost.....

Overall rating:
    9.4 out of 10!!!
    Not too bad. I still think James facing his master would've really improved this episode.

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Not anymore Torkoal Stu, not anymore.

Swellows *New* dub voice is amazing! It makes my favorite Ash pokemon even more favorite. The episode was great, the contest was not what I thought it was which was a good thing and we get more "James Past" which 4Kids most likely messed up. Thats one for the mix tape

2 more eps till     Spoiler:
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

This was a good episode. I thought the Pokeringer competition was cool. For a first timer, Shane knew what he was doing, using the wind to his advantage. I loved May's expression when she lost. Swellow's voice was a bit annoying, though

9/10

Really good episode, one of my favorites

You don't want to know. Trust me. =P

Current PASBL stats: 12-5-0, 25 KO's, 73 TP. LVL 2 Trainer. B ref (Not reffing at the moment)

"I really f***ing hate you both" -Mozz (In memory of his awesomeness)

James should have won. It would have been a good buildup for Ash to realize that Swellow isn't as powerful as it should have been and     Spoiler:

Not to mentiopn the fact that he just gained a sudden burst of competence. Jessie's mean.
    My name is Sibyl.

yea but i enjoyed the episode.......but yea James should've won........

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

2 Complaints.

-The freakin' episode started too early! I missed around 3.5 seconds of it! My VHS is ruined.

-"Taillow, use Wing", or something to that effect. My guess is that they put "attack" after so many moves whilst dubbing, that this time they forgot that Wing Attack is Wing Attack, not a Wing attack. My, what a mouthful. Though, it is perculiar, as the rest of the episode contained no such slip-ups.

There's something weird about having Pokemon without the -Flying type participating... Sure, they have wings, but it seems unnatural.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Geki Guest

This was a pretty good episode overall. I liked how Taillow and James got some spotlight, it was nice for a change. The part when Taillow evolved was kinda cheesy, but I'll still happy Taillow evolved. The only screw up I found was Volbeat using Thunder insread of Thunderbolt, and Taillow using Wing. ''Taillow quick, use Wing!!''. Anyway, it was a great episodde overall, like I said.

8/10.

I liked this episode a lot.

Nice to have a mini-tournament in the middle of the season, and it was nice to have a flying pokemon competition for once.

Isn't it funny the way AG continues to focus almost only on Ash and May, leaving Brock and Max in the backround in almost every episode?

If this was a Johto episode only Ash would be competing, but since this is AG they had May take a lead role as well. Nice to see James have a major role as well, he hasn't had one in awhile.

Lots of Pokemon appearances, Wingull, Pelipper, Golbat, Crobat, Volbeat, Swablu, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Skarmory, etc. Nice way to showcase some pokemon we haven't see in awhile.

And so Ash's Taillow evolves into Swellow, thank goodness he didn't pull a Pidgeot with it.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    2 Complaints.

-The freakin' episode started too early! I missed around 3.5 seconds of it! My VHS is ruined.
    Same here! I missed the opening few seconds before the theme song, I saw the kid talking about his Swablu for 2 seconds and that's it before the opening. Damn you KidsWB for airing this a minute too early!

-"Taillow, use Wing", or something to that effect. My guess is that they put "attack" after so many moves whilst dubbing, that this time they forgot that Wing Attack is Wing Attack, not a Wing attack. My, what a mouthful. Though, it is perculiar, as the rest of the episode contained no such slip-ups.
    I noticed that too, I guess 4kids did that for lip sync reasons. Perhaps they didn't have time for Ash to say "Attack" afterwards, so they just had him say use "Wing".
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 28th May 2005 at 4:09 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast