Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sky High Gym Battle! (361)

Looking back, I found Winona's Pelipper's battle with Pikachu to be so unrealistic. The whole rerouting Pikachu's Thunderbolt to the ground with Steel Wing strategy was ridiculous in my view; it still should've taken more damage in my opinion. Also, seeing Pikachu get knocked out by Pelipper's Hydro Pump made me cackle with rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Looking back, I found Winona's Pelipper's battle with Pikachu to be so unrealistic. The whole rerouting Pikachu's Thunderbolt to the ground with Steel Wing strategy was ridiculous in my view; it still should've taken more damage in my opinion. Also, seeing Pikachu get knocked out by Pelipper's Hydro Pump made me cackle with rage.
    Au Contraire, I found it to be one of the most innovative things the anime has ever done in regards to negating type disadvantages. Plus it makes sense, Iron conducts electricity and Ground negates it so by using the Steel Wing to redirect it into the Ground, the Thunderbolt is negated. Pikachu only got KOd by Hydro Pump because he took massive amounts of damage from it before he could even actually get an attack in.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Wasn't expecting to see Winonna send out a shiny Swellow.
    Awesome that we got an epic Swellow versus Swellow battle.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark/Legendary Master View Post
    Au Contraire, I found it to be one of the most innovative things the anime has ever done in regards to negating type disadvantages. Plus it makes sense, Iron conducts electricity and Ground negates it so by using the Steel Wing to redirect it into the Ground, the Thunderbolt is negated. Pikachu only got KOd by Hydro Pump because he took massive amounts of damage from it before he could even actually get an attack in.
    I just found Winona's strategy with Pelipper to be too convenient and I don't even think that the writers put much thought into the physics involved. Also, maybe I'm a bit naive, but I simply thought that Pikachu should've won that battle regardless based on type advantage alone. This was one of the few Gyms where I wanted him to shine. :x

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345