Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lights, Camerupt, Action! (362)

MayAsh1987 Guest

This episode wasn't good as I thought. It was okay. The only thing that got me liking was the mini movies.

The Clefairy one, I thought it was a guy, but sounded more like a girl to me. But Mama Ursaring sounded like a guy, for some reason to me if I sleepy or not sounded like Bowser from the video games. But the Clefairy one was still funny. The voices didn't bother me much since sometimes don't seem to care.

The western one made me laugh too. It was like a joke using Remoraid as guns.

The Meowth gozillia one was okay.

May's movie was cute how she told it. About the Xatu and Natu story. Obviously as everyone knows it was off from Titanic, but just thinking what she said, you could make good story out of it.

Then the Plusle and Minun. It was very kiddy but cute. They sort of made Pikachu more like a hero then Plusle n Minun. Very kiddy but cute.

This eppie gets 5.4 out of 10. Not my faves, but again the mini movies kept me likeing semi.

GaryAshRichie Guest

I thought this episode was hilarious as well. For a filler, they really threw together a lot of different ideas/gags out there.
    -The scary Clefairy part was hilarious, mostly because that Clefairy was sooo against what I would have expected from the manga. Really blew my mind. "What a nasty aftertaste!" LOL!
    -Brock's Paradise song. Never thought I'd see that again, even if it was different.
    -The homage to Gotta Dance! was cute.
    -The return of Gary, in yet another flashback that aludes to him and Ash being friends before their training days.
    -The Pichu brothers in their little cameos.
    -May's reporting thang.

Team Rocket was great in this episode as well. The motto didn't disapoint, Chimecho played it's part, and Jessie had me cracking up when she was sitting on the back of the cart.

Not the best episode EVA, but I liked it.

Aerial Ace Guest

....This was an uneventful episode. I once again found nothing to do, thus watching this. It was quite boring, I found it hard to focus on it. I drifted off several times. There was nothing funny, eye-catching, or anything entertaining about it. All the mini-movies were extrememly idiotic, May's Expedition once again returned to annoy the hell out of me. Ugh. Maybe it's just another product of bad dubbing.

1.5 out of 10. >_>
    Last edited by Aerial Ace; 16th July 2005 at 5:18 PM.

8/10

Okay, I know that this wasn't Team Ota at work on the animation, Chimecho's eyes didn't look right, and the animation was downright terrible. We have also had the strangest plot in Pokemon History (but, I am still confused at why they have to     Spoiler:
    ).

But, the movies were pretty good, but of course no review for this episode is complete without mentioning:
    That Scary Clefairy!

But the good thing is, we had another "Brock's Paradise" moment, with Lombre doing the Samba like Lombres do!

(looking for that picture of Lombre and Brock)
    Last edited by Kanadian Kyuubi; 16th July 2005 at 7:08 PM.

I wish people would stop calling him that. There's nothing "scary" about him at all.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    I wish people would stop calling him that. There's nothing "scary" about him at all.
    It's that mouth. That thing creeped me out the first time I saw it (on a Japanese manga). I thought it would have a man's voice, though.
    Last edited by Rudoku; 16th July 2005 at 5:52 PM.

Howling Cat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    yah isn't his name Pippi anyway. I didn't like this episode at all it was to a draggy and I hated when team rocket stole the movie again. They always manage to leave a trail don't they (T_T) and what was with the quote "merrier the more" it's more the merrier.

My review, done while watching it:

Mmm, Mossdeep. And of course he's never heard of it, he never checks the damn map. You'd think for a kid who's so gung-ho about these things he'd have these things memorized.

Wouldn't it make more sense for this guy to recall his Camerupt? If I recall correctly, anything they're holding gets recalled too.

Elijah? That made me laugh more than it should.

Plusle and Minun are film stars now? *gag*

"Imagine what the boss would call us if we brought him these!" "Blockheads?" "Not this time!"

I'm rather surprised they kept the movie that the Boss watches, given that it could be construed as an ad.

A sports car with two humps? Is it wrong that my first reply to that was "I don't think that's a problem for him"?

So I think it's all clear that Meowth's fantasy version of the Boss has taken over his mind. Coping skills from what he saw in MR, I'm telling you.

May is an IDIOT. "Yep, it's definately rocks."

Mariah. The name I think should have been given to Winona. *le sigh*

So Ash doesn't notice that the guy in the movie looks EXACTLY LIKE HIM?

I liked the Ursaring's voice *g*. "I'll toast your buuuuuuns!"

Pichu Brothers are famous too then?

Was the Meowth Monster voiced by Addie Blaustein? Sounded like she was pitching her voice down *really* low.

"It's a spaceship, but it sinks?" "YES."

So Elijah insists that the whole experience and who you go with is part of it, but May's last example she went to on her own.

Trainer's Choice--was Kekleon more...brightly colored than usual, or was it just me? Or was it just because the other two were browinsh?

The story moves along too quickly. Seriously, they forgot the basic key--show, don't tell!

So J&J do a perfect Bond entrance and there's no joke about it?

Has no one caught on to the fact that Brock only KNOWS ONE SONG? At least he's trying to mix it up a little now, but it's still the same damn song.

When James says "How did it become our fault?" he sounds a lot like Mummymon. Which is funnier than it should be.

It seems Brock is forgetting the lyrics. Can't he, I donno, sing something like a lullabye? I'm sure he knows tons of those! Or a nursery rhyme? Or about how he's a little teapot? Short and stout? Although he may see a pretty girl while in the middle of it and the 'here is my spout' line would come out all wrong and cause him to get slapped.

So that whole movie was a recap? And it was only five minutes long? And they waited a year for THAT?!?! If I were someone in that town, I'd riot! He travels all that way and he can't be arsed to bring a FEATURE with him?
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Well Geodude was right on the title

...Not a bad episode. I have seen clips of the movies a couple of months ago. I will say this though, that first movie that Ash was describing seemed pretty annoying if you ask me!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Aerial Ace Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    Wouldn't it make more sense for this guy to recall his Camerupt? If I recall correctly, anything they're holding gets recalled too.

Elijah? That made me laugh more than it should.
    Wow, I forgot all about the Pokeballs....o_o Yeah, now that I look back on that, that's pretty dumb. x_x

So that whole movie was a recap? And it was only five minutes long? And they waited a year for THAT?!?! If I were someone in that town, I'd riot! He travels all that way and he can't be arsed to bring a FEATURE with him?
    XD I know, that was one crapload of a movie. I understand that they were little kids, but come on x_x; And once again, Pikachu saves the day. Plusle and Minun together could've probably took Armaldo on. >_>

Is anyone else sick of the whole "May's Expedition" thing? "ZOMG May's expedition continues!" She needs to stop acting like a little 5 year old and stop that. x_x

And once again Max does nothing. Max could completely disappear and nothing would be missing from the show. If you're going to add a new character, at least try to develop him. >_> And Brock has done nothing more in the entire season than cook for the kids. x_x
    Last edited by Aerial Ace; 16th July 2005 at 7:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerial Ace
    Wow, I forgot all about the Pokeballs....o_o Yeah, now that I look back on that, that's pretty dumb. x_x
    Maybe he doesn't have a Pokeball? Afterall, Misty didn't have a Pokeball for Togepi.

XD I know, that was one crapload of a movie. I understand that they were little kids, but come on x_x; And once again, Pikachu saves the day. Plusle and Minun together could've probably took Armaldo on. >_>
    It was a movie made for 5 year old kids, I don't think they cared. (The episode itself was lousy too, so who cares in general)

Is anyone else sick of the whole "May's Expedition" thing? "ZOMG May's expedition continues!" She needs to stop acting like a little 5 year old and stop that. x_x
    As a 10 year old girl, she probably has fun with it.

I hate when Hoenn has bad fillers like this, it makes it look like the show isn't really that different from the Johto seasons. Thankfully there's only like 5 of these throughout all of AG.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanji
    This was a really horrible episode, I guess this is where AG starts going down hill.
    I fail to see how one crappy episode hunkers down the entire saga. There's some redeeming episodes after this.

But yeah, the manga adaption mini-movie was really this episode's only redeeming value. And the return of Brock's Paradise. The narraration on the Plusle/Minun movie was horribly done, May's Expedition always irks me, and the TR scenes were lame as ever.

While I still think the Shuppet episode was much worse (worst of AG, to be exact), this was still a pretty poor effort.

4/10

P.S. Did anybody else take the brief clip of the Pichu movie the wrong way?
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Aerial Ace Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Maybe he doesn't have a Pokeball? Afterall, Misty didn't have a Pokeball for Togepi.
    ....I once again forgot the concept of the Pokeball in the anime. x_x

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    I hate when Hoenn has bad fillers like this, it makes it look like the show isn't really that different from the Johto seasons. Thankfully there's only like 5 of these throughout all of AG.
    Yeah, while I was watching this, I was thinking "....Wow, this is really Johto-esque...". I sure hope there aren't any more lousy fillers like this, for the sake of the days where I have nothing else to do...

From a kickŕss battle to a somewhat lame filler. I hated the Clefairy's voice, too...the guy even LOOKS male and they give it a female voice(and not a very good one at that)! I agree--Gottfried would've been an excellent fit for Red's Clefairy. But cest lŕ vié...Guess he was too busy with Cyberchase. But I think the best part was Pikachu coming into the picture and giving the Armaldo a nice Mega Kick! That Pika must be level 100 to do that much damage to a Rock Pokémon... I'll give it a 6/10.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

I guess they really want to stick with species specific voices. But even I was disappointed that the Clefairy didn't sound male.

I almost feel sorry for the dubbers when they have to work on episodes like these. Well hey, maybe they enjoy more than we realize. After all, it is pretty unimportant. They might just be able to a little fun with them.

Anyway, the most enjoyable scenes were Meowth's boss fantasies. Outrageous is the only way to describe them.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

For the record, space ships don't sink, they explode. But then Natu would have been space dust and ruined the "Romantic Moment". *gags* An insult to science fiction compliments of May.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

GaryAshRichie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    For the record, space ships don't sink, they explode. But then Natu would have been space dust and ruined the "Romantic Moment". *gags* An insult to science fiction compliments of May.
    Actually I found that to be probably the funniest Titanic-spoof I've seen in a long time. All it needed was that sappy Celine Dion music to make it complete. I give the writers credit...they should find ways to mini-spoof movies like this more often.
    And Max did point out that spaceships can't sink, but May was just being a fangirl and chose to ignore logic. I thought it was funny. They could have went further with it.

ugh That clefairy was freakin' ugly. I liked the look on young Gary's face when Ash laughed it was hilarious. This episode wasn't anything spectacular except for Team Rocket acting cool as usual.

May: "Like I always say, the merry, the morri...er."
    Max: "You never say that."
    May: "Now we know why."

XD

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

pokeking Guest

I don't know if anyone else has brought this up but how was there a teddiursa and its evolve form in the movie that ash saw BEFORE his journey.... they didn't exist then did they??? someone plz help me (")...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudoku
    It's that mouth. That thing creeped me out the first time I saw it (on a Japanese manga). I thought it would have a man's voice, though.
    It should, considering that Manga-Pippi is a male.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    The way the spaceship was destroyed was a parody of the anime classic Space Battleship Yamato (Starblazers in the U.S.).
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

I thought this epsiode was really good. I loved when they show the mini-movies. They were pretty funny and cool. Got to see Ash, Gary, and Brock as kids. It was great. ^^ And Team Rocket being funny. XD Well this was a very good epsiode imo. 9/10.
    goodbye~

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Suicune
    P.S. Did anybody else take the brief clip of the Pichu movie the wrong way?
    Thanks to the people in the caption thread (I think), yes.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeking
    I don't know if anyone else has brought this up but how was there a teddiursa and its evolve form in the movie that ash saw BEFORE his journey.... they didn't exist then did they??? someone plz help me (")...?
    Plot hole.

This episode was so stupid in funny way...so I liked it. I know, I don't make too much sense. XD Anyway, I have to say I really hated TR in the ep when they cut into the middle of the movie :/. It was annoying. But I guess that's what the writers were after. Anyway, I give it a 7/10 - it was worth getting up early for. ^^
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

I thought this episode was kinda lame. I guess they can't all be as good as gym battles. And that scary Clefairy thing...I'd wondered where it came from. Now I'll have nightmares about it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast