Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Unfair Weather Friends (359)

Bwahaha--Fear teh Evil Ditto! And it's voice hasn't changed a bit, which is good. Koffing's new voice is just about as terrible as Weezing's new one--Pokémopolis is gonna have a hissy fit! Castform's voice is pretty cute, though not as adorable as Ditto's. BTW, who said Brody/Bannai's voice sounded like Johnson(of Yu-Gi-Oh's Big 5..he was Judge Man in the Noah Arc if you can't remember), cause you're absolutely right--it does! IMO, I kinda like Brody. And is it my imagination, or did Isabel have yet another different name...I didn't quite catch it. Also, she sounds like Mai now. Ugh... 8.5 here, most of the points for Brody and Evil Ditto.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

I also don't see what is so bad about the name "Brody". I mean, it could be worse, they could have called him Barney.
    True. I rather like the name 'Brody'; but it's not the name, it's the fact the name doesn't suit the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT
    Bwahaha--Fear teh Evil Ditto! And it's voice hasn't changed a bit, which is good. Koffing's new voice is just about as terrible as Weezing's new one--Pokémopolis is gonna have a hissy fit! Castform's voice is pretty cute, though not as adorable as Ditto's. BTW, who said Brody/Bannai's voice sounded like Johnson(of Yu-Gi-Oh's Big 5..he was Judge Man in the Noah Arc if you can't remember), cause you're absolutely right--it does! IMO, I kinda like Brody. And is it my imagination, or did Isabel have yet another different name...I didn't quite catch it. Also, she sounds like Mai now. Ugh... 8.5 here, most of the points for Brody and Evil Ditto.
    1: I said that he sounded like Johnson

2: She was named Shelly. She had her name changed in "Fight for the Meteorite", so it was the same as before.

You don't want to know. Trust me. =P

Current PASBL stats: 12-5-0, 25 KO's, 73 TP. LVL 2 Trainer. B ref (Not reffing at the moment)

"I really f***ing hate you both" -Mozz (In memory of his awesomeness)

W00t! This episode was really good! I only wished they had kept the japanese names...Not only for Bannai-kun (Yes, I call him -kun. And I'm 10. Deal with it.), but for the others also. Here's a guide...

Shelly | Izumi
    Brody | Bannai
    Max | Mataso
    Ash | Satoshi
    Brock | Takeshi
    May | Haruka

That's all I know.
    I think Bannai-kun is a good character (Except for the laughter. X__x), and the episode is really good. They did a good job with the plot and the two teams (Izumi talks about killing TR! OMG!!). But...I still think they could have made them a little more evil, you know? The only one I'm content with is     Spoiler:
    And...I know that they're by different people, but it would have been SO cool if they had brought in the rest of the Fireheads and the ThreeS trios. *hugs Hokage*X33

Randomness:
    They should make a ThreeB trio! Bashou, Buson, and Bannai...XD

pokekight364 Guest

i loved it.i sleeped tough 1/2 of the show but thanks to looking at the preview on this site i knew exaly what part it was on.

What was with that "Push all the air out of your bodies" thing TR did to escape? That was freaky!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Pokemon Master
    They just name the Pokedex's because they seem so lifelike, with the voice and all. But I understand, seeing how it's not a good translation from the original version to name them like that.
    Actually, the dub chooses to make them lifelike for some reason as if it's an AI computer. The Zukan are basically digital encylopedias of Pokémon information. There's really nothing lifelike about them in the original. It's pointless to give a little machine a soul when it's purpose is just to look up information.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Actually, the dub chooses to make them lifelike for some reason as if it's an AI computer. The Zukan are basically digital encylopedias of Pokémon information. There's really nothing lifelike about them in the original. It's pointless to give a little machine a soul when it's purpose is just to look up information.
    What about R2-D2? XP

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    It sure seemed to have AI in the first episode...

Besides, that's hardly a bad thing to name your computer. Mine's named Behemoth.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

I had a computer teacher who named his printer Ernest Hemingway.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I've named my laptop Warg, my friend named hers Barry, and one of my brother's friends named his computer after me! @.@

So the whole 'dextette' thing doesn't even make me bat an eyelash. Maybe it's weird, but hey, there are weird people out there. *cough*

They could have at least been a little more creative. I remember someone in a fn fiction named a female voiced Pokedex Alexa. Certainly better than Dexette.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Togemon
    But speaking of Brock, he really annoyed me in this episode, I dislike his wacky sixth sence, but it would have been hilarious if Brock was in love with 'Milly' for the whole episode xp
    How can't I quote this! Without his sixth sense, the episode would have been MUCH better. With a final "Oh no, Milly's a GUY! I'm depressed now ;_;". That would have been so hilarious that... that... I don't know. I would have just loved it.

I had already seen the Japanese version of this so meh... no news for me :/
    I still have to watch the dub so I can't judge Bannai's/Brody's voice yet (though I admit I personally don't really like his voice in the original Japanese. I would have preferred something more... ambiguous. Not really a feminine voice, but maybe a bit more bewitching... I don't know, either. It just sounded too "masculine" for him).

Ash acted really stupid in the end not doing nothing but stare. At least May tried to do something!

edit: oh, and a last thing. I don't really like the name Brody, but it's WAY better than turning him into a WOMAN like they did to someone else... o.o
    Last edited by Irene; 19th June 2005 at 3:44 PM.

You've gotta see her, go insane and out of your mind
    Latina Ave Maria
    A million and one candlelights

Robert Guest

Thumbs up

This was a good episode with some great action scenes. Team Rocket was a bit annoying, but it was good to see an episode that moves the bigger plot ahead. I liked it.

MayAsh1987 Guest

I liked this episode, it had so many unexpected things that happened. I agreed with some of you guys about Team Aqua and Team Magma making better villians. That usually the time when AMM&B don't always win.

Milli disguise was genius, looks liked Brock knew it was a guy. So Brody is it's name, weird name, but hey it's his name.

I really don't have any complaints of this episode, so I'm giving it 9.1 out 10. I still liked last week's episode better.

how come people didn't know that Brody was a guy? Did he sound really feminine when he was dressed as Milly?
    Need: Pokemon DP: Galactic Battles, Pokemon DP: Sinnoh League Victors, Arceus and the Jewel of Life

To Be Continued

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    how come people didn't know that Brody was a guy? Did he sound really feminine when he was dressed as Milly?
    At least in the Japanese version, he never used his real voice when dressing up. It was the same dubber as the person he was dressed like. It was impossible to recognize him (except's for Brock's sixth sense).

I think it worked this way for the US version as well.

edit: I've seen the US version and yes, he had a different voice actress when acting as Milly.
    Last edited by Irene; 20th June 2005 at 4:05 PM.

You've gotta see her, go insane and out of your mind
    Latina Ave Maria
    A million and one candlelights

English Avatarman Guest

1. Meowth's the leader of the gang, right? so why can't he have a decent nap?
    2. How does Brodi discise himself when he is bigger than his costume
    3. Why does Brodi help Ash and co. if they're "rivals"?
    4. How does Brock know that Brodi is not a woman?
    5. How do TR end up in the snow at the end?

I can answer quetion number 4. Recall the episode where Brock was a bit turned off by Jessie's disguised by nurse Joy. And the 1st movie where brock recongnised Nurse Joy through her disguise. Yes, both times they were nurse Joy..but it proves my point. Brock is an avid "Feminest" he'll do anything to make another woman pleased or happy (as long as she's pretty). So there for he has this Divine-Natrual-Pretty-Woman-Radar to search for his perfect woman. Which seems to be all of them.

I like Cressillia

pokeking Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky the Mew
    I can answer quetion number 4. Recall the episode where Brock was a bit turned off by Jessie's disguised by nurse Joy. And the 1st movie where brock recongnised Nurse Joy through her disguise. Yes, both times they were nurse Joy..but it proves my point. Brock is an avid "Feminest" .
    Do you know what a feminist is_____it is a woman who thinks woman should have more rights than men...
    I'm not being picky but that's what it is.

Anyway I found the part where Jessie James and mewoth sucked the air out of them to get free quite hilariously funny/stupid. But i didn't see the point as they didn't do anything but stand still in the same area???

Pretty interesting episode. I'm glad they've had a second appearance by Brody since, because it was so long since I saw the episode pictures here. If it hadn't been for that ditto I remember seeing from the ribbon cup pics, I would have been floored when he revealed himself. Man, that disguise was disturbingly convincing. It was the most convincing drag since James as a hula girl in "Abra and the Psychic Showdown". Well, unless you count Ash before he turns around in "Love at First Flight". I did like Brock being confused about his charisma being off, and before that Max being resigned to pulling Brock's ear again. LOL

I know I have to rewatch the episode again later this week. I was a little confused when Ash said he normally knows when Team Rocket's here, after they get blasted off. I'll have to double-check to see if he saw them on the monitor or not. It was nice to have Team Rocket end the episode for a change too. It's so rare now.

Basically, it was a pretty good episode overall. At least it was a bit different from the norm. Good action, great to see Team Aqua, and Brody was... interesting. 8/10 for me.

I know I can't wait for next week! Chimecho Chimecho Chimecho Chimecho Chimecho Chimecho Chimecho!!!
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by pokeking
    Do you know what a feminist is_____it is a woman who thinks woman should have more rights than men...
    I'm not being picky but that's what it is.
    No that is NOT what a feminist is. A feminist--a REAL one--is one who thinks that women should have EQUAL rights. Sadly, there's a lot of FAKE feminists out there who believe what you said, but they twist the cause and shoot it in the foot.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Well in a book that I was reading a "femenist" was described as a man liking all kinds of women and willing to help them out in a gentleman-like manner. Not so far from the meanig already explained though.

Anyway, on with W&F Fan's question #1 Meowth used to be the leader but nobody gives him that authority anymore because they're all shelfish and greedy each one wants all the credit. So therefore the "team" doesn't assert itself in place most of the time.

I like Cressillia

The episode was entertaining. Brody...for some reason I didn't expect him in this episode...kinda got confused when i saw the pics here a SPP. Anyway, I believe that the episode was good...Castform wasso cute! It's voice was perfect. It was funny when Brock was just standing there, although awkward. ^^; Anyway, I give it 10/10 because if I could, I'd go and watch it again. I love Team Aqua! ^^
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Irene
    At least in the Japanese version, he never used his real voice when dressing up. It was the same dubber as the person he was dressed like. It was impossible to recognize him (except's for Brock's sixth sense).

I think it worked this way for the US version as well.

edit: I've seen the US version and yes, he had a different voice actress when acting as Milly.
    OH yeah, he was just plain creepy in the dubbed version. Seriously, their voices sounded nothing alike...That would be creepy in a show with real people. They would have to do some serious plastic surgery on his vocal chords...O_o;;;

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast