Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's Flying Now? (360)

pokekight364 Guest

The episode was great and i loved when they did the jukebok song (i though it was called "one world"?)all in all it was a good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by pokekight364
    I loved when they did the jukebox song (I though it was called "One World"?)
    It's called "You and Me and Pokémon". The 3rd movie soundtrack version (what they played) is ok, but I really love the Pkmn Live! version. I was rather surprised when they played it. I wasn't expecting it, so when I heard these weird sounds, I was wondering just what in the world the Japanese music people were thinking.

Anyways....

Where I am, the episode did something strange. It came back from commercial, did TC, showed Pikachu, Swellow and Skitty being greeted by hitodama and frightened with a few Ghost-types, them being a bit embarrassed/exhausted/happy, then... it went back to commercial. After a couple of commercials, it came back... to the very end of the episode, with the happy song and Winona riding Skarmory in the night sky and "will Ash get his badge from such a commanding opponent". It went off 11 minutes early. What the hell.

What I did see was ok enough. 8.3/10. I almost cried when James did (because I sometimes have an incredibly strong sense of empathy), but that scene was really cute anyway. Poor James, at least he finally got his Chimecho. I didn't particularly like Chimecho's voice (I didn't hate it, it just sounded a bit funny. I think I was expecting it to be higher), and James' sounded rather odd. Also, going by what Argy said at Bulbagarden, that was some incredibly dark "strawberry milk" he had there. Did he fill the glass 2/5 of the way with syrup/powder or something? Eww.... The pronunciation of Chimecho was weird to me because they used to do this "Take the Challenge" PokéRap-type thing during the credits, and they pronounced it "chi-MEE-ko". I also kept thinking "CHIME-cho" for some reason, even though I knew/know it's chime+echo. (It looks like "CHIME-cho," that's why! @_<) I wonder why they changed it, or why it was "chi-MEE-ko" in the first place.

I am saddened by the fact that this episode focused on yet another carnival as oppossed to showing us those tree houses.

They didn't go into detail about it at all. It's a shame, since a whole episode of a tree-top village would have been cool, but instead we get a generic festival again.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak
    Assuming you meant "learn..." I know how all of you define a filler. I just have stricter guidlines (meaning I define a filler as an episode that isn't a gym battle or contest and their prospective championships).

Relax...it was still a great episode.
    Yeah I meant that one. Okay but I just count a non-filler when someone catches a pokemon.

One thing how did they prenounce Chimecho?

Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu
    Yeah I meant that one. Okay but I just count a non-filler when someone catches a pokemon.

One thing how did they prenounce Chimecho?
    They pronounced it Chime-echo.

This episode was a good for a filler. I was also surprised when "You & Me & Pokemon" started playing. It was weird how they pronounced Chimecho since in the PokeRap (the one shown as commercials) they said it differently. I give this episode an 8/10.

Gymshipping Mihoshi *UPDATED 9/28/08*
    Advanceshipping Hope (a new website!) *UPDATED 9/28/08*
    * Shipping banner made by the amazing Arceus Master

Rachael Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ~RaikouRider243~
    In comparison with "The Flame Pokémon-athon", "Spell of the Unown", and "Voice of the Forest", I have been noticing that the speed of very fast Pokémon is not accurately represented. The background when May was flying full-speed on Skarmory wasn't moving fast enough to show the metal bird's 190-mph flight. They have done this with every fast Pokémon. Anyone ever notice that?
    I think the reason is that otherwise poor May would have flown off. Maybe by "full speed," she meant the highest speed you could go without breaking any safety rules. After all, there are speed limits for cars--why not Pokemon?

I loved this episode. Chimeco's voice was great, and I always love James' flashbacks. But for some reason, James' and Brock's voices were really starting to get on my nerves.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Kthleen
    It's called "You and Me and Pokémon". The 3rd movie soundtrack version (what they played) is ok, but I really love the Pkmn Live! version.
    Um, where is it on the 3rd movie? AFAIK, it's from the 5th movie, not the 3rd. I just checked the credits to the 3rd movie and the only songs listed are the "Pokemon Johto" theme and "To Know the Unknown". Plus, the version from the end of the 5th movie is different from the version they played here. (I like the 5th movie version better.)

I liked this episode, especially since TR got to add another new Pokemon to their collection. Gee, James reaction to Chimecho is downright shippy!
    Latias aways gets a little carried away when it involves love - or perhaps that would better describe Ash in this situation! ^_^

AltoShipping is Pikachu-approved! ^_^

Latios and Latias Fans - unite!!

Quote Originally Posted by AscendingLatios
    Um, where is it on the 3rd movie? AFAIK, it's from the 5th movie, not the 3rd. I just checked the credits to the 3rd movie and the only songs listed are the "Pokemon Johto" theme and "To Know the Unknown". Plus, the version from the end of the 5th movie is different from the version they played here. (I like the 5th movie version better.)
    Well, the 3rd movie has that song on the CD songtrack(it's not really a soundtrack unless it actually has a lot music FROM THE MOVIE :P Actually, most of it seemed to be Pikachu's Jukebox stuff O_o), although it's not in the movie itself.

-I said it at Bulbagarden and I'll say it here: The only way James will learn is to get a card with the Magikarp salesman's picture on it, along with the text of "THIS MAN IS A SWINDLER. STOP BUYING STUFF FROM HIM. DON'T LISTEN TO ANYTHING HE SAYS.", and read it whenever he sees said salesman.
    -Chimecho's voice does the soothing thing very well, although I'll miss the "cute" element in its voice.
    -Winona's gym needs an elevator or something. Unless the battle requirements are "Challenger must either be willing to walk up several hundred stairs just to get to the gym, or have a Pokemon to ride up to the gym".
    -James backstory. Yay. Kind of rips open a plot hole, though(James knew of Johot and Houen Pokemon despite living in Kanto?)
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Yah..I was hoping Chimecho would be pronounced "Kime-eko" (hmm...then you're entering Xiaolin Showdown territory...)
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

"It Was You", "Lullaby", "Makin' My Way (Any Way That I Can)" and "(Have Some) Fun With The Funk" weren't in the first movie. Yet there they are, on the first movie soundtrack and the [paper inside the] case that I'm reading right now.

Does Pokemon Heroes even have a released CD soundtrack? Anyway, the one from the 5th movie is the Pokémon Live! version. The credits say it was released on some CD, but I remember someone saying that such a CD doesn't exist.

Here's what the 3rd movie one says. Look at #6.

Front:

PoKéMoN 3
    THE ULTIMATE SOUNDTRACK

FEATURING NEW MUSIC FROM THE HIT MOVIE AND PoKéMoN THE JOHTO JOURNEYS TV SERIES

Back:

(A bunch of copyright crap that I'm not gonna type out)

1. POKÉMON JOHTO - MOVIE VERSION 2. TO KNOW THE UNKNOWN INNOSENSE 3. PIKACHU 4. ALL WE WANNA DO
    5. HE DRIVES ME CRAZY 6. YOU & ME & POKÉMON 7. SONG OF JIGGLYPUFF
    8. POKÉRAP GS 9. TWO PERFECT GIRLS 10. POKÉMON JOHTO - TV VERSION 11. BIGGEST PART OF MY LIFE
    12. MEDLEY FROM "SPELL OF THE UNOWN"
    KARAOKE TRACKS! 1. PIKACHU 2. SONG OF JIGGLYPUFF 3. YOU & ME & POKÉMON
    BONUS VIDEOS! 1. POKÉRAP 2.SCENE FROM POKÉMON 3: THE MOVIE

PoKéMoN 3
    THE ULTIMATE SOUNDTRACK

Featuring NEW Music from Innosense!

(Something about system requirements)
    Last edited by Kthleen; 26th June 2005 at 9:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    I am saddened by the fact that this episode focused on yet another carnival as oppossed to showing us those tree houses.

They didn't go into detail about it at all. It's a shame, since a whole episode of a tree-top village would have been cool, but instead we get a generic festival again.
    Yeah, and they just had a carnival not too many episodes (not to mention the infamous swindler was also there). I always thought the tree houses in the games were interesting, making Fortree City a very unique one. Meh.

Anyway, nice episode. So, are they showing a new episode next week or not? It says they are on the main site, but I've heard frequently that they're entering the summer rerun phase starting next Saturday.

Max and the other kid before him were both very young, and they rode on Skarmory with Winona, so something about that made me feel as though May was a little to old to be riding on that Skarmory with Winona.

The pronunciation of Chimecho was weird to me because they used to do this "Take the Challenge" PokéRap-type thing during the credits, and they pronounced it "chi-MEE-ko". I also kept thinking "CHIME-cho" for some reason, even though I knew/know it's chime+echo. (It looks like "CHIME-cho," that's why! @_<) I wonder why they changed it, or why it was "chi-MEE-ko" in the first place.
    Yeah, it was the same for me, too.

I'll give this a 7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Pokemon Master
    Anyway, nice episode. So, are they showing a new episode next week or not? It says they are on the main site, but I've heard frequently that they're entering the summer rerun phase starting next Saturday.
    Nope. According to the TV guide, they're showing True Blue Swablu.

But if you look on the main page on Serebii, apparently Sky High Battle will be aired July 2. Then that episode would be the last of the summer. Oh well. Now my Saturdays are free.
    Join the Probopass cult now, and receive a year's supply of chocolate-scented toothpicks!

LOVED LOVED LOVED this episode!!! Of course I've only been looking forward to it the past... oh, six months or so, but it was well worth it. This episode had me stuck in a "aww, it's so cute" loop for a good half hour. Chimecho! I love it so much. It took me a bit to get used to the pronunciation (I thought it was "chime-cho" (long o)), but I figured out the "echo" part. At least it was better than the Hoenn "Take the Challenge" "chih-mee-cho".

There are so many good things to say about this episode. It was great to see things finally go right for James for a change. Team Rocket gets so many bad breaks, it was wonderful to see things work out. It was nice that Chimecho was caught "Ash-style" too (i.e. voluntarily join, like Charmander, Squirtle, Lapras, Heracross, Chikorita, etc.). Both of James's Hoenn pokemon were caught "Ash-style", it's pretty neat. I liked everyone's surprised reactions to Chimecho too, especially Pikachu and Swellow. LOL I'm glad Chimecho didn't get the same treatment joining the motto as Wobbuffet did way back when (well, from Meowth).

And Winona! GREAT guest character, I really enjoyed her. I liked Brock getting ear-grabbed by both Ash and Max in this episode too. LOL That has to be a first.

10/10 for me.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

First off, Chimecho's voice. Honestly, I thought it was totally pathetic. It sounded like some little girl breathing through her nose T-T. It's such an awful voice for such an awesome Pokémon. I can't believe you all LIKED. This has to be one of the worst dub voices in history.
    I was definitely thinking WTF? along with the rest of the viewers when they said it WHY-noe-nuh. I'm glad the episode handled it correctly.
    The TC was decent, to say the least. At least it made sense.
    Skarmory was definitely overlarge. When one kidnapped May, it had to be at least half this one's size.
    James story was great....but confusing. Back then, no one knew anything about any Pokémon other than the original 151. James should've been scared of a Pokémon that 'supposedly' didn't even exist back then....Another sign of incontinuity from the writers.....

Overall rating:
    6.5 out of 10!!
    Really kind of bad for an introduction/capture episode. I expected a lot more out of it. I would've preferred seeing Sky High Gym Battle instead.

~*CB*~
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Does Pokemon Heroes even have a released CD soundtrack?
    I know there is Japanese soundtrack CD and it contains most of the background music along with the Japanese opening and closing credits music. But I don't know if there's an English soundtrack CD and whether it has Y&M&P on it or not.

Anyway, the one from the 5th movie is the Pokémon Live! version.
    Ah, okay. Yeah, that's the good version of the song.

The credits say it was released on some CD, but I remember someone saying that such a CD doesn't exist.
    It definitely exists because I bought it and have it in my hands as I type.

YOU & ME & POKÉMON
    I see! So the song was on the CD and not the movie. That explains why this version they played during this episode is one I had never heard it before.
    Latias aways gets a little carried away when it involves love - or perhaps that would better describe Ash in this situation! ^_^

AltoShipping is Pikachu-approved! ^_^

Latios and Latias Fans - unite!!

I know there is Japanese soundtrack CD and it contains most of the background music along with the Japanese opening and closing credits music. But I don't know if there's an English soundtrack CD and whether it has Y&M&P on it or not.

Ah, okay. Yeah, that's the good version of the song.

It definitely exists because I bought it and have it in my hands as I type.

I see! So the song was on the CD and not the movie. That explains why this version they played during this episode is one I had never heard it before.
    I can't find anything on a Pokémon Heroes soundtrack. Mizu no Miyako no Mamorigami Latias to Latios has one. Didn't PH keep the original music (excluding the credit music), though?

Isn't it?

I see what happened. It says that the song "Secret Garden" is on "The Pokémon 2002 Music Collection" (whose title I keep seeing is really "Pokemon Music Collection 2002") but some interpreted that to mean that the other songs were, too. And since it was never released in the U.S. or U.K. (and a Japanese soundtrack wouldn't be likely to have English dub [or theatrical play] songs on it), they figured that it must not exist.

Yes. And the Pokémon Live!(/5th movie) version is best. However, sadly, the Pokémon Live! soundtrack is incredibly rare. Thankfully, I know a place where one can get that version the song in its entirety (if you don't already have it).
    Last edited by Kthleen; 22nd August 2008 at 3:16 AM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT
    I was very pleased with Chimecho's voice--sounds almost exactly like Chirean(there's a small difference in the voices, but it's there)! Gotta be one of the best Pokémon dub voices ever. 'You and Me and Pokémon' playing...haven't heard that in a while(I have a strange urge to get my 'Totally Pokémon' CD out and play the karaoke version.^_^; )! Skarmory gets spotlight--yayness! Though I'm very sure that was Sky Attack and not Steel Wing it used... I highly anticipate the dogfight next week...where you see why Swellow are so awesome(hey, they are)!
    She said "Skarmory Steel Wing Attack"!
    Unless they said the wrong attack, because if Skarmory used Steel Wing its Wings should have glowed, not its whole body. O.o So my guess is that we are both right, She did say Steel Wing, but it showed Skarmory using Sky Attack!

I now know that winoa doesn't use skaromy in her gym battle, and her best pokémon? not altaria, a shiny swellow, i'm sorry for posting on the wrng episode, but i don't get this at all.

back on this episode i am SOOO happy that james caught a chimecho, he needed to catch a pokémon and he caught a good one, imagine, a chicmecho, a cute chimecho, on the side of evil *maniacal laughter*

Monster Guest

This was a great episode. Chimecho is so cool, and it was awesome when Winona's Skarmory used Drill Peck through the machine. I can't wait for the gym battle!

Quote Originally Posted by Addydo
    She said "Skarmory Steel Wing Attack"!
    Unless they said the wrong attack, because if Skarmory used Steel Wing its Wings should have glowed, not its whole body. O.o So my guess is that we are both right, She did say Steel Wing, but it showed Skarmory using Sky Attack!
    It was obviously a dub error.
    I don't know why the hell 4Kids would think Skarmory's entire body glowing and smashing into something [its wings made NO contact with the TR machine] would be a Steel Wing Attack. Then again, these are the same people who think Arbok evolves into Seviper >.>

Anywhays, I LOVED this episode!
    Yes, Winona is my favourite Gym Leader but Mid Hoenn is the best part of the entire Hoenn Arc ****ust me -.-o]. And I classify mid-Hoenn starting when Ash's Taillow evolved to the Picifidlog Contest.

I know a Festival is cliché in Pokemon, but it was a Feather Festival!
    Not just some random "lolz! wii luv Pokaymahnz!" Festivals.
    Winona even led a Flying Pokemon formation [like Snow Birds]

Chimecho is awesome. Best. Team Rocket. Pokemon. EVUR!!! [too bad it never will do anything...well...maybe a little something in Lilycove *cough* but that's it].
    Too bad it had a shitty dub voice. Honestly, how can you all love it? It was HORRIBLE! It sounded like a pubescent chipmunk trying to exhale every ounce of air from its lungs O.o To put it nicely

Overall, this episode was excellent. The best Gym Leader introduction episode we'll see in Hoenn IMO.

9.99999/10 - No episode can be perfect, huh?
    CANNOT wait for the Gym Battle.

Oh, wait...I almost forgot. Best quote of this episode:

Jessie: Prepare for Trouble, we are Team Rocket.
    James: Make it double, if it flies, we shock it.

^ I laughed at that...HARD! XD

One more thing. I can't believe no one pointed it out, but the most stupid dub sentence was IN THIS EPISODE!!!

Max: Whoa! I never knew the Sky was so big!

...just WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiiest.Combusken
    Too bad it had a shitty dub voice. Honestly, how can you all love it? It was HORRIBLE! It sounded like a pubescent chipmunk trying to exhale every ounce of air from its lungs O.o To put it nicely
    YES. Chimecho has one of the worst dub voices in history, but everyone's infatuated with it. WTF moment of SPP. Heck, I would've prefered Ludicolo/Shiftry/Exploud/the like's voice on Chimecho more than this constipated version.

~*CB*~
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

WindyNight Guest

YTV aired this episode yesterday noon...I must say this is a quite funny episode..I actually saw Ash pulling Brock's ear...^^ The voice of that Chimecho is nice and soft...It's attack Heal Bell is awesome...Too bad that they still blasted off like always...Winona looks cute and is great to see her riding on a Skarmory...I wish I can do that..Overall, I give a rating 7.5/10 for the episode..

Chimecho'a voice is ok. Hell, I'm glad it only says a single part of its name as opposed to constantly blurting out something along the lines of 'Chimecho Chime! Chime Chimecho Chime chime!'. But I'm not really fond of the fact that it sounds like a complete and utter drone. I mean, there's about 0% emotion in its voice judging by the episodes I've seen since its capture. Blah, I'm sure it'll get better come Lilycove.

"Chime chime chime. |__|"

I'm not found of either of any of Chimecho's voices in either version, but I don't think the dub's done a horrible job of it.

The Magikarp salesman is back! After only been gone for about 5 episodes! Yeah! This time though, I was supirsed James didn't go after him like last time, only for a real Chimecho to turn up and join them (worst mistake of it's life).

Another festival?! There's always festivals, I wanted them to walk around the tree-top houses and chat to people rather than watching kids fly around on Skarmories.

On a final note I am really impressed with the Gym field itslef, one of the best gym battlefields I've seen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast