Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Take This House And Shuppet (357)

Aw, Shuppet's voice was so cute!^_^ I can really relate to Max this episode--I get picked on or insulted so many times in school I usually run out of my class at least once a week. BTW, the pun for this eppie was pretty good, considering what happened halfway through. I also went with Dustox in the Trainer's Choice; but I'm guessing they went with Exploud because it's WAY stronger than Dustox(and thus would knock Tyrogue unconcious in a heartbeat). Besides, excluding Egg Moves, the only attack Tyrogue learns is TACKLE. 7.5/10 here. Now let's start praying Combusken gets a nicer voice next episode(or at least one that's feminine)...

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT
    Aw, Shuppet's voice was so cute!^_^ I can really relate to Max this episode--I get picked on or insulted so many times in school I usually run out of my class at least once a week. BTW, the pun for this eppie was pretty good, considering what happened halfway through. I also went with Dustox in the Trainer's Choice; but I'm guessing they went with Exploud because it's WAY stronger than Dustox(and thus would knock Tyrogue unconcious in a heartbeat). Besides, excluding Egg Moves, the only attack Tyrogue learns is TACKLE. 7.5/10 here. Now let's start praying Combusken gets a nicer voice next episode(or at least one that's feminine)...
    Twenty dollars says they use Ludicolo/Shiftry/Exploud's voice for Combusken.

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Ethereal Guest

This ep was "meh" at best....There was nothing bad with it, it was just not THE best of the fillers...Late Johto-ish filler quality at best.

Good Point:
    -Swellow....Yes.

Bad Point:
    -I wanted some Banette action, but I've already seen the doll in action already, so whatever. *wink*

OK...Trainer's Choice....WHAT. THE. F***? -_-;;; Dustox was the best fecking choice. Dumb, non-caring 4Kids.

Edit: SC, why would they use Blaziken's voice for that dancing turkey, Combusken? o_O; Since Blaziken has Exploud, Shiftry, and Ludicolo's (kinda) voice.

Because it's the only voice 4Kids uses for a Pokémon they have never see before/don't care about. Having never heard of Porygon2, they'd probably use a computer beeping and shove in the words "Porygon2" >>. Or just use that deep voice they give everything.
    BTW, that was a joke(which insulted 4Kids at the same time >=D). I wasn't serious(although I can see it happening >>). IMO, they'll probably use Swellow's voice for it, as it's rather fitting for Combusken.

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Combusken already has a voice.

See "Having a Wailord of a Time" and Destiny Deoxys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jynxie
    OK...Trainer's Choice....WHAT. THE. F***? -_-;;; Dustox was the best fecking choice. Dumb, non-caring 4Kids.
    Temper Jynxie. It's not that they don't care, it's just that they're stupid.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

This episode was definitely... different. I didn't like the May/Max fight very much. Fighting with humor is very very good ("The Bicker the Better", Totodile's first episode). Fighting seriously is very very bad. Any fighting that leaves you with a knot in your stomach just doesn't help an episode. On the other hand, I did love how lovey-dovey Team Rocket got each time they were cured.

Also, ROFLOL with the afros. I also thought it was an interesting throwback to see the ponyta carousel. It reminded me so much of "The Tower of Terror".

6/10 for me.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Meh, I don't have the patience to read the three pages before this right now, so excuse me if I say something ignorent to the previous posts.

Anyway, I was taking the SAT last Saturday morning, so I had to tape this episode. :/

The beginning was rather strange; first talking about the universe, then everybody's hear was curled by a beam from some kind of raygun or something?

Shuppet was interesting.

Personally, The Tower of Terror tops this episode. Pokemon Tower is just like this place, except a hundred times spookier. For one thing, it was very dark. O_o

I give this episode a 7/10.

I thought this episode was pretty good. But Ash shouldn't be afraid of Ghost Pokémon, he once had a Haunter remember?

It was neat how that house was sort of like the one in The Tower of Terror - with the toys and stuff. If yall noticed Shuppet kinda sounded like Mudkip in a way.

I give this ep 8/10

-Scott-

3DS: 1590 4683 0583, Wii:1455 7087 4777 5760, PSN: MidnightScott

I love the Nintendo 3DS, games owned: 17
    Japanese Flare Red 3DS GET! 1891 1352 3198

This was a good episode. For some reason I really like when it rains, so the beginning was cool, and enormous old mansions are always good too, especially when there's a thunderstorm outside. ^_^

The similarities between this episode and "Tower of Terror" were kinda funny - I knew as soon as they walked into the room with the tables all set with dishes and stuff that they were going to start flying around the room. XD I'm actually rather surprised Satoshi and Takeshi didn't mention anything about their similar experience with ghosts back in Kanto, but whatever.

I liked how they played "Challenger" during the fight with the Rocket-dan, and the ending music from Kanto is always nice... for me anyways. XP
    ~

Gryphon Turboclaw Guest

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    No it couldn't. You obviously have no idea about how the Pokemon game works- A Pokemon like Tyrouge cannot beat a Pokemon like Exploud, even *with* a STABed, Super Effective hit. Why?

Okay, let's pretend we have a Exploud and a Tyrogue. This is without Items, btw, so we don't have any cheap a*s Quick Claws, or Focus Bands.

At Lv. 50, as you say, a Tyrouge's MAX (With Nature and 252 Attack EVs.) is 95. Now, what do you do next? Pump the rest into Speed for a quick move? Or Defense to hope you survive the Attack? It's HP is also a crappy 110.

Speed: 87
    Defense: 87 (Max, without Nature, because it's Adamant to be able to actually beat something.)

Now, with Exploud, it's Max Attack at Lv. 50 is 157 with Max EVs and Nature and it's Defense is 115 with Max EVs. And guess what it's Speed is? 88. That's one point higher than Tyrouge's Max Speed, and that's without ANY EVs or Stat Upping Nature. So it's faster, has more Attack power and can survive a hit, too.

And what about a Special Attacking Exploud? HP Psychic= OHKO.

Failed. Get to know what you're talking about before you start going on about how Exploud would lose. -_-
    Not to mention Extrasensory(slightly stronger and with twice the PP in comparison to HP Psychic, with flinching abilities to boot); in fact, I have a dream of someday toting a Common Killer Exploud with Extrasensory(Fighters), Flamethrower(Steels), Hyper Voice(STAB), and Shadow Ball(Ghosts).

I thought the mini-feuding between Max and May was well-handled(though I'll bet that Brock was reminded of the rows between Ash and Misty), as was the way that they eventually resolved it. Shuppet was a lot cuter than some might think(why no one on the staff ever thought to let Jessie have another shot at one, or a Banette for that matter, is beyond me).

May pulling ears? No thanks, though thankfully she's still dead last in that category(behind Ash, in fact).

WindyNight Guest

YTV aired this episode today at noon...
    It's not one of my favourite episodes, but it's okay, I guess...
    I like how May took Max's place and pulled Brock's ear...lol
    The fight between May and Max are okay...It could be better though...
    Overall, I give a rating 6/10 for the episode...^^

Sky one aired this ep today

how come at the beginning they had weird hair and they mentioned team rocket with some sort of device and how it made their hair go like that but it never shown anything of that sort or even mentioned it

It was an OK ep though

7/10
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

I thought this episode was grand. I'm not the greatest fan of the whole Max/May bit, but this episode was grand. I liked the way the Advanced Generation had to rip off yet another idea from Kanto with the whole ghost Pokémon and it's playground.

I see the Trainer's Choice matter has been discussed...

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Type doesn't matter if you're as strong as hell compared to the enemy.
    The true secret of Pokémon battles.
    Last edited by Batdude; 3rd July 2005 at 2:17 PM.

Nice episode. I really liked the part when May's Torchic was taking down both of TR's pokemon all by itself with no help.

The only thing I didn't like was Torchic hogging most of the spotlight. That pokemon was really annoying.

i think it was okay but my favorite part is when jessie says "how nice i may throw up"

I have just watched the episode. It is okay. I think "the lonely ghost who is bored" part is too similar to the "tower of terror" episode. The playing room is very similar to the one in the "tower of terror" episode too. I am surprised when ? saw May's GREEN eyes, how they do such a big mistake? I like the relation between Max and May , it is original. Over all I give this episode 7/10. Very good for a filler.
    Black 2 Friend Code: Efe / 0047 0990 1313 White Team: ;503; ;518; ;534; ;618; ;628; ;644;

It was a OK episode.

It was a fine episode. It was nice Max got more spotlight and the Shuppet was cute. It was also nice how Max was worried about Torchic for May's sake.
    "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."-Jesus

Please help save the unborn! http://www.priestsforlife.org/

It was an ok episode. I guess I only watched it because I wanted to see Swellow.

It's a Tower of Terror showcasing Shuppet. Excitement.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyangfriday View Post
    If black and white are the official names im gonna have to get black to not be racist, but also get white to not look obviously not racist.

I thought the Shumpet was pretty cute. And I loved watching the sibling rivalry between Max and May. I was hoping Max could keep the Shumpet, but that never happened

This was a pretty episode. Reminds me of the Gastly Haunter and Gengar episode. Good dub title, too.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

hm seeing this episode it reminded me of the tower of terror as well, it was a good episode nontheless.

Nice episode Shuppet looked cute..remind me of the old epi from the ghost tower
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast