Thread: Sky High Gym Battle! (361)

I like shiny pokemon .
    I have a shiny crobat , raticate , vieleplume
    Winonna is a good pokemon Trainer
    There is no way out,
    No hope,
    But Itachi Uchiha is coming,
    He will get you,
    And infect you with his Mangekyo Sharingan.
    Follow him into the place,
    Full of pleasure,
    Escape from the misery,
    And step into another world.

(Don't touch him, cus he is my bishie & Hidan ^^ )

Name: Britt
    Friend Code: 4639 6332 0447
    [CENTER[/CENTER]

Flying Tropius Guest

winnona is the best looking female gym leader in hoenn!

loved the gym battle! suprised me how peliper and altaria fainted so easily though. i liked how the two swellows battled at the end. i was suprised that skarmory wasnt used intead or peliper though.

Default Pokemon Advanced Battle Episode (361) - Sky High Gym Battle!

I have seen this Fortree Gym Battle epsiode. It was cool that Ash won against the Fortree Gym Leader, Winona and get the Feather Badge from her. I like this episode. I know that on the first match Ash's Grovyle defeated Winona's Altaria. Beacuse Grovyle's weakness to Fire, Ice & Flying. The second battle is quite easy for Pikachu to take down Pelipper because its weakness to Electric. But actually it ends in a tie. For Ash's final match, probably it is not going to be easy, Ash's Swellow VS Winona's Shiny Swellow. Swellow finally defeats Winona's Shiny Swellow. So thats why Ash won.
    Last edited by ~Flareon~; 26th December 2005 at 3:06 PM.

Credits to Arceus Master and Aragornbird of Arkeis.com for my banner, the image
    |My Pokemon games I have now: FireRed, Emerald and Diamond|
    |My 4 top favourite Pokemon characters: Ash, Pikachu, May and Hikari|
    |Bishie: Flareon from Pokemon| Cartoon Bishie: Scooby-Doo|

lightspeed Guest

10/10, Ash really did very well in this battle and I was impressed of his strategy, it also shows that pokemon types do not matter, what's more important is the trainer's confidence and strategy. Grovyle looked so cool in this episode although it fainted when hit by aerial ace. Winona was really good but Ash was better.

Well Grass is weak against Flying and that was also seen in the Violet Gym Battle. Pretty good episode and I lvoe that Shiny Swellow
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Well,in this episode,Grovyle beats a Altria (sorry I can't spell its name) ,even it has the disadvantage,it still won.That Pelipeer used steel wing on the ground to avoid Pikachu's thunderbolt.Ash's Swellow was the coolest in this episode,it beat a Shiny Swellow.
    This a one of the best gym battles I've seen.
    current rank:Rising trainer
    Final rank:Pokemon champion
    Oh boy,I have a long way to go.
    Future DP team:

Best gym battle ever.

This gym battle was really cool to watch, as is all gym battles in the Advanced series. However, Grovyle beating Altaria was a bit...unbelievable. Although I absolutely loved the way Grovyle used its double leaf blade.

The Pelipper strategy was a really clever thing and it was good how Ash and Pikachu managed to wait and defeat it.

Swellow vs. Swellow was a really cool match, it proved how much Ash's Swellow is so tough. This battle made me think how restricted the games are, battlewise.
    My Emerald Team: Raichu, Sceptile, Swellow, Crawdaunt, Torkoal, Donphan
    Shinies:

Err "Swellow use Dive!" yeah.....also Ash makes a crazy face when he gets his badge i'll try to post it.

-Judai

i saw the episode recently (saw it monday on Dutch television) and is it true that judgement brawl is the last episode of advanced challenge.

Great Music on this episode.

Ash has a Swellow and Winona has a Swellow too. It's so shiny others can tell it from Ash's. (Bad road for you, Winona. It seems that your Pelipper resisted Pikachu's electric attacks by going to the ground. If it didn't go to the ground, well, it must have dealt ultra damage from Pikachu.) What a battle I can't forget asking and telling to friends. I didn't watch that episode yet, but once when it's aired, I will know anything from it.

I loved that shiny Swellow. I also loved how Pelliper could redirect the electricity into the ground. It was a great battle.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

it was a very entertaining gym battle if you ask me, it had some moments in it that i didn't expect, 9/10.

Nice Episdode, Winona is my fave gym leader from that region..
    and the Shiny Swellow kicked it <3
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Not a bad episode. I expected Winona to use Skarmory as her last pokemon, but I was shocked to see her use a shiny Swellow. Yet, her Swellow put up a good fight... 8/10

The best gym battle in Hoenn, i think
    Winona's Swellow was so strong, but i loved Ash's tactic how it beat it
    And it was great to see Altaria
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I was expecting so much more out of this sixth Gym battle epiosde. The only surprise during this battle was the appearance of Winona's Shiny Swellow to be honest. Overall I was very unimpressed with her team and I think she's one of the weakest Hoenn Gym Leaders, in the anime anyway. I wish she'd gotten to play a larger role or at least battle more fiercely. 4/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 9th November 2010 at 11:16 PM.

I loved seeing the Shiny Swellow, it was nice seeing Swellow VS Swellow, Winona wasn't too bad really. I am surprised she didn't use Skarmory, I guess not all Gym leaders use the Pokemon we see with them the first time or seem like the signature Pokemon.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

I think Winnona could've won if she know Swellow had a problem in the air VS the Ariel Ace.
    Her Shiny Swellow was very beautiful.

This was a very good Gym battle.

Ash is the only trainer I know crazy enough to not only use Grovyle, but start off with it against a Flying type Gym Leader. But it did a great job against Altaria and even tangled with Swellow for a bit, so I was impressed.

Pikachu vs Pelipper was good too, it was smart of Winona to use that ground strategy.

Swellow vs Shiny Swellow was simply epic, nothing more to say about that.

Overall, this was a very good episode and one of my favorites from this saga.

This episode was cool. It was great to see a shiny Swellow for the 1st time, Man that Shiny Swellow is strong! The Pikachu vs Pelipper battle was very cool, even though Pikachu lost to Pelipper which was very odd. It was very creative for Pelipper to use its fin to send the electricity into the ground. It was great to see an Altaria for the 1st time. Grovyle vs Altaria was a really cool battle. I like how Swellow hung in there after all of those hits, to beat Shiny Swellow. I'm glad Ash won this gym battle.

85/100
    Last edited by G50; 5th March 2011 at 7:34 AM.

What a bad gym battle. Altaria getting beat after it was pummeling Grovyle the entire match? The writers love Grovyle don't they? All it would need is a tragic back story and it would be the Infernape of Hoenn. The Pikachu v. Pelipper match was less grating compared to the rest of the matches. Ash's Swellow beating Winona's Swellow? Wow. bad writers writing bad matches. His Swellow gets outclassed throughout the entire match and he wins it with one Wing Attack. Bad writing all around.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

The only thing I was quite surprised at with this episode, was how easily Winona's Swellow was beaten by Ash's Swellow. But for the rest of it, I seemingly enjoyed this gym battle a lot and I thought they did it great with giving each part of the battle enough time and having Ash's thinking outside the box multiple times in order to win.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast