Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: That's Just Swellow! (356)

Cool episode today. I was about 30 seconds or so late in watching it, too. Strange how they started a bit early.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Apparently Swellow has to sound like Taillow. Wonderful how 4Kids seems to not realize that Oosubame's deep voice was supposed to symbolize that a small bird grew up into a bigger bird, like child to adult. :|
    What are you talking about? The only difference with Swellow's voice as opposed to Taillow's is that it was deeper, which is good. It may have sounded quite a bit like Grovyle, which isn't good (although I like Grovyle's voice), but Swellow's dub voice was fine.

Nice to see that James actually made it to the finals, even beating the new character of the day. And his "conversation" with Meowth by way of flag-language was hilarious. Then, Meowth took James' part in reciting the motto, just like he took Jessie's in an earlier Advanced Challenge episode.

When I saw that irregulary-colored Golbat, I thought there were suddenly two Crobat in that net, but later there were two Golbat and one Crobat. XD

I'll rate this episode 8/10.
    Last edited by Kamex; 29th May 2005 at 1:21 AM.

10/10

This was the best non-filler EVAR! The most funniest part (I am suprized you have not talked about this) was when Swellow landed the ring at the end, Dustox crashed into the Goal Pole (cool, it rhymes!).

Volt was pretty tough in both ways, and his Volbeat was awesome! But you thought Slugma's voice changed alot, try Volbeat. This is the 3rd voice change that Volbeat has had (Camp Pikachu, then Love at First Flight).

Shane was pretty unique, and the Pokeringer idea is pretty cool. Kinda like a game of Pokemon Soccer, right down to the specifics (GOAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!). Only problem was that Meowth goofed up, Wingulls do not go "Chirp Chirp", Swablu does that. Wingull says his name (oh yeah, even Pellipper kept his regular dub voice).

Quote Originally Posted by Corvair
    10/10

This was the best non-filler EVAR! The most funniest part (I am suprized you have not talked about this) was when Swellow landed the ring at the end, Dustox crashed into the Goal Pole (cool, it rhymes!).
    yea i like that part and it was funny

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Wing Guest

I only saw the second half of this episode, which saddens me, cause it seems to have been a really good one. =/

Anyway.
    Pros:
    - James was pretty awesome in this episode. He did really well in his battles with Shane and Ash. Go Jimmy! ^^
    - Swellow's dub voice was pretty cool. I liked the one back in Candid Camerupt, but this one is cool too.
    - Ash was on freakin' fire in his last battle with James. It's times like these that make Ash my favorite charecter in the series.

Cons:
    - I know he was just a trainer of the day, but I think Shane could've been done a bit better. He just...annoyed me. His Swablu was adorable though, as all Swablu are. ^^

Overall:
    9.7/10 Pretty darn good, but it falls just shy of perfection.

LMAO! I don't know why I found this so funny, but this is the funniest thing I've heard in Pokemon in a LONG time.

"Wobbu-hic"
    Dear Serebii forums members,
    ***I'm a guy!!!***

Improved PS1: PSone
    Improved PS2: PStwo
    Improved PSP: You figure it out

*Pair up: Sharingan*

I like Yoshis. If you do, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Yoshi Dragon)

Current system specs:
    IBM PowerPC "Gekko" 485MHz Processor, ATI Flipper, 24MB MoSys 1T-SRAM, 16MB 81MHz DRAM, Constant Angular Velocity drive, Sony 21" television

Future system specs:
    IBM Broadway 729MHz Processor, ATI Hollywood, 512MB internal flash memory, system memory unknown, same video output device

Quote Originally Posted by Corvair
    But you thought Slugma's voice changed alot, try Volbeat. This is the 3rd voice change that Volbeat has had (Camp Pikachu, then Love at First Flight).
    Are all Pokémon supposed to sound the same? I think that variation adds (at least a tiny bit) to the reality of it. I don't see why they should all sound the same.

This episode was really fun. 9.5/10. The Pokéringer thing was more fun than regular battle, and James' success made me happy. That tornado thing seemed kind of silly to me, though.

I enjoyed this episode as well, it was nice to see James get some spotlight and character development
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

The problem I had with Swellow's voice was it didn't seem to portray any feeling. Taillow's seemed to have more emotion behind it, while the Swellow's just seemed to be a bored repetition of "Swellow." But maybe/hopefully I just need to get used to it. On first hearing it at least that voice really bogged down my enjoyment of an otherwise excellently done evolution scene, gotta love Swellow tearing apart a tornado. ^_^

Other things of note:

The dub's habit of zooming in slightly through the whole episode can be really annoying and noticeable in episodes like this. I don't understand why they suddenly started doing this occassionally then always in Hoenn. When Volbeat came out an otherwise great image was marred by most of its antennae being off camera.

In the anime it seems, quite rightly so, a flying Pokemon is one that can fly, even if Flying isn't one of its types.

Are they going overboard to make the average person in the Poke world look completely stupid? How on Earth did Meowth's Wingull costume look "relaxed"? To have them so easily and instantly give up their Pokemon like that was painful to watch, and I'm normally not bothered by those scenes. Or was the explanation something else in the Japanese version?

I just love scenes where the Pokemon introduce themselves along with the people:

Ash: "Hi, my name's Ash."
    Taillow: "Taillow."
    Pikachu: "Pikachu."

Amd so we are introduced to Swellow. Let's all come to love him since he'll be the strongest, most well-represented bird Ash has ever had. The writers love him! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    I just love scenes where the Pokemon introduce themselves along with the people:

Ash: "Hi, my name's Ash."
    Taillow: "Taillow."
    Pikachu: "Pikachu."
    I know, me too. There's just something about those scenes that displays exactly what the anime is all about.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Well, all the Pelipper I've seen on the show have had that same voice, all the Pikachu and Pichu, but NOT the Slugma, they have the most changed voice in history. Forget thinking about what they are going to call Onigirl next (Munchlax Episode), do Slugma appear more times soon?

Volbeat's Channel voice is diffrent too, and very...odd.

Anyway, weird music stuff going on....okay, I am devestated that they didn't leave in the Insturmental Remix of OK, when Volbeat was fighting Taillow. They don't seem to have a problem with that song in the dub.

And also, Advanced Adventure played for like 30 seconds. In the original, it played up to the part where Team Rocket fly up in their baloon.

Weird. And Swellows voice sounds weird, I liked the 'Sube"!

AWESOME~! James gets more spotlight(getting revenge[in my mind] for when Jessie took his Weezing to use in the Princess Festival back in Kanto), an excellent contest, and TAILLOW EVOVES~! I love Swellow...such a beautiful Flying-type.^_^ And it can kick serious ŕss as well, if anyone has trained one in the games. Now its voice could be better; but it's much better than Vito's Swellow(thank god). I was expecting some sort of trill, but that's just me.^_^; Anyways, 10/10. Excellent eppie.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Robert Guest

This was a great episode. Team Rocket was actually funny! It was great to see James do pretty well. Swellow's voice sounds fine in my opinion. Some pretty good action, too. Other than the "wing" error, I loved this episode.

Pretty good episode. Though I missed the beginning, unfortunately.

Parts I liked -

- Taillow is focused on! Good to see the bird to be used in battle.

- Dustox also appears!

- That Pokeringer competition was interesting, though I doubt it'll be ever seen again, I for sure wouldn't mind.

- We got to see TR, actually James and Dustox, kick some butt. He did pretty good in the battles.

- Meowth saying James part in the motto.

Parts I really did not like

- Ash won. I usually do not like it in any show when the main star wins. Would have been an interesting twist if James won, and it would have been well deserved.

- I missed the last few episodes, so I don't know if Taillow was used in battles, but it seems like its evolution came out of no where.

It was a great episode though, 9/10. One of the better episodes of the series IMO.
    idk what to put here sooo.

Ah, finally watched this episode, and it was really great. It had it all - comedy, cool aerial battles, an evolution, and probably the most time in the spotlight Kojirou has had to himself since "Holy Matrimony". We even get another small piece of his complicated past! Definately a huge plus in my book. ^_^
    ~

Taillow was pretty much Ash's weakest pokemon, so its evolution was prety spontaneous.

The part where Meowth and James were using flag signals was hilarious XD But they were doing them all wrong.

...am I the only one who thought that the characters sounded like they were saying 'Prostate Town' half the time? >_>;

Personally, I'm not fond of either Swellow or Oosubame's voices. Swellow sounds just as retarded as Grovyle and Oosubame's is just plain freaky. Its just a similar case to Ludicolo and Runpapa, who I feel both have pretty annoying voices.
    But anyways, yes, this was a great episode to watch, and it was nice to see Dustox take such an active role for once, as well as James. I do wish he had gone up against his old master instead of that rather pointless Trainer-of-the-day character. That would have been a lot more interesting.

...any one have any idea as to why Wobbuffet seemed to randomly hiccup half-way through saying its name? It seemed to be oddly out-of-the-blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    ...any one have any idea as to why Wobbuffet seemed to randomly hiccup half-way through saying its name? It seemed to be oddly out-of-the-blue.
    Most likely due to some craxy Japanese joke that we don't get. ^^ Did anybody else around Wobbuffet have hiccups? I know there's this belief in Japan that you can 'give' someone hiccups like you can 'give' someone the flu. o_o

Final Tallow evole. I through it was cute to see more of James's past. but that trainer unform. That scary.

MayAsh1987 Guest

I want to update on my response. I watched again several times and grown to like it more. So this rating is now 8.3 out of 10.

I didn't mind seeing Ash winning, but the prize of winning to be honornary citizen is just crap. Thats is why I gave such a sort of low rating at first. You be the star at some town they your never will come back. And if even James won, (which I wouldn't mind either), I bet he'll never coming back either.

They should of gave a something better like a plaque, trophey, check, anything as a prize then some honornary citizen, s**t what happens Ash comes back all grown up. I bet some people won't recognize him. Sorry, but how I see it.

I thought the reason Soonansu 'hiccuped' was because Nyasu dropped the ring in it's mouth and he gagged on it. I can't remember for sure though, it went by pretty fast.
    ~

WindyNight Guest

YTV aired this episode today at noon...I have to say that this is a pretty cool episode...I love May's expressions when he lost to James...lol..
    It's just weird that James has Jessie's Dustox....
    I actually hoped James to win..But oh well...
    Overall, I give a rating 7.5/10 for the episode...^^

ZOMG! I just saw this ep.

Good:
    *James did well without cheating and beat May.
    *Swellow has a new voice instead of the Vito one which sucked.
    *Meowth doing the moto always pleases.
    *Swellow was cool and Johto pokemon made apprences Skiploom ect.
    *Dustox got some time after Jessie leaving it out for ages.
    *Nice to see some more of James' past which seems to be alot lately.    Spoiler:

Bad:
    *"Talliow use Wing!" lol, I was laughing for ages iwht that one.
    *Lame trainers choice.
    *The annouceer had Tracey's voice which I don't like.

Just plan wierd:
    *Meowh and his flags telling James things, I was like WTF!

Anyway veyr nice 9/10

yeah the "use wing" thing was bad.

Funny that straight after his opponent said "what?"

I loved swellow's voice! and I like it how it wasnt a classic pokemon evolve kick total *** things, cos Swellow nearly lost to Dustox!

I loved May and Beautifly's faces when they lost in the first round!

9.5/10
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

I've seen it and... it was good. Any evolution is in my good books, and this was a nice one overall. A very lovely episode. Also, have you noticed that evolution episodes generally have better plots/characters/battles etc. than normal episodes. Do the writers just work harder when they know they have to make a major storyline work.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast