Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 87

Thread: Take This House And Shuppet (357)

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geki
    the stupid part was the intro where Team Rocket was shown in space and then landed near the Mansion.
    Hmm, I thought the different feel to the intro made for a refreshing change. I liked the tongue-in-cheek attitude of the narrator.

    Shuppet looks a lot cuter in the anime than it does in the game.

    Heh, everyone sporting afros was funny. Someone should turn them into avatars.
    Latias aways gets a little carried away when it involves love - or perhaps that would better describe Ash in this situation! ^_^

    AltoShipping is Pikachu-approved! ^_^


    Latios and Latias Fans - unite!!

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    LaRousse City
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    i guess i was wrong about the japan thing.. sry.............

    ONOMNOMNOM

    Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

    Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Man...... That trainer's choice is getting worse and worse every week. First they say Arbok evolves into seviper and know they say that Exploud can beat a tyrogue....... Thtey were almost right there. This is a pretty boring episode just like all the other fillers. Can someone count all of the episodes that actually added to the story like evolutions, beginning episode, gym battles, contests, tournaments?
    Friend Code: Colton 3024-6150-9746. If you add me make sure to message me yours!

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionickai001
    Man...... That trainer's choice is getting worse and worse every week. First they say Arbok evolves into seviper and know they say that Exploud can beat a tyrogue....... Thtey were almost right there. This is a pretty boring episode just like all the other fillers. Can someone count all of the episodes that actually added to the story like evolutions, beginning episode, gym battles, contests, tournaments?
    Of course a damned Exploud is going to be able to beat a Tyrouge. In both the games and the anime, it should be obvious who would come out of top, and that's the FULLY EVOLVED Exploud, and not the weak-as-hell Tyrogue. -.-;

    One attack from one could knock out Tyrogue, in fact. o_o Type doesn't matter if you're as strong as hell compared to the enemy.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    432

    Default

    A lvel 50 Tyrogue could beat a lvl 50 Exploud if it actually knew a fighting attack. But it doesn't without TMs/HMs.
    Friend Code: Colton 3024-6150-9746. If you add me make sure to message me yours!

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Francisco CA
    Posts
    570

    Default

    I loved when they had afros too funny, epscally when Brock liked his. 4kids showed stupidy again not only did they mess up a name but they got the wrong Pokemon. It was an okay episode.
    One day... one day in the future... I will get over my hatred of Betas... when that day comes you will be able enjoy my fics in all it's glory...

    Unless you hate crossovers and AUs... then your pretty much screwed...

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionickai001
    A lvel 50 Tyrogue could beat a lvl 50 Exploud if it actually knew a fighting attack. But it doesn't without TMs/HMs.
    Who cares? An Exploud would still have a very good chance of beating a Tyrogue.

    Now maybe if that Tyrogue was an evolved Hitmonlee or so then it would be a different story, but Exploud was still a decent choice.

    Trainer Choices like these are bearable, as even if they don't pick the best choice based on type advantages, it's still very plausible that Exploud would win. I mean seriously, it's a friggin Tyrogue.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionickai001
    A lvel 50 Tyrogue could beat a lvl 50 Exploud if it actually knew a fighting attack. But it doesn't without TMs/HMs.
    No it couldn't. You obviously have no idea about how the Pokemon game works- A Pokemon like Tyrouge cannot beat a Pokemon like Exploud, even *with* a STABed, Super Effective hit. Why?

    Okay, let's pretend we have a Exploud and a Tyrogue. This is without Items, btw, so we don't have any cheap a*s Quick Claws, or Focus Bands.

    At Lv. 50, as you say, a Tyrouge's MAX (With Nature and 252 Attack EVs.) is 95. Now, what do you do next? Pump the rest into Speed for a quick move? Or Defense to hope you survive the Attack? It's HP is also a crappy 110.

    Speed: 87
    Defense: 87 (Max, without Nature, because it's Adamant to be able to actually beat something.)

    Now, with Exploud, it's Max Attack at Lv. 50 is 157 with Max EVs and Nature and it's Defense is 115 with Max EVs. And guess what it's Speed is? 88. That's one point higher than Tyrouge's Max Speed, and that's without ANY EVs or Stat Upping Nature. So it's faster, has more Attack power and can survive a hit, too.

    And what about a Special Attacking Exploud? HP Psychic= OHKO.

    Failed. Get to know what you're talking about before you start going on about how Exploud would lose. -_-
    Last edited by Alfonso; 4th June 2005 at 7:24 PM.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    not where you think
    Posts
    5,246

    Default

    I liked this episode, plenty of clever diolouge throughout... even from the narrator at the beginning

    and the TC was beleiveable... but I thought the third choice was Dustox... I'll have to check that again...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    569

    Default

    I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed May's eye color change. I noticed that Brock, while still putting the moves on Emily, didn't seem as desperate as he usually does. And May and Max's fighting was pretty much true to life.

    Pokémaniacs Anonymous: Because growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

    My Fanfiction

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sealed...
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Good episode, everything about it was so funny.
    9.5/10
    Pros:
    Torchic! Enjoy him once more,     Spoiler:

    Shuppet's voice made sense (and she was cute too)
    Afro TR and Twerps! That is so funny! (make it an avatar)
    Cons:
    Tower of Terror ripoff.
    Tower of Terror ripoff.
    TC problems again (Why does every time they do that, Nuzleaf's name gets involved?)
    May's Eyes, maybe she wore those contacts that day that changes your eye color.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Behind you with a sharp object
    Posts
    124

    Default

    The TC for this episode? God... they called a Sealeo a Nuzleaf....

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Mitten State
    Posts
    6,977

    Default

    No way Tyrogue would beat either three of those Pokemon. However, type and moveset wise, Dustox is still a better choice. Botched up choice and and a name screw up. 4Kids brought the double threat today.

    Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

  14. #39
    nekusagi Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flygon Prince
    This was pretty much a rip off of "The Tower of Terror", except Max didn't die.
    Ash didn't so much die in that one as he had an out of body experience.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    outskirts of Wylie Texas
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shining Espeon
    Probably the worst episode all season, rivaling even Johto's worst fillers for extreme mediocrity. We've already gone through the May/Max thing various times before. The episode was extremely slow-paced, with the climax being a typical TR outing lasting no more than 5 seconds. Also, it was like they tried to mimic "The Tower of Terror". The secret playroom, the levitating dishes, etc. Only good thing were the 'fros. All in all, a real snoozefest. Fortunately, the next four episodes all look great.

    3/10.
    Doesn't the clever dialogue and fairly good voice acting count for anything?

    And how is it a rip-off of Tower of Terror? To me it's just inspired by it. I think it's great that the anime has a theme of lonely Ghost types living in houses and playing with children's toys. ^_^

    May's eyes being green was just a coloring error, since they are blue earlier in the same flashback. They happen sometimes (like with Oak's eyebrow's), so let's just get over it. To me it looked neat, freaky but neat.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shining Espeon
    Geez, is Nuzleaf that hard of a Pokemon to rmember? This is the second time they've mixed him up with another Poke in Trainer's Choice. I think I want Who's That Pokemon? back now, and that's sad.
    It's not that they mix up the names of the Pokemon, it's just that 4kids made the text for "Nuzleaf" and are too lazy to switch it.

    4kids knows what a Nuzleaf looks like, they're just too lazy to change the text for all these Trainer choices.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    insert bad joke
    Posts
    2,233

    Default

    Ash didn't so much die in that one as he had an out of body experience.
    The chandilier(sp?) in "Tower of Terror" fell on Ash and Pikachu, thus killing them (he was only 10, so it could've). Haunter removed their spirits from their bodies temporarily.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    52

    Default

    For the U.S, they've probably whached it yesterday (Saturday 4th june AUS time) but for us Australians, we're watching Exploud and Clear tomorrow, know where near the episode yet.

  19. #44
    Miss Torchic Guest

    Default

    yea the U.S. did watch it yesterday
    but don't worry the episode will get to Austrailia^ ^

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    And dear god, did May just pull Brock by the ear? PLEASE NO, don't tell me May will start pulling Brock by the ear in every episode now. This is one of Misty's worst habits that I DON'T want to see May start doing that.
    You probably didn't pay any attention to what May was saying when she pulled Brock's ear. She clearly said, "it's just like it's fate that ordained me to take over for Max!". Meaning, she only pulled his ear because Max wasn't there to do it. So assuming she'll start pulling Brock's ear in every episode is wrong.

    I'm also surprised no one mentioned how funny it was to see TR yelling at each other and then have Shuppet use his powers on them. Then TR started saying nice stuff like, "Isn't life grand?" or something like that.

    Good entertaining episode, but I was annoyed at how stupid the writers/drawers were for this. I mean... come on... we got this during Kanto. Did they not expect the old fans to still be watching it? That this would be "new" to everyone? They should be ashamed. There are plenty of things you can do with ghost Pokemon, so it shouldn't always have to revolve around an "abandoned/haunted house".

    Another note: Totally surprised at how small Swellow was. Which is probably why they had Taillow evolve if you think about it. Swellow is too small for Ash to ride, which is perfect. They reason they ditched Pidgeot was because Ash could fly on it... and you don't want Ash flying all over the place reaching the destination faster right? So that's probably why Ash gets to keep the Swellow.
    Cloning is a glitch in the game. Abusing a glitch is cheating. Therefore, if you clone. You cheat.
    The cloning glitch may or may not screw up your Emerald game, but I hope it'll screw up your Diamond/Pearl game if and when you trade it over.

    IF YOU CHEAT, YOU'RE A PATHETIC LOSER!

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    insert bad joke
    Posts
    2,233

    Default

    He could've flown on Charizard. He probably wouldn't've thought of riding on Pidgeot if he kept it, just like Charizard.

    BTW, that is how big a Swellow is, check the Pokedex.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flygon Prince
    Eye color can change as you get older.

    The choices for TC were Sealeo, Exploud, or Dustox vs Tyrouge. They chose Exploud but Dustox was a better choice. 4x resistance and knows Psychic attacks.
    I think they considered the fact that Dustox is a horrible pokemon in that TC.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudoku
    I think they considered the fact that Dustox is a horrible pokemon in that TC.
    Ya, probably because it belongs to TeamRocket... so 4kids didn't bat an eye on Dustox.
    Cloning is a glitch in the game. Abusing a glitch is cheating. Therefore, if you clone. You cheat.
    The cloning glitch may or may not screw up your Emerald game, but I hope it'll screw up your Diamond/Pearl game if and when you trade it over.

    IF YOU CHEAT, YOU'RE A PATHETIC LOSER!

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    the Reverse World
    Posts
    4,001

    Default

    This episode, IMO, had two main purposes and besides them it could have been completely forgotten about. ONE - introduce Shuppet and TWO - give Torchic its last screen times and Swellow more screen time so that we don't forget it evolved last episode.

    The trainer choice, again, disappointed me. I voted for Dustox to win that one because since Tyrogue is a Fighting type, Dustox learns, on its own, Psychic moves. But they went with Normal type Exploud, which confused me greatly. Oh well, I guess what someone said about it having more defense power to counter is a good idea, but Distox still learns attacks that counter Tyrogue's whole element.

    This episode was uniquely funny - the poofy hair, and James' line "Blaming a man for wanting something to eat is hitting below the belt" (or something like that) made me laugh real hard.

    Besides that, this episode was like Tower of Terror and that early Shroomish episode (where the Shroomish were attacking workers out of a house for it was their home) mixed together. It was good and I loved Shuppet. It's voice matched up perfectly. So, overall - a 8.9 out of 10. Pretty good for a filler I say.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

    Status: Chaptered | R | Contestshipping | Finished

    Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

    Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,356

    Default

    I'm sick of all these Ghost Pokemon using nothing but Psychic. At least Dusclops had 3 moves, 2 unique. The Nuzleaf thing is a bit troubling..makes you wonder who is making the calls. The episode kinda sucked.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •