Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 107

Thread: Lights, Camerupt, Action! (362)

  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    May: "Like I always say, the merry, the morri...er."
    Max: "You never say that."
    May: "Now we know why."

    XD
    I thought that moment was ruined, personally, with that horribly overdun "Group Laugh" X.x;;.

    I'm not surprised to see plot holes in this episode. I knew it was just thrown together =/.

    Shining Suicune: Cybercubed is talking about a lot of disappointing episodes after this. There are some gems, but it's mostly garbage.

    ~*CB*~
    Most Recent Works:


    Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.


    Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.


    Ficubes made by me.


    Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

  2. #52
    Frost Guest

    Default

    Man, this episode was totally uneventful. If they added in more mini-movies/parodies, it wouldn't have been so bad, but the plot was nowhere to be found. It was more like the writers got together and said "Okay, we'll never build an entire episode around mini-movies... let's throw in totally random events like May almost getting crushed by randomly falling rocks to take up some time!" How far could that little village have been from a major city that somebody would have to go around with his Camerupt to show them movies, anyway? Then there was the fact that Team Rocket was trying to steal a freaking projector... even James commented on the ridiculousness of the idea. I really did like the mini-movies, though, especially the manga parody, and the first time TR started the motto and James said "We'll do the rest later!" but I can't remember anything else noteworthy from this boring episode.
    Last edited by Frost; 17th July 2005 at 1:32 PM.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Around water.
    Posts
    2,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokeking
    I don't know if anyone else has brought this up but how was there a teddiursa and its evolve form in the movie that ash saw BEFORE his journey.... they didn't exist then did they??? someone plz help me (")...?
    But they did exist, right? Just because those Pokemon weren't created back then doesn't mean they just didn't exist.

    Contrary to many others' opinions, I quite enjoyed this episode. Mostly because of all the laughs.

    May's "the mer, the mor...er" was funny. And when Meowth was explaining how Camerupt was useful and said, "So it can carry all the Boss' big rocks!" I was lmao. Even James came in and showed heavy doubt in the plan. That was definately hilarious, it made the episode for me.

    Interesting to see Ash laugh at that movie and Gary look bored as heck. ^^

    Jessie and James liked that movie, and were crying, lol.
    James(paraphrased) : I'd hate to see how you react to a SAD ending...

    Edit: Oh, and the rating will have to be 7/10.
    Last edited by Kamex; 18th July 2005 at 9:15 PM.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    After hearing Chiriin's voice (more than a week ago), I realize how much Chimecho's totally sucks. Chiriin's is so cute! But Chimecho's is... ugh. Not evil, but definitely not good. When I heard it in this episode, I couldn't help but think [img135]http://graphics.gaiaonline.com/images/template/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img135] Euhm.... No. I'm surprised that I forgot to mention it the first time around.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Place that voted yes on prop 8
    Posts
    7,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryAshRichie
    Actually I found that to be probably the funniest Titanic-spoof I've seen in a long time. All it needed was that sappy Celine Dion music to make it complete. I give the writers credit...they should find ways to mini-spoof movies like this more often.
    Oh yeah, I thought about that! And the thought just made me sick just hearing that damn song from Titanic...*medea10 dies a little inside*

    DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,590

    Default

    Random comment time!

    Meowth's Giovanni Fantasies Meowth had officialy gone insane. X_X I think he's enjoying making up these little ideas. But he's not really thinking clearly anymore...

    "The merry the more-ier..." That made me want to pop my brain out. So corny. I know May must secretly be a dumb blonde.

    May's Expedition "Hey, look, some rocks! I think they're getting bigger!" *brain pops out* At least it gives more proof that May was repeatedly dropped on her head as a baby.

    Plusle and Minun and the Princess Rescue What a let-down. It lasted fifty seconds. And Ash acted liked it was the greatest thing in the world. O.o At the end, it you look closely you can see some Pokemon awaiting the "princess" like some Marill.

    Brock's song... thing Brock sure is sexah in that outfit. I found it hilarious, especially with Lombre.

    The Snorlax western That was the best mini-movie, especially with the Remoraid guns.

    The Clefairy movie If I watched that, I would have Gary's expression (which was priceless). That was... horrible. Oh, and about the Teddiursa and Ursaring. Of course the Johto and Hoenn Pokemon were already known worldwide. Just because we didn't know they existed doesn't mean the people that live in Pokeworld didn't.

    The Meowth monster movie So, Max is a Sci-fi fan, eh? It was hilarious with all the random plot twist. "It turns out the Marhstomp were SUPER HEROES from a different planet and could grow to giant size!" The writers so PWNed Sci-fi flicks. XD

    The Titanic parody Even more proof that May is a complete idiot.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Joliet, IL
    Posts
    1,727

    Default

    This episode was, for the most part, underwhelming. It reminded me a lot of "Same Old Song and Dance", where its cutsieness for kids ruined the episode (movies this time, instead of songs). Plus, it was awfully boring leading up to the last part of the episode. At least Red's movie was interesting.

    A few things I did like about the episode:

    -- At least they changed the last line of "Takeshi in Paradise" this time. "Ole, yeah, yo, hmm. Oh!" just sounded so stupid in SOSAD. Plus, he had Lombre!
    -- Cameos by Gary, Norman and Caroline, and Brock's family, plus Brock in his old outfit (not that I don't love the current outfit).
    -- Chimecho!!! I was LOL when Jessie said that the voice is cute the first 300 times. I still love it, though.
    -- Team Rocket get a decent episode ending for a change. WOW, when was the last time they had that? They so rarely end episodes nowadays, and I can't think of any non-depressing endings they've had since season one (like "The Song of Jigglypuff" and "Holy Matrimony").

    Overall, 6/10.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 4/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,536

    Default

    Argh, I missed it. Was it good?
    My Team

    Made by my good friend Charizard Champion#06
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Puberty is for the weak. I was born a man.
    LOL

    Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3480 2939 6419
    Pm Me to add.
    PSN ID: CM-Matt

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    29,705

    Default

    Not really.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut
    -- Team Rocket get a decent episode ending for a change. WOW, when was the last time they had that? They so rarely end episodes nowadays, and I can't think of any non-depressing endings they've had since season one (like "The Song of Jigglypuff" and "Holy Matrimony").
    Does Meowth Rules! count? But you're right, good endings for TR when they have a major part in the episode (read: interact with Ash-tachi) are getting very hard to come by.

    Quote Originally Posted by CharizardMaster
    Argh, I missed it. Was it good?
    Personally, not really. The movies were... odd (the Titanic one was rather sad, though the real Titanic movie didn't really make me feel that way till the very very end), and unless you like 10 seconds of slapstick comedy or Meowth just swinging his arms in front of a building, you probably won't care too much for them. The rest was... hmm, I wonder what else is on....

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Around water.
    Posts
    2,373

    Default

    I understand the movies were quite boring, but they weren't supposed to be that interesting, were they? I thought it was supposed to be comedic how they were sappy and rather childish. I mean come on, a giant Meowth destroying the city? You can't expect the writers to hope you'd find that particularly interesting, besides it being funny.

    Edit: I forgot to mention a couple things.

    That little girl (forgot her name, maybe Mariah or something... someone may have mentioned her name on this thread) had a nice unique voice that sounded like a little girl. Good job, 4Kids.

    And Brock's Paradise was in there, I see. Nice continuity there. But he sounded a little different... meh, voices always seem to change for the worse. :/
    Last edited by Kamex; 18th July 2005 at 9:44 PM.

  12. #62

    Default

    I personally didn't like this episode. Can you say filler? It sucked. No real plot, nothing to advance on the future of the series, horridly written mini-stories? TOTAL filler! I'm actually counting the days to the episode(s) I'm really looking forward to. *yawns* October 8th...

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Mitten State
    Posts
    6,974

    Default

    I wouldn't stick "Same Old Song and Dance" with this junk. Yes I'm defending a Johto filler.

    SOSAD was decent because
    -4Kids actually bothered to find someone who could sing to voice brittany.
    -The full TR made a come back.
    -The fanboys were exactly how I view fanboys (and fangirls). Absolutely Nuts.
    -The English songs were decent and catchy.
    -Jigglypuff trying to find its Microphone and stealing Brock's bread was funny.
    -Takeshi's Paradise made its debute.

    This episode was dumb. Nothing was funny and the one truly great part was ruined by bad casting.

    Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

  14. #64
    Aerial Ace Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CharizardMaster
    Argh, I missed it. Was it good?
    No, it was extremely boring and I found it really hard to focus on watching it. The movies were pretty idiotic. This episode was really nothing more than a lousy filler and a trip back to the Johto days. You may have liked it if you were 8- because most of the attempts at jokes seemed to be aimed at younger kids. Meaning only the younger kids would find it funny or entertaining..

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Around water.
    Posts
    2,373

    Default

    Although I liked this episode a little more than most other people on this thread, it's sort of ironic that the other episode with Brock's Paradise that's been dubbed as of now was one of my favorite episodes yet. And this episode was on the flip-side, with most feeling like it was a waste of thirty minutes. Well, there isn't that much irony considering I matched those two episodes with that one song, but... >_>

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Place that voted yes on prop 8
    Posts
    7,270

    Default

    The Big Al makes a good point. Something else I forgot to mention is that Brock's voice sucked when he sang, well compared to his singing in Same Old Song and Dance.

    DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Around water.
    Posts
    2,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medea10
    Something else I forgot to mention is that Brock's voice sucked when he sang, well compared to his singing in Same Old Song and Dance.
    Lol, I mentioned that a little while back. Yeah, his voice sounded terrible compared to that other episode. But then again, if you listen carefully enough, his voice in general has been declining in quality during Hoenn. Perhaps it's just Eric Stuart. I mean, did his James voice sound like it used to in Same Old Song and Dance? Because... well, I'd better not get into that. X/

  18. #68
    Waveblaster Guest

    Default

    The episode wasn't bad, it could have been much better but it wasn't.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    outskirts of Wylie Texas
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faerie
    I personally didn't like this episode. Can you say filler? It sucked. No real plot, nothing to advance on the future of the series, horridly written mini-stories? TOTAL filler! I'm actually counting the days to the episode(s) I'm really looking forward to. *yawns* October 8th...
    But weren't all the mentions of previous episodes and characters worth something? Its not every day we get flashbacks with the likes of Gary, Brock's siblings and such.

    I find it odd that when this episode first aired in Japan it got little but praise from people here looking at the screenshots. Now the majority of posters seem to hate it. The old thread may even still exist somewhere.

    I myself found the episode amusing, nothing more, nothing less. ^_^

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Mitten State
    Posts
    6,974

    Default

    I think actually hearing the Scary Clefairy's dub voice is what made most of us hate. It was a funny clip in Japanese but the English version wasn't all that funny because the voicing was bad.

    Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Joliet, IL
    Posts
    1,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kthleen
    Does Meowth Rules! count? But you're right, good endings for TR when they have a major part in the episode (read: interact with Ash-tachi) are getting very hard to come by.
    "Meowth Rules" is kind of neutral because of the very final scene, where Meowth can't believe Jessie and James are pushing him to learn pay day. The part on the island near the end, however, WAS terrific.

    I really hope Meowth does learn pay day someday.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 4/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

  22. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    I think actually hearing the Scary Clefairy's dub voice is what made most of us hate. It was a funny clip in Japanese but the English version wasn't all that funny because the voicing was bad.
    I liked the Ursaring's voice a lot. I thought it was hilarious.

    But no, the truth is that that clip was just pretty boring.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated Nov 20th, 2013)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers)

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut
    "Meowth Rules" is kind of neutral because of the very final scene, where Meowth can't believe Jessie and James are pushing him to learn pay day. The part on the island near the end, however, WAS terrific.

    I really hope Meowth does learn pay day someday.
    Me too, but off course, the writers have completely forgotten about that attack. Or they just don't want TR to have money for once.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    outskirts of Wylie Texas
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Brother
    Me too, but off course, the writers have completely forgotten about that attack. Or they just don't want TR to have money for once.
    Not to get off topic but Pay Day and Meowth not knowing it is mentioned again in a Johto episode about that thief from a century or so ago who had a Meowth that used Pay Day. But really there is no reason to make much mention of Pay Day since Meowth made it clear he CAN'T learn the move because he used up all his attack-learning skills learning how to speak human.

  25. #75
    JoHn_C Guest

    Default

    Wow that was funny when Ash kept on laughing when he saw that movie in his younger age and so did the movie that Brock and his brothers & sisters watched

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •