Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sky High Gym Battle! (361)

Default Sky High Gym Battle! (361)

Sky High Gym Battle

It's time for Ash's 6th Gym Leader battle. And this time its a flying battle. 3 VS 3, Winona decides to use her Altaria, Pelipper & Swellow while Ash uses his Grovyle, Pikachu & Swellow. Will he win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This episode was intresting...espically how well Groyvle did...and then how EXCELLENT Swellow had done...
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Factory Head Noland Guest

This episode was brilliant! Totally awesome battle, Winona's Swellow was strong!
    I wonder why she never used her Skarmory in this battle aswell.

Yea...winnona has a Strong Swellow, espically since it was a Shiny..but i like how a normal swellow looks compared to the shiny one...

Factory Head Noland Guest

Winona's Swellow didn't sparkle when it came out of it's Pokeball but Ash's Noctowl always used to when it was on his team.

Crystal Latios Guest

Episode was nice. Winona is so adorable She has a very nice personality and nice voice. Honestly, I think, she is more interesting than popular Flannery. What a pity, we can`t see her hair.

A fight between Ash and Winona was fine, only I don`t understand, how Grovyle could beat Altaria. Altaria is a flying/dragon and it lost so quickly Its strange, that Ash`s pokemon have great Defence and GL`s pokemon are weak.

I think this Gym Battle is my favorite one (Yes, including Kanto and Johto battles).
    The animation was great, all characters and Pokémon looked awesome (especially Grovyle). Winona was a really good Gym Leader - the strategy with Steel Wing as a defense for Thunderbolt was pretty neat^^.

I can't really choose which round my favorite was - Grovyle vs. Altaria or Swellow vs. Swellow... Meh, they were both great!
    And of course - the music was good as always, I like it that they often use the Pokémon Heroes BGMs for Gym Battles.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Not a fan of the name though...unfortunately I can't come up with anything better.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

This was truly one of the best gym battles ever - right up there with the Katsura rematch. Part of what makes it so great is the excellent animation. Too bad more important battles couldn't have animation this good.

That and Nagi is totally awesome. She's so beautiful, elegant, and graceful. :3
    Last edited by Heracross; 11th June 2005 at 4:55 AM.
    ~

Yeah, this episode was great.

Some people complain that the episode contained too much one hit KOs, but this doesn't battle me at all. In fact, it shows that flying pokemon are pokemon with weak defenses but good offensive strength and speed to make up for it, like in the games.

Grovyle vs Altaria was the best for me, now who doesn't love to see Grovyle slash its leaf blades at an enemy about sixty feet in the air and smash them onto the ground for quick and effective KO?

Geki Guest

Great episode, I loved this gym battle. Grovyle took out Altaria, I was surprised since it also had a weakness to Altaria. Swellow was really good too, however, I was disappointed in Pikachu who lost to Pelipper. Pikachu had a 4x advantage over Pelipper. Overall, a great battle and episode. I give it 9/10.

And good job for naming Winona's assistant Zachary, it's my name except people call me Zack.

Ash XD Guest

Please someone create a thread of Catch Snorunt!!!!!! I DON'T HAVE PERMISSION TO DO ONE!

I just saw on Kid's WB that this will play next week! woohoo!!!
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Waveblaster Guest

I know, I thought it was this week and woke up at 9:00am so I could see it at 10:00am but then it was just a rerun. Only one more week and BTW Grovyle is proven to be really fast in this battle. Goes to show people Ash is now specializing in spped instead of power...

=O

(note: that is the last time you'll see me using that!)

Ah man, it was even more beautiful in person! Swellow vs. Swellow is indeed in the top tier for greatest battles. They even kept the 5th movie music! That MADE the battle.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Teh Shiny Swellow!!!111!1

I see Team Ota did the animation for this episode, everything was fluid and easy to watch. Everything right down to the eyelashes on May's eyes, Team Ota IS the best animation studio who do episodes.

May was just so pretty in this episode, Winona too. I LOVE the way these guys draw women, they looked really sexy. :x

Too bad these guys don't do every episode, Ash and May look much older in this animation style, and Winona had some pretty nice shots herself. Anyone notice the awesome camera angles? The bird and worm eyes view of the battle were great.

TEAM OTA FOR ACADEMY AWARD! HIRE THESE GUYS FOR EVERY EPISODE!

Well...i'd say this as one of the best of the hoenns i've seen..as i can't choose which as the best..

but it was a great battle with GREAT STRATGEY...

i wonder...does that move Steel Wing stratgey work in the games? lol...i really liked to know...

well...i rate this ep... 9.6/10

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Teh Shiny Swellow!!!111!1

I see Team Ota did the animation for this episode, everything was fluid and easy to watch. Everything right down to the eyelashes on May's eyes, Team Ota IS the best animation studio who do episodes.

May was just so pretty in this episode, Winona too. I LOVE the way these guys draw women, they looked really sexy. :x

Too bad these guys don't do every episode, Ash and May look much older in this animation style, and Winona had some pretty nice shots herself. Anyone notice the awesome camera angles? The bird and worm eyes view of the battle were great.

TEAM OTA FOR ACADEMY AWARD! HIRE THESE GUYS FOR EVERY EPISODE!
    One thing's for sure: they sure do love drawing Grovyle.

Can you say, EXAGGERATIONS!?
    V | Faction

Geki Guest

Great Gym Battle, possibly the best so far in Hoenn. Grovyle was really great, I was surprised how it could match up against powerful flying types. I expected Pikachu to lose against Pelipper since Pikachu has so low defense. Pikachu did do good though, it's Thunderbolt was cool looking especially when TR was next to it when it was using Thunderbolt. Swellow VS Swellow was awesome as well, it reminds me of my Swellow in Emerald since it had Hyper Beam, the best move for a Swellow. It's STAB and is 150 power, what could be better? TR was funny with the Itemfinder. XD

Overall I give it a 10/10

dis episode was kool with Winona's Swellow.......... it was a great battle......... ^_^

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

One of the best episodes in a while. Ash was smart in this one. Using, the field to his advantage and letting Pelipper attack knowing it would unground itself.

Then of course we got the dog fight with the full E4 theme.

There's only one thing that spoiled this otherwise incredible episode. That's right, Team Rocket. They could have taking the episode off but one, they had to be idiots, running around in the catacombs and getting shocked by their metal devining rods.

Well animated and well written.

The Big Al's rating
    9.3/10
    TR came this one from a perfect 10.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Some quotes.

*TR blasts off*
    May: Was that a shooting star?
    Brock: ...whuh?

Winona: Ash, on days that are so beautiful and clear like today, my flying Pokemon and I are able to manifest much greater power than we're able to in less perfect conditions. Those of us whose dreams reach towards the sky are loved by the sky in return.
    Ash: Wow, I didn't know the sky could love you.
    V | Faction

What I don't get is, shiny swellow uses hyper beams like crazy and regular swellow is hurt badly, it uses ONE wing attack and shiny swellow faints.
    My Team

Made by my good friend Charizard Champion#06
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Puberty is for the weak. I was born a man.
    LOL

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3480 2939 6419
    Pm Me to add.
    PSN ID: CM-Matt

easily one of the best gym battle in a long while... absolutely fierce... definately made up for the lackluster Norman battle...

if Team Ota isn't able to do every episode, they should at least do all the important ones...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

I thought I read in the write up that Winona started with Pelliper in Japan, or was I on some good stuff? lol

It was a great episode nevertheless.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast