Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Shroomish Skirmish! (358)

Hybrid View

Default A Shroomish Skirmish! (358)

A Shroomish Skirmish!

In their travels, Ash & Co. are accidently seperated and Corphish gets attacked by som Shroomish & Brellom causing Torchic to get really mad. What will it do?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I simply loved this episode.

I really like seeing conflicts between the pokemon and not just the trainers.

It was really funny at the end when combusken gave corphish that scary look to fend him off from her food.

Hales Guest

Just seeing Torchic get mad is amusing! But getting mad because Shroomish and Breloom were picking on Corphish sounds not only amusing but sweet...

Way to go, Torchic!

Tate+Liza Guest

Probably evolve. My mommy said that to me. She is a BIG Pokefan and bugs me a lot. Mommy, shut up!

combusken was good at fighting the breloom.
    I'M DOING IT SO I CAN QUIT YOU EVIL SEREBII!
    BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME!

I thought it was sorta ironic how Torchic & Corphish weren't getting along. (Both are my sister's favorite Pokemon.) But it was sweet when Torchic helped Corphish. I wonder how this episode will be in America...
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

Wolf Cypher Guest

God, how I can't wait for this episode! But if they continue to show 2 episodes a Saturday, in less than 3 months we'll be there! We're getting through Hoenn kinda faster than I thought. It would be weird to see May's Combusken in the 7th movie when it comes to the USA and she hasn't gotten it yet in the anime.

Talking cool!

this ep is SO cool because combusken is SO cool and i thought of some dub names

-combusken explosion- (pun on the words combustion explosion)
    -don't be a torchic- (pun on the words don't be a chichen)
    -poisonous breloom- (pun on the word poisonous mushroom)
    Last edited by Torkoal Stu; 15th May 2005 at 2:13 PM.

This is an episode I will be surely waiting for it's the one where we got to see Combusken although I have heard it's voice I want to see it's personality and the evolutions seems nice waiting for this episode!
    Thanks to whoever made this. <3

Actually, you didnt prove squat. You see, I find a being, all-powerful, all-knowing, constant, eternal, residing outside of space, time, and logic to be a lot more logical than a big explosion created the universe by accident.
    Logic, eh? Also, note the "residing outside of space, time and logic to be more logical" part.

Something residing out of logic to be more logical... Nice.

After watching this, I've found it to be one of the most enjoyable Advanced Generation episodes I've seen so far. I personally found there to be quite a lot of good elements to it, and the blend of amusing and serious scenes actually worked really well.
    I feel the best part of this epiosde though was definatly the battle between the 2 newly evolved fighting pokémon. The fight itself just felt really different to a lot of battles I've seen throughout the series, and it really stood out. I especially enjoyed the hand-to-hand combat portion between the two. It was nice to see pokémon fighting purely using their strength and prowess, instead of using special attack and long distance moves to gain the advantage. And even though there were a few sections of animation used more than once, it really was a good fight to watch IMO.

I do hope 4Kids reconsider a different voice actor for Haruka's Combusken, as the one used for Nurse Joy's in 'Having a Wailord of a Time' really wouldn't suit it at all.

This is one episode I really want to see. Combusken's personality is the exact polar opposite of how people thought it would be. Combuskens Smile at the very end put a tear in my eye.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

I saw the Japanese episode, and one of my favorite parts was when the Breloom started beating up Ash, and then Ash started yelling at them, and a little bit later, Brock pulled him away, and Ash was still yelling.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

This was a pretty funny episode. Grand Theft Apple. LMAO at that. And Ash trying to beat up the Breloom and kept missing. Grovyle got a part as well, though minor. Still cool, though. Swellow got a big role as well, which is always good. Breloom had an odd dub voice, but it was alright. Combusken's was great, and Swellow's seems to have improved. I noticed the animation was a lot better than usual here. And the fight scenes were all excellent(except Ash vs. Breloom, but there was humor in that so, oh well!), too, especially the fist fight between Combusken and Breloom. Torchic got to show its sensitive side one last time before evolving, and I'm glad it did, too. It really showed how drastically evolution changed it.

Overall rating:
    10 out of 10!!!!!
    Definitely the best evolution episode I've ever seen. Humor, action, and the infamous 'splitted up groups' style, all in one episode. Excellent.

~*CB*~

Neo Flygon Guest

I noticed a mistake; when the pokemon were all running around, they are called into the pokeballs; then cut to team rocket, and when it came back to the gang, the pokemon were still running around.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Flygon
    I noticed a mistake; when the pokemon were all running around, they are called into the pokeballs; then cut to team rocket, and when it came back to the gang, the pokemon were still running around.
    Only Swellow was still running around with them in that second scene, they must have called back all their pokemon except for Swellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Flygon

I also noticed that when James sees the apple, Jesse leans over Wobby to get to it, and then Wobby pops up behind her. Actually, he seemed to disappear when she leaned over him. Looks like this ep is rife for the Japanese Mistakes topic.

Hey, was Trainer's Choice actually RIGHT for once? Whoo!

Corphish is such a brat. It's so great. And I love that voice. Especially when it's teasing with "Feesh, feesh, feeeeeEEEeeeeesh!"

Wow, Ash wanted to battle the Breloom himself? If he were Jesse, he could have captured one.

Swellow's voice seems to have changed to a more birdlike noise.

Wow. Brock used Forretress--the Pokemon the Writers Forgot.

So...Breloom are part Grass, and yet they only use Fighting moves against the 'feesh?

Great. The cutest pokemon ever evolves into the most hideous beast ever. And was that one of the longer evo sequences?

...and it instinctively knows how to fight, how to move with its new body, all that stuff?

Wow. TR did nothing wrong this ep and they still get punished. They're doomed to be the eternal whipping agents, aren't they? I mean really now, NOTHING WRONG AT ALL. I can see why the Shroomish would be mad, but still, that doesn't excuse it.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

I liked it, I liked the parts when Corpfish was teasing Torchic and it looked high (when the bqack ground was all psychdelic) and when Team Rocket found out what Combusken and Breloom were going to do. Great episode.
    One day... one day in the future... I will get over my hatred of Betas... when that day comes you will be able enjoy my fics in all it's glory...

Unless you hate crossovers and AUs... then your pretty much screwed...

Ethereal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    Swellow's voice seems to have changed to a more birdlike noise.
    So I WASN'T going crazy when I heard its voice this morning and went "o_O". It's voice is slightly more different than last weeks.
    Wow. Brock used Forretress--the Pokemon the Writers Forgot.
    Yeah, that brought a little smile to my face. Too bad that's the last time we'll see it. ;-;

So...Breloom are part Grass, and yet they only use Fighting moves against the 'feesh?
    It's the quickest way to get the job done.

Great. The cutest pokemon ever evolves into the most hideous beast ever. And was that one of the longer evo sequences?
    No, that title belongs to Clamperl --> Huntail....*shudder*...And yeah, that evo sequence was dragged on.

...and it instinctively knows how to fight, how to move with its new body, all that stuff?
    I didn't see you questioning how those Breloom knew how to fight and move. Plus, you said it yourself. "Instinctively"...Plus, it's a cartoon.
    I thought it was weird how Combusken could automatically use Sky Uppercut when it has to be at like a High Level to use that move?
    How many times does it have to be said that the Animé =/= Games/levels?

ANYWAYS, I thought this was a pretty good and funny ep. We got some evolutions, comedy, and whatnot. Plus, the last part with TR was hilarious. The Breloom said something to them, and J & J said, "We agree with you completely," with huge smiles on their faces. Then Meowth goes, "They said they're gonna get us for stealing their Apples."...That was hilarious. XD

I hope they build more on the Combusken/Corphish rivalry/friendship. That was the best part of the episode.

[Insert standard complaint about how TR was trying to not die and shouldn't have blasted off in the end]
    My name is Sibyl.

This was a good episode! I luaghed at ash trying to beat up the breloom it was so funny! And the battle between combusken and breloom was really cool as well!
    I give it a 10/10
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/5399191.jpg[/IMG]
    Anime Bish: Kagura from Gintama/Anime song: Alones from Bleach
    Many thanks to Kimmi the Awesome™ for the awesome banner.
    PM me if you wanna play me in Jump Ultimate Stars or Vs. me in PBR. ^-~

Default 2nd post of page 2

Quote Originally Posted by Meowth Fan
    This was a good episode! I luaghed at ash trying to beat up the breloom it was so funny! And the battle between combusken and breloom was really cool as well!
    I give it a 10/10

yeah, Satoshi was pretty fun try to flight, but I we saw he can't I like the motto because James vould not rermber were they leave off, though the eating part was little suck.

Points to Satoshi (Veronica Taylor)
    Nyaasu (Madeline Blaustein)

A question; Did Combusken still have the same voice as that of the one in 'Having a Wailord' of a time? And if so, did they at least make an effort to make it sound more feminine?

Wing Guest

...I always that the Torchic/Combusken was male. When was it ever confirmed that it was female? O_o;

Anyway, yeah they used the Same VA.

As for the episode itself, I think this one totally hit the mark. It was funny in parts, and the battle scenes were just great. Also, I hope as well that the thing with Corphish and Combusken is expounded upon more. They've done a great job developing the Pokemon themselves and not just the trainers in the Houen Arc, and I hope they continue that.

10/10 This episode was, in every sense of the word, perfect. Now to just wait for the lovely Winona to show up....^_^

Geki Guest

This was a really great episode. I liked the part especially when Torchic evolved into Combusken and used it's fighting attacks with ease. The animation in this episode was awesome as well. Does anyone know the animation team who did this episode?

Overall 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Kijuna
    I hope they build more on the Combusken/Corphish rivalry/friendship. That was the best part of the episode.
    I can't say they've actually done anything between the two after that, really. o_o;

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast